OS Monterey Apache and Homebrew PHP 8.1

JamieCoy

Mar 28, 2022, 4:29:20 PM3/28/22
I am trying to use PHP 8.1 (from a Homebrew installation) on Mac OS Monterey alongside the built-in version of Apache 2.0

I understand the PHP module has to be codesigned and I’ve done that. Unless I’ve misunderstood, the name of the certificate needs to be added at the end of the LoadModule command in httpd.conf. Hence, I have entered it this way with James being the name of the certificate:

LoadModule libphp.so /usr/local/opt/php@8.1/lib/httpd/modules/libphp.so James

<FilesMatch \.php$>
SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
</FilesMatch>

When I run apacheconfig, I get this error:

Mon Mar 28 12:57:45.226774 2022] [so:notice] [pid 52143] AH06662: Allowing module loading process to continue for module at /usr/local/opt/php@8.1/lib/httpd/modules/libphp.so because module signature matches authority "James" specified in LoadModule directive
httpd: Syntax error on line 191 of /private/etc/apache2/httpd.conf: Can't locate API module structure `libphp.so' in file /usr/local/opt/php@8.1/lib/httpd/modules/libphp.so: dlsym(0x20392b0a0, libphp.so): symbol not found

The "dlysym" error is associate with my putting the name of the code signing certificate named James at the end of the module.

What am I doing wrong here? I have a feeling it’s something fairly simple.

Thank you

Nadine Fisch

Feb 17, 2023, 6:55:50 AM2/17/23
Hey Jamie,

did you solve this problem ? I am currently working with the same issue. I've already created a certifcate before with php8, then I installed a lower version and assigned the lower version to the new php path... the code has been signed, but the symbol is not found