Welcome to alt.fan.pern (Semi-monthly posting) (Part 1 of 2)

Taki Kogoma

Jan 1, 1994, 2:06:54 AM1/1/94
Posted-By: auto-faq 2.4
Archive-name: pern-intro/part1
Last-Modified: 21 Dec 93

Version: 2.1

WELCOME TO ALT.FAN.PERN!

CONTENTS OF PART 1:
1. Introductory Material
1a. What is this group?
1b. Introduction to Pern
1c. Appropriate subject matter
1d. Common abbreviations
1e. Fan Fiction
2. Pern in Print
2a. Book List (McCaffrey-written)
2b. Suggested reading order
2c. Chronological order of books/stories
2d. 'References'

CONTENTS OF PART 2:
3. Frequently Asked Questions about Pern
3a. Pronunciation of various words/names
3b. Rider behaviour during Mating flights
3c. Queen dragons and firestone
3d. Where to dragons/firelizards deficate?
4. On-line Simluations of Pern
4a. Accessing Pern-type MU*s
4b. List of Pern-type MU*s
5. "Real Life" Fan Organizations

Note: Starting 1 November 1992, these articles are being cross-posted
to the news.answers and alt.answers newsgroups for extended expire times
and archival on rtfm.mit.edu:/pub/usenet/alt.fan.pern
or /pub/usenet-by-hierarchy/alt/fan/pern
or /pub/usenet/news.answers/pern-intro

To obtain these files (assumes UN*X environment with FTP capability):
---
%ftp rtfm.mit.edu
Connected to <etc.>
Name (rtfm.mit.edu:<foo>): [anonymous]
331 Guest login ok, send ident as password.
Password: [your e-mail address]
230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
ftp> [cd pub/usenet/alt.fan.pern
(or) pub/usenet-by-hierarchy/alt/fan/pern
(or) pub/usenet/news.answers/pern-intro]
250 CWD command successful.
ftp> [get Welcome_to_alt.fan.pern_(Semi-monthly_posting)_(Part_<X>_of_2).Z]

(Where <X> is the part number. If you have chosen the
pub/usenet/news.answers/pern-intro path, then just get part<X>.)

200 PORT command successful.
[Some stuff]
ftp> (get any other parts you may want)
ftp> quit
%
---
The files are UNIX-compressed but have no other encoding.

=-=-=-=
1. Introductory Material
===
1a. About this newsgroup.

This newsgroup is dedicated to discussion of the fictional world of
Pern as described in the various novels and short stories by Anne
McCaffrey. Related topics include Ms. McCaffrey's other works, and
several of the on-line 'virtual realities' depicting Pern (see below).
===
1b. Introduction to Pern

Pern is the third planet of the Rukbat system in the Sagittarius
sector. It is a Colony world which has lost contact with 'Mother
Earth' due to periodic attacks from an organism called 'thread' which
devours all organic material it comes into contact with. To counter
Thread, the Pernese - back when they still had the skills - modified
an indigenous life-form to create Dragons - so named for the mythical
beasts they resemble.
'Modern day' Pern has lost many of the skills originally brought
with the colonists and can probably be best described as a 'pre-
industrial' society. Toward the end of the series, some of the
original colonists' technology is rediscovered.
Alternatively, Pern is the home of Dragons, their riders, and
various other people as depicted in Anne McCaffrey's _Dragonriders of
Pern_ series and related books.
===
1c. Appropriate subject matter

As stated above, this group is primarily for the discussion of the
world of Pern. A major component of this discussion revolves around
the various multi-user programs that have been set up attempting to
simulate Pern. The most often-discussed is 'PernMUSH', although there
are several others in existance. Articles about PernMUSH or the other
Pern-related simulations should have 'PernMUSH' or 'MUSH' or something
similar in the subject line so that those who are not interested can filter
them out via KILLfile.
Note, however, that questions pertaining to the mechanics of MU*s
(seeking clients, code questions, etc.) are better asked in the
rec.games.mud.* heirarchy rather than here.
At times, the traffic about PernMUSH seems to dominate this
newsgroup. Generally, complaining about it is counterproductive and a
good way to spark a flame-war. If you, the reader, wish to discuss
something that is not presently being addressed in the group, by all
means start the discussion yourself.
===
1d. Common abbreviations

For those of you new to the net, there are quite a few
abbreviations in use here on Usenet that may be unfamiliar. Here is a
short list of the more frequently seen.

