I Love dolphins - for dinner!

Geir Hongro

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!

Intelligent food for intelligent people!

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
Stardate 15 Mar 1996 22:15:53 GMT, Geir Hongro wrote in no.alt.flame:
:> Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!

:> Intelligent food for intelligent people!

AA, min munn er full av vann..

--
###### # ## ## ## # # #
## ## ## # ## ## ##

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Mar 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/16/96
Stardate 16 Mar 1996 04:26:16 GMT, Tonny Mortensen wrote in no.alt.flame:
:> Geir Hongro (hon...@www.uio.no) wrote:
:> > Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!

:> > Intelligent food for intelligent people!

:> Jo, den var da virkelig original maa jeg si.
:> Jaevla sau. *BAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

Slutt aa hisse opp Glenn!!!

leneso

Mar 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/16/96
Naa maa dere slutte aa skrive paa norsk,dette er jo ikke en norsk
newsgroup!!!!

Glenn W. Olsen

Mar 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/16/96
paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran) wrote:

>Stardate 16 Mar 1996 04:26:16 GMT, Tonny Mortensen wrote in no.alt.flame:
>:> Geir Hongro (hon...@www.uio.no) wrote:
>:> > Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!

>:> > Intelligent food for intelligent people!

>:> Jo, den var da virkelig original maa jeg si.
>:> Jaevla sau. *BAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

>Slutt aa hisse opp Glenn!!!

For sent (og nå skal jeg ut på byen, takk Tonny).

--
Hjem: gle...@sn.no Jobben: g...@tgkontor.tollpost.no
Motorsport:URL=http//:www.sn.no/~glennwo/nmst/ DoD#1885

Tonny Mortensen

Mar 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/16/96
Geir Hongro (hon...@www.uio.no) wrote:
> Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!

> Intelligent food for intelligent people!

Jo, den var da virkelig original maa jeg si.
Jaevla sau. *BAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

Tonny

--
~Pixies~Sebadoh~Pavement~Nirvana~Polvo~JimiHendrix~
~BettieServeert~MadderRose~BestKissersInTheWorld~

Peter da Silva

Mar 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/16/96
In article <4icq6p$h...@nms.telepost.no>,

Geir Hongro <hon...@www.uio.no> wrote:
>Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!

>Intelligent food for intelligent people!

And the few intelligent Norwegians who post to alt.animals.dolphins wonder
why we tend to have a knee-jerk reaction to any site that ends in .no ...

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Mar 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/17/96
Stardate 16 Mar 1996 16:37:23 -0600, Peter da Silva wrote in no.alt.flame:
:> In article <4icq6p$h...@nms.telepost.no>,

Hey! We're not the assholes who kill all the flippers! Don't even DARE
blame us for that one!

Glenn W. Olsen

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96
rtu...@clark.net (Psyberdude) wrote:

>In article <4icq6p$h...@nms.telepost.no>, hon...@www.uio.no says...

>>Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!
>>
>>Intelligent food for intelligent people!
>>

>> Intelligent food for idiots, you must mean!

Intelligent food for idiot quoters, I mean!

Peter da Silva

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96
In article <4ih8sc$6...@news.uit.no>,

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran <paa...@stud.cs.uit.no> wrote:
>Stardate 16 Mar 1996 16:37:23 -0600, Peter da Silva wrote in no.alt.flame:
>:> In article <4icq6p$h...@nms.telepost.no>,
>:> Geir Hongro <hon...@www.uio.no> wrote:
>:> >Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!

>:> >Intelligent food for intelligent people!
>:> And the few intelligent Norwegians who post to alt.animals.dolphins wonder
>:> why we tend to have a knee-jerk reaction to any site that ends in .no ...
>
>Hey! We're not the assholes who kill all the flippers! Don't even DARE
>blame us for that one!

I thought I was being reasonably clear in my message.

Periodically we get a whole series of messages like this from Norway, from
people like that chap Geir Hongro, trolling for flames.

Therefore there's a tendency in this group (alt.animals.dolphins) to view
addresses in "*.no" with the same alarm that Britons of old would have to
the sight of a Viking longship's sail.

If you have a problem with that, then I recommend that you politely discourage
your countrymen from reinforcing this unfortunate stereotype.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

There's no need to direct followups back to this group. Unfortunately, we've
heard it all before.

In fact, that's rather the point.

Orca

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96
Geir Hongro (hon...@www.uio.no) wrote:
: Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!

: Intelligent food for intelligent people!

Finally admitting that they *are* intelligent.... amazing..

have a nice day anyway.

--
---
\|/ \|/

Jan Tore Evensen

Mar 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/18/96
Geir Hongro <hon...@www.uio.no> wrote:
>Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!
>
>Intelligent food for intelligent people!

Mulig. Men smaken er ikke noe særlig, synes da jeg.

Jan Tore

Sia Hwee Lay

Mar 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/19/96
Geir Hongro <hon...@www.uio.no> wrote:
>Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!
>
>Intelligent food for intelligent people!
How can anybody eat dolphins?? Don't you know that they are endangered and
vital to the ocean ecosystem??

Tjark Verhoeven

Mar 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/19/96

On Mon, 18 Mar 1996, Glenn W. Olsen wrote:

> rtu...@clark.net (Psyberdude) wrote:
>
> >In article <4icq6p$h...@nms.telepost.no>, hon...@www.uio.no says...
> >>

> >>Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!
> >>
> >>Intelligent food for intelligent people!
> >>

> >> Intelligent food for idiots, you must mean!
>
> Intelligent food for idiot quoters, I mean!
>
> --
> Hjem: gle...@sn.no Jobben: g...@tgkontor.tollpost.no
> Motorsport:URL=http//:www.sn.no/~glennwo/nmst/ DoD#1885

I love to eat Dolphins with LOTS of Ketchup! They realy Slide down your
throat!

Tjark Verhoeven

Mail: tja...@sci.kun.nl
http://www.lands.let.kun.nl/InTenS
Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol

Knute

Mar 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/19/96
leneso <len...@nando.net> wrote:

>Naa maa dere slutte aa skrive paa norsk,dette er jo ikke en norsk
>newsgroup!!!!

>On 16 Mar 1996, Paal Ditlefsen Ekran wrote:

>> Stardate 16 Mar 1996 04:26:16 GMT, Tonny Mortensen wrote in no.alt.flame:
>> :> Geir Hongro (hon...@www.uio.no) wrote:

>> :> > Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!

>> :> > Intelligent food for intelligent people!
>>

>> :> Jo, den var da virkelig original maa jeg si.
>> :> Jaevla sau. *BAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*
>>

>> Slutt aa hisse opp Glenn!!!

Saa sier du at vi ikke skulle skriver paa norsk. OK. Jeg prover aa
skriver paa sanskritisk, men det gaar ikke med keyboarden min.
Vi skulle snakke lite gran paa hval... Naar jeg var i Norge spiste
jeg torsk, elg og reins, men ikke noe hvalkjott. Smekte det slik som
biff, eller...?

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96
Stardate Mon, 18 Mar 1996 20:17:03 GMT, Orca wrote in no.alt.flame:
:> Geir Hongro (hon...@www.uio.no) wrote:
:> : Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!
:> : Intelligent food for intelligent people!
:> Finally admitting that they *are* intelligent.... amazing..

Everybeing that has the capacity to play with a ball, must be considered
intelligent - since playing with a ball requires the ability to learn.

:> have a nice day anyway.

I always do..

o ||
<--xxx| ||
i/\ ||
:> \|/ \|/ \WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
:> * * \WW MS SENET WW
:> \_ _____--------. .--------_____ _/ \WWWWWWWWWWWWW
:>--------== __ o__|-----|__o __ ==-------------------
:> ----//---' `---\\----

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96
Stardate 19 Mar 1996 04:45:29 GMT, Sia Hwee Lay wrote in no.alt.flame:
:> Geir Hongro <hon...@www.uio.no> wrote:
:> >Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!
:> >Intelligent food for intelligent people!
:> How can anybody eat dolphins?? Don't you know that they are endangered and
:> vital to the ocean ecosystem??

Dolphins endangered?? Are you crazy?? Our shorelines are full of them!!
They pester our beaches, bothering people who're taking a bath, and they
eat all our fish. If Dolphins are endangered - then we all are.

Espen Leirset

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96
Paal Ditlefsen Ekran (paa...@stud.cs.uit.no) wrote

>:> >Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!
>:> >Intelligent food for intelligent people!
>:> How can anybody eat dolphins?? Don't you know that they are endangered and
>:> vital to the ocean ecosystem??
>Dolphins endangered?? Are you crazy?? Our shorelines are full of them!!
>They pester our beaches, bothering people who're taking a bath, and they

Where do you live?

*Espen Leirset* wrote this 20-Mar-96 21:43:16 using Thor 2.21
"I'm sure we can talk things out like civilized people." -J. Wayne

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96
Stardate Tue, 19 Mar 1996 04:32:27 GMT, Knute wrote in no.alt.flame:
:> leneso <len...@nando.net> wrote:

:> Saa sier du at vi ikke skulle skriver paa norsk. OK. Jeg prover aa

:> skriver paa sanskritisk, men det gaar ikke med keyboarden min.
:> Vi skulle snakke lite gran paa hval... Naar jeg var i Norge spiste
:> jeg torsk, elg og reins, men ikke noe hvalkjott. Smekte det slik som
:> biff, eller...?

nei.. mye bedre smaker hvalkjoett..

Peter da Silva

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96
Paal Ditlefsen Ekran <paa...@stud.cs.uit.no> wrote:
>If Dolphins are endangered - then we all are.

And so we are. Malthus was an optimist.

john d.

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96
Espen Leirset (ti...@sn.no) wrote:
: Paal Ditlefsen Ekran (paa...@stud.cs.uit.no) wrote

: >:> >Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!
: >:> >Intelligent food for intelligent people!
: >:> How can anybody eat dolphins?? Don't you know that they are endangered and
: >:> vital to the ocean ecosystem??
: >Dolphins endangered?? Are you crazy?? Our shorelines are full of them!!
: >They pester our beaches, bothering people who're taking a bath, and they

: Where do you live?

