Google Groups no longer supports new Usenet posts or subscriptions. Historical content remains viewable.
Dismiss

I just received 10 megs more web space from AOL

20 views
Skip to first unread message

Antmatic

unread,
Oct 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/16/98
to
Yep, the reward for joining AOL Hometown just came in. AOL just gave my 10 megs
more space for joining AOL. The great part about it is that it all goes to my
Antmatic screen name, not 2 per screen name like AOL planned to do (AOLers
asked AOL to put it all into one screen name, and they budged). So I now have a
total of 12 megs of web space. Most web page hosters like Geocities and
Angelfire offer 5 megs. Thanks AOL.

Visit my web page at http://members.aol.com/antmatic/antmatic.html with links
to my WWF, N64, and Sports pages.

NoSpam

unread,
Oct 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/16/98
to
In article <19981016115335...@ng51.aol.com>, antm...@aol.comtwowords (Antmatic) wrote:
>Yep, the reward for joining AOL Hometown just came in. AOL just gave my 10 megs
>more space for joining AOL. The great part about it is that it all goes to my
>Antmatic screen name, not 2 per screen name like AOL planned to do (AOLers
>asked AOL to put it all into one screen name, and they budged). So I now have a
>total of 12 megs of web space. Most web page hosters like Geocities and
>Angelfire offer 5 megs. Thanks AOL.
>
>

Quite impressive. Texas Net offers 50 meg.

Congratulations.


Antmatic

unread,
Oct 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/16/98
to
>Quite impressive. Texas Net offers 50 meg.

For free? Heck, that's a lot.

NoSpam

unread,
Oct 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/16/98
to
In article <19981016171725...@ng50.aol.com>, antm...@aol.comtwowords (Antmatic) wrote:
>>Quite impressive. Texas Net offers 50 meg.
>
>For free? Heck, that's a lot.
>

http://www.texas.net/serv/personal.html#lonestar

This is the same account that I have had for almost 2 years.

Thanks Texas Net!


NoSpam

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
In article <362a2e34...@news.uscom.com>, Night...@SPAMDIEmy-dejanews.com wrote:
>Behold!! On 16 Oct 1998 21:17:24 GMT, antm...@aol.comtwowords
>(Antmatic) took a bite from the forbidden donut, shook with horror,
>and shrieked:
>
>:>>Quite impressive. Texas Net offers 50 meg.

>:>
>:>For free? Heck, that's a lot.
>
> ....he said, stunned, realizing that AOL's "bargain" of 12 is
>a joke compared to the real internet.....
>


Ahhh, but that is not AOLs 'standard' issue. :)

Antmatic is kissing some serious gluteus maximus to *obtain* 12 meg of
webspace!

Why bother going thru the hoops and hurdles when other ISPs offer more
webspace with no Ads? :)

NoSpam

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
In article <36425306...@news.uscom.com>, Night...@SPAMDIEmy-dejanews.com wrote:

....Snip.....

>
> Speaking of that, just what does Texas Net do? 50 megs sounds
>like a lot. Can anyone join it? Do they have pop ups?
>
>
>NightHeart


Huh?

Texas Net is a regional ISP serving Cental Texas.
Plain-Jane ISP. Short and simple.
No pop-ups whatsoever. How can you have pop-ups with a PPP connection? :)
Direct dial-in with *excellent* tech-support.
Pure and simple as that.


BTW.....PI only offers 2 Meg?

Tisk....tisk ;>)

NoSpam

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
In article <36455d92...@news.uscom.com>, Night...@SPAMDIEmy-dejanews.com wrote:
>Behold!! On Sat, 17 Oct 1998 05:57:12 GMT, BogusA...@device.nul
>(NoSpam) took a bite from the forbidden donut, shook with horror, and
>shrieked:
>
>:>In article <36425306...@news.uscom.com>,

> Night...@SPAMDIEmy-dejanews.com wrote:
>:>
>:>....Snip.....
>
>:>> Speaking of that, just what does Texas Net do? 50 megs sounds
>:>>like a lot. Can anyone join it? Do they have pop ups?
>
>:>Huh?
>
> Sorry, it's late....when Geocites and stuff were mentioned, I
>was totally thinking free web servers, not ISPs. Now, it's really
>late...and I'm just not thinking. :)
> (But I'm still smarter not thinking than most AOLamers are
>trying to think so hard they blow their brains out their buttocks. :))
>
>:>Texas Net is a regional ISP serving Cental Texas.