IMO "In My Opinion"
IMHO "In My Humble/Honest Opinion"
BTW "By The Way"
OTOH "On The Other Hand"
<g> A grin
;-), :-), :), etc. A 'smiley' face - look at it sideways. Used to
indicate humor and/or sarcasm.
ROTFL "Rolling On The Floor, Laughing". (There are
several variants on this.)

And now some specific to alt.fan.pern:

MU* Indicative of any of the family of MUD/MUSH/etc.
NC PernMUSH (Which covers the Northern Continent
during the 10th pass)
SC SouConMUSH (Which contains the complementary
Southern Continent for the same time period
as NC)
IC MU*-speak for 'In Character' - meaning behavior
that the MU* characters would engage in.
OOC MU*-speak for 'Out of Character' - Usually
applying to information/behavior that the
*player* of a MU* character knows/performs
that the character would not, logically, be
able to take advantage of.
DLG _The Dragonlover's Guide to Pern_ See 'Pern in
Print' below.)
D1, D2, D3 The three books comprising the _Dragonriders of
Pern_ trilogy. (_Dragonflight_, _Dragonquest_,
and _The White Dragons_ respectively)
H1, H2, H3 The three books comprising the _Harper Hall of
Pern_ trilogy. (_Dragonsong_, _Dragonsinger_,
and _Dragondrums_ respectively)

[The above two sets are my personal shorthand, but I'm not the
only one using them ;-) -Quirk]

AtWoP, ATWOP, etc. _All the Weyrs of Pern_
CoP _The Chroncicles of Pern: First Fall_
===
1e. Fan fiction

NOTE: The following applies to fan fiction posted to the net. I do
not have (nor do I desire) the authority to prevent any quasi/illegal
acts on this newsgroup. The following is presented for informational
purposes. You may heed or ignore as you wish, but I deny all
responsibility for any legal problems you may encounter.

(Also note that PernMUSH, SouConMUSH, Harpers' Tale MOO and DragonsFire
MOO have McCaffrey's blessing to exist. I am uncertain about the status
of the other MU*s.)

[Thanks to "Chris Croughton" <ch...@keris.demon.co.uk> for getting the
following.]
08-Oct-92 11:39 BST
Sb: InterNet Pern rules
Fm: Anne McCaffrey [CIS number deleted]

The rules are that my characters may be referred to but not used. BUT
there can be no adventure/stories set on Pern at all!!!!! That's
infringing on my copyright and can bear heavy penalities - particularly
right now when there's a film deal (yet another) which has bought and paid
for the right to use the material - which, I fear, e-mail users have not.

On CIS, I have asked people to limit Pern material to a discussion of
their persona and dragons, fire-lizards, etc., in a diarist form.
Fanzines have slightly more latitude as the zine is usually mailed only to
members so that's limited publication, and a due copyright notice is
included. As there is no such protection on electronic mail, we authors
have to be insistent on these safeguards.

I know this can be confusing since Paramount and Star Trek are handled
differently, but that's the point: they are, and have been. Individual
themes and characters of s-f/fantasy novels are not. And such
indiscriminate usage of our characters, worlds, and concepts on a *public*
media like electronic mail constitute copyright infringement AND, which
many fans disregard, is ACTIONABLE! Both the e-mail company AND the
person. My publishers are most insistent on that point! So it's to
safeguard the interested e-mail user that I make these very strong, and
perhaps unpalatable points.

