Boy am I GLAD

Truth Be Told

Dec 10, 2004, 8:03:04 PM12/10/04
I am no longer searching for birthfamily. With all these shutting down and
sealing up of records no telling how hard it would be to find these days.
Well you can thank people like Bernice Carpenter and her boootleg, bogus, free
Yahoo adoption search group for that. Stalking minor adoptees, posting
personal information and then people like Carla notifying the victims. It's
just a matter of time when the stop all non id. If it wasn't for non id I
wouldn't have made my find in 18 days. Thank God. Life is good I might add.

LuanneP

Dec 10, 2004, 8:15:43 PM12/10/04
>I am no longer searching for birthfamily. With all these shutting down and
>sealing up of records no telling how hard it would be to find these days.
>Well you can thank people like Bernice Carpenter and her boootleg, bogus,
>free

As a matter of fact, I am sure many recall the search on Bernice's group - the
case where a "nurse" named Janine Lay was pushed and encouraged by a
birthgrandmother named "Ginny" and Bernice and her moderators themselves to go
to the FL home where the "bgrandma's" minor grandchildren resided. The nurse
did do this and apparently, many problems came about because of this. "Grandma
Ginny" then joined a FL group and appealed again for someone else to go to the
home to approach her birth-grandchildren AGAIN even though problems evolved the
first time around when this occured. The adoptive mother was NOT happy and the
children because upset and confused.

UPDATE: I just found out that because of this specific case itself that state
of FL has decided they are giving out "too much" non-identifying information to
birthparents. At one time, birthparents in FL were able to find out the date
of actual relinquishment, the county and the name of the attorney
involved...well, thanks to Bernice's Group, "Grandma Ginny" and Ms. Lay, no
LONGER can a birthparent obtain this info.

I am glad that my search is over too! I feel very sorry for anyone who is
searching and feel as though this is only the tip of the iceberg. Thanks to
groups like "TheRe...@yahoogroups.com" (responsible for shutting down Sioux
City, IA records and setting back the CI system in that state) and Bernice's
groups, I'm afraid that soon, the whole US will be shutting down most of its
records which are currently public. We can soon say "Goodbye" to
marriage/divorce/death and DEFINITELY all birth records in the US in the near
future thanks to a huge lack of discretion on the internet.

As Lori pointed out earlier, even genealogists will be hurting. Very sad!

Truth Be Told

Dec 10, 2004, 8:33:31 PM12/10/04

Who can ever forget the famous Janine Lay Stalking incident where the afamily's
names and info was palstered all over Bernice's Group. Then Janine posts how
God led her to stalk the amother and minor children. At that point I realized
that Carla was behind the scenes working with Bernice. Every time I attempted
to post how wrong stalking an afamily was my posts would go through. But Carla
would call me and tell me the contents of my posts and how they were being
moderated. That is what really motivated me to come here. I was heated at what
was done to me but stalking people is just plain sick and to have people
encourage it is even sicker. Jaine Lay was even planning on meeting the minors
at a mall behind the amomma's back. How sick and criminal is that?

wendy

Dec 10, 2004, 8:51:53 PM12/10/04
Top Post
That really is a sick story. Why in the hell would you stalk anyone, let
alone minor children? Was anything done legally about this? I know states
have differing ages that you can search for adoptees, but isn't 18 the
youngest? What the hell goes through peoples heads? Really disgusting.
"LuanneP" <lua...@aol.comatose> wrote in message

wendy

Dec 10, 2004, 10:58:10 PM12/10/04

"Truth Be Told" <lips...@aol.com> wrote in message
> Wendy,
> I will be very happy to send you the post that was on Bernice Carpenter's
> group
> where Janine Lay brags about the stalking incidentand tells about what
> happened
> and how she approached the amother in her driveway saying she was there to
> represent the childrens "real mother'. Thios was said in front of a 10 yr
> old
> adoptee. Her post was followed by a bunch of kudos from other group
> members.
> This is one of the mailn reeasons why I first came to alt. Tpo warn other
> triad memebers about how Bernice was treating people.

Why is this pig still allowed to run an adoption registry? Weren't any
charges brought against her?? Feel free to send the email. I'd love to read
how proud they are of stalking a child.

Sjhamina

Dec 11, 2004, 2:14:02 AM12/11/04
Its a pretty disgusting letter. The woman totally disrupted an entire family
for her own selfish reasons. The fact the Bernice and company helped was even
more disgusting than Bernice's feces smelling coal miners shack.

Lori

Dec 11, 2004, 6:44:55 AM12/11/04
Wendy,
What Luanne and Donna M.. say is true about the case. I saw the posts
just before I left the group and had scanned the emails in digest where
they were slamming Donna M. for only wanting medical info. It was not
Bernice doing any of the work on helping her members. I had wondered why
when I came here and saw the posts from Donna M. and how angry she was
that I realized it was her that was getting a raw deal from members on
Bernice's group (for only wanting medical info) that I quit being a
member of that group period. The stalking of minor children was going on
at about the same time. I do remember the bgrandma begging for someone
to go to the amom's house and how proud the woman that did it was that
she had done it.

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 7:41:41 AM12/11/04
>The stalking of minor children was going on
>at about the same time. I do remember the bgrandma begging for someone
>to go to the amom's house and how proud the woman that did it was that
>she had done it.

The birthgrandma THEN joined a group called "FindingI...@yahoogroups.com"
and once again BEGGED someone to make a "return trip." When I and someone else
brought this to the attention of the group's owner and others on the group that
there were minor children involved in the search, we were BOOTED from the group
for "disrupting" it. On any group I've ever been on, anytime I've ever brought
someone's "attention" to the fact that something illegal is brewing, I've been
booted for it. People simply do NOT want to hear the truth. Then they sit
back, scratch their asses, and wonder why we are losing access to more and more
resources these days.....

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 7:37:45 AM12/11/04
>Why is this pig still allowed to run an adoption registry? Weren't any
>charges brought against her?? Feel free to send the email. I'd love to read
>how proud they are of stalking a child.

Wendy;

It's all about "power" when it comes to Bernice. She has no brains in her
head. Her only thing in life is being the "queen of adoption search groups"
and her wish in life is to one day own her own domain name. Bernice's own
birthmother has been found and several people have spoken with her. The
birthmother specifically told them that she wished to "keep that chapter in her
life closed." Obviously, very painful for her. Meanwhile, Bernice claims it
"cannot possibly be my birthmother" and tells others that she is still
searching!!

Bernice's group encouraged people to "help this birthgrandmother" and sent a
total stranger to the adoptive home where several of her minor grandchildren
resided - never MIND the fact that the birthgrandma LIVES in FL herself and
wouldn't go over there!!! She made someone else do her "dirty work". Where
WAS she when he grandchildren were relinquished??????

Bernice's group is also responsible for shutting down NC's record access when
Bernice turned in a searcher (her own friend Mary) in that state. Names, lists
of "possibilities" etc.., are posted to that very group all the time. Not just
Bernice's group, but several others as well. This is why in some states, we
are losing record access - no discretion used on groups! Nobody believes in
private email anymore, it seems. Search angels send any/all information
without even speaking to the party whose search is directly involved. (Those
"I'm a friend helping my friend search.") I once had a gal write to me and say
"Can you find my friend's birthmother? She is getting married and I want to
surprise her by having her BIRTHMOTHER THERE!!!" I then asked her "What if the
birhmother is found deceased or doesn't WANT to come to the wedding???" How
would you like it if YOUR friend went behind your back without your permission
to search for your birthmother to 'surprise you?' What is some dingbat search
angel then GAVE your friend the information on your birthmother????

Hope you see my point!

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 7:48:36 AM12/11/04
Here is the VERY email which was posted on this group September 17, 2003
regarding the minor search:

From: "Janine" <jl...@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:11 pm
Subject: HEY ALL--I WAS A SEARCH ANGEL FOR SOMEONE ELSE OUT OF STATE
AND I FOUND FOR HER

Hello, it's me, Janine Lay, birthmom iso son born 10/16/82 in Erie,
PA through Catholic Social Services. I am 39, single with no other
children, currently residing in St. Petersburg, FL.