>:>Plain-Jane ISP. Short and simple.
>:>No pop-ups whatsoever. How can you have pop-ups with a PPP connection? :)
>
> Dammit, I already said I'm half asleep (I think...:) ) so cut
>me some slack. :)

>
>:>Direct dial-in with *excellent* tech-support.
>:>Pure and simple as that.
>:>BTW.....PI only offers 2 Meg?
>
>:>Tisk....tisk ;>)
>
> Not on PI anymore. They cheezed me off with their binary
>limitations, so I dumped them for a new server. I didn't even ask if
>they have free web space. :)
>
>
>NightHeart

Ahhh.....I can understand the lack of caffeine. I forgive you :)

Vegas Brat

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
In article <362a2e34...@news.uscom.com>,
Night...@FinalFrontier.com says...

> Behold!! On 16 Oct 1998 21:17:24 GMT, antm...@aol.comtwowords
> (Antmatic) took a bite from the forbidden donut, shook with horror,
> and shrieked:
>
> :>>Quite impressive. Texas Net offers 50 meg.
> :>
> :>For free? Heck, that's a lot.
>
> ....he said, stunned, realizing that AOL's "bargain" of 12 is
> a joke compared to the real internet.....
>
>
Yeah, I was LMAO at that one. I get 12 megs free, and and extra 10 for
an extra buck, like you would use that much space to begin with. And
STILL it's cheaper than aol. Go figure.
RATDFA!
> NightHeart
>
> Remove SPAMDIE from address to reply.
> I don't make mistakes....everyone just interprets my actions the wrong way. ;)
> AOLamers - We're not laughing with you, but at you.
> There are no stupid questions...except from AOLamers.
> Come see my Anti-AOL site: http://members.tripod.com/~NightHeart/index.html
> for anti-AOL articles, pics, and more, as well as Star Trek pics.
>

--
AOL...where people don't laugh with you, but at you!

Antmatic

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
>Yeah, I was LMAO at that one. I get 12 megs free, and and extra 10 for
>an extra buck, like you would use that much space to begin with. And
>STILL it's cheaper than aol. Go figure.

Still, AOL offering 12 megabytes is much more than the standard for other free
web servers, like Angelfire, Geocities, and Tripod. And Bogus- I can now remove
my site from Hometown AOL and keep my 12 megs.

Antmatic

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
>Um...Geocities offers 11. Tripod 10. And as you see, Texas
>Net 50. AOL sucks.

12 is more than 10 and 11, Nightheart. Learn your math.

Antmatic

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
>Ant, do the math yourself and tell me how many more megs 50 is than
>12. DO THE MATH!

TexasNet is only a regional ISP- thier services are not available to everyone,
so therefore, TexasNet does not really count. If Texas Net was like Geocities,
then that would be OK. But from the ATL, AOL offers me 12 megs, and that is
more than anyone else for free.

Antmatic

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
>Since your little AOL "12 megs" got spanked, you start mentioning
>non-ISP services. Truly lame...
Like I said before, TexasNet is a regoinal ISP- that 50 megs is not available
to everyone in the country.

Antmatic

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
> No one
>mentioned web based, but they are comparing ISPs, which YOU brought
>up.

I brought up web based in my original post, if you do not remember.

Vegas Brat

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
In article <19981017104353...@ng52.aol.com>,
antm...@aol.comtwowords says...

> >Yeah, I was LMAO at that one. I get 12 megs free, and and extra 10 for
> >an extra buck, like you would use that much space to begin with. And
> >STILL it's cheaper than aol. Go figure.
>
> Still, AOL offering 12 megabytes is much more than the standard for other free
> web servers, like Angelfire, Geocities, and Tripod. And Bogus- I can now remove
> my site from Hometown AOL and keep my 12 megs.
>
>
I wasn't talking about the freebie sites, I'm talking about my ISP. 12
megs, free and no aol pop up ads, and STILL cheaper per month.

Antmatic

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
>I wasn't talking about the freebie sites, I'm talking about my ISP. 12
>megs, free and no aol pop up ads, and STILL cheaper per month.
>

I was talking about the freebie sites. And I can remove my web site from
Hometown AOL now, and still keep the extra 10 megs. Read a post before you
respond to it.