[Chris' commentary:]
To repeat - it's *not* Anne who forbids this: it's her publishers - and
they are NOT required to tell her of any such actions which they may be
undertaking. The first she will probably know of it is when someone
tells her, having heard over the net...
[End commentary.]

=-=-=-=
2. Pern in Print

Since Pern is a fictional world, a complete listing of all related
books would probably be a good idea.
===
2a. Book list (written by McCaffrey)

[Date of 1st printing in parentheses. ISBNs are from the editions in my
personal library or obtained from copies in local bookstores. Publisher
is Del Rey Books unless otherwise noted.]

The _Dragonriders of Pern_ trilogy (Also available in a single
hardcover volume through the SF book club, and trade paperback in a few
bookstores).

_Dragonflight_ (July 1968. ISBN: 0-345-33546-5)
_Dragonquest_ (May 1971. ISBN: 0-345-33508-2)
_The White Dragon_ (June 1978. ISBN: 0-345-31336-4)

_The Dragonriders of Pern_ (Trade Paperback - ISBN: 0-345-34024-8)

The _Harper Hall of Pern_ trilogy (Available as a single hardbound
copy through the SF book club).

_Dragonsong_ (March 1976. Bantam Books - ISBN: 0-553-12044-1)
_Dragonsinger_ (February 1977. Bantam Books - ISBN: 0-533-11835-8)
_Dragondrums_ (March 1979. Bantam Books - ISBN: 0-553-20722-9)

Others:

_Moreta: Dragonlady of Pern_ (November 1983. ISBN: 0-345-29873-X)
_Nerilka's Story_ (March 1986. ISBN: 0-345-33949-5)
_Dragonsdawn_ (November 1988. ISBN: 0-345-36286-1)
_The Renegades of Pern_ (November 1990. ISBN: 0-345-36933-5)
_All the Weyrs of Pern_ (December 1991. ISBN: 0-345-36893-2)
_Rescue Run_ [1] (Science Fiction Book Club Hardcover)
_The Chronicles of Pern:
First Fall_ [2] (October 1993. *ISBN: 0-345-36898-3)
_The Dolphins' Bell_ [4] (Science Fiction Book Club Hardcover)

[* ISBN is for Hardcover edition.]

[1] Originally published in _Analog_ (Aug. 1991)

[2] Contains short stories: "Survey: P.E.R.N."[3], "The Dolphins' Bell",
"The Ford of Red Hanrahan", "The Second Weyr", and "Rescue Run" (ibid
[1] above).

[3] Previously published as "The P.E.R.N. Survey" in _Amazing Stories_
(Sep. 1993).

[4] Included in [2] ibid.

Additionally, there is a short story and a limited-release novella.

"The Smallest Dragonboy" (Pub 1973, found in _Get off the Unicorn_)
_The Girl Who Heard Dragons_ (1985 - 100 signed copies published.)

Rumors are that _The Girl Who Heard Dragons_ will be republished
sometime in 1994, perhaps in combination with new fiction.

Finally, the _Dragonlover's Guide to Pern_ (see below) contains a
short story, "The Impression" depcting F'lessan's impression of
Golanth from a first-person POV.

It should also be noted that this all started with the Hugo-winning
novella: "Weyr Search" published in October 1967 in _Analog_. This
story now forms the first quarter of _Dragonflight_.
===
2b. Suggested reading order for newcommers.

Ms. McCaffrey suggests that the books be read in order of publication
(i.e. start with _Dragonflight_ and go in published order).
Alternatively, she suggests starting with _Dragonsong_ as a 'gentler'
introduction, completing the Harper Hall trilogy, and then going back
to _Dragonflight_, _Dragonquest_, et. al.
===
2c. Chronological order of books/stories

This is kinda tricky, as some books depict the same events from
different points of view. Here's what the concensus seems to be:

[Thanks to jsb...@acs.ucalgary.ca (Joshua Sean Bell) for concocting
the original version of the following. Additions by the editor.]