I am so grateful for this group and our helping one another, and I
have to share this with you all. I volunteered to help a grandmother
of a child placed for adoption by this woman's daughter. The
grandma, "Gini" lives in GA and I live in FL. I live right near
Seminole, FL where Gini's grandson lives and I told her I would find
him for her. She wrote to me today with the address, full name (the
ammended one), the names of the Aparents, and their phone number. I
had all the info on his mom and family, DOB, place of birth, etc.

The boy, named Richard now, Mikey at birth, is 18. What happened was
there were four children that were all placed up for adoption by the
same woman, Gini's daughter. However, they were believed to be
separated and sent to different homes.

I don't know what came over me. I have been praying a lot lately,
trying to find my son and whatnot. I just got my nerve up and said
to myself, "What the heck----I'm going to just drive over to that
house and see if I can find him".

First, though, I called the house to see if I could catch him on the
phone. A young girl answered the phone and said he wasn't there,
could she take a message? I said, "No, I'm a friend of his, I'll
call later."

Then, I picked up my best friend for support, bought an instant
camera at Walgreen's for possible photos, got snacks, etc. (in case
of an unexpected stake-out!).

When I got to the house, no one was home, at least it looked like
it. I spoke to a neighbor across the street and asked about
Richard. She said, "I think he's away at college out of state".

Just then, a van pulled into the driveway----OH MY GOD----THE
ADOPTIVE MOM AND SOME LITTLE BOY!!! I freaked out, because I really
didn't want to run into her, just come face to face with the 18 yr.
old man in question.

My friend Gladys said, "Go ahead, just walk up to her---and give her
the letter! I'll go with you."

So, I did. I walked right up to her, thinking of Gini and how far
away she was and how long she'd been searching, and for all of us
mothers searching for our children----on behalf of all of us, I
walked right up to her.

I said, "Excuse me, are you Sheila Haverty"? She said, "Yes, and YOU
ARE"? Then, I became a blubbering fool, but not so bad.

I said, "Hi. My name is Janine and I am a registered nurse living
here in St. Petersburg. I am part of a large support group thats
each other find missing family members. I am acting as a mediary
for.....", then I stopped. Her little 12 yr old son was standing
there....I said,"Do you want me to say this in front of him? I am
here to talk about your son," Then the little one blurted out, "I'M
HER SON, DO YOU WANT TO TALK TO ME?" All excited.

I said, "No honey, actually, it's about Richard," and Sheila, the
Amom, said, "yes, WE'RE his family". The little one
said, "Richard?" Sheila said, "Rick", now, Matt, go in the house.

I said, "Actually, I'm here to speak of his other family, his real
family, the birthfamily, you know, before he was adopted?" Then she
started getting mad. I told her his grandmother wants to contact
him, she has been searching for him a long time. I am here to help
that happen.

She got angry and said, "You just walk up to someone right on the
street in front of their house and do this? Couldn't you have called
first? I mean, our number IS LISTED IN THE BOOK!" I told her, I did
call first. But, I wanted to make sure I wasn't intercepted or given
the run around. I asked her, "Your son DOES know he's adopted,
doesn't he?"

She said, "Yes, he's known all his life. I told him, when he's 18 if
he wants to find his family he is welcome to and I will welcome that
reunion with open arms". I said, "Well, it doesn't seem you're too
open right now. This isn't his birthmother, it's his grandmother.
And she lives in Georgia!" (Like, I don't know why I was trying to
lighten the threat to her, or whatever)

I apologized for being "so blunt and to the point by just barging in
on her life, and I added, "Can you please make sure this letter, from
his grandmother, gets to him?" It's very important.

I then stuck it in her hand! She said yes, and then told me "I think
the way you did this was VERY INAPPROPRIATE and it could've been
handled a different way."

I then drove away.

I was very angry at her and upset that she had such an
attitude....being that I am a birthmom and that is typically the kind
of reaction I know I am going to get, if I am interceded by the Amom.

I got home, immediately called Gini in GA. She was ecstatic. I
never heard so much excitement! She was crying. I told her, step by
step every detail. What the house looked like, the Amom, the little
boy. Gini got quiet. She said, "I just can't help thinking....did
you say blonde hair, and he was around 12 yrs. old?"

I said yeah. I think it was her son, though. She is blond, the kid
is blond. Didn't you say your grandson has dark brown hair? She
said, "Yeah, but I had asked the social worker back then, since they
were all placed at the same time, Karen, aged 17, Jennifer, aged 15,
and Vincent, aged 13---along with Richard or (Mikey), could she send
two of them together, if possible?"

Well, she never heard back from her. That was years ago.

Brace yourself girls.

In the middle of my phone call to Gini, a call beeps through.
Normally, I don't answer them, but this one I took. It was a young
girl. She said, "Is this Janine? My name is Krista Haverty. You
wrote a letter for Richard Haverty? Well, I just read the letter and
wanted to call you." I got so scared and thought I was in trouble
with the family and stuff. I said, "Yes, I was at the house today to
give him a letter from his grandmother. How did you get that letter?
It was supposed to be for Richard only!"

She said, "I found it here on the counter, opened, so I read it. I
was reading all about myself----I said, what? You gotta be kidding
me, right?"

I said to Krista, "What are you talking about?"

She said, "I'm his sister."
I said, "You mean his adoptive sibling?"
"No, I AM HIS REAL SISTER, KAREN. SHEILA RENAMED ME, KARIN. All
four of us are here in the same family, we got sent here together!"

I about had a heart attack! Richard, (Mikey), Krista (Karen), and
the little one whom I had met today, Matt (Vincent) were all adopted
into the same family and I found them all! Except Jennifer, who is
still in Miami.

She is scared and wants to talk with me, first. She is excited to
talk with her grandmother and is happy she found the letter like
that. Her mom wasn't home. She told me she didn't know about it,
and could I please not say anything?

I said, "Hey honey, that's between you, your grandmother, and your
adopted mom. I am just so glad you all can finally know one another.
Is it o.k. if I call Gini back and tell her it's you?"
She said yes.

Just then the Amom walked in the door. Krista said, "I have to go,
she just got home. I am going to go have a talk with her about this.
Is it o.k. if I call you tomorrow?"

I said, yes. I just told her, "Keep your heart open and you will do
the right thing. I am just so happy I could help you find one
another."

She promised to give the letter to her brother tomorrow in school.
Apparently he is still in high school. Sheila is upset because of
family problems right now and Richard just moved out of the house.
That's why she was upset with me.

Whew! Some day, eh? Of course I called Gini back and she is sooooo
full of joy. She said she wished she could send me a million
dollars. She wants to give me a big hug! I just told her, it's
enough payment for me to know I helped bring you your family back
together. She wished someday she could help me find my son.

Tomorrow, the 17 year old, Krista, is going to call me. Per Gini, I
am to get a phone number, where, hopefully, all 3 can be near a
phone, and Gini wants to call her grandkids, for the first time in
16yrs......and tell them she loves them. Also, I am going to ask
them to meet me somewhere they're comfortable, and take some pics of
them to send to grandma in Georgia!

Wish us all luck!

Yee HAW! I know I haven't found my son, but it feels like it because
I made it happen with someone else. This is very, very healing and
comforting. And just think, she found a 18, 17, and 12 yr. old---
they are all so young!

Thanks to Sheila, too, for telling them all they were adopted, their
life stories and real birth names, and that they were o.k. to find
their mom someday if they wanted.

God bless her!

Janine

wendy

Dec 11, 2004, 12:04:36 PM12/11/04

"LuanneP" <lua...@aol.comatose> wrote in message

Hmm.....
Totally inappropriate. And I like the part about her thinking the adoptive
mother had an attitude. What an ass. She should consider herself lucky. If
that had been me she had confronted on my own property I would have kicked
her ass then had her arrested for trespassing. I understand all the feelings
of desperation (maybe that's not the right word, I apologize to any bparents
if it's the wrong word) bparents or bgrandparents must feel. But, if you
have 2 or more children that were adopted, you should wait until the
youngest one is of age. Period.
And this idiot was proud of herself? For staking out a home and then
confronting this woman while her child was there? Definately a no-no. She
had the choice to change her mind when she saw the kid with her. It all
sounds like a big fuck-up to me.