Antmatic

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
>Coward. You can't compare AOL to ISPs, so you just go with
>web based servers. What a loser.
>

I have been comparing AOL to ISPs for the past 6 months.

Antmatic

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
>For shame, give this up, as no
>one cares anymore, Ant. And even if AOL offered 60 megs, it would be
>on their poor server, so would be worthless.

You guys reply, so you obviously must care. And as far as the crack at the end,
atleast AOL has the most content of any ISP.

Antmatic

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
>SIGH...yes, Ant, but you only compared AOL against web based
>servers, so when someone mentioned ISPs, you chickened out and stuck
>with the web based ones. And you got those WRONG! "5 megs...."
>sheesh....

5 megs or 11.999999999, it is still less regardless.

Vegas Brat

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
In article <19981017135350...@ng57.aol.com>,
antm...@aol.comtwowords says...

> >I wasn't talking about the freebie sites, I'm talking about my ISP. 12
> >megs, free and no aol pop up ads, and STILL cheaper per month.
> >
>
> I was talking about the freebie sites. And I can remove my web site from
> Hometown AOL now, and still keep the extra 10 megs. Read a post before you
> respond to it.
>
>
LOL, pot/kettle/black. You didn't read my post right, so you have to
make excuses and have to blame others. Is that ALL you can do? All I
EVER see from you is excuses and more excuses. Typical from a worthless
aoler. Since you aren't bright enough to be on an ISP, aol is right
where you should be.
RATDFA

>
> Visit my web page at http://members.aol.com/antmatic/antmatic.html with links
> to my WWF, N64, and Sports pages.
>
>
>
>
>

--

Vegas Brat

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
In article <36370581...@news.uscom.com>,
Night...@FinalFrontier.com says...
> Behold!! On 17 Oct 1998 17:53:50 GMT, antm...@aol.comtwowords

> (Antmatic) took a bite from the forbidden donut, shook with horror,
> and shrieked:
>
> :>>I wasn't talking about the freebie sites, I'm talking about my ISP. 12
> :>>megs, free and no aol pop up ads, and STILL cheaper per month.
>
> :>I was talking about the freebie sites. And I can remove my web site from
> :>Hometown AOL now, and still keep the extra 10 megs. Read a post before you
> :>respond to it.
>
> Coward. You can't compare AOL to ISPs, so you just go with
> web based servers. What a loser.
>
>
Would an aoler do anything less??? ROTFLMAO
RATDFA

> NightHeart
>
> Remove SPAMDIE from address to reply.
> I don't make mistakes....everyone just interprets my actions the wrong way. ;)
> AOLamers - We're not laughing with you, but at you.
> There are no stupid questions...except from AOLamers.
> Come see my Anti-AOL site: http://members.tripod.com/~NightHeart/index.html
> for anti-AOL articles, pics, and more, as well as Star Trek pics.
>

--

Vegas Brat

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
In article <362ffb92...@news.uscom.com>,
Night...@FinalFrontier.com says...
>
> Yeah, he comes in here bragging about that, gets thoroughly
> spanked ("50 megs...that's a lot"), then tries back peddling and
> talking about web based servers! HAHAHAHAHAHA What a joke! Looks
> like the "mighty" Ant has fallen. :)
>
>
Well, with a name like "ant" there's no way to go BUT down!
RATDFA
Woof

Vegas Brat

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
In article <363a06b3...@news.uscom.com>,
Night...@FinalFrontier.com says...
> Behold!! On 17 Oct 1998 18:03:33 GMT, antm...@aol.comtwowords

> (Antmatic) took a bite from the forbidden donut, shook with horror,
> and shrieked:
>
> :>>Coward. You can't compare AOL to ISPs, so you just go with

> :>>web based servers. What a loser.
>
> :>I have been comparing AOL to ISPs for the past 6 months.
>
> No, Ant, you've been back tracking, changing the subject, and
> demanding that people listen to you for six months. Any comparison
> that you give that gets spanked is ignored. AOL will never be as good
> as a real ISP in tons of ways. All they have is chat. That's it.
> And now, here's a look at Ant's "Vaunted" AOL chat, donated by
> Cyrix, and soon to be on my site with his permission
> :
<snip sickening aol chat>
No wonder ant feels so at home on aol...
WOOF!
> RATDFA
> woof!

