Qualities and Bullying

Ilya Shambat

Aug 12, 2022, 8:14:48 PM8/12/22
When I was a child I hated sports and exercise. Now I do tons of exercise and am in a better shape than most people my age. The reason for this is that, when I was a child, these things were being forced on me, whereas now I choose them willingly, and it has been for the better.

The same has been the case with personal qualities, such as humility. They were being taught in a very bullying way, and I identified these qualities with the bullying behavior and turned against them. As an adult I am choosing to have these qualities, willingly, for reasons of self-improvement.

People need to learn better ways of teaching such qualities, where they are not being taught in a bullying manner but engage the mind of the child to convince them why they are good.