Re: Airline ground crew member killed by engine of a jet at San Antonio International Airport

ESG

Jun 25, 2023, 3:05:03 AM6/25/23
The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in
news:smhrmb$kg0$1...@news.dns-netz.com:

> More employees hired using Kamala Harris qualification selection
> criteria. What could go wrong?

SAN ANTONIO — San Antonio International Airport officials are
investigating after the death of an airline ground crew member.

Firefighters and police officers responded to the incident at around 10:25
p.m. Friday night.

The NTSB said Saturday the worker went into the engine of a Delta Airlines
jet.

"Delta Flight 1111 was taxying to the gate, with one engine on at that
time, and a worker was ingested into that engine at 10:25 p.m," the NTSB
said in a statement. "The NTSB has been in contact with Delta. They are in
the information gathering process at this point."

The flight had just arrived from Los Angeles at the time.

KENS 5 has learned the worker was employed by a company that Delta
Airlines contracts with to support ground handling operations. The airline
said Saturday morning it was full supporting ongoing investigations. The
company released the following statement.

"We are heartbroken and grieving the loss of an aviation family member’s
life in San Antonio. Our hearts and full support are with their family,
friends and loved ones during this difficult time."

Also on Saturday, San Antonio airport officials released the following
statement:

"An accident occurred on the ground at San Antonio International Airport
(SAT) tonight that resulted in the fatality of an airline ground crew
member. We are deeply saddened by this incident and are working with
authorities as they begin their investigation. We will share more
information as details become available."

On Saturday afternoon Unifi Aviation released the following statement:

"Unifi Aviation is deeply saddened by the loss of our employee at San
Antonio International Airport during a tragic incident in the late hours
of Friday, June 23, 2023. Our hearts go out to the family of the deceased,
and we remain focused on supporting our employees on the ground and
ensuring they are being taken care of during this time.

From our initial investigation, this incident was unrelated to Unifi’s
operational processes, safety procedures and policies. Out of respect for
the deceased, we will not be sharing any additional information. While
police and other officials continue to investigate this incident, we defer
to them on providing further details."

This is a developing story and further details will be added as they are
received. Check back to this article for updates.

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/local/airport-investigating-after-
airline-ground-crew-member-dies-san-antonio-texas/273-6d2241c0-bd4b-46ed-
825f-f264e1cbc6c3