+-------------------+ Backwards
| "Survey: P.E.R.N. | ^
+-------------------+ |
+--------------+ Time
| Dragonsdawn +----------------------+ |
+--------------+ "The Dolphins' Bell" | v
+----------------------+ Forwards
+----------------------------+
| "The Ford of Red Hanrahan" |
+----------------------------+
+-------------------+
| "The Second Weyr" |
+-------------------+

+--------------+
| "Rescue Run" |
+--------------+

+--------+-----------------+
| Moreta | Nerilka's Story |
+--------+-----------------+
+-----------+
+--------------+ | |
+--------------+ | | | "The Smallest |
| | +--------------+ | | | Dragonboy" |
+--------------+ +--------------+ | of | | "The Girl Who |
+--------------+ | Pern | | Heard Dragons" |
| Dragondrums | | | +----------------+
+--------------+ | |
+------------------+ | |
| The White Dragon | | |
+------------------+ | |
+-----------+-----------+
| |
| All the Weyrs of Pern |
| |
+-----------------------+

===
2d. References.

Several Pern-related "Reference Books" have been published. The most
frequently mentioned on this newsgroup are:

_The Atlas of Pern_ by Karen Fonstead
(Out of print, but still available if you look around for it. The
Science Fiction Book Club apparently still has copies in stock.)

_The People of Pern_ with sketches/paintings by Robin Wood,
text by McCaffrey.
[1988, Donning Publishing. ISBN: 0-89865-635-4 hardcover
0-89865-751-2 softcover
Recently reported to be out of print. Copies available from
The Science Fiction Book Club.]
(Actually, more of a 'photo album' for the major characters.)

[Additional note from: "Stephanie M. Clarkson-Aines"
<thes...@access.digex.net>]
Robin also sells beautiful prints of many of the pictures in the book (I have
Menolly and Sebell in my bedroom :), for $30 US. Prints are signed by Robin
and run in editions of 250.

Robin's address is: Robin Wood
15529 Longmeadow
Dearborn, MI 48120
(313) 441-3704

_The Dragonlover's Guide to Pern*_ by Jody Lyn Nye with Anne McCaffrey
[November 1989. ISBN: 0-345-35424-9 (Hardcover)]
(Considered by many to be *the* reference work on Pern...aside from the
books themselves.)

[* Frequently abbreviated as 'DLG'.]
--
Capt. Gym Z. Quirk - kog...@unm.edu | "I'll get a life when someone
(Known to some as Taki Kogoma) | demonstrates that it would be

Taki Kogoma

Jan 1, 1994, 2:07:00 AM1/1/94
Posted-By: auto-faq 2.4
Archive-name: pern-intro/part2
Last-Modified: 18 Dec 93

Version: 2.1

WELCOME TO ALT.FAN.PERN! (Part II.)

CONTENTS OF PART 1:
1. Introductory Material
1a. What is this group?
1b. Introduction to Pern
1c. Appropriate subject matter
1d. Common abbreviations
1e. Fan Fiction
2. Pern in Print
2a. Book List (McCaffrey-written)
2b. Suggested reading order
2c. Chronological order of books/stories
2d. 'References'

CONTENTS OF PART 2:
3. Frequently Asked Questions about Pern
3a. Pronunciation of various words/names

3b. Rider behavior during Mating flights

3c. Queen dragons and firestone

3d. Where do dragons/firelizards deficate?

=-=-=-=

3. Frequently Asked Questions about Pern

From time to time, the same questions come up as new people
discover this newsgroup and pose the questions that have cropped up
during their reading of the series. [I expect this section to grow
considerably as time passes. Suggestions - and more importantly,
documented answers - are welcome. -Quirk]
===
3a. Pronunciation of various words/names.

