Looking for htaccess file

JamieCoy

Feb 5, 2017, 4:11:42 PM2/5/17
Using Mac OS Sierra, I am running Apache to serve up documents from ~/Library/Sites.

I have used an app called Invisibility Toggler to show invisible files. Nowhere can I find the htaccess file. It is not at the root of the documents in Sites, nor can I find it in /var or /etc or /private or anywhere else. The site is up and running though. Is it conceivable that I’m running my server without this file? I want to block an Asian webcrawler, baiduspider.

Thanks for any help.

Jerry Stuckle

Feb 5, 2017, 11:39:28 PM2/5/17
You may not have a .htaccess file (note the "." at the beginning). It
is an optional file for Apache. There is no problem if it is not
present (in fact, there is a performance hit if it IS present).

And remember - you can have multiple .htaccess files. If present, the
file applies to that directory and all directories under it (unless
overridden by another .htaccess file).

--
Remove the "x" from my email address

JamieCoy

Feb 6, 2017, 3:01:05 PM2/6/17
Thanks Jerry. Perhaps I'm better off without it.