Vegas Brat

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
In article <363805a9...@news.uscom.com>,
Night...@FinalFrontier.com says...
> Ant's missed the point...but since when hasn't he?
> RATDFA
> Woof!
>
>
He couldn't understand the point if it bit him on the butt.

RATDFA
Woof!

Vegas Brat

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
In article <19981017132902...@ng59.aol.com>,
antm...@aol.comtwowords says...

> >Since your little AOL "12 megs" got spanked, you start mentioning
> >non-ISP services. Truly lame...
> Like I said before, TexasNet is a regoinal ISP- that 50 megs is not available
> to everyone in the country.
>
>
ROTFLMAO, you just CAN'T come up with anything new can you. What a joke.

>
> Visit my web page at http://members.aol.com/antmatic/antmatic.html with links
> to my WWF, N64, and Sports pages.
>
>
>
>
>

--

Antmatic

unread,
Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
to
>:
><begin AOL chat log>
>OnlineHost:
>OnlineHost: *** You are in "Town Square - Lobby 8". ***
>OnlineHost:
>Starst7748: u?
>GwensSin: morning yall
>VWise52026: WHAT IM
>Spazogrrl: Wise you sound like you have lots of rage!!
>VWise52026: YUP
>Swimnike04: 16
>Ghoul66666:         †×´¯¨¨°º·.([§uîcîÐè]).·º°¨¨¯`׆
>Ghoul66666:          †×´¯¨¨°º·.([RîP]).·º°¨¨¯`׆
>Ghoul66666:      †×´¯¨¨°º·.([Ghoul66666]).·º°¨¨¯`׆
>Ghoul66666:         †×´¯¨¨°º·.([§uîcîÐè]).·º°¨¨¯`׆
>VWise52026: ALWAYS
>Starst7748: oh
>Spazogrrl: Listen to some rage and limp bizkit man you feel
>allllll
>betta
>VWise52026: COPS JUST CAUGHT ME WITH WEED
>BLASER14: 15/m
>Starst7748: I will go and get a couple more oppinions
>VWise52026: RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
>RKen661123: stupit mother fucker
>Starst7748: ciao
>Spazogrrl: awwww poor baby ahha I got a sweet face itz
>innocent hehhe
>Spazogrrl: up
>VWise52026: WHP KEN
>Swimnike04: starst do u have aol 4.0 so i can send u my pic
>Starst7748: yes
>VWise52026: WHAT KEN
>Swimnike04: okay wait
>Starst7748: k
>E2cplane: morning room
>VWise52026: RAGE RULES
>Swimnike04: sent starst
>Spazogrrl: they do by the Limp bizkit cd they kick some ace
>man
>Starst7748: brb
>VWise52026: I KNOW
>VWise52026: U LIKE ICP
>Spazogrrl: NO
>VWise52026: THEY RULE TO
>VWise52026: THEY KICK ASS
>Spazogrrl: they suck I think that they would rock if they hate
>desent
>lyrics
>Spazogrrl: Hate = have
>VWise52026: YEAH I AGREE JUST A LITTLE ON THAT
>VWise52026: BUT NOT THAT BAD
>HaleighB1: hi all
>Hlea12: hi
>VWise52026: HIGH
>Starst7748: very nice swim
>VWise52026: 420
>Hlea12: hi
>Spazogrrl: yea I mean itz cool when ONE song is bout sex
>bout all of
>em itz stupid
>Hlea12: does anyone wanna chat?
>VWise52026: YUP
>HaleighB1: Spaz, what song?
>BabePnut: ;
>BabePnut: ;
>BabePnut: ;;
>BabePnut: ;
>VWise52026: ICP
>Spazogrrl: I don't know the cd
>VWise52026: DOWN WITH THE CLOWN
>HaleighB1: oh
>VWise52026: EHY THE BEST SONG I HAVE EVER HEARD WAS
>Spazogrrl: yup
>VWise52026: BY ICE T
>VWise52026: COP KILLER
><end AOL chat log>
>
> Hey, Ant, you're right! THAT IS GREAT!!
> not..
>

I never go into those Town Square lobbys... I used the topic-specific chats and
the conferencerooms.