[ This pronunciation guide is based on the audiotape of Anne McCaffrey
reading an abridged version of _All the Weyrs of Pern_ and the
editor's hearing/pronuncation prejudices. ;-) ]

First off, let's get the big one out of the way: ;-)

weyr - WEER [This is hinted at in _Dragonflight_ where it
is implied that 'Weyr' rhymes with 'adhere'.]

Others of mild interest

wher - (A cross between 'where' and 'whir')
Piemur - PIEmur [Yes, first syllable is pronounced like that
filled pastry thing.]
Sebell - SEEbell
Groghe - GROWgee [hard (e.g. Golf) g's in both cases.]
F'lar - FLAHR [No glottal stop that I could detect.]
Ruth - ROOTH [Y'know...like the 20's baseball player? ;-) ]

[There are, of course, more names on that tape, I'll add more names
on request.]
===
3b. Rider behavior during Mating Flights.

The behavior of the riders of mating dragons (and to a lesser
extent firelizard 'owners') has generated considerable controversy in
this newsgroup in the past. During one particularly vehment flamewar
sparked by the topic, someone queried the Dragonlady, Anne McCaffrey,
herself:

---[begin included text]---
From: s...@netcom.com (Sharon Fisher)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 92 18:26:59 GMT

Presumably this will settle the issue?

---
Date: 23-Sep-92 02:07 PDT
From: Anne McCaffrey
Subj: Pern question
Well, now, it's like this...when the dragons mate, their riders are so
consumed with their dragons' passions, that there's really only one way to
vent it: enjoying the sexual act themselves. The double whammy is
something incredible. Since most green riders are male, and most blue,
brown and bronze riders are also male, the obvious need not be stated.
However, it is permissible within the Weyrs for the less-enthusiastic
about this pairing having an alternate of the opposite sex available. The
green rider will also have someone of his preference available so that the
double charge is not lost...if you don't mind me being a tad bawdy.
Actually, many of the Candidates are weyrbred and accustomed to such
demands and think little of it. It's the main bone of contention between
the hidebound Halls and Holds and the the Weyrs for the Halls and HOlds
don't really `like' such innovations. Still, the rider is always
compelled by concern for his dragon and THAT consideration makes the
difference in such a sexual situation. And it is ALSO an incredible
experience, one to be treasured.
And yes, there could be more female riders of green dragons to relieve
that dilemma but after the early Plagues, women were needed more as
mothers to increase the population (something men still haven't been able
to do on their own <G>) and flying constantly between is how to abort on
Pern. (Queen dragons are not always as horny as the greens and as they
are low-level Thread fighters, their pregnant riders could generally
manage without constantly going *between* in the performance of their
duties.) Anyway, I thought homos deserved a place in the elite social
structure on Pern.
---
Does that answer the question completely? Or do you need <g> diagrams?
---[end included text]---

Some people feel that Ms. McCaffrey wimped out in this
declaration, but still, this is the best answer we have.
===
3c) Firestone and Queen Dragons

It is stated about 1/3rd through _Dragonflight_ that Queen dragons do
not chew firestone because it would render them sterile. (To support
this contention, the example of the overly amorous green dragons and
their lack of egg-laying activity was brought up.) This idea is
reinforced throughout the later books - Except for _Dragonsdawn_ where
it is implied that queen dragons had been designed by Kitti Ping Yung
to be incapable of chewing stone. This could also lead one to
conclude that green dragons had been engineered to be infertile.

A popular theory (although certainly not the majority opinion) is
that the 'firestone -> sterility' theory had formed over the turns to
explain green infertility. Since no goldrider in her right mind woulD
risk her queen to test this theory, it is self-consistent.

3d) Where do dragons/firelizards deficate?