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal is presently living in a cardboard box under
a bridge, while I sleep in his bed, with his (rather homely) wife.

--
....take a look at the newsgroup alt.bigfoot.
The whole newsgroup is now really ruined by John and friends' terror..

Marian Cole

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96

You wrote
Dolphins endangered?? Are you crazy?? Our shorelines are full of them!!
They pester our beaches, bothering people who're taking a bath, and they
eat all our fish. If Dolphins are endangered - then we all are.

This comment is so stupid I shouldn't even reply. Maybe your shorelines
are full of them because their other habitats have been destroyed.

It is also nice to know that you consider them an incovinience because they
encroach on humans and their outings. Well did you ever bother to think
you are encroaching on their living rooms.

And they eat all your fish. Please! You and the rest of us have eaten all
of theirs. Get real please!!!!

Eric

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.96031...@bessel.nando.net>,
len...@nando.net says...

>Naa maa dere slutte aa skrive paa norsk,dette er jo ikke en norsk
>newsgroup!!!!

Will you stop writing modified danish in an international (.alt) newsgroup?

Just to be relevant: I have never eaten a whale.

Eric

Patrick Pemberton

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96

On Mon, 18 Mar 1996, Orca wrote:

> Geir Hongro (hon...@www.uio.no) wrote:
> : Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!
>
> : Intelligent food for intelligent people!
>

> Finally admitting that they *are* intelligent.... amazing..

But still not smart enough to run away or crash dive...

:P

Patrick Pemberton

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96

On 21 Mar 1996, Marian Cole wrote:

> You wrote
> > Dolphins endangered?? Are you crazy?? Our shorelines are full of them!!
> > They pester our beaches, bothering people who're taking a bath, and they
> > eat all our fish. If Dolphins are endangered - then we all are.
>
> This comment is so stupid I shouldn't even reply. Maybe your shorelines
> are full of them because their other habitats have been destroyed.

Ours are full of them too. Go to the beach some time. (I think the
operative idea here is, "Get out some more!") What makes you think that
they're endangered? (_That_ is so stupid as to not earn a reply, but
we're generous today.)

> It is also nice to know that you consider them an incovinience because they
> encroach on humans and their outings. Well did you ever bother to think
> you are encroaching on their living rooms.

Dolphins are migratory and don't have any piece of sand that you or I
might step on that they would care for anymore. They also have minds and
habits similar to that of a canary. Have you ever heard of a canary
getting mad when its cage lining gets changed? Or a canary getting mad,
period?

> And they eat all your fish. Please! You and the rest of us have eaten all
> of theirs. Get real please!!!!

"Theirs?" What exactly is "Ours" then? ("Get real?") International law
says the fish are Sweden/Norway's whoevers' in their waters, and
everyone's in international areas. Biblically they just belong to
"Man." But I prefer the kindergarten rule of "finders keepers," at least
here.

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96
Stardate 21 Mar 1996 09:24:25 GMT, Eric wrote in no.alt.flame:

:> In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.96031...@bessel.nando.net>,

:> len...@nando.net says...
:> >Naa maa dere slutte aa skrive paa norsk,dette er jo ikke en norsk
:> >newsgroup!!!!
:> Will you stop writing modified danish in an international (.alt) newsgroup?

the language bokmaal is truly modified Danish, I just wish the
southlings would admitt to that and type in the real Norwegian style, as
I do.

:> Just to be relevant: I have never eaten a whale.

good for you - since whales are to big of a meal - even for me.

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96
Stardate 20 Mar 1996 21:55:22 GMT, Espen Leirset wrote in no.alt.flame:
:> Paal Ditlefsen Ekran (paa...@stud.cs.uit.no) wrote

:> >:> >Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!
:> >:> >Intelligent food for intelligent people!
:> >:> How can anybody eat dolphins?? Don't you know that they are endangered and

:> >:> vital to the ocean ecosystem??
:> >Dolphins endangered?? Are you crazy?? Our shorelines are full of them!!

:> >They pester our beaches, bothering people who're taking a bath, and they

:> Where do you live?

Tromsoe.

Cris Sellares

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96
-=> Quoting hon...@www.uio.n to All <=-

ho> Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!
ho> Intelligent food for intelligent people!

So you can't eat it.

What a shame!

Kay,
Barcelona.

k...@bbs-ce.uab.es

... Et alors, je touche!! (c) Cyrano de Bergerac
UsePkt 1.1b

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Mar 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/22/96
Stardate 21 Mar 1996 04:54:29 GMT, Marian Cole wrote in no.alt.flame:
:> And they eat all your fish. Please! You and the rest of us have eaten all

:> of theirs. Get real please!!!!

My point with the fish, is that when you harvest from one part of the
system, then you have to harvest from the others too. If you don't do that
then some species get the advantage over others and it will all collapse.
Just look at New-Zealand where they've made seal hunting illegal, the
huge population of seals have eaten almost all the fish and there was this
family who went out and got 6 cods, they got a bloody fine of about $5,000
and you are tellin' me that the Dolphins and the seals are endangered!?!?!

I was looking at a Dolphin down at the shore today just before I went to
school and he was just laying there lazy on the beach LAUGHTING AT ME!!!
It could be read all over his face, "hahah, sucker!" See? They're just
making fun of us and our government, the lazy fishes are just commin' up
here, layin' lazy on their back and stealing from our welfare! So, if we
don't stop them now, we'll have Dolphins all over our costlines..

Espen Leirset

Mar 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/22/96
Paal Ditlefsen Ekran (paa...@stud.cs.uit.no) wrote
>:> >Dolphins endangered?? Are you crazy?? Our shorelines are full of them!!
>:> >They pester our beaches, bothering people who're taking a bath, and they
>:> Where do you live?
>Tromsoe.

Bodde der ifjor. SÃ¥ ikke noe til delfiner jeg iallfall. Trodde de var ganske
sjeldne her jeg...

*Espen Leirset* wrote this 22-Mar-96 18:31:53 using Thor 2.21
"Numerical superiority is of no consequence. In battle, victory will go to the
best tactician." -G.A. Custer

John Gasmann Jensen

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96
Paal Ditlefsen Ekran wrote:
Bodde der ifjor. SÃ¥ ikke noe til delfiner jeg iallfall. Trodde de var
ganske
> :> sjeldne her jeg...
>
> Delfinene har kommet hit i det siste, og de er dessuten vanskelig aa
> se..

Går det ann å spise delfiner? Er kjøttet noe alla "vanlig hvalkjøtt"? Det
er mulig vi har en ny eksportnæring i emne. Vi kan selge delfinfilet til
Japan feks.

--
johngj

Glenn W. Olsen

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96
paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran) wrote:

>I was looking at a Dolphin down at the shore today just before I went to
>school and he was just laying there lazy on the beach LAUGHTING AT ME!!!

Yes, just like the rest of us.

Motorsport:URL=http://www.sn.no/~glennwo/nmst/ DoD#1885

Leif Roar Moldskred

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96
In article <315445...@oslonett.no>, John Gasmann Jensen <joh...@oslonett.no> writes:

|> Går det ann å spise delfiner? Er kjøttet noe alla "vanlig hvalkjøtt"?

Skal ikkje uttale mej om korleis delfinkj|t smakar, men enkelte omr{de i
Japan har tradisjonelt brukt mykje delfinkj|t.

Leif Roar

Brian Warnica

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96
paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran) wrote:

>Stardate 19 Mar 1996 04:45:29 GMT, Sia Hwee Lay wrote in no.alt.flame:
>:> Geir Hongro <hon...@www.uio.no> wrote:
>:> >Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!

>:> >Intelligent food for intelligent people!

>:> How can anybody eat dolphins?? Don't you know that they are endangered and
>:> vital to the ocean ecosystem??

>Dolphins endangered?? Are you crazy?? Our shorelines are full of them!!

>They pester our beaches, bothering people who're taking a bath, and they

>eat all our fish. If Dolphins are endangered - then we all are.

>--
Perhaps you need to realize that just because there are dolphins on
your shore, doesn't mean there are an abundance! There are a lot of
elephants in South Africa but they are endangered. Just a thought.

John Gasmann Jensen

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96
Paal Ditlefsen Ekran wrote:

> Stardate Sat, 23 Mar 1996 10:38:27 -0800, John Gasmann Jensen wrote in no.alt.flame:
> :> Går det ann å spise delfiner? Er kjøttet noe alla "vanlig hvalkjøtt"? Det

> :> er mulig vi har en ny eksportnæring i emne. Vi kan selge delfinfilet til
> :> Japan feks.
>
> alt gaar ann aa spise!! og spesiellt delikatesser som Delfiner og hvaler
> og slikt..

Siden du kaller delfinkjøtt for en delikatesse så betyr vel det at du har spist en? Og hvis så,
hvordan smaker delfiner? Har kjøttet feks transmak? En annen tanke som slår meg er feks at
istedenfor grisehoder på koldtbord o.l., så kan en heller ha et delfinhode. Delfinen ser mere
inntelegent ut og gir dermed et mere sympatisk inntrykk.

--
johngj

Bill Levinson

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96
Paal Ditlefsen Ekran <paa...@stud.cs.uit.no> writes:

> o ||
> <--xxx| ||
> i/\ ||
>:> \|/ \|/ \WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
>:> * * \WW MS SENET WW
>:> \_ _____--------. .--------_____ _/ \WWWWWWWWWWWWW
>:>--------== __ o__|-----|__o __ ==-------------------
>:> ----//---' `---\\----

Have to admit this guy is good at making ASCII
figures of whale hunters.