NoSpam

unread,
Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
to
In article <19981017132807...@ng59.aol.com>, antm...@aol.comtwowords (Antmatic) wrote:
>>Ant, do the math yourself and tell me how many more megs 50 is than
>>12. DO THE MATH!
>
>TexasNet is only a regional ISP- thier services are not available to everyone,
>so therefore, TexasNet does not really count. If Texas Net was like Geocities,
>then that would be OK. But from the ATL, AOL offers me 12 megs, and that is
>more than anyone else for free.
>

I think it really "does" count.

Why jump thru all the hurdles and waste time finding "Free" sites, when you
can have a very *large* one in the first place.

I don't have to do ANYTHING. I have 50 megs available right now.

Do you?


Lets face it......you kissed AOLs behind by joining AOL Hometown. THEN you
came in here and plugged that site.

That is not debate. That is sucking-up. That is publicity for both AOL and
your *page* and you *know it*.


Once again........do you have 50 meg?

Yes or no? (don't wait for the translator)


NoSpam

unread,
Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
to
In article <362c60b1...@news.uscom.com>, Night...@SPAMDIEmy-dejanews.com wrote:

...Snip....
>
> I wonder what it is in him that makes him DESIRE to suck up to
>AOL? Does he work for them, and gets brownie points for posting here?
>Does he actually think he's accomplishing anything by sucking up? He
>says he's here to debate, but as you pointed out, he spends most of
>his time jerking AOL off and doing a Monica on them.
>
>:>Once again........do you have 50 meg?


>:>
>:>Yes or no? (don't wait for the translator)
>

> Q'aplah<sp> :)
>

I can't understand why someone would make a total ass of themselves and keep
coming back for more :)

Either way, he has always compared AOL to an ISP. Then he said he joined
Hometown and his total webspace was modified soonafter. Then he says my ISP
does not count because he was talking about "free" sites.

Go figure.

BTW if anyone is wondering about the "GigaNews" in my headers.....it is a
branch of Texas Net devoted entirely for newsgroups (not an ad).

NoSpam

unread,
Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
to
In article <36326de0...@news.uscom.com>, Night...@SPAMDIEmy-dejanews.com wrote:

....Snip...
>
>:>Either way, he has always compared AOL to an ISP. Then he said he joined

>:>Hometown and his total webspace was modified soonafter. Then he says my ISP
>:>does not count because he was talking about "free" sites.
>

> It was the only way he could make a "point," as he so quaintly
>puts it.
>
>RATDFA
>Woof!
>
>
>NightHeart


Next thing you know......Antmatic will say "Yeh, I can customize my
newsreader".

Hmmmm.......this thread has been renamed :)

Vegas Brat

unread,
Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
to
In article <RraW1.11730$n5....@news.giganews.com>,
BogusA...@device.nul says...

>
>
> Once again........do you have 50 meg?
>
> Yes or no? (don't wait for the translator)

I can't wait to see his answer on that! :)

Vegas Brat

unread,
Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
to
In article <362c60b1...@news.uscom.com>,
Night...@FinalFrontier.com says...
> Behold!! On Sun, 18 Oct 1998 00:16:38 GMT, BogusA...@device.nul
> (NoSpam) took a bite from the forbidden donut, shook with horror, and
> shrieked:
>
> <snip>
> :>Lets face it......you kissed AOLs behind by joining AOL Hometown. THEN you
> :>came in here and plugged that site.
>
> :>That is not debate. That is sucking-up. That is publicity for both AOL and
> :>your *page* and you *know it*.
>
> I wonder what it is in him that makes him DESIRE to suck up to
> AOL? Does he work for them, and gets brownie points for posting here?
> Does he actually think he's accomplishing anything by sucking up? He
> says he's here to debate, but as you pointed out, he spends most of
> his time jerking AOL off and doing a Monica on them.

And aol kept the stained disk to prove it... Sorry, couldn't resist. :)
>
> :>Once again........do you have 50 meg?


> :>
> :>Yes or no? (don't wait for the translator)
>

> Q'aplah<sp> :)


>
>

> NightHeart
>
> Remove SPAMDIE from address to reply.
> I don't make mistakes....everyone just interprets my actions the wrong way. ;)
> AOLamers - We're not laughing with you, but at you.
> There are no stupid questions...except from AOLamers.
> Come see my Anti-AOL site: http://members.tripod.com/~NightHeart/index.html
> for anti-AOL articles, pics, and more, as well as Star Trek pics.
>

--

Vegas Brat

unread,
Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
to
In article <vVaW1.11756$n5....@news.giganews.com>,
BogusA...@device.nul says...