In a mostly joking respose to this question at a convention in the
distant past, Ms. McCaffrey stated that 'Dragons go *between*.' (i.e.
take care of bodily functions while transiting *between*.) Although
this has been perpetuated throughout fandom and has even found its way
into the _Dragonlovers Guide to Pern_, it is still regarded by many as
just a joke, since it blatantly violates the laws of Conservation of
Mass/Energy. (Of course, much in the Pern universe doesn't hold up to
scientific scrutiny. ;-)

=-=-=-=
4. On-line Simulations of Pern

Some people have gone to the extent of attempting to duplicate Pern
with a multi-user program designed to allow people to assume the roles
of dragonriders, harpers, holders, etc. While the most frequently discussed
is PernMUSH (See the 'What is PernMUSH?' Mimi-FAQ' for more details),
it is by no means the only one.
Just about all of the on-line Pern simulations are based on
derivatives of a program called 'TinyMUD'. These programs (TinyMUSH,
TinyMUSE, etc.) are collectively referred to as MU*s.

[Note to readers in Australia: My understanding is that the authorities
there have banned overseas MU*ing for the forseeable future.]
===
4a. Accessing Pern-type MU*s

The quick way of doing it is to use the 'telnet' program to connect
to the appropriate machine specifying the port listed - e.g. 'telnet
<machine> <port>' for most Unix systems. If the name doesn't work,
try the numeric address. For more info, look at the rec.games.mud.*
newsgroups. (rec.games.mud.tiny and rec.games.mud.misc primarily.)
===

4b. List of Pern-type MU*s

NOTE: This information is accurate so far as the author is aware. If
there is a change, it won't be reflected here unless I'm informed of
it.

Pern-themed MUSHs:
PernMUSH (cesium.clock.org or 130.43.2.43) port 4201
SouConMUSH (In limbo pending location of a new site)

[These two are set during start of the 10th pass and are
considered in parallel.]

DragonsDawnMUSH (elof.iit.edu or 192.41.245.90) port 2508

[Set during the start of the second pass.]

ShardsMUSH (vesta.unm.edu or 129.24.14.68) port 7777

[Set prior to the 7th pass.]

MUSHs with Pern areas:
TinyTIM (wiretap.spies.com or 130.43.3.3) port 5440
TinyCWRU (caisr2.caisr.cwru.edu or 129.22.24.22) port 4201

MUSE with Pern area:
TimeMUSE (murren.ai.mit.edu or 18.43.0.179) port 4201

Pern-themed MOO
Harper's Tale (netman.widener.edu or 147.31.1.51) port 8888.

[Set about 20 turns prior to the 10th pass; no-AIVAS timeline.]

DragonsFireMOO (eskinews.eskimo.com or 162.148.13.44) port 7777

[Set before the 11th pass.]

=-=-=-=

5. "Real Life" Fan Organizations

There is an email list for discussion of Pernese craft issues.

To subscribe to this mail list, send email to
perncrft...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu. Just include your email
address in
the body.

[ Note: I am not a member of any of the below, so I have no idea as to
activities/policy/quality. The information has been rendered
verbatum from individuals submitting it. No attempt has been made to
verify any of it. ]

[ Also, many thanks to jsb...@acs.ucalgary.ca (Joshua Sean Bell) for
sending me the following. In addition, thanks to ch...@keris.demon.co.uk
(Chris Croughton) for providing the the CompuServe addresses listed.]

From: Bob Snyder, rsn...@atl.dnet.ge.com

Pern Fandom Organizations

This is a listing of all known Pern fandom groups which publish
newsletters or fanzines, current as of July 1991. Weyrs are listed
first; alphebetically and in order of when they are in Pern's
timeline. Since dues are subject to change, I did not include the cost
of membership. Location on Pern and contact person's persona are in
parenthesis. Please include a SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope)
with any inquiry.

