Which of These is Shoujo 2

Galen Musbach

Oct 24, 2002, 8:22:52 PM10/24/02
And what about "Touch"?
Is that shoujo?

-Galen

Galen Musbach

Oct 24, 2002, 8:28:27 PM10/24/02
Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar is considered shounen?
Why?

-Galen

Galen Musbach

Oct 24, 2002, 8:18:32 PM10/24/02
Legend of Himiko

Idol Project

Space Pirate Mito 1: Call Me Mom!

Magic Circle Guru-Guru

-Galen

Anthony D. Baranyi

Oct 24, 2002, 9:21:46 PM10/24/02

"Galen Musbach" <musb...@xtn.net> wrote in message

> Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar is considered shounen?
> Why?

It's from a shounen manga - Dengeki Comics, IIRC - the same folks who
brought us "Pita-ten", "Happy Lesson" and other "cute girl" series

Dave Baranyi

> -Galen

Anthony D. Baranyi

Oct 24, 2002, 9:20:22 PM10/24/02

> And what about "Touch"?
> Is that shoujo?

sports anime - but I'm not sure that it didn't start in a shoujo manga

Dave Baranyi

> -Galen

Anthony D. Baranyi

Oct 24, 2002, 9:19:45 PM10/24/02

> Legend of Himiko

I think this was an OAV - it doesn't "feel" very shoujo, just very "80's"

Dave Baranyi

James Sternberg

Oct 24, 2002, 10:31:12 PM10/24/02
"Galen Musbach" <musb...@xtn.net> wrote in message

> And what about "Touch"?
> Is that shoujo?

Nope. It ran in Shounen Sunday, as did Adachi's H2.

James

James Sternberg

Oct 24, 2002, 10:40:56 PM10/24/02
"Galen Musbach" <musb...@xtn.net> wrote in message

> Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar is considered shounen?
> Why?

Its kind of hard to tell, but my general rule of thumb is that if the show
is about cute girls doing cute things, it is made for guys. Shows in this
category include Sugar, DigiCharat, and Kokoro Toshokan. Even though shoujo
anime and manga tends to focus on the female characters, they tend to have
more emotional drama than the "cute girl" shows. Of course, lately there
have been a lot of both shoujo and shounen shows which are hard to tell the
difference.

James

Alicia S.

Oct 25, 2002, 6:51:12 PM10/25/02
"Anthony D. Baranyi" <abar...@rogers.com> wrote in message

I don't like Pita-ten. I don't like Digi-Charat. Does that mean I wouldn't
like Sugar?

I do love fairies.

Alicia

Anthony D. Baranyi

Oct 25, 2002, 9:01:26 PM10/25/02

"Alicia S." <cybersat...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Sugar is very different from Pita-ten or Digi-Charat. It's a very leisurely,
wistful sort of series. And the fairies are cute in a more "traditional"
sense, rather than being "cute girls" for the typical shounen "cute girls"
show. So you might like Sugar.

Dave Baranyi

> Alicia

James Sternberg

Oct 26, 2002, 8:34:28 AM10/26/02
"Alicia S." <cybersat...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> I don't like Pita-ten. I don't like Digi-Charat. Does that mean I
wouldn't
> like Sugar?

That depends on what you don't like about them. If its the pace and the
general craziness of the series, then you might like it. Sugar is much more
leisurely. Its one of the slower cute girl shows like Kokoro Toshokan. On
the other hand, if what you don't like is that they are not packed with
bishonen characters, you probably won't like Sugar either.

> I do love fairies.

It definitely has a lot of fairies!

James

Andrew Hollingbury

Oct 26, 2002, 4:48:02 PM10/26/02

"Galen Musbach" <musb...@xtn.net> wrote in message
> Legend of Himiko

Shounen - a harem of cute girls with improbable bust sizes (Himiko should
fall over). It's a TV series of 13 eps, based on a fan-servicey strategy
RPG game for the Playstation.

> Idol Project

Probably shounen with a name like that. I think it's about aspiring idol
singers but not in a Full Moon way.

> Space Pirate Mito 1: Call Me Mom!

Weird, messed up space adventure thing that's likely to be shounen.

> Magic Circle Guru-Guru

Kid's comedy show which spoofs RPGs. Probably more shounen than anything,
as most "kiddie" shows are - is Pokemon shounen?

Alicia S.

Oct 27, 2002, 2:55:57 PM10/27/02
"James Sternberg" <jste...@gyopichan.net> wrote in message

> "Alicia S." <cybersat...@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
> > I don't like Pita-ten. I don't like Digi-Charat. Does that mean I
> wouldn't
> > like Sugar?
>
> That depends on what you don't like about them. If its the pace and the
> general craziness of the series, then you might like it. Sugar is much
more
> leisurely. Its one of the slower cute girl shows like Kokoro Toshokan.
On
> the other hand, if what you don't like is that they are not packed with
> bishonen characters, you probably won't like Sugar either.

The thing was I didn't think the characters were cute, and the shows kind of
depended on their cuteness since the plot wasn't doing much. What was
happening on screen just didn't seem interesting.

> > I do love fairies.
>
> It definitely has a lot of fairies!

Yay!

Alicia

Alicia S.

Oct 27, 2002, 2:57:38 PM10/27/02
"Anthony D. Baranyi" <abar...@rogers.com> wrote in message

Yeah, I might like it then. I'll see if I can get a look at it sometime,
thanks!

Alicia