Bill Levinson

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96
Paal Ditlefsen Ekran <paa...@stud.cs.uit.no> writes:

> o ||
> <--xxx| ||
> i/\ ||
>:> \|/ \|/ \WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
>:> * * \WW MS SENET WW
>:> \_ _____--------. .--------_____ _/ \WWWWWWWWWWWWW
>:>--------== __ o__|-----|__o __ ==-------------------
>:> ----//---' `---\\----

o ||
> <--xxx| ||
> i/\ ||
>:> \WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
>:> X= \WW MS SENET WW
>:> X \WWWWWWWWWWWWW
>:>--------------------------X--------------------------------------
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
8 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
8=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXX)
8 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

For people who like to hunt things with sonar:
Los Angeles-class attack sub (left) and Mark 48
homing torpedo at right... (or, if you prefer a Harpoon-
missile, that is...)

tristate

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
In article <4isoil$1...@news.uit.no>, paa...@stud.cs.uit.no says...

>Stardate 20 Mar 1996 21:55:22 GMT, Espen Leirset wrote in no.alt.flame:
>:> Paal Ditlefsen Ekran (paa...@stud.cs.uit.no) wrote

>:> >:> >Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!
>:> >:> >Intelligent food for intelligent people!
>:> >:> How can anybody eat dolphins?? Don't you know that they are
endangered and
>:> >:> vital to the ocean ecosystem??
>:> >Dolphins endangered?? Are you crazy?? Our shorelines are full of
them!!
>:> >They pester our beaches, bothering people who're taking a bath, and
they

>:> Where do you live?
>
>Tromsoe.

Where the fuck is Tromsoe? And, how big is your cardboard box under the
bridge?

tristate

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
In article <4j0i24$9...@hasle.sn.no>, gle...@oslonett.no says...

>paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran) wrote:
>
>>I was looking at a Dolphin down at the shore today just before I went to
>>school and he was just laying there lazy on the beach LAUGHTING AT ME!!!
>
>Yes, just like the rest of us.

Yep!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Mary Rottler

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
In article <4iu7kc$c...@news.uit.no>, paa...@stud.cs.uit.no says...

>Stardate 21 Mar 1996 04:54:29 GMT, Marian Cole wrote in no.alt.flame:
>:> And they eat all your fish. Please! You and the rest of us have
eaten all
>:> of theirs. Get real please!!!!
>
>My point with the fish, is that when you harvest from one part of the
>system, then you have to harvest from the others too. If you don't do
that
>then some species get the advantage over others and it will all
collapse.
>Just look at New-Zealand where they've made seal hunting illegal, the
>huge population of seals have eaten almost all the fish and there was
this
>family who went out and got 6 cods, they got a bloody fine of about
$5,000
>and you are tellin' me that the Dolphins and the seals are
endangered!?!?!

>I was looking at a Dolphin down at the shore today just before I went
>school and he was just laying there lazy on the beach LAUGHTING AT
ME!!!
>It could be read all over his face, "hahah, sucker!" See? They're
just
>making fun of us and our government, the lazy fishes are just commin'
up
>here, layin' lazy on their back and stealing from our welfare! So, if
we
>don't stop them now, we'll have Dolphins all over our costlines..
I would probably be laughing at you too. Dolphins were here before
you were even thought of and they'll be here way after you are dead and
gone. Dolphins have the right to do whatever they want with their
ocean just like we have our rights with our world. You don't see them
coming onto our land and trying to take over it, do you?

Erika

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
Stardate 26 Mar 1996 12:40:04 GMT, tristate wrote in no.alt.flame:
:> In article <4isoil$1...@news.uit.no>, paa...@stud.cs.uit.no says...

:> >Stardate 20 Mar 1996 21:55:22 GMT, Espen Leirset wrote in no.alt.flame:
:> >Tromsoe.

:> Where the fuck is Tromsoe?

a little bit left from the North pole.

:> And, how big is your cardboard box under the
:> bridge?

is this one of your Amerikan sayings that only you understand?

--
###### # ## ## ## # # #
## ## ## # ## ## ##

Joanne Maudling

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96

> :> And, how big is your cardboard box under the
> :> bridge?
>
> is this one of your Amerikan sayings that only you understand?

No - I'm not AMERICAN and I understand it!!!!!!

Glenn W. Olsen

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
tris...@fred.net (tristate) wrote:
>>Yes, just like the rest of us.
>>

>Yep!

>HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Do you always reply news in mail, shithead?

Patrick Pemberton

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96

On Sun, 24 Mar 1996, Brian Warnica wrote:

> >Dolphins endangered?? Are you crazy?? Our shorelines are full of them!!
> >They pester our beaches, bothering people who're taking a bath, and they

> >eat all our fish. If Dolphins are endangered - then we all are.
>
> >--
> Perhaps you need to realize that just because there are dolphins on
> your shore, doesn't mean there are an abundance! There are a lot of
> elephants in South Africa but they are endangered. Just a thought.

Funny, there's lots in Louisiana, Florida, California, Texas, even
Mississippi. And it's even funnier, since dolphins aren't on the
endangered species list at all. (The EPA evidently finds lots of them
wherever they go as well.) Besides, this isn't an issue, since dolphins
aren't valued for anything (as far as I know) and aren't commercially
hunted.

Skinner

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
Not all of us.

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
Stardate Wed, 27 Mar 1996 08:01:02 GMT, Joanne Maudling wrote in no.alt.flame:

:> > :> And, how big is your cardboard box under the

:> > :> bridge?
:> > is this one of your Amerikan sayings that only you understand?
:> No - I'm not AMERICAN and I understand it!!!!!!

ofcourse - since the originator of that message originated from one of
the countries in your wide-spread empire.

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
Stardate 26 Mar 1996 18:25:14 GMT, Mary Rottler wrote in no.alt.flame:
:> In article <4iu7kc$c...@news.uit.no>, paa...@stud.cs.uit.no says...

:> >don't stop them now, we'll have Dolphins all over our costlines..

:> I would probably be laughing at you too. Dolphins were here before
:> you were even thought of and they'll be here way after you are dead and
:> gone. Dolphins have the right to do whatever they want with their

Soo, Dolphins have the right because they were here before us?? I guess,
since the Crocodile was here before the Dolphins, we'll have to put them
in charge??

:> ocean just like we have our rights with our world. You don't see them

:> coming onto our land and trying to take over it, do you?

This is not a matter of taking over the ocean or taking over the land. Man
has - aslong as I can remember - harvested from both the ocean and land.
Man has long hunted animals, both in the ocean on solid ground. Now if you
are a vegetarian and prefer to only eat vegetables [some eat fish, I don't
know] then it is alright with me. Still, when you are trying to limit what
*I* eat, by saying that the animal I am eating is a thinking species [hell,
I belive all animals has the capacity to think - IOW we're all equal when
it comes to intelligence] - my point. If you don't want me to eat whale-
meat because the animal is "intelligent" - then PLEASE stay away from all
the other meat yourself [especially cows from England, but that's by far
a different discussion]..

kim barton

Mar 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/30/96
In article <130953...@josef.demon.co.uk>, Joanne Maudling
<joa...@josef.demon.co.uk> writes

>> :> And, how big is your cardboard box under the
>> :> bridge?
>>
>> is this one of your Amerikan sayings that only you understand?
>>

>No - I'm not AMERICAN and I understand it!!!!!!
>

>I am not american and I still understand it!!!
Claire

--Claire Barton

Zep...@ais.net

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
endangered, threatened, or rare, because that's the job of the U.S. Fish
and Wildlife Service (in the U.S.). Further, I suspect that if you
actually check into it, that there are mayny types of dolphins, some of
which are either globally, hemispherically, or locally in one or more
category of endangerment. All of which begs the issue of justifying
avoidable killing of any animal, much less one having levels of
intelligence we are probably incapable of comprehending and whose only
sin is to possess sufficient virtue to evoke the enmity of those whose
own sense of inferiority drives them to display contempt for creatures
that are, in all likelihood, greater --or at least more forgiving-- than
themselves.

Zep...@ais.net

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96

Lauren Stanbridge

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
Paal Ditlefsen Ekran writes

>:> >:> >Ummmmmm!! Delicious!!!!
>:> >:> >Intelligent food for intelligent people!
>:
you could eat a whole pod of dolphins, but it won't make you any
smarter. you're definately beyond help!!!

--
Lauren Stanbridge

Graham J. Clarke

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
In article <4jetje$e...@news.uit.no>, paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen

Ekran) wrote:

> Soo, Dolphins have the right because they were here before us?? I guess,
> since the Crocodile was here before the Dolphins, we'll have to put them
> in charge??

YES! Paaal, dolphins have a right because they were here before us and, if
you want to be pedantic, so too the crocodile! Time after time people such
as yourself show just how hypercritical you are. And it reflects
throughout your community. Even your government claims "traditional"
reasons for devouring the whales. No one is fooled by your flinsy reasons
of eating whale meat. Oh, gee! "What was that you say?" You ate whales
first..... well, in that case finish off the last one!

Then what?

"Nature just happens to have provided a cheap source of certain fats in
her great sea monsters and so the mighty whales have been butchered - a
harvest without a sowing." W. J. Dakin 1934.

Graham.
gcl...@magna.com.au

Stephen DeGrace

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96

>Then what?

>Graham.
>gcl...@magna.com.au

This arguement just illustrates the importance of studying evolution:
since we can only morally eat animals that appeared after us, it is
imperitive to know how each species stacks up against us for age. But
this too raises thorny ethical issues. We're animals, and we still
have to obey chronological rules about what we can eat, if we want to
stay in good with the animal rights movement; shouldn't the same moral
principles apply to other species as well? Let's say we discover that
seals evolved before killer whales. Killer whales EAT seals. We'd be
morally obligated to do something to help the seals, who would have
more rights than the whales if they predated (sorry!) them. If
counselling and therapy for the orcas didn't work, we'd have no choice
but to harpoon them. And of course it would be a sin to let all that
nice, tender whale meat go to waste...