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 12:37:03 PM12/11/04
>Hmm.....
>Totally inappropriate. And I like the part about her thinking the adoptive
>mother had an attitude. What an ass.

Well, thanks to Janine, and Bernice Carpenter's group, the state of FL has now
decided that they sent birthparents 'too much' non-identifying information.
You know, I've warned various groups about information posted on their sites
only to get booted or slammed for "disrupting" the group itself. Now, this is
the kind of thing that shuts down/seals record access in many states, as it did
in FL.

This was NOT the end either, Wendy. Apparently "Grandma Gini" got some other
clueless fool to go BACK to the home a second time. That's apparently when the
adoptive mother got really upset!

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 12:38:19 PM12/11/04
>For staking out a home and then
>confronting this woman while her child was there? Definately a no-no. She
>had the choice to change her mind when she saw the kid with her. It all
>sounds like a big fuck-up to me.

I believe that Donna Marie was ON Bernice's group at the time this happened.
When she pointed out the fact that she didn't believe it was legal and that
perhaps it shouldn't be pursued, she was ousted from Bernice's group. Correct
me if I am wrong, DM.

Truth Be Told

Dec 11, 2004, 12:41:41 PM12/11/04
>From: "wendy" iminb...@hotmail.com
>Newsgroups: alt.adoption.searching
>Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 03:58:10 GMT

Wendy,
I guess Luanne beat me to it and posted it. That incident was thereason I was
booted off Bernice's group. I spoke my mind and told thm that not only was it
a sick thing to do ,it hurt people and it was illegal. They didn't like that I
didn't cheer Janine on so they moderated my posts and discussed them amongst
themselves. Carla would call me and report what they were doing as she was in
on it.

My Thong Stinks

Dec 11, 2004, 12:42:10 PM12/11/04
Don't forget that Carla McBrine called the adopted mother Sheila
Haverty and told her that she was an attorney who was investigating
this case of minor contact.

The Real Debbie Hill

Truth Be Told

Dec 11, 2004, 12:55:20 PM12/11/04
>From: kenne...@webtv.net (Lori)
>Newsgroups: alt.adoption.searching
>Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 06:44:55 -0500

Thank you Lori. I am glad someone remebers what triggered my anger enough to
come here and vent and warn people about the evils of Bernice Carpenter. In
case Wndy don't know the whole story I will try to make it brief. I was one
who never really had a dire need to search for bfamily but as I got older the
need for medical info was became an issue. In June of 2003 I was faced with
some medical problems which could have meant lots of sugery and testing. At
the time I was the primary care taker of an elderly mother with full blown
alzhiemers who I took care of at home and my family was in crisis over her
illness. A heartbreaking time for all. I really didn't want to have more
surgery as I am a 3 time cancer survivor and I was really needed at home. My
doctor suggested medical history because sometimes what I had could very well
have been genetic and treated in a different way. I decided to come online and
register on the MA registry. I was auto subbed to Bernices group and offered
free help. When they found out that a reunion/relationsip was not my number
one priority they refused to help me. In all fairness with the fragilty of my
family any kind or reunion would have been impossible and unfair. I need to
address my health issues first. I never ruled out a reunion, it just wasn't a
priority. At the same time as Lori said the stalking incident occured and I
became livid. The rest is history. Oh and I was befreinded by Carla McBrine
who would troll the registries and have Bernice auto sub newbies. That is a
whole different story.

wendy

Dec 11, 2004, 12:56:32 PM12/11/04

"LuanneP" <lua...@aol.comatose> wrote in message

I don't blame her for being upset. Once was bad enough, but to do it again?
Just because a 17 yr old girl stumbled upon the letter and called, doesn't
mean it should be pursued. Christ it was only a matter of months until the
girl was of age. It's no wonder the states are cracking down on the info
they give out. I feel bad for the adoptees searching in 5 yrs or so, when
they can't get any info at all.
BTW, your friend Bernice must still be reading these boards. She emailed me
last night.

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 1:00:21 PM12/11/04
>BTW, your friend Bernice must still be reading these boards. She emailed me
>last night.

Bernice doesn't MISS these boards...she lives for 'em. Ask Jules.

What did she say in her email? Enquiring minds want to know. LOL

wendy

Dec 11, 2004, 1:19:12 PM12/11/04

"Truth Be Told" <lips...@aol.com> wrote in message

Interesting. They didn't want to help you if you didn't want a reunion? Why?
Because it would look better for them to have reunited you? Doesn't make any
sense. A find is a find, right? Weird people. Sounds like you were better
off not having them help you. Especially if they promote stalking.

wendy

Dec 11, 2004, 1:21:56 PM12/11/04

"LuanneP" <lua...@aol.comatose> wrote in message

Hello Wendy,
I just wanted you to know that what they are saying about my old group
that they stole is not completely true at all. Now what they are talking
about was a completely private thing at the time. I can assure you that
NO MINOR searches were allowed to be posted when they were caught trying
to post them. At the time this happened there were 3 search angel that
were involved in that search and I was not one of them. In fact I asked
the ones involved if they were going to do this that they needed to take
in off the group. I will also tell you that one of the searchers was in
fact Luanne herself. She was helping 2 other searchers in this search
which was a Babbs and a Pam. Which are no longer on my group at all.
This was a setup on the group to try to bring it down then, just because
I would not let Luanne on the group to solicit. I have been getting
these post sent to me. I am not one bit upset. I have my husband`s
health that I have been dealing with and own no groups. I am an adoptee
myself that wishes I never heard the words adoption. This whole thing
has made searching a disgrace to be honest with you. No I have not found
and really having my doubts if I ever want to after the way Lu and gang
have done.
I just wanted you to know the true about this that DM is saying. I know
first hand how she works and have emails in private from her to me
trying to suck up.

Thanks for Listening
Bernice ( Not the person they Put me out to Be either, I am one that
cares for Others)

Truth Be Told

Dec 11, 2004, 1:35:49 PM12/11/04
>From: "wendy" iminb...@hotmail.com
>Newsgroups: alt.adoption.searching

>Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:19:12 GMT

Wendy,
When I was auo subbed I really thopugh ALIA (Bernice's Group) was a non profit
org and I was ready to make a donation. I had my checkbook ready when I met
Carla McBrine I was giving them $400.00. Then I realized it was nothing but a
free useless Yahoo group. Prior to searching I wasn't into the internet. I had
computers and access but they were just tax write offs and I knew little about
them much less Yahoo groups. I found on my own with no ones help. A very kind
social worker who sent my non id practically told me and left enough evidence
for me to know. I own nothing to anybody and the money I was sending to the
organization that helped me find went to Feed The Children's ABC Abandoned
Baby Center insted of some bogus Yahoo goup.

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 1:38:02 PM12/11/04
>Now what they are talking
>about was a completely private thing at the time. I can assure you that
>NO MINOR searches were allowed to be posted when they were caught trying
>to post them.

Bernice is a LIAR...there WAS a minor search on her group, you read the post
yourself, Wendy.

>At the time this happened there were 3 search angel that
>were involved in that search

Yes, and the ALL encouraged this nurse to go to the home of the minor
grandkids!! Bernice herself condoned this.

>I will also tell you that one of the searchers was in
>fact Luanne herself.

I was NOT involved. I have nothing to do with minor searches, I never have,
and I never will. She always lies, this Bernice..always.

>I would not let Luanne on the group to solicit. I

Wendy, I have never ever solicited anyone in my life. NEVER. Anybody who knows
me knows this well. I think Carla said it once...the "lies just flow out of
her mouth so freely, it's as if she believes them herself." Also, I am no
longer taking on any searches as I am currently working part-time away from
home. I don't think I will ever go back to doing searches again.

> I have my husband`s
>health that I have been dealing with and own no groups

More lies. She just sent someone an invite only last week. She owns a ton of
adoption-related groups.

>No I have not found
>and really having my doubts

Yes, she HAS found. The woman stated she was Bernice's birthmother and wished
to keep that "chapter of her life closed." Bernice has a difficult time
dealing with reality.

>I just wanted you to know the true about this that DM is saying. I know
>first hand how she works and have emails in private from her to me
>trying to suck up.