> >
>
> I can't understand why someone would make a total ass of themselves and keep
> coming back for more :)

It seems there are quite a few aolusers that will do this. I don't know
if it makes them feel closer to (UGH) aol, or if they think they are
going to get some kind of brownie points from aol or what.


>
> Either way, he has always compared AOL to an ISP. Then he said he joined
> Hometown and his total webspace was modified soonafter. Then he says my ISP
> does not count because he was talking about "free" sites.
>

Most of them THINK aol is an ISP, or they buy into the aol is the
Internet crap. It's no wonder he can't remember what the hell he was
talking about, let alone switching thoughts in mid stream as it were.

> Go figure.
>
> BTW if anyone is wondering about the "GigaNews" in my headers.....it is a
> branch of Texas Net devoted entirely for newsgroups (not an ad).
>

--

Vegas Brat

unread,
Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
to
In article <362a554...@news.uscom.com>, Night...@FinalFrontier.com
says...
> Behold!! On Sat, 17 Oct 1998 17:45:34 -0500, vb...@yahoo.com (Vegas
> Brat) took a bite from the forbidden donut, shook with horror, and
> shrieked:
>
> :>In article <36370581...@news.uscom.com>,
> :>Night...@FinalFrontier.com says...
>
> :>> Coward. You can't compare AOL to ISPs, so you just go with
> :>> web based servers. What a loser.
>
> :>Would an aoler do anything less??? ROTFLMAO
>
> AOLers are born to find how to do things "less." :)
> RATDFA
> Woof! Grrrrr.
>
>
Kind of like how they strive for mediocrity eh? :)
Woof!

> NightHeart
>
> Remove SPAMDIE from address to reply.
> I don't make mistakes....everyone just interprets my actions the wrong way. ;)
> AOLamers - We're not laughing with you, but at you.
> There are no stupid questions...except from AOLamers.
> Come see my Anti-AOL site: http://members.tripod.com/~NightHeart/index.html
> for anti-AOL articles, pics, and more, as well as Star Trek pics.
>

--

Vegas Brat

unread,
Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
to
In article <3629551...@news.uscom.com>, Night...@FinalFrontier.com
says...
> Behold!! On Sat, 17 Oct 1998 17:52:53 -0500, vb...@yahoo.com (Vegas

> Brat) took a bite from the forbidden donut, shook with horror, and
> shrieked:
>
> :>In article <362ffb92...@news.uscom.com>,
> :>Night...@FinalFrontier.com says...
> :>>
> :>> Yeah, he comes in here bragging about that, gets thoroughly
> :>> spanked ("50 megs...that's a lot"), then tries back peddling and
> :>> talking about web based servers! HAHAHAHAHAHA What a joke! Looks
> :>> like the "mighty" Ant has fallen. :)
>
> :>Well, with a name like "ant" there's no way to go BUT down!
>
> The next time he does a lame thing like that, we should get a
> catch phrase for him, like "RATDFA Squish!" :)
>
That is CERTAINLY a RATDFA squish. LOL! I guess they'll never learn
that even the worst ISP is better than aol.

Antmatic

unread,
Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
to
>Once again........do you have 50 meg?
>
>Yes or no? (don't wait for the translator)
>

I could have if I wanted to. AOL has 5 screen names- this offer could be
applied individually for each of them. Technically, I could have created 5 web
pages and put them into Hometown AOL, 1 for each different sites and got 60
megs. Through this offer, AOL could allow one to get 60 megs per account. 60 is
more than 50.

>That is not debate. That is sucking-up. That is publicity for both AOL and
>your *page* and you *know it*.
>

Why the heck would I publicize a WWF, Videogame, and Sports site in this
newsgroup?

Oh yeah, BogusA...@device.nul- don't test me. I can come up with an answer
for anything with everything and still come out on top.

Antmatic

unread,
Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
to
>I wonder what it is in him that makes him DESIRE to suck up to
>AOL? Does he work for them, and gets brownie points for posting here?
>Does he actually think he's accomplishing anything by sucking up?

I am here mostly to annoy AOL haters like you who have nothing better to do
than to bash a company that is the biggest juggernaut in the Internet,
Nightheart. You will never change my opinion, I will never change yours. I know
AOL is the best, you guys are just too stubborn to listen to me and to see why.
And I do not suck up, I am just posting stuff you guy's don't want to hear.