Saint Stephen Artorius DeGrace
The Most Holy Archbishop of Charlottetown,
Church of the Cactus (TM)
"May groundhogs bear thine enemies unto the land of Canada
where no cactus groweth: may they be DENIED their free muffin,
now and for all eternity. Amen"
-- The Benediction of Saint Adolphus the Mad

Ken Smith

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96
Lauren Stanbridge <lau...@bramble.demon.co.uk> wrote:

OK why don't we all stop this stupid thread. No-one is saying anything
intelligent and it is wasting bandwidth.
This group is for people who have an interest in / love for -
whatever, Cetateans.
If the odd troll comes in, just ignore it. It ain't worth a reply so
don't. Cut them all dead and they will pass by and go and infest
somewhere else.

Remember instead a simple poem by Kate Carr and think of the things
we should be discussing here rather than mini flame wars with
trolls....

Have you swum with a friendly dolphin
When the day dawns clear and bright,
And seen his wellcoming leap of joy,
As you leave the harbour and pass the bouy?
That’s pure delight.
Have you swum with a friendly dolphin,
Dozing under the noonday sun,
and stroked his belly so smooth and strong,
Or felt yourself being towed along
In elfin fun?
Have you swum with a friendly dolphin
In the sunset’s fiery glow,
When every wavelet is tinged with gold,
And his silhoulette, so huge and bold,
Is a graceful bow?
Have you swum with a friendly dolphin
As the silvery moon rides high,
And ocean and earth are bathed in white,
And the dolphin’s aglow with a phospherous light,
As he glides by?
Have you swum with a friendly dolphin
In the North Sea’s rolling swell?
Or a choppy squall, as a cloud passed by,
And a leaden greyness darkened the sky,
And raindrops fell?
Have you swum with a friendly dolphin
And a boatload of friends of a kind?
The harmony linking you all, and him,
As you tumble out of the boat for a swim -
It blows your mind.
Have you swum with a friendly dolphin
And known your panic allayed?
Be it ladders or snorkels - whatever your fear -
Perhaps the oceans depth; once the dolphin’s near
You’re not afraid.
Yes, I’ve swum with a friendly dolphin
In the moonlight, the sun and the rain;
And the varying moods of the ocean swell
And my life will never - I know full well -
Be the same again.

Kate Carr (The Dolphin)

Apologies in retrospect for the copyright violation Kate .... I just
hope I copied and used your verse correctly ...

Ken

Training IDs

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96
yuks!

Orca

Apr 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/9/96
Stephen DeGrace (sdeg...@cycor.ca) wrote:

: gcl...@magna.com.au (Graham J. Clarke) wrote:

: >In article <4jetje$e...@news.uit.no>, paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen
: >Ekran) wrote:

: >
: principles apply to other species as well? Let's say we discover that

: seals evolved before killer whales. Killer whales EAT seals. We'd be
: morally obligated to do something to help the seals, who would have
: more rights than the whales if they predated (sorry!) them. If
: counselling and therapy for the orcas didn't work, we'd have no choice
: but to harpoon them. And of course it would be a sin to let all that

If this applies to humans as well I find it acceptable.

--
---
\|/ \|/

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
Stardate Tue, 9 Apr 1996 19:29:05 GMT, Orca wrote in no.alt.flame:
:> Stephen DeGrace (sdeg...@cycor.ca) wrote:
:> : gcl...@magna.com.au (Graham J. Clarke) wrote:

:> : counselling and therapy for the orcas didn't work, we'd have no choice

:> : but to harpoon them. And of course it would be a sin to let all that
:> If this applies to humans as well I find it acceptable.

Well, that means that WE - The Vikings - should rule your continent,
since we was there before Columbus [although we were smart enough to
leave it ASAP]. Hmm.. come to think of it, it was the Indians who were
there first, doesn't this mean that they should be in charge? Hmm.. too
bad you killed them all, and too bad there weren't guys like you around
to save their asses..

BTW, your user name has made me hungry..

Glenn W. Olsen

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
orc...@netcom.com (Orca) wrote:

>--
>---
> \|/ \|/
> * *
> \_ _____--------. .--------_____ _/
> == __ o__| |__o __ ==
> ----//---' `---\\----

Aaahh, food.

Stephen DeGrace

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
sdeg...@cycor.ca (Stephen DeGrace) wrote:

>paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran) wrote:

>>Stardate Tue, 9 Apr 1996 19:29:05 GMT, Orca wrote in no.alt.flame:
>>:> Stephen DeGrace (sdeg...@cycor.ca) wrote:
>>:> : gcl...@magna.com.au (Graham J. Clarke) wrote:

>>:> : counselling and therapy for the orcas didn't work, we'd have no choice
>>:> : but to harpoon them. And of course it would be a sin to let all that
>>:> If this applies to humans as well I find it acceptable.

>>Well, that means that WE - The Vikings - should rule your continent,
>>since we was there before Columbus [although we were smart enough to
>>leave it ASAP]. Hmm.. come to think of it, it was the Indians who were
>>there first, doesn't this mean that they should be in charge? Hmm.. too
>>bad you killed them all, and too bad there weren't guys like you around
>>to save their asses..

>>BTW, your user name has made me hungry..

>In case anyone misunderstood, I was being sarcastic. I think the
[snip]
>Mr. Ekran to make bitter and acrimonious sounding comments about North
>Americans. I hope he can find it in his heart to forgive me.

... at least I ASSUME that Mr. Ekran was adressing me, since he
referrs to Columbus and Indians, and the other fellow has a .au
address. If I'm mistaken, pay me no mind, I'm just having another one
of my fits. My apologies again...

Stephen DeGrace

Stephen DeGrace

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran) wrote:

>Stardate Tue, 9 Apr 1996 19:29:05 GMT, Orca wrote in no.alt.flame:
>:> Stephen DeGrace (sdeg...@cycor.ca) wrote:
>:> : gcl...@magna.com.au (Graham J. Clarke) wrote:

>:> : counselling and therapy for the orcas didn't work, we'd have no choice
>:> : but to harpoon them. And of course it would be a sin to let all that
>:> If this applies to humans as well I find it acceptable.

>Well, that means that WE - The Vikings - should rule your continent,
>since we was there before Columbus [although we were smart enough to
>leave it ASAP]. Hmm.. come to think of it, it was the Indians who were
>there first, doesn't this mean that they should be in charge? Hmm.. too
>bad you killed them all, and too bad there weren't guys like you around
>to save their asses..

>BTW, your user name has made me hungry..

In case anyone misunderstood, I was being sarcastic. I think the

arguement that "whales were here first, so we can't eat them" is
ludicrous. It completely ignores that we are also a part of nature,
and that there is nothing wrong with us living by predation - it's a
time honoured tradition among countless other species after all. For
the record, I'm completely in favour of whaling so long as responsible
conservation measures are followed to protect the resource. Despite
the propaganda from groups like Greenpeace with a vested interest in
"sexy" issues like "saving" the whales, I believe that modern whaling
nations like Norway are endevouring to use the resource responsibly. I
realise that some peolple may have completely missed the point of what
I meant to be a humourous jab at the animal rights movement, and I
apologise for not making myself clear. I know that whaling is an
emotional issue for some people, and I am truely very sorry for making
jokes about it. I am also very sorry that my lack of clarity has moved

Mr. Ekran to make bitter and acrimonious sounding comments about North
Americans. I hope he can find it in his heart to forgive me.

Saint Stephen Artorius DeGrace

kim barton

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
In article <4k80a7$o...@inca01.inca.co.nz>, Ken Smith <ksm...@inca.co.nz>
writes
That is buuutifull!! it is my ambition to swim with i dolphin but as
much as I nag my parents I do not think that i will ever fulfill my
dream but there is always wish full thinking
has anybodyswam with a dolphin here
What was it like i bet it was great are there dolphins anywhere around
england
i love dolphins and i want to no more about them can anybody help me???
--Kim Barton

john jordahl

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96
to sdeg...@cycor.ca
Stephan DeGrace wrote:
I am also very sorry that my lack of clarity has moved
>Mr. Ekran to make bitter and acrimonious sounding comments about North
>Americans. I hope he can find it in his heart to forgive me.
>
>Saint Stephen Artorius DeGrace
>The Most Holy Archbishop of Charlottetown,
>Church of the Cactus (TM)

I have been watching the discussion about dolphins and Paal Ditlevsen
Ekran's hunger.

There is no reason to give him an excuse, he is just having a great time
observing all the hullabaloo he has caused. The old Vikings had lots of
courage, but were uncultured and in many ways ignorant. The dolphins are
wonderful animals like all the other creatures on earth. Like the Vikings
did, Paal is violating a lot of peoples emotions with his pronouncements.
He shouldn't do so.

But I can understand him in one way. A lot of people in great cities and
urban districts in USA and Europe are "sanctifying" the dolphins, the
seals and the whales and shows more concern for them than for human
beings. That attitude may provoke some people in Norway.

In Norway many, both adults and children, are having a knowledge about
hunting animals both on land and in the sea. Many peoples are still making
a living of fishing and hunting and that's include hunting on seals and
whales. We know that what you buy in a supermarket wrapped in a plastic
bag and called beef or meat isn't produced in a factory. We know that
slaughtering animals isn't a nice view. In North Norway we live in the
arctic zone and we only have three months without frost. That makes it
impossible to live here without harvesting of all resources in nature. But
we must endeavour to use the resources responsibly. In that Norway has
succeeded more than many other nations.

Regards to Stephen DeGrace

John

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Apr 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/14/96
Stardate 12 Apr 1996 21:05:47 GMT, john jordahl wrote in no.alt.flame:
:> Stephan DeGrace wrote:

:> I have been watching the discussion about dolphins and Paal Ditlevsen
:> Ekran's hunger.

This discussion isn't about my hunger, but about my right to harvest
what the ocean gives us.

[flamage removed ]

:> did, Paal is violating a lot of peoples emotions with his pronouncements.

:> He shouldn't do so.