DM doesn't suck up to ANYONE and has nothing for Bernice but dislike and
contempt.

> ( Not the person they Put me out to Be either, I am one that
>cares for Others)

You ARE everything we make you out to be and then some. Your track record
speaks for itself, Big Bern!! Ask Cheryl, Barb, myself, Terry, or almost
anyone. They know Bernice.

Truth Be Told

Dec 11, 2004, 1:41:12 PM12/11/04
>From: "wendy" iminb...@hotmail.com
>Newsgroups: alt.adoption.searching

>Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:21:56 GMT
Bernice is full of shit Wendy. She called me a year ago blaming everything on
Carla. I told her never to call me again. I have an attorney if she should
bother me and her name is listed on some police reports form last March when
Carla harrassed my elderly father into a near heartattack. I came home from
visiting my sick mother to all kinds of emergency apparatus in front of my
home working on my dad. Bernice was the number one suspect but it was later
traced to Carla and Carla admitted it.

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 1:40:52 PM12/11/04
Somebody sent this to me privately. Bernice sent it to someone that she felt
was in the legal field and could "help her fight myself and Jules." <sigh> The
mentality of Bernice is just too much!!

Jules, did the white collar crime unit come knocking on your door?
--------------------------------------

Subj: Re: Some legal counsel
Date: 11/18/2004 11:32:36 PM Eastern Standard Time
From: berni...@webtv.net

Sent from the Internet (Details)

Hello,
I live in West Virginia and have been on the phone all afternoon
speaking with the WhiteCollarCrime Unit with the FBI. Now I am waiting
for an agent to contact me back over this as well.
Now the message that this Luanne left she was very aware that it was
recorded. She had called this friend and the friend was not home at the
time so Luanne did in fact leave the message knowing it was being
recorded. Only bad thing there is my friend`s grandson erased this
message when we needed it.
Now on the hacking, YES MSN has record of this and is willing to release
the file to any lawyer or law enforcement officer. And yes my husband`s
doctor`s will provide a statement that this was in fact the cause of his
heart attack. The stress from the harrassment was the cause of this
happening.
This Jules Hamina was once a moderator on the group before it was
deleted Dec 7 2003 by her and her friend Luanne Pruesne. You have seen
I am sure that Luanne and Jules openly admitted to doing the adoption
community a favor by doing this. And Luanne is the main leader
in this and Jules is second in command. Now I had removed Jules as a
moderator of the group because she actually cussed me out on instant
messenger for me not wanting anything to do with Luanne. I have had
nothing but problems since.
Now the location Jules is now in is Kentucky. I do not know where she
moved to in Kentucky though. All I know is she moved there from Arkansas
a few months ago and I do have her address where she lives while in
Arkansas so that may be able to help track her by finding a forwarding
address from there. And Luanne is in Bushnell, Florida a of last year.
Both of these women move quite a bit for some strange reason.
Let me know something here and I will let you know when I hear back from
the FBI about this as well.
Now I can ell you that they also told me to contact Florida`s police
about Luanne and Kentucky about Julie. I will be making calls tomorrow
to them as well.

Thanks
Bernice

Truth Be Told

Dec 11, 2004, 1:44:47 PM12/11/04
>From: lua...@aol.comatose (LuanneP)
>Newsgroups: alt.adoption.searching
>Date: 11 Dec 2004 17:38:19 GMT

This is true. In fact I would send out a post and 10 minutes later Carla would
call me and read the post to me saying that it wasn't going through.
Apparently they were all scared of the truth. Luanne had nothing to do with
that search or any search while I was on Bernice's group. She was considered
the "enemy" as were all paid professional searcher. Bernice was so jeaous of
Luanne that is all she couls talk about. If Bernice woke up with an ass ache
it was somehow Luanne's fault.

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 1:46:57 PM12/11/04
>Interesting. They didn't want to help you if you didn't want a reunion? Why?

At the time, DM was not sure what she wanted out of the reunion but she
definitely needed medical history! She was brand new to search and basically
was told by Bernice's group that there was "something wrong with her" if she
didn't want to have a "happy reunion" with her birthmother and extended family.
DM kept saying she was new to search, didn't know where to start, didn't know
what she really wanted out of a reunion thus far except that she knew she
needed medical history because of a battery of tests she was undergoing at the
doctor. They basically told her she was "nuts" for not wanting to have a big
fat happy reunion.

Not everybody wants that - some people just desire medical history and
CLOSURE!! Look at Bernice - she is in total denial that her birthmother was
even contacted. She refused to speak with the woman herself because she was
afraid to when the bmom told others that she had no desire to take a trip down
Memory Lane as far as Bernice went. Apparently Bernice feels her "Bmama
wouldn't do that" so refuses to accept that it was indeed her. Weird how some
people are....

wendy

Dec 11, 2004, 1:48:34 PM12/11/04

"Truth Be Told" <lips...@aol.com> wrote in message

Jesus that's alot of money. It's better off going to the kids than that
useless group. Can you imagine how you would have felt giving them the money
and THEN finding all this shit out? I'm sure heads would roll. LOL

wendy

Dec 11, 2004, 1:55:45 PM12/11/04

> Bernice is a LIAR...there WAS a minor search on her group, you read the
> post
> yourself, Wendy.

Yes, I did.

>>I will also tell you that one of the searchers was in
>>fact Luanne herself.

> I was NOT involved. I have nothing to do with minor searches, I never
> have,
> and I never will. She always lies, this Bernice..always.

I believe you.

>>I would not let Luanne on the group to solicit. I

> Wendy, I have never ever solicited anyone in my life. NEVER. I don't

> think I will ever go back to doing searches again.

I know you haven't. And it's a shame it came to that.

> More lies. She just sent someone an invite only last week. She owns a ton
> of adoption-related groups.

I believe this also.

> DM doesn't suck up to ANYONE

I can't imagine DM sucking up to Bernice. LOL

wendy

Dec 11, 2004, 2:01:23 PM12/11/04
OMG! That is too funny!
And she also implied that you must be up to something illegal since you move
so often.
So, you and Jules are some kind of crime syndicate that is so strong only
the FBI and the White Collar Crime Unit could bring you down????? LMFAO!
Jules and Luanne: The Adoption Mafia

"LuanneP" <lua...@aol.comatose> wrote in message

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 2:05:12 PM12/11/04
> Bernice was so jeaous of
>Luanne that is all she couls talk about. If Bernice woke up with an ass ache
>it was somehow Luanne's fault.

Apparently, she is STILL obsessed with me. I got a bunch of email forwarded to
me from some lawyer who thinks Bernice is absolutely pathetic!!

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 2:09:21 PM12/11/04
>Jesus that's alot of money. It's better off going to the kids than that
>useless group. Can you imagine how you would have felt giving them the money
>and THEN finding all this shit out? I'm sure heads would roll. LOL

There are other organizations that are FAR more deserving than any of these
stupid online Yahoo groups like Bernice's. I am sending money to the
non-profit group we got Paige from for Christmas. They rescue hundreds of dogs
every year.

A couple of years back, Bernice got her electricity shut off in the winter
time. One of her friends sent her money for a generator and the first thing
Bernice did was wrap herself in blankets and log into her web-tv. She NEVER
paid back the money to the kind and generous person (Terry) who loaned it to
her, still owing her to this very day. Nevermind the fact that Terry is
disabled herself and lives on a fixed income. Bernice HAD to get on her
web-tv...that was more important than turning on the heat in her home even.

wendy

Dec 11, 2004, 2:10:40 PM12/11/04

"LuanneP" <lua...@aol.comatose> wrote in message

Medical history is the most important reason to find. Reunion comes second.
That's why I searched for my mothers bfather. I wanted to make sure there
wasn't anything strange medically that I needed to know for my kids.
As for Bernices bmother. That's just weird. Why put all your energy into
searching for a figment of your imagination if the real deal is right there?
Strange.

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 2:13:04 PM12/11/04

>OMG! That is too funny!
>And she also implied that you must be up to something illegal since you move
>so often.