[Updates & aditions courtesy of:
Greg McElhatton <STU_GL...@vax1.acs.jmu.edu>
Shirley Hagstrom <jaz...@netcom.com> ]

Fandom Weyrs

Early Ninth Pass
Rocky Weyr (Southern Continent)
Liz Patton
12801 Roydon #703
Houston, TX 77034
Publication: The Rocky Review

Late Ninth Pass

Cambray Weyr (Southern) Fort Weyr (Northern)
Weyrwoman Randella, gold Corinth Weyrwoman Jana, gold Kanarith
Steve Herrick (Wingsecond T'ran) Andi Bennett-Banks (Drgnhealer Deleyan)
6681 Highland Greens Dr. #203-F P.O. Box 850717
West Chester, OH 45069 Westland, MI 48185-0717
Publication: Harper Beat

High Reaches (Northern) Ista Weyr (Northern)
Weyrwoman Gessika, gold Elyseth Weyrwoman Merelan, gold Lyrath
Laurie McCurry (Weyrwoman Gessika) Marilyn Alm (Weyrwoman Merelan)
2903 N. Perkins Rd. C-108 2911 Eton Street
Stillwater, OK 74045 New Orleans, LA 70131-3805
Publication: Seven Spindles CIS: Marilyn Alm [73200,3004]

---
[ I have received a note from Judith Tabron (tab...@binah.cc.brandeis.edu)
about a fanzine generated by the 9th pass Ista Weyr organization: _Weyr Words_

For more information, snail-mail:

Judith Tabron / Holly Hutchison
4 Walnut St. 3-R
Waltham, MA 02154
(Subscriptions, questions, requests for more info)

or e-mail the above address.

Prices listed were U$15.00 for 4 issues (1 year), or U$3.75 for a
trial issue.

Also mentioned was the fact that they were looking for submissions of
fan fiction and/or artwork.

The compiler of this article has no connection to the above, and
includes this information by request.]
---

Segel Weyr (Far Eastern Continent)
Weyrwoman Kendori
Chantal Whittington
4810 O'Meara
Houston, TX 77035

No Lessa 9 Timeline

Southern 9 (Southern Continent)
Weyrwoman Dansela, gold Trilleath
Tamlyn Scott (Weyrwoman 2nd Casi)
P.O. Box 29429
Los Angeles, CA 90029-0429
Publication: Southern Comfort
GEnie: TAMLYN (Tamlyn Scott / Weyrwoman 2nd Casi)

Tenth Pass

Argon of Cantee (Cantee) Crescent Weyr (Southern Continent)
Weyrwoman Shelana, silver Tellath Weyrwoman Alianora, gold Teleuteth
Pat Munson-Siter (Weyrwoman Shelana) Greg McElhatton (Weyrwoman Alianora)
15 S. 5th St. 9810 Vale Rd.
Del Haven, NJ 08251-3404 Vienna, VA 22181
Publication: DragonWings Publication: Crescendo
GEnie: R.STUKEY (Randall Stukey e-mail: stu_gl...@vax1.acs.jmu.edu
/Wingleader S'lon) GEnie: DRIZZAN (Greg McElhatton
/Weyrwoman Alianora)

Crystal Weyr (Southern) ForTen (Northern; Fort Weyr)
Weyrwoman Kirylyn, gold Kith Weyrwoman Liarra, gold Glowenth
Kirylyn Dreamer (Weyrwoman Kirylyn) Kris Spooner (Weyrwoman 2nd Lysera)
1160 N.E. 176th St. 412 Summit Ave. #20
North Miami Beach, FL 33162 Arlington, TX 76013
Publication: Dragon Gems Publication: Fort Drums
CIS: Kirylyn Dreamer [73507,2562] GEnie: LYSERA (Kris Spooner
GEnie: K.DREAMER (Kirylyn Dreamer /Weyrwoman 2nd Lysera)
/Weyrwoman Kirylyn)

Haven Weyr (Southern) High Reaches 10 (Northern)
Weyrwoman Celina, gold Candith Weyrwoman Niniane, gold Danuth
Debbie Bryan (Weyrwoman Celina) Heather Moore (Weyrwoman Niniane)
1619 Eufaula Hgts. 3428 Lariat Lane, Apt. 56
Longview, WA 98632 Orlando, FL 32826
Publication: Haven Only Knows Publication: Northern Lights
GEnie: R.GORDON33 (Ted Gordon GEnie: NINIANE (Heather Moore
/Weyrleader G'rick) /Weyrwoman Niniane)>