NoSpam

unread,
Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
to
In article <19981018155915...@ng60.aol.com>, antm...@aol.comtwowords (Antmatic) wrote:
>>Once again........do you have 50 meg?
>>
>>Yes or no? (don't wait for the translator)
>>
>
>I could have if I wanted to. AOL has 5 screen names- this offer could be
>applied individually for each of them. Technically, I could have created 5 web
>pages and put them into Hometown AOL, 1 for each different sites and got 60
>megs. Through this offer, AOL could allow one to get 60 megs per account. 60 is
>more than 50.
>

But the question is *why*.

Are you still expending your own time in doing so? I just find that
*inconvenient*.

Regardless of size.......you are still jumping thru all the hoops, hurdles and
agreements. In reality none are normally required. Why?

"To each his own".......I guess.


>>That is not debate. That is sucking-up. That is publicity for both AOL and
>>your *page* and you *know it*.
>>
>
>Why the heck would I publicize a WWF, Videogame, and Sports site in this
>newsgroup?


Why not? You are only providing *positive* things about AOL.

Correct?


>
>Oh yeah, BogusA...@device.nul- don't test me. I can come up with an answer
>for anything with everything and still come out on top.


If you call contradictions and Spin Doctoring *on top*......then you belong in
the White House.

Here are two facts:

1. "I" don't have a short attention-span.
2. Our friend Mr. DejaNews has no problems with memory either.


It seems like you are doing an excellent job on making a TOTAL fool of
yourself.

Please continue :)

Antmatic

unread,
Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
to
>But the question is *why*.
>
>Are you still expending your own time in doing so?

I don't need 60 megs for a site like mine- heck, I probably don't even need 12
megs.

>It seems like you are doing an excellent job on making a TOTAL fool of
>yourself.

However- hmmm... the fact is that I think I won this argment becasue with AOL,
you have the opportunity to gain 60 megs of web space if you want to- with
TexasNet, you get 50.

NoSpam

unread,
Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
to
In article <19981018160204...@ng60.aol.com>, antm...@aol.comtwowords (Antmatic) wrote:
>>I wonder what it is in him that makes him DESIRE to suck up to
>>AOL? Does he work for them, and gets brownie points for posting here?
>>Does he actually think he's accomplishing anything by sucking up?
>
>I am here mostly to annoy AOL haters like you who have nothing better to do
>than to bash a company that is the biggest juggernaut in the Internet,
>Nightheart. You will never change my opinion, I will never change yours. I know
>AOL is the best, you guys are just too stubborn to listen to me and to see why.
>And I do not suck up, I am just posting stuff you guy's don't want to hear.


Here ye! Here ye!
Let this be for the record:

Antmatic admits that he is *biased*.

The databases of DejaNews are recording this monumental day in history!

And I always thought it was about *debate*. :)

NoSpam

unread,
Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
to
In article <19981018181051...@ng51.aol.com>, antm...@aol.comtwowords (Antmatic) wrote:

>
>However- hmmm... the fact is that I think I won this argment becasue with AOL,
>you have the opportunity to gain 60 megs of web space if you want to- with
>TexasNet, you get 50.
>


Reality check.

You didn't win anything but humiliation.

If you were *on top* so to speak.......then why the desparate attempt to
explain your *webspace* article? And even in that........you tried bring the
*numbers* issue to fore.

Oh, the humanity!


NoSpam

unread,
Oct 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/19/98
to
In article <362bc420...@news.uscom.com>, Night...@SPAMDIEmy-dejanews.com wrote:
>Behold!! On 18 Oct 1998 20:02:04 GMT, antm...@aol.comtwowords
>(Antmatic) took a bite from the forbidden donut, shook with horror,
>and shrieked:
>
>:>I am here mostly to annoy AOL haters like you who have nothing better to do

>:>than to bash a company that is the biggest juggernaut in the Internet,
>:>Nightheart. You will never change my opinion, I will never change yours. I
> know
>:>AOL is the best, you guys are just too stubborn to listen to me and to see
> why.
>

Does this make Antmatic an AOL-hater-hater? :)


> This has got to be the single most pathetic thing you've
>posted, Ant. Once more, in one line you state it's "opinion," then
>state that "AOL is the best." What a hypocrite. For future
>reference, you should say "IMO AOL is the best," instead of trying to
>make it into a factual statement, which it is not.

