OmniMix 2.5.1, 2.6.0 crashes

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Oct 8, 2021, 6:36:38 PM10/8/21

I believe I have been able to repeat the cause of the crashes.

If OmniMix is running maximized in a window, "Show OmniMix
Window", AND if there is a Windows File Explorer session open to
a folder with a LOT of file add / delete activity from any
unrelated automated process (FTP u/l - d/l), OmniMix may crash
after several days.

If the Windows File Explorer is running, does not have the
folder with the activity in it open, OmniMix maximized seemed to
be okay past the 3-4 day mark.

Alternately, if the Windows File Explorer is running, does not
have the folder with the activity in it open, OmniMix minimized
to the taskbar seems to be okay past the 3-4 days mark.

I usually run OmniMix maximized for an occasional peek at the
log window. I have a v3 onion server running on it. Generally
works well.

Anonymous

Oct 9, 2021, 6:45:55 AM10/9/21
"Anonymous Remailer (austria)" <mixm...@remailer.privacy.at>
wrote:

>I believe I have been able to repeat the cause of the crashes.
>
>If OmniMix is running maximized in a window, "Show OmniMix
>Window", AND if there is a Windows File Explorer session open to
>a folder with a LOT of file add / delete activity from any
>unrelated automated process (FTP u/l - d/l), OmniMix may crash
>after several days.

Here OM crashes without warning when the system is getting low on
memory. So does your FTP task leak RAM? Is available memory
running short throughout those days? What does the task manager
tell you about memory consumption of your tasks?

Or run OM within its IDE in debug mode to figure out where it
crashes.

>If the Windows File Explorer is running, does not have the
>folder with the activity in it open, OmniMix maximized seemed to
>be okay past the 3-4 day mark.
>
>Alternately, if the Windows File Explorer is running, does not
>have the folder with the activity in it open, OmniMix minimized
>to the taskbar seems to be okay past the 3-4 days mark.
>
>I usually run OmniMix maximized for an occasional peek at the
>log window. I have a v3 onion server running on it. Generally
>works well.

Have you tried v2.6.2 with "heap and stack size increased from
256 kB to 1 MB each" (MID <20211008.205...@mixmin.net>)?

Best of luck!