Why? What about my emotions? What about my traditions? Just because you
think it is alright to slaugther cows, what right would that give me to
try stopping you??? And let me tell you another thing! I know a lot of
Dolphins who have a heck of a better life than you misserable inprisoned
COWS!!!

:> seals and the whales and shows more concern for them than for human

:> beings. That attitude may provoke some people in Norway.

Well, at least they earn they living by doing so. [ Ref: Green Peace and
that Watson guy - Sea Shepeard or watever ]

And I think it is riddiculus when people start yelling about my eating
habbits when they're so narrow-minded they can't even gaze down to their
own dish [ MacBurger, whatever ] - did all you fanatics know how much
better and nutrious whale meat is instead of meat from cows, pigs and
sheep?

David S. Eitelbach

Apr 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/15/96
In <4krpfb$9...@news.uit.no> paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran)
wrote:

> Stardate 12 Apr 1996 21:05:47 GMT, john jordahl wrote in no.alt.flame:

[...]

> This discussion isn't about my hunger, but about my right to harvest
> what the ocean gives us.
>
> [flamage removed ]

It wasn't flamage -- it was a damn good post!

> :> did, Paal is violating a lot of peoples emotions with his pronouncements.
> :> He shouldn't do so.
>
> Why? What about my emotions? What about my traditions? Just because you
> think it is alright to slaugther cows, what right would that give me to
> try stopping you??? And let me tell you another thing! I know a lot of
> Dolphins who have a heck of a better life than you misserable inprisoned
> COWS!!!

Not all cows are imprisoned. Many roam free -- especially in the western
U.S. It is also the case that you can buy "range" beef, which is beef that
was allowed to range (not in pens). You can also buy chickens that were
not kept crammed in pens and eggs from chickens that were not kept in
pens. These things are not mainstream choices yet, but they are readily
available in mainstream stores at slightly higher prices.

I think it is due to the focused efforts of a few lonely crusaders like
yourself that we have been finally able to recognize these problems and to
begin to correct them.

All America thanks you.

[...]

> And I think it is riddiculus when people start yelling about my eating
> habbits when they're so narrow-minded they can't even gaze down to their
> own dish [ MacBurger, whatever ] - did all you fanatics know how much
> better and nutrious whale meat is instead of meat from cows, pigs and
> sheep?

Don't Norwegians eat more hamburgers per capita than Americans?

--
David S. Eitelbach
dse...@crl.com

Geir Hongro

Apr 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/15/96
paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran) wrote:
>Stardate 12 Apr 1996 21:05:47 GMT, john jordahl wrote in no.alt.flame:
>:> Stephan DeGrace wrote:
>
>:> I have been watching the discussion about dolphins and Paal Ditlevsen
>:> Ekran's hunger.
>
>This discussion isn't about my hunger, but about my right to harvest
>what the ocean gives us.

And by the way: It was ME who started it.

Kill The Whales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary Huang

Apr 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/16/96
well....since we have so many cows(especially those with mad cow diseace) for meat
why bother killing these dolphin??

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Apr 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/16/96
Stardate 16 Apr 1996 09:30:46 GMT, Gary Huang wrote in no.alt.flame:
:> well....since we have so many cows(especially those with mad cow diseace) for meat

:> why bother killing these dolphin??

why not the reverse? since we have so many dolphins [ good meat ] for meat
why bother killing these cows? [ bad meat! ]

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Apr 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/16/96

:> wrote:
:> > Stardate 12 Apr 1996 21:05:47 GMT, john jordahl wrote in no.alt.flame:

:> > Why? What about my emotions? What about my traditions? Just because you

:> > think it is alright to slaugther cows, what right would that give me to
:> > try stopping you??? And let me tell you another thing! I know a lot of
:> > Dolphins who have a heck of a better life than you misserable inprisoned
:> > COWS!!!

:> Not all cows are imprisoned. Many roam free -- especially in the western
:> U.S. It is also the case that you can buy "range" beef, which is beef that

GEEEE. you have wild cows over there?? I better be more careful the next
time I am in the country.

:> pens. These things are not mainstream choices yet, but they are readily

:> available in mainstream stores at slightly higher prices.

Yeah, and you can buy genetically manipulated cows from Holland...

:> I think it is due to the focused efforts of a few lonely crusaders like

:> yourself that we have been finally able to recognize these problems and to
:> begin to correct them.

I don't belive anything would change unless someone got paid better to
do that change.

:> > habbits when they're so narrow-minded they can't even gaze down to their

:> > own dish [ MacBurger, whatever ] - did all you fanatics know how much
:> > better and nutrious whale meat is instead of meat from cows, pigs and
:> > sheep?
:> Don't Norwegians eat more hamburgers per capita than Americans?

No.. [ and a Whopper Chese menu cost about $12 in this country ]

David S. Eitelbach

Apr 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/16/96
In <4l0g5j$e...@news.uit.no> paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran)
wrote:

> Stardate Mon, 15 Apr 1996 07:37:59 GMT, David S. Eitelbach wrote in no.alt.flame:
> :> In <4krpfb$9...@news.uit.no> paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran)
> :> wrote:
> :> > Stardate 12 Apr 1996 21:05:47 GMT, john jordahl wrote in no.alt.flame:
>
> :> > Why? What about my emotions? What about my traditions? Just because you
> :> > think it is alright to slaugther cows, what right would that give me to
> :> > try stopping you??? And let me tell you another thing! I know a lot of
> :> > Dolphins who have a heck of a better life than you misserable inprisoned
> :> > COWS!!!
>
> :> Not all cows are imprisoned. Many roam free -- especially in the western
> :> U.S. It is also the case that you can buy "range" beef, which is beef that
>
> GEEEE. you have wild cows over there??

No wild cows, just free-roaming cows. Lots of open, mostly flat space in
the western U.S. They grow cows on it, but they're not really wild cows.

> I better be more careful the next time I am in the country.

Your horned helmet will protect you from any really serious injury.

> :> pens. These things are not mainstream choices yet, but they are readily
> :> available in mainstream stores at slightly higher prices.
>
> Yeah, and you can buy genetically manipulated cows from Holland...

Think of the shipping charge though.

> :> I think it is due to the focused efforts of a few lonely crusaders like
> :> yourself that we have been finally able to recognize these problems and to
> :> begin to correct them.
>
> I don't belive anything would change unless someone got paid better to
> do that change.

I think you are right about that.

> :> > habbits when they're so narrow-minded they can't even gaze down to their
> :> > own dish [ MacBurger, whatever ] - did all you fanatics know how much
> :> > better and nutrious whale meat is instead of meat from cows, pigs and
> :> > sheep?
> :> Don't Norwegians eat more hamburgers per capita than Americans?
>
> No.. [ and a Whopper Chese menu cost about $12 in this country ]

That you would pay that much doesn't say much for Norwegian cuisine, does
it?

Put the axe down -- I'm just kidding. :-) We actually import Norwegian
food delicacies into the United States. These are highly sought after.

Bill Levinson

Apr 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/16/96
Geir Hongro <hon...@www.uio.no> writes:

>And by the way: It was ME who started it.
>
>Kill The Whales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHA! A TROLL!
According to Scandinavian mythology (i.e. NORWAY),
the god Thor had a hammer called Mjolnir ("Miller")
which he often used to dispose of TROLLS. Now, Mr.
Hongro may be trolling for flames, but he'd best
beware that mighty Thor doesn't mistake
him for the other kind...

(Another description of "trolling for flames" is
"flyting," or trading insults, as in "Loki's
Flyting." Loki was, of course, the evil god who
sired the Fenris Wolf and Midgard Serpent, and who
arranged for the death of Balder- NOW I see the
connection- there is a dolphin named Balder in
Gordon R. Dickson's "Home from the Shore." Anyway,
Loki finally got what was coming to him at
Ragnarok, although he took Heimdall with him...
we had snow here on April 15- maybe it's Fimbulvetr,
the triple winter that precedes Ragnarok...)
;-) -Bill

Nantko Schanssema

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran) wrote:

>Stardate 12 Apr 1996 21:05:47 GMT, john jordahl wrote in no.alt.flame:

>:> Stephan DeGrace wrote:

>:> I have been watching the discussion about dolphins and Paal Ditlevsen
>:> Ekran's hunger.

>This discussion isn't about my hunger, but about my right to harvest
>what the ocean gives us.

>[flamage removed ]

>:> did, Paal is violating a lot of peoples emotions with his pronouncements.
>:> He shouldn't do so.

>Why? What about my emotions? What about my traditions? Just because you

>think it is alright to slaugther cows, what right would that give me to
>try stopping you???

Even though I do not share his taste, I must admit that Paal is right
here. After all, we all eat other living beings, like it or not. The
discussion on taste is quite a different matter. As long as eating
other living beings happens in such a way, that those beings are
treated respectfully, there's nothing wrong with the fact.

>And I think it is riddiculus when people start yelling about my eating

>habbits when they're so narrow-minded they can't even gaze down to their
>own dish [ MacBurger, whatever ] - did all you fanatics know how much
>better and nutrious whale meat is instead of meat from cows, pigs and
>sheep?

Well, that's again a matter of taste. I know of people who eat
caterpillars and grasshoppers. It's not my idea of a good meal, but I
cannot object to the fact. As a matter of fact, in Indonesia I've
eaten dog and bats. It wasn't bad at all. How about that?

Regards,
Nantko

John Jordahl

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
Geir Hongro <hon...@www.uio.no> wrote:

>And by the way: It was ME who started it.
>
>Kill The Whales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A public letter to Mr. Geir Hongro.