Huh? My husband and I own our own home. We bought in in December of 2001 and
have lived here since then. I don't intend to go anyplace anytime soon. She
thinks I move a lot? Well, we lived in a tiny house for a year when I first
moved down to FL from CA to be with my husband in 2000. We still own that other
house too. Steve and I got married in November 2001. We have a nice house on
five acres with a creek here in FL. Although we talk of moving to TN one day,
I don't think we will be moving anytime soon LOL! Jules moves a bit but that
is because of her husband's job which she has stated herself many times.

wendy

Dec 11, 2004, 2:12:31 PM12/11/04

"LuanneP" <lua...@aol.comatose> wrote in message

You gotta have priorities, right? LOL

Truth Be Told

Dec 11, 2004, 2:14:05 PM12/11/04
>From: "wendy" iminb...@hotmail.com
>Newsgroups: alt.adoption.searching

>Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:48:34 GMT
Oh they would have used it to send Ruthie (bmother of 8) on a prison trip to
meet one of her kids. That is another eye rollong story. Bear in mind these
incidents occurred in teh few weeks I was on that group. Imagine what it was
like befroe I got there.

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 2:18:01 PM12/11/04
>OMG! That is too funny!

>So, you and Jules are some kind of crime syndicate that is so strong only

>the FBI and the White Collar Crime Unit could bring you down????? LMFAO!
>Jules and Luanne: The Adoption Mafia

I know, Wendy...the mentality of that woman is just unbelieveable. Bernice
seems to believe her own lies. She won't post here anymore because nobody else
will stand up and defend her lying ass here, yet she is an avid reader of alt.
She never misses it.

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 2:21:50 PM12/11/04
>Oh they would have used it to send Ruthie (bmother of 8) on a prison trip to
>meet one of her kids

You left out the BEST part...Ruthie went to meet her gay son who is in prison
serving a life term. The whole group and some other group chipped in to send
Ruthie and her husband to go visit the son in prison. Ruthie is a birthmom to
eight kids and apparently, she doesn't have a good relationship with the
majority of them, blaming the "adoption system" and their aparents for that.
Nevermind the fact that Ruthie lost most of her kids because she was a drunk
and some of her old boyfriends/husbands were molesting them - THAT had nothing
to do with them being screwed up at all!!!

Truth Be Told

Dec 11, 2004, 2:22:44 PM12/11/04
>From: lua...@aol.comatose (LuanneP)
>Newsgroups: alt.adoption.searching
>Date: 11 Dec 2004 19:18:01 GMT

Let's not forget she has reported us to Homeland Security. I wonder if Clolin
Powell will call me or someone from the whitehouse.

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 2:30:17 PM12/11/04
>Let's not forget she has reported us to Homeland Security. I wonder if Clolin
>Powell will call me or someone from the whitehouse.

Donna Gray, you too were reported to Homeland Security by Bernice. Have they
contact YOU yet? LOLOL

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 2:31:38 PM12/11/04
>Not to mention the brand new TV that Terry bought Bernice.

I forgot about that...yeah, she gave her the TV to go with the generator. Oh,
she helped pay Bernice's electric bill too so that she could get back online
without use of the generator. Yep, the priorities in people's lives simply
amaze me.

Sjhamina

Dec 11, 2004, 3:47:42 PM12/11/04

So Bernice could say "Another one bites the dust".
Some people on her group like to be the first ones to make contact calls to
bparents/adoptees giving all the information. "We found your mama", "We found
your child" yada yada yada instead of letting the person searching make the
call for themselves.

Sjhamina

Dec 11, 2004, 3:55:43 PM12/11/04
Some people on her group have given sob stories and people actually sent them
money. One person 'found' her son, he was in PRISON........ Since she didn't
have the money to visit him the group took up a collection and she got to visit
him in prison.
People have sent money many times, who knows where it went or if ALL of it went
to the person that needed it??
Personally, I am not sending ANY money to ANYONE on the net that I do not KNOW
personally.
People have given Bernice a generator, new tv, paid to get her lights turned
on......mind you, she still had 2 webtvs, 2 telephone lines and a cell
phone......but no electricity. The generator powered up her precious tv so she
could be on the net.
Never once did she offer to return the generator or pay back the money.
I find that a person that puts their internet connection as top priority over
lights has to be a very unstable individual. Where are her priorities?
Nothing wrong with being poor but when you are just too lazy to get a job
because the internet is more important.....somethings wrong. When you are a
frequent flyer at the local food bank because you have to pay for your internet
connection/phone lines.........something is wrong.
When you are an able bodied person but you refuse to go to work to provide for
yourself and your family.......something is wrong.
But she tells a good tale, sobs a good story and people feel sorry for her,
then they open up their wallets.

Sjhamina

Dec 11, 2004, 3:59:19 PM12/11/04
Yes but have you noticed Bernice never puts her 'search' information up
anymore??
Inside she KNOWS she has been found and there is no 'happily ever after'
reunion for her and she refuses to confront the woman for answers. A lot of
people worked very hard to find her bmom and they all know it is her. Bernice
refuses reality.

wendy

Dec 11, 2004, 4:02:00 PM12/11/04

"Truth Be Told" <lips...@aol.com> wrote in message

Oh I see, so you're also adoption terrorists? I'll watch for your arrest on
CNN.

Sjhamina

Dec 11, 2004, 4:03:04 PM12/11/04
Could you imagine adopting 4 kids, getting their lives together, making a HAPPY
home.......only to have your entire family life disrupted by the bfamily?
The children were put up for adoption for a reason.........

>Apparently "Grandma Gini" got some other
>clueless fool to go BACK to the home a second time. That's apparently when
>the
>adoptive mother got really upset!

Sjhamina

Dec 11, 2004, 4:04:05 PM12/11/04
>Bernice doesn't MISS these boards...she lives for 'em. Ask Jules.

She hasn't missed a word on this ng in years.

Sjhamina

Dec 11, 2004, 4:06:00 PM12/11/04
The group wasn't stolen, yahoo made the name available and now I own it. Simple
as that. Nobody stole anything.

Sjhamina

Dec 11, 2004, 4:08:43 PM12/11/04
I'll make it easy for you dumbass-
930 N. Main St, Beaver Dam KY 42320

Truth Be Told

Dec 11, 2004, 4:10:03 PM12/11/04
>From: sjha...@aol.com (Sjhamina)
>Newsgroups: alt.adoption.searching
>Date: 11 Dec 2004 20:47:42 GMT

Maybe because Carla wasn't going to be able to call my birthfamily and make an
announcement. Boy am I ever glad no one helped me from hat group. My birth
family would have been terrorized.

Truth Be Told

Dec 11, 2004, 4:11:27 PM12/11/04
>From: sjha...@aol.com (Sjhamina)
>Newsgroups: alt.adoption.searching
>Date: 11 Dec 2004 21:06:00 GMT
AND I AM A MODERATOER SO KISS MY ASS bERNICE YOU FAT FUCKING SCABIES INFESTED
PIG!!!

Sjhamina

Dec 11, 2004, 4:12:32 PM12/11/04
Well I gave them my address to make it easier on them. You know the federal
government isn't too efficient.

Lori

Dec 11, 2004, 5:02:06 PM12/11/04
OMG Luanne,
Bernice is lying her ass off now.
Yes Wendy, she did too let them post bragging about that minor search.
They also posted that Donna M. needed help because she was not wanting a
reunion at that time, but that it was important to get medical info.

Lori

Dec 11, 2004, 6:13:39 PM12/11/04
Oh for the love of all that's holy. Run Luanne, ran as fast as your feet
will move you. Jules you better run also. I will try and find you a
place to bunker down here in Michigan. We can cover the bunker with snow
and pine tree branches, we will put Christmas lights over it as well and
top it off with a star, know one will find you here!!!!!

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 6:27:01 PM12/11/04
>Could you imagine adopting 4 kids, getting their lives together, making a
>HAPPY
>home.......only to have your entire family life disrupted by the bfamily?
>The children were put up for adoption for a reason.........

AMEN!!

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 6:30:12 PM12/11/04

That's right. Nobody stole anything from her. The name came available and we
took it, plain and simple.

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 6:35:09 PM12/11/04
>Inside she KNOWS she has been found and there is no 'happily ever after'
>reunion for her and she refuses to confront the woman for answers. A lot of
>people worked very hard to find her bmom and they all know it is her. Bernice
>refuses reality.