Darn.

I didn't catch that one. Another contradiction added to my long list of
Antmatic's mistakes!


> The only thing you can come up with is chat and content,
>that's it. Where speed, Usenet, the web, software, and everything
>else is concerned, AOL loses. THAT is what you don't want to see, and
>what you never listen to. So I can say that you are just as stubborn,
>because you don't listen to us.
> Spanked again, and with his own post...
>
>RATDFA
>Woof!
>
>
>NightHeart


Antmatic

unread,
Oct 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/19/98
to
>:>Does this make Antmatic an AOL-hater-hater? :)
>
> Um...yes, I believe so. He is now an Anti-AOLerRacist. You
>are now a bigot, Ant. How's it feel? :)

I don't hate AOL haters, why the heck would I? You guys have done nothing to
me.

Antmatic

unread,
Oct 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/19/98
to
>"IMO AOL is the best," instead of trying to
>make it into a factual statement, which it is not.

Ok- then why don't you guys say "IMO AOL sucks"? If you do that, then frankly I
can't argue with you.

NoSpam

unread,
Oct 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/19/98
to
In article <19981019162811...@ng57.aol.com>, antm...@aol.comtwowords (Antmatic) wrote:
>>:>Does this make Antmatic an AOL-hater-hater? :)
>>
>> Um...yes, I believe so. He is now an Anti-AOLerRacist. You
>>are now a bigot, Ant. How's it feel? :)
>
>I don't hate AOL haters, why the heck would I? You guys have done nothing to
>me.
>

So why do you call people who dislike AOL "Haters"?

Antmatic

unread,
Oct 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/19/98
to
>So why do you call people who dislike AOL "Haters"?
>

The term "AOL Hater" as I understand it- a person who does not like AOL to the
point that they bash AOL in newsgroups (like alt.aol or alt.aol-sucks), or they
maintain an Anti-AOL web site.

NoSpam

unread,
Oct 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/19/98
to
In article <19981019182117...@ng55.aol.com>, antm...@aol.comtwowords (Antmatic) wrote:
>>So why do you call people who dislike AOL "Haters"?
>>
>
>The term "AOL Hater" as I understand it- a person who does not like AOL to the
>point that they bash AOL in newsgroups (like alt.aol or alt.aol-sucks), or they
>maintain an Anti-AOL web site.
>
>

I was just curious.

As we all know, Microsoft's trial just started today. And as we all
know....Microsoft gained its share of opponents thru the years.

AFAIK.......I have never heard the term "Microsoft *Hater*" applied to those
who dislike, "Bash" or even "Hate" Microsoft.


Just a little tidbit of totally useless info :)

Antmatic

unread,
Oct 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/19/98
to
>As we all know, Microsoft's trial just started today. And as we all
>know....Microsoft gained its share of opponents thru the years.

By the way, I am against any anti-trust action against Microsoft, simply
because there is no feasable solution to Microsoft's Windows dominance.
Packaging Netscape makes no sense.

NoSpam

unread,
Oct 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/20/98
to
In article <19981019194135...@ng59.aol.com>, antm...@aol.comtwowords (Antmatic) wrote:
>>As we all know, Microsoft's trial just started today. And as we all
>>know....Microsoft gained its share of opponents thru the years.
>
>By the way, I am against any anti-trust action against Microsoft, simply
>because there is no feasable solution to Microsoft's Windows dominance.
>Packaging Netscape makes no sense.
>

Now I know you're trolling :)

Vegas Brat

unread,
Oct 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/20/98
to
In article <362eb5c2...@news.uscom.com>,
Night...@FinalFrontier.com says...
> Behold!! On Sun, 18 Oct 1998 08:55:45 -0500, vb...@yahoo.com (Vegas
> Brat) took a bite from the forbidden donut, shook with horror, and
> shrieked:
>
> :>It seems there are quite a few aolusers that will do this. I don't know
> :>if it makes them feel closer to (UGH) aol, or if they think they are
> :>going to get some kind of brownie points from aol or what.
>
> That's it...after that last post, and this one, I just
> upchucked my pizza. V, I'm comin' to get ya. :)
>
>
Oh, sorry 'bout that, had to come up with something quick, have been
entertaining o-o-t guests. :)

Vegas Brat

unread,