It's a big pleasure to me to get the information on your contribution to
the extinction of the whales. As you are author to the statement: "Kill
the Whales!!!!!!!" I'am impressed of the radical and intelligent thinking
you are revealing. But why so unfinished? Your contribution to the human
progress will be considerable increased if you join me in the still more
radical and intelligent slogan, kill all animals!!!! :->

Why not kill the cats too? My neighbour has a cat and she is pissing at my
car, "fytte rakkern" (for those who doesn't know, a well-known Norwegian
expression. Mail me for a translation). Kill all of them!!! My other
neighbour (have only two) has a dog, and it's barking and chasing my first
neighbours cat. And it is shiting at my yard and close to my doorstep,
what a "shitbag". (The expression is constructed by the Norwegian minister
of environmental affairs to characterise his colleague in Great Britain.
The expression is in this manner fully accepted in the diplomatic
vocabulary to be used by Norwegians to characterise opponents in foreign
countries). Kill the dogs too (with the exception of mine, of course). And
what about the cows? They have contagious diseases, except of Norwegian
cows of course. Kill'em all. You might get some help from your
fellow-student, the last viking, Mr. Paal Ekran.

................Well, after a closer consideration, I think, that will
not work, he is afraid of cows, the wild ones. :-, But what about the
birds. They are singing and chattering and whistling. Once upon a time I
was planning to take a day off from job (had been surfing the net to the
early morning and was worn-out. Please don't tell my employer). But what
happened at 6 o'clock (AM of course). Two magpies had started to built
their nest just outside my bedroom's window. They were chattering and were
very noisy. (I could just as well go to my job). Let's get rid of all of
them. :-| Let's vote for a silent spring!

And as you see, Mr. Hongro, when we have finished our job, we have got a
world without whales and dolphins and animals. We would be alone in this
world and when we had no more animals to kill, we could turn to each other
and start .................! /-;

What a brave new world. &-|

My deep respect for your revolutionary new thoughts.

John

:-D :-D

Post Scriptum

There is another approach to this subject. We could apply the biblical
view on man's duty, that man is put forward to manage the nature, not to
destroy it. :-)

Have a nice day.

Glenn W. Olsen

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran) wrote:

>:> Don't Norwegians eat more hamburgers per capita than Americans?

>No.. [ and a Whopper Chese menu cost about $12 in this country ]

Også smaker det som regel lakserolje av burgerene også.

Glenn W. Olsen

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
dse...@crl.com (David S. Eitelbach) wrote:

>> I better be more careful the next time I am in the country.

>Your horned helmet will protect you from any really serious injury.

Not when the bull comes from his backside and take
him for a .....

Geir Hongro

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
John Jordahl <john.j...@everyday.no> wrote:
>Geir Hongro <hon...@www.uio.no> wrote:
>

>>And by the way: It was ME who started it.
>>
>>Kill The Whales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>

>A public letter to Mr. Geir Hongro.
>
>It's a big pleasure to me to get the information on your contribution to
>the extinction of the whales. As you are author to the statement: "Kill
>the Whales!!!!!!!" I'am impressed of the radical and intelligent thinking
>you are revealing. But why so unfinished? Your contribution to the human
>progress will be considerable increased if you join me in the still more
>radical and intelligent slogan, kill all animals!!!! :->

Yeah! Cool!

On the other hand I can't see the reason why we should kill
animals we don't need to kill. I meat animals are our food,
clothes and so on, but there is no reason to kill them if we are
not going to eat them etc.

What is the point is whales have no more rights to live than any
other animals and that makes all the protests against Norwegian
whaling ridiculous.

Bill Levinson

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
Nantko Schanssema <nan...@xs4all.nl> writes:

>>And I think it is riddiculus when people start yelling about my eating
>>habbits when they're so narrow-minded they can't even gaze down to their
>>own dish [ MacBurger, whatever ] - did all you fanatics know how much
>>better and nutrious whale meat is instead of meat from cows, pigs and
>>sheep?
>
>Well, that's again a matter of taste. I know of people who eat
>caterpillars and grasshoppers. It's not my idea of a good meal, but I
>cannot object to the fact. As a matter of fact, in Indonesia I've
>eaten dog and bats. It wasn't bad at all. How about that?

I've heard that, the higher it is on the food chain,
the less healthy it is to eat (e.g. dogs, cats). Bugs are
nutritious (the shell, or chiton, is rich in calcium), and
earthworms are 50% protein and no fat. However, I can't
imagine eating them (unless I was starving- if you watch
movies about sieges in the Middle Ages, they show the defenders'
status by having them go after rats, dogs, and cats... a painting
of a siege in Japan shows the starving defenders eating a horse.
The French version of Cyrano de Bergerac has a French soldier
kill a rat and start cooking it- the others smell the cooking
rat, and everybody wants to eat it.) I'll remember that dogs
and bats aren't bad, should I ever find myself in this
situation...
I think I've figured out how the "kill the whales" trolls from
Norway compose their messages. First, they don their horned
helmets and bearskin shirts (ber sarks). Then, they take out
their keyboards, which are shaped like longships and have
dragon heads on them.

Their mice are probably (1) shaped like longships, and the
mouse pads are maps of England with villages to be sacked, or
(2) mice, but with the helmets with horns on them.
Next, the trolls put Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" on
the stereo, and bite their shields. As they begin typing,
the Aurora Borealis flickers as the Choosers of the Slain
ride out to collect the fallen heros from the electronic
battlefield. Odin sits at his computer (133,000 GHz
1028 bit processor, 200 Gb RAM, 540,000 Gb hard drive with
1 nanosecond access time- his horse, Sleipnir, complains,
"Battlefather hasn't ridden me ever since he got that thing.")
and watches the electronic carnage as the flames fly.
Oh, yes, the Einherjar (fallen heroes in Valhalla) don't
fight each other with swords and axes like they used to- now
they play Mech Warrior version 25, or Mortal Kombat v. 42,
until it's time for the evening feast. (And do you think
Heimdall really stands on Bifrost all day??? He bought an
electronic security system several years ago...)
It's still Fimbulvetr in the Northeastern U.S., by the
way- maybe Ragnarok is really coming. Flipper (whom the
trolls want to eat) has offered me a ride out of town
before Surtur, the fire giant, incinerates the world...
-Bill :-)

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
Stardate 17 Apr 1996 18:23:48 GMT, John Jordahl wrote in no.alt.flame:
:> Geir Hongro <hon...@www.uio.no> wrote:

:> the Whales!!!!!!!" I'am impressed of the radical and intelligent thinking

:> you are revealing. But why so unfinished? Your contribution to the human
:> progress will be considerable increased if you join me in the still more
:> radical and intelligent slogan, kill all animals!!!! :->

You must understand that Geir's mother was killed by an Orca here last
autumn, and since there he's had this opsession that every whale must be
killed.

:> neighbour (have only two) has a dog, and it's barking and chasing my first

:> neighbours cat. And it is shiting at my yard and close to my doorstep,
:> what a "shitbag". (The expression is constructed by the Norwegian minister
:> of environmental affairs to characterise his colleague in Great Britain.

It wasn't construced by him, we've used "drittsekk" ever since the first
Vikings headed for Lindisfarne. Anyways, about dogs and cats, yeah, you
may kill and consume them, but we will still NOT mind, as it is not OUR
business what you eat.

:> their nest just outside my bedroom's window. They were chattering and were

:> very noisy. (I could just as well go to my job). Let's get rid of all of
:> them. :-| Let's vote for a silent spring!

Yeah, and why don't we go all the way, like bloody US of Amerika, and
start invading alien countries who annoys us. Killing humans seems not
to be a problem to you!

There is a major difference between harvesting from the ocean, and
running around killing everything that moves..

Torstein Jensen

Apr 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/19/96
[hon...@www.uio.no (Geir Hongro)]

[...]

I agree. It's the law of the jungle. To get meat you have to kill animals
lower in the biological 'circle'.

: What is the point is whales have no more rights to live than any

: other animals and that makes all the protests against Norwegian
: whaling ridiculous.

Ehhhrm. Human beings are just as much animals as others. That is no argument.

Torstein
--
tors...@sid.hiof.no (URL: http://www-ia.hiof.no/~torstein)
----- /// -----

Evita

Apr 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/20/96
Geir Hongro <hon...@www.uio.no> wrote:

>paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran) wrote:

>>Stardate 12 Apr 1996 21:05:47 GMT, john jordahl wrote in no.alt.flame:
>>:> Stephan DeGrace wrote:
>>
>>:> I have been watching the discussion about dolphins and Paal Ditlevsen
>>:> Ekran's hunger.
>>
>>This discussion isn't about my hunger, but about my right to harvest
>>what the ocean gives us.

>And by the way: It was ME who started it.

>Kill The Whales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ocean GIVES us nothing, you idiot. Just admit you're taking from
it.

Robert Vannoy

Apr 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/20/96
paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran) wrote:

>Stardate 12 Apr 1996 21:05:47 GMT, john jordahl wrote in no.alt.flame:
>:> Stephan DeGrace wrote:

>:> I have been watching the discussion about dolphins and Paal Ditlevsen
>:> Ekran's hunger.

>This discussion isn't about my hunger, but about my right to harvest
>what the ocean gives us.

>[flamage removed ]

>:> did, Paal is violating a lot of peoples emotions with his pronouncements.
>:> He shouldn't do so.

>Why? What about my emotions? What about my traditions? Just because you
>think it is alright to slaugther cows, what right would that give me to

>try stopping you??? And let me tell you another thing! I know a lot of
>Dolphins who have a heck of a better life than you misserable inprisoned
>COWS!!!

>:> seals and the whales and shows more concern for them than for human

>:> beings. That attitude may provoke some people in Norway.

>Well, at least they earn they living by doing so. [ Ref: Green Peace and
>that Watson guy - Sea Shepeard or watever ]

>And I think it is riddiculus when people start yelling about my eating

>habbits when they're so narrow-minded they can't even gaze down to their
>own dish [ MacBurger, whatever ] - did all you fanatics know how much
>better and nutrious whale meat is instead of meat from cows, pigs and
>sheep?