It takes BALLS to confront the woman who gave birth to you that now "rejects"
you. I know, I did it myself. Bernice has no guts. She will NEVER confront
the woman and will continue to tell people that she is still looking for her
birthmother even though she knows in her heart, that she was found and denied
her contact. Never ever will Bernice admit to this. Enough people spoke to
her, including Pam, Mary and several others.

Lori

Dec 11, 2004, 6:20:22 PM12/11/04
Luanne,
I have seen you post about WANTING to move to TN. Are you on the lamb?
You move so often according to Bernice, just kidding.

Lori

Dec 11, 2004, 6:26:26 PM12/11/04
Ok you guys' do I need to get you all a bigger bunker? First it was for
Luanne and Jules, now Donna Gray. Pretty soon I will have to find one
big enough for this entire ng. If Big Bern keeps this up I will have to
find one big enough for the whole www.

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 6:33:02 PM12/11/04
>Inside she KNOWS she has been found and there is no 'happily ever after'
>reunion for her and she refuses to confront the woman for answers. A lot of

She's still looking for her Harry Johnson though....LOLOL

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 6:58:45 PM12/11/04
>When you are a
>frequent flyer at the local food bank because you have to pay for your
>internet
>connection/phone lines.........something is wrong.

I've been poor too but never so poor I had to go down and take from the
severely needy at the local food bank. What amazes me is how "dirt poor" she
supposedly is yet she has money for cigarettes and a cell phone...never ceases
to amaze me. Gary too, with his ill health, still puffs away.

>When you are an able bodied person but you refuse to go to work to provide
>for
>yourself and your family.......something is wrong.

What will happen if she loses Gary? She won't get his Social Security until
she is 67 - the law is changing. She will either have to go to work or have her
Walmart son support her fat lazy ass.

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 7:02:17 PM12/11/04
>OMG Luanne,
>Bernice is lying her ass off now.
>Yes Wendy, she did too let them post bragging about that minor search.

I forgot - YOU were on her group then too. Didn't she do something to piss you
off? I can't recall....I mean, didn't you and she have some sort of
disagreement and she lied again, like always.....

I should post those Firings of her Moderator Conversations again for some REAL
"misty-water-colored memories." Then Wendy can see the REAL Bernice in
action....

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 7:03:54 PM12/11/04
>Oh for the love of all that's holy. Run Luanne, ran as fast as your feet
>will move you. Jules you better run also. I will try and find you a
>place to bunker down here in Michigan.

We can hide up in the good ole' U.P. of Michigan...she'll get her "little
pretties" up there LOLOL!

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 7:09:31 PM12/11/04
> Are you on the lamb?
>You move so often according to Bernice, just kidding.

I've lived here in Bushnell for 3 years. Maybe Bernice thinks it is time for
me to move?

Donna in NC

Dec 11, 2004, 7:53:33 PM12/11/04
Oh, my, DM!!! Have you been trying to suck up to Bernice?????????????
Somehow I just can't imagine that!!!!

iminb...@hotmail.com (wendy)
[...]

Donna in NC

Dec 11, 2004, 8:11:56 PM12/11/04

lua...@aol.comatose (LuanneP)
Let's not forget she has reported us to Homeland Security. I wonder if
Clolin Powell will call me or someone from the whitehouse.

Donna Gray, you too were reported to Homeland Security by Bernice. Have
they contact YOU yet? LOLOL

Well, Lu, GWB called me, but I refused to speak with him, as he's an
asshole. He said that he would have Colin Powell call, but now that
HE'S resigned, I have no idea who'll call next...roflmfao!!!

LuanneP

Dec 11, 2004, 9:09:19 PM12/11/04
>He said that he would have Colin Powell call, but now that
>HE'S resigned, I have no idea who'll call next...roflmfao!!!

Uncle Don? (Rumsfeld)

Sheri

Dec 11, 2004, 9:29:00 PM12/11/04
I find it so saddening that people have such a lack of discretion when they
are aiding others in searching for their biological families. It makes me
SICK to think that these adoptees who HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW their roots may
never be able to find that missing link in their lives. It is sickening! I
am thankful that I was able to help hundreds BEFORE this turmoil began in
the adoption community. Discretion is a MUST when searches are
initiated...all the way through completion!

Warm regards and hugs,
Sheri

"LuanneP" <lua...@aol.comatose> wrote in message
> >I am no longer searching for birthfamily. With all these shutting down
> >and
>>sealing up of records no telling how hard it would be to find these days.
>>Well you can thank people like Bernice Carpenter and her boootleg, bogus,
>>free
>
> As a matter of fact, I am sure many recall the search on Bernice's group -
> the
> case where a "nurse" named Janine Lay was pushed and encouraged by a
> birthgrandmother named "Ginny" and Bernice and her moderators themselves
> to go
> to the FL home where the "bgrandma's" minor grandchildren resided. The
> nurse
> did do this and apparently, many problems came about because of this.
> "Grandma
> Ginny" then joined a FL group and appealed again for someone else to go to
> the
> home to approach her birth-grandchildren AGAIN even though problems
> evolved the
> first time around when this occured. The adoptive mother was NOT happy
> and the
> children because upset and confused.
>
> UPDATE: I just found out that because of this specific case itself that
> state
> of FL has decided they are giving out "too much" non-identifying
> information to
> birthparents. At one time, birthparents in FL were able to find out the
> date
> of actual relinquishment, the county and the name of the attorney
> involved...well, thanks to Bernice's Group, "Grandma Ginny" and Ms. Lay,
> no
> LONGER can a birthparent obtain this info.
>
> I am glad that my search is over too! I feel very sorry for anyone who is
> searching and feel as though this is only the tip of the iceberg. Thanks
> groups like "TheRe...@yahoogroups.com" (responsible for shutting down
> Sioux
> City, IA records and setting back the CI system in that state) and
> Bernice's
> groups, I'm afraid that soon, the whole US will be shutting down most of
> its
> records which are currently public. We can soon say "Goodbye" to
> marriage/divorce/death and DEFINITELY all birth records in the US in the
> near
> future thanks to a huge lack of discretion on the internet.
>
> As Lori pointed out earlier, even genealogists will be hurting. Very sad!

Sheri

Dec 11, 2004, 9:35:50 PM12/11/04
I have NEVER in all of my years of searching EVER read of anyone making an
approach to an adoptive family in that manner! I can only imagine what the
adoptive mother was feeling! Sorry folks, but I am appalled at what I just
read (below)!
Warm regards,
Sheri

> [...]

> together. She wished someday she could help me find my son.
>
> Tomorrow, the 17 year old, Krista, is going to call me. Per Gini, I
> am to get a phone number, where, hopefully, all 3 can be near a
> phone, and Gini wants to call her grandkids, for the first time in
> 16yrs......and tell them she loves them. Also, I am going to ask
> them to meet me somewhere they're comfortable, and take some pics of
> them to send to grandma in Georgia!
>
> Wish us all luck!
>
> Yee HAW! I know I haven't found my son, but it feels like it because
> I made it happen with someone else. This is very, very healing and
> comforting. And just think, she found a 18, 17, and 12 yr. old---
> they are all so young!
>
> Thanks to Sheila, too, for telling them all they were adopted, their
> life stories and real birth names, and that they were o.k. to find

Sheri

Dec 11, 2004, 9:38:04 PM12/11/04
Went back a SECOND TIME??? Wasn't the FIRST time bad enough for that
family? Can you imagine how confused the younger children must have been?
Dear, God! What were these people thinking??? I would have called an
attorney if it were my life invaded in THAT manner. A phone call, or a
mailed-letter would have been more appropriate......something to let the
adoptive parents have time to sit and think about their feelings BEFORE
being approached by these strangers!
Warm regards,
Sheri

"LuanneP" <lua...@aol.comatose> wrote in message

> >Hmm.....
>>Totally inappropriate. And I like the part about her thinking the adoptive
>>mother had an attitude. What an ass.
>
> Well, thanks to Janine, and Bernice Carpenter's group, the state of FL has
> now
> decided that they sent birthparents 'too much' non-identifying
> information.
> You know, I've warned various groups about information posted on their
> sites
> only to get booted or slammed for "disrupting" the group itself. Now,
> this is
> the kind of thing that shuts down/seals record access in many states, as
> it did
> in FL.
>
> This was NOT the end either, Wendy. Apparently "Grandma Gini" got some

