Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Usenet newsgroup alt.astrology.metapsych

Lits O'Hate

Jul 24, 2021, 5:12:17 AM7/24/21
Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Usenet newsgroup
alt.astrology.metapsych

1. Where can I find the charter for alt.astrology.metapsych?

The charter can be found at any of these web sites:

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Bunker/9669/
http://www.microserve.com/~dave/aam_charter.html
http://www3.iconz.co.nz/bill/officialaamcharter.htm
http://members.aol.com/macabrus/officialaamcharter.html
http://www.databasix.com/officialcharters/alt/astrology/metapsych/charter.
html
http://www.xs4all.nl/~oracle/ed-w-con.htm
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/astrology
http://www.smbtech.com/ed

2. What sorts of articles are on-topic in alt.astrology.metapsych?

As you can tell from the unfortunate name of this newsgroup, just
about anything is on-topic. Anything related to astrology is
on-topic. Anything related to any topic which starts with
"psych",
such as psychology, psychiatry, psychics, psychometry, psychosis,
or the psyche, is on-topic. Further, anything related to anything
which is "meta", or "above," any of those subjects, is on-topic.

As a matter of fact, many readers of alt.astrology.metapsych have
expressed the sentiment that *every* *single* Usenet article
should be cross-posted to alt.astrology.metapsych, except, of
course, those articles which violate the charter.

3. What sorts of articles are off-topic in alt.astrology.metapsych?

The only articles which are considered off-topic in this newsgroup
are those which violate the charter, specifically:

1) Advertisements of any sort.
2) JPEG's, GIF's, Animations, ASCII art, or other still
or motion based images.
3) Posting of notice of complaints of off-topicness simply
because of disagreement.
4) Those containing URL's to commercial websites.
5) Posts crossposted to more than five discussion groups.
6) Posts containing follow-ups set only to sender.
7) Posts containing follow-ups set only outside of this
newsgroup.
8) Canned screeds or boilerplate copy cannot be posted
more than once every six months.

4. Who is the owner of official overseer of alt.astrology.metapsych?

The Official Owner and Overseer of alt.astrology.metapsych is
Cujo. If you ever have any questions about what is appropriate
in the newsgroup, Cujo is the only person who can give you an
official answer.

5. Someone told me my article was off-topic in the group and
reported me to my ISP. Should I be worried?

Not at all. Since alt.astrology.metapsych is an un-moderated
group in the alt.* hierarchy, it is very unlikely that any ISP
would ever take action in response to a complaint of off-topic
posting in the group.

If the complaints become a problem, the best thing you can do is
refer your ISP to one of the charter URLs above. The best one is
this one:

http://www.smbtech.com/ed

Enjoy reading and (especially) posting to alt.astrology.metapsych!

"Orion is a star." -- Edmond Wollmann