>--

> ###### # ## ## ## # # #
> ## ## ## # ## ## ##
> ## #### ### ## ### #### ### ## ## ## ## # ## ### ###
> ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ### ## ## # ## ##
> ## ## ## ##### ## #### ##### ## ## ## ## ### ## ## # ## ##
> ## ## ## ## ## # ## ## ## ### ## #### ## ## # ####
> ## ## ## #### ##### #### #### ## # ## ## ## ## ## # ##
> ###
>vim:noai:nosi:wm=8:nobk

I don't see a problem with killing dolphins or any other animal for
food except if doing so will make the animal extinct. Should there
not be some sort of limit to the killing? I think that this issue is
why most people are against killing whales and dolphins, not because
it's bad meat or good meat.

rva...@dylan.unm.edu

David S. Eitelbach

Apr 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/20/96
In <4labbf$j...@lynx.unm.edu> rva...@dylan.unm.edu (Robert Vannoy) wrote:

> I don't see a problem with killing dolphins or any other animal for
> food except if doing so will make the animal extinct. Should there
> not be some sort of limit to the killing? I think that this issue is
> why most people are against killing whales and dolphins, not because
> it's bad meat or good meat.

They are limiting the killing. The Norwegian whalers take only a few
hundred animals out of a stock comprising around 70,000 minkes locally and
the better part of a million worldwide. They regulate the hunting quota by
stock size and try to err on the side of caution. By contrast, the Native
American hunt in Alaska takes 50-60 bowheads out of a severely depleted
stock of around 7,500. Probably sustainable, but far more of a push.

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Apr 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/20/96
Stardate Sat, 20 Apr 1996 10:33:34 GMT, Robert Vannoy wrote in no.alt.flame:
:> paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran) wrote:

:> I don't see a problem with killing dolphins or any other animal for
:> food except if doing so will make the animal extinct. Should there

atleast we agree on something, then.

:> not be some sort of limit to the killing? I think that this issue is

:> why most people are against killing whales and dolphins, not because
:> it's bad meat or good meat.

Who told you that the Minkie whales were endangered? Another thing that
I think should be considered. Here in Norway we hunt whales with
approved harpoons with explosives in their tip, whilst the US research
hunters use spears and therefore the animals are suffering more than
they would if they used proper equipment.

CouncilOf3

Apr 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/20/96
Paal Ditlefsen Ekran wrote:

> Stardate 17 Apr 1996 18:23:48 GMT, John Jordahl wrote in no.alt.flame:
> :> Geir Hongro <hon...@www.uio.no> wrote:
>
> :> the Whales!!!!!!!" I'am impressed of the radical and intelligent thinking

> :> you are revealing. But why so unfinished? Your contribution to the human
> :> progress will be considerable increased if you join me in the still more
> :> radical and intelligent slogan, kill all animals!!!! :->
>
> You must understand that Geir's mother was killed by an Orca here last
> autumn, and since there he's had this opsession that every whale must be
> killed.
>
> :> neighbour (have only two) has a dog, and it's barking and chasing my first
> :> neighbours cat. And it is shiting at my yard and close to my doorstep,
> :> what a "shitbag". (The expression is constructed by the Norwegian minister
> :> of environmental affairs to characterise his colleague in Great Britain.
>
> It wasn't construced by him, we've used "drittsekk" ever since the first
> Vikings headed for Lindisfarne. Anyways, about dogs and cats, yeah, you
> may kill and consume them, but we will still NOT mind, as it is not OUR
> business what you eat.
>
> :> their nest just outside my bedroom's window. They were chattering and were
> :> very noisy. (I could just as well go to my job). Let's get rid of all of
> :> them. :-| Let's vote for a silent spring!
>
> Yeah, and why don't we go all the way, and

> start invading alien countries who annoys us. Killing humans seems not
> to be a problem to you!
>
> There is a major difference between harvesting from the ocean, and
> running around killing everything that moves..
>
> vim:noai:nosi:wm=8:nobk

And just what do you mean by "like bloody US of Amerika"? BTW, it's
"America".

John Jordahl

Apr 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/21/96
Geir Hongro <hon...@www.uio.no> wrote:

>Yeah! Cool!

>On the other hand I can't see the reason why we should kill
>animals we don't need to kill. I meat animals are our food,
>clothes and so on, but there is no reason to kill them if we are
>not going to eat them etc.
>

>What is the point is whales have no more rights to live than any
>other animals and that makes all the protests against Norwegian
>whaling ridiculous.

Yeah! Cool!

On the other hand I can't see the reason why we should kill
animals we don't need to kill. I meat animals are our food,
clothes and so on, but there is no reason to kill them if we are
not going to eat them etc.

Yes, I agree to that. But there is a need to emphasise one important
aspect of this matter. We do not own the animals, we have the right to
harvest, that is to kill animal for food, clothes and so on. We don't
have the right to annihilate one or more species. That's a big difference.

When you are saying: Kill the whales!! Don't you think that you are giving
the impression to a lot of people that we Norwegians are bloodthirsty and
don't care about wiping out all whales? May a bit more nuanced and
accurate language would be more useful for getting understanding for
Norwegian whaling, or maybe you don't care a shit about it, just wanting
to provoke?

Regards from North Norway :-)

John Jordahl

Apr 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/21/96
paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran) wrote:

>There is a major difference between harvesting from the ocean, and
>running around killing everything that moves..

Yes, harvesting, that's the word. But your philosophy seems to be:
"If I want to eat it,
I have the right to beat it?"

And you are persistently claiming that this discussion isn't concerning
about your hunger!!!? :>

>You must understand that Geir's mother was killed by an Orca here last
>autumn, and since there he's had this opsession that every whale must be
>killed.

I'm terrible sorry for Geir who lost his mother in such a tragic way,
eaten by a killer whale!! What a destiny! Although the lady shouldn't have
done that deep-sea diving wearing a swimsuit made of seal-gut yerking
and wailing like a whale, oh sorry a seal of course! :> She had been to
much influenced by those Californian folks who do all that swimming with
dolphins. She must have forgotten that the kind of killer whales that live
in the fresh water ponds in central Southeastern parts of Norway are a
specific dangerous kind. I thought the correct word for it was PIKE, but
maybe I'm wrong. :-]

John

James Lanier

Apr 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/21/96
m <4kuhnn$i...@nms.telepost.no> <BLGqvOl....@delphi.com>
Bill Levinson (wlev...@delphi.com) wrote:
: Geir Hongro <hon...@www.uio.no> writes:
:
: >And by the way: It was ME who started it.
: >
: >Kill The Whales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:
: AHA! A TROLL!

: wegies whas hapning. why u so wrapped up about eating whales. U
hungry.cafe. Huh? N my country we hunt humans in subways. Leave em for
the cock roaches . Plenty to eat.

John Jordahl

Apr 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/21/96
paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran) wrote:

>Yeah, and why don't we go all the way, like bloody US of Amerika, and

>start invading alien countries who annoys us. Killing humans seems not
>to be a problem to you!

It seems to me that you have a hatred to the USA. A lot of growing up,
young people before you have expressed the same attitude to America. I
remember during the days of the Soviet Union young students like you
expressed the same hostility to the USA and were turning to the Soviet
Union for an example. Later some left-wing politicians were looking to
China and later Albania. Do you remember what they said: Albania is a
lighthouse to the Western World!!

America is a superpower and have the power to do good things as well as
bad. And like all other countries they are doing mistakes, sometimes
severe mistakes. But you should know that once upon a time we in Norway
lost our freedom because we were invaded by an European superpower. By
that time it was good for us to have a big brother "over there" to help us
to get our freedom back.

Be glad Norway is a small country with small possibilities of making
mistakes that causes really big consequences to the rest of the world. Or
do you really believe that we are better than anyone else?

Greetings
John

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Apr 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/21/96
Stardate 21 Apr 1996 11:39:51 GMT, John Jordahl wrote in no.alt.flame:
:> paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran) wrote:

:> Union for an example. Later some left-wing politicians were looking to

:> China and later Albania. Do you remember what they said: Albania is a
:> lighthouse to the Western World!!

Blind fool - sounds like you mistook me for a commie.. The problem isn't
the American system. After all a Republic system would work under the
right conditions, but things has gotten out of hands whilst Amerika runs
around pretending to be world police.

:> lost our freedom because we were invaded by an European superpower. By

:> that time it was good for us to have a big brother "over there" to help us
:> to get our freedom back.

That's baloney-bullshit.. The aid came from the east, US never landed
their troops on Norwegian soil, the Commies did. Anyways, we are talking
about two different things there. There is a major difference between
helping a country that has been invaded, and invading a country to
participate in a peculiar side of a war.

:> Be glad Norway is a small country with small possibilities of making

:> mistakes that causes really big consequences to the rest of the world. Or
:> do you really believe that we are better than anyone else?

Again you're dragging the discussion away from its origin. Some certain
Amerikans were claiming here that Norway was a bad country because we
were killing whales - I drew a comparison to the US policy of invading
whatever country it feels like.. I am more pro-US than you'll ever know,
it's just that on this issue they've got no support from me.

--
###### # ## ## ## # # #
## ## ## # ## ## ##

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Apr 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/21/96
Stardate Sat, 20 Apr 1996 21:16:55 -0700, CouncilOf3 wrote in no.alt.flame:
:> Paal Ditlefsen Ekran wrote:

:> > There is a major difference between harvesting from the ocean, and

:> > running around killing everything that moves..

:> > vim:noai:nosi:wm=8:nobk
:> And just what do you mean by "like bloody US of Amerika"? BTW, it's

I mean that USA is a country that more than any others has caused
blodshred.

:> "America".

Only in English.

David S. Eitelbach

Apr 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/21/96
In <4le8rp$k...@news.uit.no> paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran)
wrote:

> Stardate 21 Apr 1996 11:39:51 GMT, John Jordahl wrote in no.alt.flame:
> :> paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran) wrote:
>
> :> Union for an example. Later some left-wing politicians were looking to
> :> China and later Albania. Do you remember what they said: Albania is a
> :> lighthouse to the Western World!!
>

> Blind fool [...]

You are offensive.