Sheri

Dec 11, 2004, 9:41:12 PM12/11/04
True...........age 17 is only a few months away from one being legally old
enough to pursue in their own search.......HOWEVER.....suppose the 17 year
old was a child with a mental disability........I searched for my husband's
sister whom is 5 years older than he.......and this was only ONE year ago
(she is now age 54). Sadly, we learned that she was mentally disabled and
has the mentality of a 12 year old child.
People must be careful. A person's "age" doesn't always share what the
person is capable of understanding.
Warm regards,
Sheri
"wendy" <iminb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "LuanneP" <lua...@aol.comatose> wrote in message
>> >Hmm.....
>>>Totally inappropriate. And I like the part about her thinking the
>>>adoptive
>>>mother had an attitude. What an ass.
>>
>> Well, thanks to Janine, and Bernice Carpenter's group, the state of FL
>> has now
>> decided that they sent birthparents 'too much' non-identifying
>> information.
>> You know, I've warned various groups about information posted on their
>> sites
>> only to get booted or slammed for "disrupting" the group itself. Now,
>> this is
>> the kind of thing that shuts down/seals record access in many states, as
>> it did
>> in FL.
>>
>> This was NOT the end either, Wendy. Apparently "Grandma Gini" got some
>> other
>> clueless fool to go BACK to the home a second time. That's apparently
>> when the
>> adoptive mother got really upset!
>
> I don't blame her for being upset. Once was bad enough, but to do it
> again? Just because a 17 yr old girl stumbled upon the letter and called,
> doesn't mean it should be pursued. Christ it was only a matter of months
> until the girl was of age. It's no wonder the states are cracking down on
> the info they give out. I feel bad for the adoptees searching in 5 yrs or
> so, when they can't get any info at all.
> BTW, your friend Bernice must still be reading these boards. She emailed
> me last night.

IMHO

Dec 11, 2004, 10:10:57 PM12/11/04

Oh Puke!!

What A LIAR.. I was on the group when this happened, this search was flaunted
on her group.. Hell, she approves the post when they go through!! She knew
what was going on.. not only untill the shit hit the fan did she change her
tune.

Bernice, Luanne would never work on a minor search, you are out of your fucking
mind!!

Barb

IMHO

Dec 11, 2004, 10:14:35 PM12/11/04

>Somebody sent this to me privately. Bernice sent it to someone that she felt
>was in the legal field and could "help her fight myself and Jules." <sigh>
>The
>mentality of Bernice is just too much!!
>
>Jules, did the white collar crime unit come knocking on your door?
>--------------------------------------
>
>Subj: Re: Some legal counsel
>Date: 11/18/2004 11:32:36 PM Eastern Standard Time
>From: berni...@webtv.net
>
>Sent from the Internet (Details)
>

>Hello,
>I live in West Virginia and have been on the phone all afternoon
>speaking with the WhiteCollarCrime Unit with the FBI. Now I am waiting
>for an agent to contact me back over this as well.
>Now the message that this Luanne left she was very aware that it was
>recorded. She had called this friend and the friend was not home at the
>time so Luanne did in fact leave the message knowing it was being
>recorded. Only bad thing there is my friend`s grandson erased this
>message when we needed it.
>Now on the hacking, YES MSN has record of this and is willing to release
>the file to any lawyer or law enforcement officer. And yes my husband`s
>doctor`s will provide a statement that this was in fact the cause of his
>heart attack. The stress from the harrassment was the cause of this
>happening.
>This Jules Hamina was once a moderator on the group before it was
>deleted Dec 7 2003 by her and her friend Luanne Pruesne. You have seen
>I am sure that Luanne and Jules openly admitted to doing the adoption
>community a favor by doing this. And Luanne is the main leader
>in this and Jules is second in command. Now I had removed Jules as a
>moderator of the group because she actually cussed me out on instant
>messenger for me not wanting anything to do with Luanne. I have had
>nothing but problems since.
>Now the location Jules is now in is Kentucky. I do not know where she
>moved to in Kentucky though. All I know is she moved there from Arkansas
>a few months ago and I do have her address where she lives while in
>Arkansas so that may be able to help track her by finding a forwarding
>address from there. And Luanne is in Bushnell, Florida a of last year.
>Both of these women move quite a bit for some strange reason.
>Let me know something here and I will let you know when I hear back from
>the FBI about this as well.
>Now I can ell you that they also told me to contact Florida`s police
>about Luanne and Kentucky about Julie. I will be making calls tomorrow
>to them as well.
>
>Thanks
>Bernice

Oh GAWD,
Jules & Luanne,
You got to be kidding me.
What a joke Bernice!!

Donna in NC

Dec 11, 2004, 10:37:25 PM12/11/04

lua...@aol.comatose (LuanneP)
He said that he would have Colin Powell call, but now that HE'S
resigned, I have no idea who'll call next...roflmfao!!!

Uncle Don? (Rumsfeld)

Ya just never know with Bernice at the helm!!!!!!

Truth Be Told

Dec 11, 2004, 11:34:18 PM12/11/04
>From: "Sheri" sher...@horizonview.net
>Newsgroups: alt.adoption.searching
>Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:29:00 -0500
Sheri,
I agree that discretion is key. So many lives are affected by adoption on all
sides of the triad and for other people that are virtually strangers to take it
upon themselves to interfere is horrible. People are bound to get hurt over
some jerk off who cannot mind their own business.

Truth Be Told

Dec 11, 2004, 11:43:53 PM12/11/04
>From: "Sheri" sher...@horizonview.net
>Newsgroups: alt.adoption.searching
>Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:35:50 -0500

Sheri,
Needless to say I was mortified when I read that post when it happened and I
had to speak up and let these people know that this was NOT acceptable
behavior. This Janine Lay was being congradulated on a job well doen to make
matters worse. I attempted to post my opposition several times and each time
Carla would phone me to let me know that Bernice and company were not going to
allow the post to through God forbid someone speak the truth that this was not
only unethical but illegal. I can only imagine how violated that amother must
have felt not to mention how hurtful it must have been. That was a bonafide
premeditated stalking, for Janine Lay to admit she actually went out and bought
candy, snacks and a camera for the stake out. Sick Sick Sick!!!! to even
suggest that she was lead by God after praying to go stalk an a family. I have
no idea what kind of God Janine Lay prays to but it must be the same type that
led those people in Waco TX or Charles Manson to those heinous crimes.

Truth Be Told

Dec 11, 2004, 11:45:48 PM12/11/04
>net.POSTED!not-for-mail

>From: "Sheri" sher...@horizonview.net
>Newsgroups: alt.adoption.searching
>Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:38:04 -0500

Sheri,
Lets not forget that for weeks that amother's name and information was
palstered on Bernices groups and several others all over the internet as well
as being harrassed by Carla claiming to be an attorney. Then people wonder why
records are sealed up.

Truth Be Told

Dec 11, 2004, 11:49:30 PM12/11/04
>From: kenne...@webtv.net (Lori)
>Newsgroups: alt.adoption.searching
>Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:26:26 -0500

I got a better idea. How about we all hide out on my boat on the high seas. we
can cruise all over the place and hide.

Truth Be Told

Dec 11, 2004, 11:51:40 PM12/11/04
>From: Donn...@webtv.net (Donna in NC)
>Newsgroups: alt.adoption.searching
>Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:37:25 -0500

Well cCo0ndoleza Rice just asked me over her house for Christmas to discuss
Bernice's free Yahoo groups. but I had to decline due to prior commitments. I
told her I will consider New Years eve.

Sjhamina

Dec 12, 2004, 12:30:52 AM12/12/04
Sadly it is all true and Bernice allowed and encouraged it.
Thats why when I hear of Bernice saying things behind my back I know its a
desperate attempt to throw suspicion off her own actions.
You will never hear me tell anyone not to have anything to do with her.......by
all means go be 'friends' with her, join her 'groups' too. I don't have to
explain to anyone what will happen.....let them figure it out for themselves
and they will know what Bernice is all about real soon.

