Re: EVER HEARD OF THE TROGDON FURNITURE COMPANY?

holco...@bellsouth.net

Aug 11, 2016, 6:19:48 PM8/11/16
On Wednesday, August 12, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Reid Knutson wrote:
> We recently purchased some antique furniture at auction which was
> manufactured by the Trogdon Furniture Company in Toccoa, Georgia. I suspect
> the furniture is circa 1900/20 and I thought it would be interesting to
> research the company. If anyone has heard of this manufacturer or could
> suggest where I could conduct further research, please reply to
>
> Thanks!
>
> Reid

My Dad worked for Trogdon Furniture Company in Toccoa, GA for many years (in the mid 1950s on into the 1960s). I currently have a three piece dining room set that my Dad helped make(table with six chairs, buffet, and china cabinet) and am trying to determine its value and was able to find the company online but have not been able to find any actual furniture.

tjeb...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2017, 8:22:07 PM9/25/17
Dis you ever find any information on the Trogdan furniture?

brenb...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2018, 6:40:20 PM2/7/18
I'm Brenda Trogdon and I really don't remember the stories that was told to me but I think I can ask my uncle who was raised in that area and see what we come up with if you would like

ottb...@gmail.com

May 1, 2018, 9:14:46 PM5/1/18
My dad was Plant Manager up until it closed on the 80's.

jaxmarke...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2019, 3:42:31 PM1/5/19
Have you found a way to appraise a piece? I have a 751 buffet and was wondering the same

mikethepai...@gmail.com

May 22, 2020, 1:43:13 PM5/22/20
Good to see a little bit of something about this company. The strangest thing is that I live in Winder Georgia not too far from Toccoa and all of my life I remember visiting my grandparents in Jacksonville Florida. She had this beautiful secretary desk that I think was the original Green. I think before Jacksonville Florida they lived in LaGrange Georgia. I have since inherited their furniture and there was a sticker on the back. It says the piece was made by Spartan Furniture Company a division of Trogdon furniture Company. It was shipped to another company Rhodes-Perdue furniture company in LaGrange and they bought it from there. Amazing after all these years it's made it almost all the way back to its original home. I wish I could post a picture. Thank you, Michael Bostic

Debbie L. Jackson

Feb 1, 2021, 11:16:34 PM2/1/21
On Friday, May 22, 2020 at 1:43:13 PM UTC-4, mikethepai...@gmail.com wrote:
> Good to see a little bit of something about this company. The strangest thing is that I live in Winder Georgia not too far from Toccoa and all of my life I remember visiting my grandparents in Jacksonville Florida. She had this beautiful secretary desk that I think was the original Green. I think before Jacksonville Florida they lived in LaGrange Georgia. I have since inherited their furniture and there was a sticker on the back. It says the piece was made by Spartan Furniture Company a division of Trogdon furniture Company. It was shipped to another company Rhodes-Perdue furniture company in LaGrange and they bought it from there. Amazing after all these years it's made it almost all the way back to its original home. I wish I could post a picture. Thank you, Michael Bostic
Hello my name is Debbie Jackson I have a 6 chair dinning room set and bottom half of China cabinet with six drawers and two side cabinet. Dinnette set is in good condition. Original seat padding with one captain chair. My contact number 678 643 7066. Please call me

Anita Poole

Aug 21, 2021, 10:55:59 PM8/21/21
My father worked for Trogdon Furniture from 1947 until it closed in 1985. He started out in the machine shop and worked his way up to Maintenance Supervisor. The company was started by Mr. Ray Trogdon (1901-1971) in the late 1920s. Upon his death, the company passed to his son, George Curtis Trogdon (1944-2015).