Sunshine on a sunny day

The Joy of Bex

Apr 6, 2002, 7:15:09 AM4/6/02
Hmm, it's sunny but I can't really go anywhere as I have no one to go with.

B xx

Nicholas Jackson

Apr 6, 2002, 10:53:36 AM4/6/02
scripsit The Joy of Bex ...

>Hmm, it's sunny but I can't really go anywhere as I have no one to go with.

Then go somewhere on your own. Pop out for a bike ride for a couple of
hours. Or go and fly a kite for the afternoon. Or find something else
nice to do on this sort of sunny and windy afternoon.

Because if you stay in, miss the nice weather, and generally mope about
the flat feeling miserable solely because you feel awkward going out on
your own, then They have won.

And we simply can't afford to let Them win, now can we?

nicholas

--
You're my wife now, Dave...

Rutherford

Apr 6, 2002, 5:59:59 PM4/6/02
On Sat, 6 Apr 2002, The Joy of Bex wrote:
> Hmm, it's sunny but I can't really go anywhere as I have no one to go with.

Hmmm. We seem to be in antiphase. For once, I actually went out for
lunch/walk with a bunch of friends (cheers for turning up to my party,
guys, BTW) then randomly bumped into someone I really like and ended up
spending the entire afternoon and evening lounging around in their
conservatory/living room feeling strangely content.

Oh well, back to Mock Tudor Suburbia, then...

Fuck it, I'm moving outta here. I'm sick of living in the middle of Lower
Boringly. Anyone want a room for 400 quid a month in Reading? :-P

And moreover, raaaaaaaaaa.

--
Simon Heywood
http://www.simonheywood.org.uk/

The Joy of Bex

Apr 9, 2002, 2:19:09 PM4/9/02

"Nicholas Jackson" <ma...@csv.warwick.ac.uk.remove> wrote:
> scripsit The Joy of Bex ...

> >Hmm, it's sunny but I can't really go anywhere as I have no one to go
with.
> Then go somewhere on your own. Pop out for a bike ride for a couple of
> hours. Or go and fly a kite for the afternoon. Or find something else
> nice to do on this sort of sunny and windy afternoon.

Na, I went to Snalbans. Because it is fab.

Bex

Nicholas Jackson

Apr 9, 2002, 6:30:11 PM4/9/02
scripsit The Joy of Bex ...
>"Nicholas Jackson" <ma...@csv.warwick.ac.uk.remove> wrote:
>> scripsit The Joy of Bex ...
>> >Hmm, it's sunny but I can't really go anywhere as I have no one to go
>> >with.
>> Then go somewhere on your own. Pop out for a bike ride for a couple of
>> hours. Or go and fly a kite for the afternoon. Or find something else
>> nice to do on this sort of sunny and windy afternoon.
>
>Na, I went to Snalbans. Because it is fab.

That's the spirit. The point is not to mope around at home going ``Oh
I wish I had someone else with me so that I'd be entitled to go out and
enjoy the nice weather'', but rather to say ``It's my weather too, I'm
jolly well going to enjoy it''.

nicholas

--
We love you; that is why we are here.