Sjhamina

Dec 12, 2004, 12:34:10 AM12/12/04
Like the jerks on Bernice's groups that break their necks getting to the phone
to talk to someones bfamily??
That makes me absolutely ill.
It is nobodys business IF the adoptee contacts or not, let THEM decide what is
RIGHT for themselves. God only knows what these idiots have said to
bfamilies/adoptees that have been found.

Sjhamina

Dec 12, 2004, 12:35:59 AM12/12/04
>If Big Bern keeps this up I will have to
>find one big enough for the whole www.

Bernice is lethal poison to the entire www.
I wish both of her webtvs would fry along with her telephone connection. Life
would be so wonderful.

Sjhamina

Dec 12, 2004, 12:36:54 AM12/12/04
>She's still looking for her Harry Johnson though....LOLOL

Hey, I think I have seen a Hairy Johnson or two!! LOLOL

Sjhamina

Dec 12, 2004, 12:38:16 AM12/12/04
Lets not forget to mention the fact that Bernice is the womans IDENTICAL twin.
No denying maternity.

>the woman and will continue to tell people that she is still looking for her
>birthmother even though she knows in her heart, that she was found and denied
>her contac

Sjhamina

Dec 12, 2004, 12:41:53 AM12/12/04
I tell you, if I were that poor I certainly wouldn't have internet, phone OR
cigarettes. I would do whatever it took to get back on my feet, including
working 3 jobs if thats what it took!!
My hubby several hundred dollars more per WEEK than she makes in one month.
I couldn't imagine living on less, though we have.......I certainly don't want
to go back to it. I do have my priorities straight though......I would have to
cut back on the things I don't 'need' like internet, car
payments........whatever it took!

Sjhamina

Dec 12, 2004, 12:43:29 AM12/12/04
>We can hide up in the good ole' U.P. of Michigan...she'll get her "little
>pretties" up there LOLOL

No thanks, too freakin' cold in Michigan for me!! I go up there in the summer
or not at all.
Hubby said we are spending next Christmas up there (we'll see) We are going to
Florida this Christmas.

Sjhamina

Dec 12, 2004, 12:44:54 AM12/12/04
I wish GWB the SOB would call ME!!
Hell, since he has the country so far in debt I would even accept a collect
phone call. I have a lot of things I would like to discuss with his retarded
ass.

Sjhamina

Dec 12, 2004, 12:46:41 AM12/12/04
Amen to that!!
Luanne is much smarter than that.

bcmackie

Dec 12, 2004, 3:03:46 AM12/12/04
hehe maybe guedo (LOL darn is that even spelled right)??? or uncle vinney??

"Donna in NC" <Donn...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Truth Be Told

Dec 12, 2004, 6:23:39 AM12/12/04
>From: "bcmackie" bcma...@shaw.ca
>Newsgroups: alt.adoption.searching
>Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 08:03:46 GMT

Guido...lol

Lori

Dec 12, 2004, 6:35:49 AM12/12/04
I was on her group at the time and what started to piss me off was all
the fighting on a daily basis that I would see in the digest. Then I had
scanned an email where they were slamming a woman for wanting only
medical info at the time, later to find out is was Donna M. Then was
wondering why the owner never helped anyone, it was always someone else
doing all he work. After I came here and saw what was what I left the
group as I then knew I was not the only one who noticed allot of what
was going on. Like the donations, firing of moderators, minor searches
and so on.

Lori

Dec 12, 2004, 6:50:01 AM12/12/04
Well Jules if you come to Michigan by way of the Bluewater Bridge be
careful, Bernice will have Homeland Security waiting for you at the
border. They'll get ya their courtesy of Ole Big Bern. You will need to
wear a big floppy hat and dark glasses to get past those geniuses.

LuanneP

Dec 12, 2004, 9:46:56 AM12/12/04
> Sorry folks, but I am appalled at what I just
>read (below)!

Sheri - It's old news actually. This is what Bernice's group actually condoned
over a year ago. It's now also the reason that FL has tightened their stance
on non-id to birthparents - because of that particular case.

Thanks Bernice for hurting yet another state records-wise. Keep on turning in
searchers and condoning minor searches...this is what happens.

LuanneP

Dec 12, 2004, 9:52:33 AM12/12/04
>Bernice, Luanne would never work on a minor search, you are out of your
>fucking
>mind!!
>
>Barb

She believes her own lies, Barb. Pam and Babbs never worked on a minor search
either, in fact Babbs was as upset as I was to find out that there were minor
children in this family who were "approached."

Donna in NC

Dec 12, 2004, 9:47:39 AM12/12/04
lips...@aol.com (Truth Be Told)
Ok you guys' do I need to get you all a bigger bunker? First it was for
Luanne and Jules, now Donna Gray. Pretty soon I will have to find one
big enough for this entire ng. If Big Bern keeps this up I will have to
find one big enough for the whole www.

I got a better idea. How about we all hide out on my boat on the high
seas. we can cruise all over the place and hide.

My vote goes for sailing the high seas on your boat, DM :-)

LuanneP

Dec 12, 2004, 10:01:25 AM12/12/04
>And yes my husband`s
>>doctor`s will provide a statement that this was in fact the cause of his
>>heart attack. The stress from the harrassment was the cause of this
>>happening.

The husband's "doctor will provide a statement?" No way...the husband's doctor
would have simply told them to get rid of the web-tv if it was a hazard to ole
Gary's health. What a ditz!

Donna in NC

Dec 12, 2004, 9:50:29 AM12/12/04

lips...@aol.com (Truth Be Told)
He said that he would have Colin Powell call, but now that HE'S
resigned, I have no idea who'll call next...roflmfao!!!

Uncle Don? (Rumsfeld)

Ya just never know with Bernice at the helm!!!!!!

Well cCo0ndoleza Rice just asked me over her house for Christmas to
discuss Bernice's free Yahoo groups. but I had to decline due to prior
commitments. I told her I will consider New Years eve.

Funny you should say that, DonnaMarie! Condoleeza phoned me last night
and invited me over for New Year's Eve! I hear she's having a West
Virginia Trash and Bash Party!!!!!

Donna in NC

Dec 12, 2004, 9:56:45 AM12/12/04

Cheryl, I would love for ANY of these idiots to call ME!!!!! I can
assure you that it would be one phone call they would wish they hadn't
made!

bcma...@shaw.ca (bcmackie)

hehe maybe guedo (LOL darn is that even spelled right)??? or uncle
vinney??

Well, Lu, GWB called me, but I refused to speak with him, as he's an

Donna in NC

Dec 12, 2004, 9:54:11 AM12/12/04

Jules, I would love nothing more than to be able to speak with this
asshole personally. He has this country so screwed up that it would
take HOURS, maybe DAYS, to list all that he's done!

sjha...@aol.com (Sjhamina)

LuanneP

Dec 12, 2004, 10:10:29 AM12/12/04
>Then I had
>scanned an email where they were slamming a woman for wanting only
>medical info at the time, later to find out is was Donna M.

Everybody searches for their own private and personal reasons. Bernice has no
right to "play God" with anyone for the reasons they search.

> Then was
>wondering why the owner never helped anyone, it was always someone else

>doing all her work.

The "owner" does not know how to search and has never once left her own home to
do a lookup. When someone new joins her group, she never even sends them
state-specific laws regarding their search. She's only interested in how many
people on are the group. "Quantity before Quality." Most people are "on to
her" now.

Donna in NC

Dec 12, 2004, 10:01:35 AM12/12/04
I'm still having trouble with the fact that DM was berated for only
wanting medical information. Knowing your medical history is all
important and I would think that it would be our first and foremost
concern when searching. Whether you're an adoptee or a birthparent, you
have a need to either know or to tell your medical history. I was
allowed several times over the years to update my medical history and
was promised that it would be sent to the adoptive parents (which I
never believed), but it actually was forwared to the a/mom and she DID
pass it along to 'our' children.

Re: Boy am I GLAD

Group: alt.adoption.searching Date: Sun, Dec 12, 2004, 6:35am From:
kenne...@webtv.net (Lori)

It is loading more messages.