[A-F]_Terrestrial_Defence_Force_Mao-Chan_-_01.avi

Galen Musbach

Jul 20, 2002, 7:17:30 PM7/20/02
This looks shoujo to me.

It's the story of 3 ordinary 8 year old girls
chosen to defend Japan against the Cute Aliens.
They have band uniforms and batons.

There is also a teenage catgirl, and a Naru Narusegawa
look-alike, and an old guy with a cape.

-Galen

D B Malmquist

Jul 22, 2002, 5:21:08 AM7/22/02

Galen Musbach wrote:

> This looks shoujo to me.

Who can tell these days? Apparently it runs in "Shukan Shonen Magazine":

http://www.shonenmagazine.com/

Diving down into the site, if Babelfish can be trusted, it appears Ken
Akamatsu is the manga author. The submarine girl does look a little
Shinobu-esque.

A while ago James Sternberg wrote here something like "If it's about
cute girls doing cute things, it's probably for guys". That rule seems
to hold up pretty well in the face of of recent stylistic overlaps ("Sugar",
"12 Kokuki")

- dbm

Galen Musbach

Jul 22, 2002, 10:12:33 AM7/22/02
On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 05:21:08 -0400, D B Malmquist
<d.b.ma...@com.swap-com-and-rcn.rcn> wrote:

>Galen Musbach wrote:
>>
>> This looks shoujo to me.
>
>Who can tell these days? Apparently it runs in "Shukan Shonen Magazine":
>
> http://www.shonenmagazine.com/
>
>Diving down into the site, if Babelfish can be trusted, it appears Ken
>Akamatsu is the manga author. The submarine girl does look a little
>Shinobu-esque.

That would explain the Naru look-alike.
Ah, well.

-Galen

Aki-chan

Sep 12, 2002, 2:15:22 AM9/12/02
I got a thing with sketches in one of my new magazines. I can't remember
which ones. I may just use someones scanner to scan the images. They are
like character sketches and what not.

Akihikio

"D B Malmquist" <d.b.ma...@com.swap-com-and-rcn.rcn> wrote in message