Ista-Ten (Northern) Janus Weyr (Southern)
Weyrwoman Nimaleah, gold Cameleont Weyrleader L'dan, bronze Cirth
Dale Staley (Weyrleader L'dan) Tinker Strother (Wingsecond Gemma)
712 Bancroft Road #17 Rt. 3, Box 190
Walnut Creek, CA 94598 Fairfield, TX 75840-9800
Publication: Ista Impressions Publication: Ni Var Chronicles
CIS: Dale Staley [71600,1263] CIS: Tashana [76506,2450]

Northwind Weyr (Far Eastern Continent) Sable Weyr (Southern)
Weyrwoman Elyssa, gold Edaygith Weyrwoman Navira, gold Lirinith
Jennifer Gower (Weyrwoman Elyssa) Sandra Swindle Cook (Weyrleader K'tarr)
205-A Richards 602 Morgan Road
College Station, TX 77840 Trussville, AL 35173
Publication: Where the NorthWind Blows Publication: Flights of Fancy
GEnie: ELYSSA (Jennifer Gower GEnie: S.COOK11 (Sandra Swindle Cook
/Weyrwoman Elyssa) /Weyrleader K'tarr)

Southern Weyr (Southern) StarRise Weyr (Eastern Ring Islands)
Weyrwoman Lerai, gold Zanolith Weyrwoman Ashleen, gold Lynneth
Dina Grozev (Weyrwoman Lerai) W. David Mackenzie
144 S. Linden P.O. Box 1741
Palatine, IL 60067 Norfolk, VA 23501
Publication: The Weyrhold Publication: Out of the Blue
GEnie: SF-2000 (April Masters
/Weyrleader J'ren)

Talkon Weyr (Far Eastern Continent) Visia Weyr (Far Eastern Continent)
Weyrwoman Ynora, gold Novath Weyrwoman Maeve, gold Dargenth
James Smith Robin Watson Moon (Weyrwoman Maeve)
603 S. Blackburn 502 SW Parkway #608
Brady, TX 76825-5606 College Station, TX 77840
Publication: The Forge Pulication: Visia Vision

Telgar Timeline

Telgar 10 (Northern Continent)
Weyrwoman Devera, gold Asfaloth
Deborah Fredericks (Weyrwoman Deveera)
4403 N. Monroe
Spokane, WA 99205-1263
Publication: The Telgar Times

AIVAS-10 Timeline

Fort A10 (Northern Continent) Western Weyr (Far West/Northern Islands)
Weyrwoman Kanithia, gold Cynth Weyrwoman Jazmyn, gold Crystath
Randall Stukey (Weyrleader D'var) Jazmyn (Weyrwoman Jazmyn)
4122 Tallulah 13412 Gilbert St.
San Antonio, TX 78218-3452 Garden Grove, CA 92644
GEnie: R.STUKEY (Randall Stukey email: jaz...@netcom.com
/Weyrleader D'var)

Other Pern Clubs

Caravan Fatis (10th Pass-Northern) Gar Hold/Darriel Council (Northern)
High Reaches and Fort Territories 9th Pass Ista Territory/Darkover
Heather Moore (Wagonsmaster Jason Fatis) Victoria A. Smith
3428 Lariat Lane, Apt. #56 12627 Harbor Drive
Orlando, FL 32826 Woodbridge, VA 22192

Healercraft Hall 9 & 10 (Northern & Southern) Pern Jockey Club (10th Pass)
Healermaster Jillian For Runnerbeast Racing Fans
Scotty Matthews (Master Jillian) Debbie Bryan
310 Barnett Shoals Rd. #20 1619 Eufaula Hgts.
Athens, GA 30605 Longview, WA 98632
[Reportedly GEnie only]