I accidently marked all articles as read

已查看 0 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Jay Hauben

未读,
2021年8月13日 17:42:582021/8/13
收件人

How do I mark articles in this group "unread"? My newsreader is
Microplanet Gravity 3.0.4

Thanks

Rayner Lucas

未读,
2021年8月13日 20:40:552021/8/13
收件人
In article <MPG.3b80b1678...@144.76.35.252>, jrh29
@columbia.edu says...

> How do I mark articles in this group "unread"? My newsreader is
> Microplanet Gravity 3.0.4
>
> Thanks

You can mark articles or threads as "unread" by right-clicking on them
in the thread pane and selecting "Mark as > Unread" or "Mark thread as >
Unread".

If you can't see the article/thread in the thread pane any more, you may
need to go to the Newsgroup menu, click the "Filter display..." option,
and select "All articles".

If you've completely lost track (or it's been a while and Gravity no
longer has the headers of the read articles cached on your machine), you
can also go to the Newsgroup menu, select "Properties...", and set the
"Highest read server article" slider back a way. That way, next time
Gravity connects to the news server, it will fetch every article from
that point onwards as if it were new.

Microplanet Gravity has some useful features and is friendlier than some
newsreaders, but it's a bit un-intuitive in places, especially while
you're still figuring out how to set it up to your liking.

Regards,
Rayner

Jay Hauben

未读,
2021年8月13日 21:28:432021/8/13
收件人
In article <MPG.3b81216f8...@news.eternal-september.org>,
usenet...@magic-cookie.co.ukNOSPAMPLEASE says...
> If you can't see the article/thread in the thread pane any more, you may
> need to go to the Newsgroup menu, click the "Filter display..." option,
> and select "All articles".

Thanks again Rayner.

I went to the Newsgroup menu, clicked the "Filter display..." option,
and selected "All articles". And the headers were back.

But I do not know what I did that made them go away. I suppose with
patience and trial and error most things get figured out. But mostly
with a little help from friends.

Rayner Lucas

未读,
2021年8月14日 14:46:262021/8/14
收件人
In article <MPG.3b80e6494...@144.76.35.252>, jrh29
@columbia.edu says...
I'm not sure; there's a "mark all articles read" button but it prompts
for confirmation when I try it. Glad to hear you've got the articles
back now, anyhow. Happy to help out where I can.

0 个新帖子