Invisible directory

1 view

Axel Berger

Oct 9, 2019, 5:18:14 PM10/9/19
I have frequently and successefully been unsing "Require user", but only
in invisible directories that were not listed anywhere and had to be
known about and typed. So the following came as a surprise.

I have a public area where I allow listing:

Options +Indexes
IndexOptions +FoldersFirst +IgnoreCase
IndexOptions +FancyIndexing +HTMLTable +ScanHTMLTitles

and inside that a folder which I want to protect with a .htaccess inside

IndexIgnore .htaccess .htpasswd local.htaccess
AuthUserFile /wxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx9/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName "Urheberrechtlich geschuetzt"
AuthType Basic
Require user Fxxxxxxxxx

In principle it works as expected. But the protected directory is not
listed in the one above and can't be clicked. I have now made a
HTML-page with essentially no more content than a link to that directory
and that works, but it's a terrible hassle.

How can I list that directory and just make it ask for credentials when
clicked the same as it doies when it's typed not clicked?

Danke
Axel

--
/¯\ No | Dipl.-Ing. F. Axel Berger Tel: +49/ 221/ 7771 8067
\ / HTML | Roald-Amundsen-Straße 2a Fax: +49/ 221/ 7771 8069

Jens Kallup

May 2, 2021, 2:50:01 PM5/2/21
Hallo Axel,

besteht das Problem noch ?