> :> lost our freedom because we were invaded by an European superpower. By
> :> that time it was good for us to have a big brother "over there" to help us
> :> to get our freedom back.
>
> That's baloney-bullshit.. The aid came from the east, US never landed
> their troops on Norwegian soil, the Commies did. Anyways, we are talking
> about two different things there. There is a major difference between
> helping a country that has been invaded, and invading a country to
> participate in a peculiar side of a war.
>
> :> Be glad Norway is a small country with small possibilities of making
> :> mistakes that causes really big consequences to the rest of the world. Or
> :> do you really believe that we are better than anyone else?
>
> Again you're dragging the discussion away from its origin. Some certain
> Amerikans were claiming here that Norway was a bad country because we
> were killing whales - I drew a comparison to the US policy of invading
> whatever country it feels like.. I am more pro-US than you'll ever know,
> it's just that on this issue they've got no support from me.

They don't get any support from me either, but it will be because of
thoughtful, reasonable people like Mr. Johrdahl that we Americans learn to
change our minds and may work to get the government to change its course.

That's what woke me up. Not jackasses like you pissing on my country.

David S. Eitelbach

Apr 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/21/96
In <4le8ue$k...@news.uit.no> paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran)
wrote:

> I mean that USA is a country that more than any others has caused
> blodshred.

You undoubtedly are basing this on some numbers. Could we see them?

CouncilOf3

Apr 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/21/96
Paal Ditlefsen Ekran wrote:

> Stardate Sat, 20 Apr 1996 21:16:55 -0700, CouncilOf3 wrote in no.alt.flame:
> :> Paal Ditlefsen Ekran wrote:
>
> :> > There is a major difference between harvesting from the ocean, and
> :> > running around killing everything that moves..
> :> > vim:noai:nosi:wm=8:nobk
> :> And just what do you mean by "like bloody US of Amerika"? BTW, it's
>
> I mean that USA is a country that more than any others has caused
> blodshred.

Oh, this is rich. Say... hmmm, more than Nazi Germany, Stalin's Russia,
China, Rowanda?

> :> "America".
>
> Only in English.

You were responding in English, idiot!

Robert Vannoy

Apr 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/22/96
paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran) wrote:

>Stardate Sat, 20 Apr 1996 10:33:34 GMT, Robert Vannoy wrote in no.alt.flame:
>:> paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran) wrote:

>:> I don't see a problem with killing dolphins or any other animal for
>:> food except if doing so will make the animal extinct. Should there

>atleast we agree on something, then.

>:> not be some sort of limit to the killing? I think that this issue is
>:> why most people are against killing whales and dolphins, not because
>:> it's bad meat or good meat.

>Who told you that the Minkie whales were endangered? Another thing that
>I think should be considered. Here in Norway we hunt whales with
>approved harpoons with explosives in their tip, whilst the US research
>hunters use spears and therefore the animals are suffering more than
>they would if they used proper equipment.

I never said that one particular species was extict. I was expressing
a concern that some people, maybe not you or anyone you know, kills
animals until thier isn't enough of them to repopulate the species.
I'm also not concerned with the way these animals are killed, but the
method you describe above that the Norwegains (Sorry if the spelling
is incorrect) use is more humane than the latter.

Robert

>--
> ###### # ## ## ## # # #
> ## ## ## # ## ## ##
> ## #### ### ## ### #### ### ## ## ## ## # ## ### ###
> ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ### ## ## # ## ##
> ## ## ## ##### ## #### ##### ## ## ## ## ### ## ## # ## ##
> ## ## ## ## ## # ## ## ## ### ## #### ## ## # ####
> ## ## ## #### ##### #### #### ## # ## ## ## ## ## # ##
> ###

Paal Ditlefsen Ekran

Apr 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/22/96
:> > :> Paal Ditlefsen Ekran wrote:

:> > I mean that USA is a country that more than any others has caused

:> > blodshred.
:> Oh, this is rich. Say... hmmm, more than Nazi Germany, Stalin's Russia,
:> China, Rowanda?

Atlest they did it in their own country.

:> You were responding in English, idiot!

So, responding in English makes me an idiot?? Interesting.. In Norwegian
it's written Amerika, and since we were there before Columbus. I am just
using my right to name the country.

James Lanier

Apr 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/22/96
m.com> <4kfeph$b...@news.uit.no> <4ki29i$9...@storm.cycor.ca> <4kmgjb$o...@news.dax.net> <4krpfb$9...@news.uit.no> <4kuhnn$i...@nms.telepost.no> <4l3cvk$k...@news.dax.net> <4l62e6$j...@news.uit.no>
[...]

: Kill 'em all and let God sort them out --people that is...
: --

David S. Eitelbach

Apr 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/22/96
In <4lfvq8$3...@news.uit.no> paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen Ekran)
wrote:

> Stardate Sun, 21 Apr 1996 16:53:16 -0700, CouncilOf3 wrote in no.alt.flame:

> :> Paal Ditlefsen Ekran wrote:
> :> > Stardate Sat, 20 Apr 1996 21:16:55 -0700, CouncilOf3 wrote in no.alt.flame:
> :> > :> Paal Ditlefsen Ekran wrote:
>
> :> > I mean that USA is a country that more than any others has caused
> :> > blodshred.
> :> Oh, this is rich. Say... hmmm, more than Nazi Germany, Stalin's Russia,
> :> China, Rowanda?
>
> Atlest they did it in their own country.

Did they?

Where are my numbers, by the way?

> :> You were responding in English, idiot!
>
> So, responding in English makes me an idiot?? Interesting.. In Norwegian
> it's written Amerika, and since we were there before Columbus. I am just
> using my right to name the country.

In American English, spelling it with a "k" is done almost exclusively to
add a fascist element to the word. When you decide to mix together strange
ingredients, you should know beforehand what you are doing. As someone has
written to me, there is always the risk of being unintentionally funny
speaking in a foreign language, a fact I know all too well. There is also
the danger of being unintentionally rude or insulting. That you would try
to justify doing so in terms of your Viking heritage is interesting.

CouncilOf3

Apr 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/22/96
Paal Ditlefsen Ekran wrote:

> Who told you that the Minkie whales were endangered? Another thing that
> I think should be considered. Here in Norway we hunt whales with
> approved harpoons with explosives in their tip, whilst the US research
> hunters use spears and therefore the animals are suffering more than
> they would if they used proper equipment.

Hey Paaaaaaaaaaaaal, Sounds like you're into big harpoons with
explosive tips! You a HOMO or what?

Mandy Macleman

Apr 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/22/96
In article <317bdaac...@165.113.1.21>, "David S. Eitelbach"
<dse...@crl.com> writes
Just want you all to know that I've just put this thread in my kill
file!
I though this newsgroup was for people who cared about dolphins!
--
Mandy Macleman

Simen Gaure

Apr 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/23/96
In article <4le8rp$k...@news.uit.no>, paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen
Ekran) wrote:

Stardate 21 Apr 1996 11:39:51 GMT, John Jordahl wrote in no.alt.flame:

:> lost our freedom because we were invaded by an European superpower. By
:> that time it was good for us to have a big brother "over there" to help us
:> to get our freedom back.

That's baloney-bullshit.. The aid came from the east, US never landed
their troops on Norwegian soil, the Commies did.

Assuming we talk about WWII, the aid came from the united allied
forces. It is true that northern Norway was liberated by the Red Army.
(I'm sure John Jordahl, depending slightly on how far north in Norway
he lives, may tell us stories of how the Germans destroyed and burned
houses and food during one of the harshest winters of this century
while fleeing from the superior Red Army. And how the Red Army
was welcomed as liberators, and how the Red Army, unlike in other
parts of Europe, retreated back home, and how this lead to a positive view
of the Soviet Union in that region during almost the entire cold war.)
But, this would never have been possible without a major cooperative
effort on other fronts, including Britain, the US, and even the
Norwegian merchant fleet and its voluntary crew (the world's biggest
merchant fleet at that time, and of paramount importance in shipping
supplies across the Atlantic from the land of freedom.)

So much for a history lesson.

--
Simen Gaure, Department of Mathematics, University of Oslo

Simen Gaure

Apr 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/23/96
In article <4lfvq8$3...@news.uit.no>, paa...@stud.cs.uit.no (Paal Ditlefsen

Ekran) wrote:

So, responding in English makes me an idiot?? Interesting.. In Norwegian
it's written Amerika, and since we were there before Columbus. I am just
using my right to name the country.

You're doing much more than that, you arrogant twit.
Remember a couple of years ago, an American movie, I think it was
called "Amerika 2130" (or something). It was about
the US taken over by a fascist or communist government or something
disagreeable.
Did you watch it?
I didn't, but I noticed the orginal title used the
spelling "Amerika", not "America". While "correct" spelling
is not a predominant feature of Americans, at least not
for us who are brought up with British English in early primary school,
I found it quite odd that a movie maker shouldn't be able
to spell the name of his own country. So I asked someone
who knew more about the English language. Surprise, the spelling
"Amerika" has very unpleasant connotations for Americans.

An exercise:
Next time you discuss in English with a person from Poland
(a "Polakk" in standard Norwegian), try referring to him as a "Polak"
rather than a "Pole".
Or try calling a black person a "negro" or "boy", or a Muslim a "Mohammedan".
You may even mess it up by calling an Egyptian "Egyptian" or an Irishman
"British".
When in Greece, you will meet hostility by referring to the former
Yugoslav region Macedonia as "Macedonia".
In certain parts of southern Europe you will offend people by showing them
both your palms (meaning you're figuratively pushing manure
over them), in certain parts of Africa you will offend people
by pointing at them with your fingers crossed (meaning that his
father is sexually twisted). In most parts
of the US and Europe you will offend people by showing them an
upwards pointing finger. In certain Arabic countries you will
appear as a boor if you form a circle ("splendid!") with your fingers
in front of women.

Things may have a different meaning in other cultures and languages.
When communicating you ought to be aware of that.

It is loading more messages.