Password reply form

plateshutoverlock

Nov 18, 2020, 10:43:27 PM11/18/20
STANDARD WEAK PASSWORD REPLY FORM

Passwords are weak because

[] The human mind can store very few passwords like "iGDjgGc@!Q04#Gs"
[] everybody including their dog requires a password for people to user their site
[] People don't like having to remember
which unique password goes to what
[] And people really hate being forced to frequently change their passwords
\_and if you force this, passwords written on Post-It notes will be taped to every computer monitor in your office
[] Some people can't be arsed to change the default "12345"
[] All of the above

Password 'wallets' are a half assed solution because

[] Lack of portability between browsers/platform
[] everything is an app these days
[] It gives an attacker a nice big juicy target to get all of your passwords
\_and all of the encryption in the world is no guarantee of saftey, plus one master password unlocks all
[] All of the above

Also

[] Face/voice/fingerprint/DNA readers cock up at the worst possible time
[] Key fobs break/get lost/stolen
[] And let's face it, 100% unbreakable security will forever be a dream
[] All of the above

In closing

[] Give it up
[] Ask people to use reasonably strong passwords, but don't expect total compliance
[] Until we have brain print scanners with Ultra Super Duper Quantum Subspace H/\Xx0r proof paths to/from computers 100% sealed in a boulder of epoxy loaded with explosive booby traps, we will always deal with some level of security risk.

Hea Ingel

Oct 31, 2023, 8:44:48 PM10/31/23
I am 10000000000000000000000000 faster in thinking compared to You !!!!!!!!!!!