ALIA Digest #3114

Lady Di

Nov 20, 2003, 9:01:56 AM11/20/03

Date: 19 Nov 2003 22:39:35 -0000
From: AngelsLost...@yahoogroups.com | Add to Address Book
To: AngelsLost...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [AngelsLostInAdoption] Digest Number 3114

There are 25 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: Catherine Marie Joyce DOB 02-09-1927 Pa.
From: "marge fortney" <teewe...@msn.com>
2. Re: Need phone # look-up
From: "marge fortney" <teewe...@msn.com>
3. Re: MAD AND CONFUSED!!!!!!
From: Terri <terr...@yahoo.com>
4. Re: Need phone # look-up
From: "marge fortney" <teewe...@msn.com>
5. Re: Catherine Marie Joyce DOB 02-09-1927 Pa.
From: suesta...@aol.com
6. Re: Need look-up.......marriage license made a mistake
From: Debra Snyder Rexroad <dss...@yahoo.com>
7. Re: MAD AND CONFUSED!!!!!!
From: Mindie Affholter <mindi...@yahoo.com>
8. Re: Need phone # look-up
From: "Gerry Gaulden" <scorp...@cableone.net>
9. Re: SS#'s
From: "Sheila Hart" <har...@comcast.net>
10. Re: Re: I'm back and I met them all.
From: "marge fortney" <teewe...@msn.com>
11. Re: MAD AND CONFUSED!!!!!!
From: "Trish" <iso_bir...@yahoo.com>
12. New info
From: "jans_on_the_edge" <edge_co...@hotmail.com>
13. Pilon,February 13 1965 babyboy
From: Miranda Robert <miran...@planet.nl>
14. Posting.....................
From: Debra Snyder Rexroad <dss...@yahoo.com>
15. Birthfathers
From: "pricenicky" <price...@aol.com>
16. San Antonio search help
From: seabre...@aol.com
17. in search of Adoptee
From: "smileschiles" <where...@juno.com>
18. Re: in search of Adoptee
From: "paron" <pa...@bendnet.com>
19. Anyone with a classmates account?
From: "Julie Phillips" <JPHI...@WOLVERINEWATER.COM>
20. RE: San Antonio search help
From: "Groff, Suzie" <suzie...@eds.com>
21. Re: Anyone with a classmates account?
From: Karen Watson <kyoungq...@yahoo.com>
22. Re: Anyone with a classmates account?
From: "Magee Shoaff" <sbm...@msn.com>
23. RE: Anyone with a classmates account?
From: "Julie Phillips" <JPHI...@WOLVERINEWATER.COM>
24. RE: Anyone with a classmates account_Magee
From: "Julie Phillips" <JPHI...@WOLVERINEWATER.COM>
25. Re: San Antonio search help
From: Mindie Affholter <mindi...@yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:04:54 -0500
From: "marge fortney" <teewe...@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Catherine Marie Joyce DOB 02-09-1927 Pa.

I can go to courthouse here in PA where I live if you give me the
information I can to to courthouse and look it up e mail me in private
with
information as soon as I get that I will check it out I only live 20
min from State Capitol Harrisburg
take care and God bless
marge
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:01:13 -0500
From: "marge fortney" <teewe...@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Need phone # look-up

there is a keith Robinson does not give address

Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:13:25 -0800 (PST)
From: Terri <terr...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: MAD AND CONFUSED!!!!!!

Trish, you have a court order, that super-cedes any "policy" that they

have. I would contact her again, tell her she best read that court
order and FOLLOW it because if she doesn't, you will take legal action
have the judge find her in contempt of court. The Judge does not like
it when people don't follow his rules. Kind of ticks them off. Tell
her to follow the law...period and you expect ALL of your records as
ORDERED by the court. Terri B

Formerly searching for Deborah Jean Davis, Found Penny Michelle in NYC

on August 15th 2002. Face to face on November 1st in Treasure Island
Florida thanks to some angels on earth. It was wonderful!

[This message contained attachments]

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:43:06 -0500
From: "marge fortney" <teewe...@msn.com>

the address and phone number match your request just found it out so
good luck and hope this helped
take care and God Bless
marge

Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:53:56 EST
From: suesta...@aol.com

i can help u if u want . iam a search angel and would be glad to help

u in
anyway i can u can send me a private email with info on your birthmom
and i
will do what i can to find her

susan

[Unable to display image]
[Unable to display image] Susan [Unable to display image]
sue stapl...@aol.com

[This message contained attachments]

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:24:16 -0800 (PST)
From: Debra Snyder Rexroad <dss...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Need look-up.......marriage license made a mistake

--- Debra Snyder Rexroad <dss...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi, When I sent this the first time,I mistakenly put
the last name Robinson,when in fact it should of been
Woodring,I'm sorry for the mistake,Debbie

> Hi, I need a marriage license look-up for a Charles
> Elmer Leroy Woodring d.o.b. 4-22-26 somewhere in
> ohio,(in or around the Toledo/Napoleon areas)
> should be at least 2, thanks,Debbie

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

Message: 7
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:32:59 -0800 (PST)
From: Mindie Affholter <mindi...@yahoo.com>

Trish,

I don't know what the laws in Bexar county or Texas say about it, but

I would think that if you have a court order they have to give them to

you. I live in San Antonio, so if you need the name and # of a very
good (and inexpensive) family law attorney, email me an I will give it
you. I just went through a nasty divorce and was trying to get custody

and/or adopt my 2 1/2 year old step-daughter, and this attorney did
everything in her power to try and help me. Unfortunately, Texas law
said
otherwise . LIke I said she is a great family law attorney and is
willing to work with you on the money issue, so let me know if you
want her
info. Email me at mindi...@yahoo.com

Best of Luck

Mindie

Trish <iso_bir...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I am SO MAD!!! I went through the trouble of getting a court order
to get all my papers from the adoption agency TEXAS CRADLE SOCIETY in
San Antonio and Ms. Mona McDonald, who is in charge of post adoption
services told me that she CANNOT give me my documents until she
attempts to contact the birth mother herself, which can take up to 3
months and is going to cost me $100!!! when I asked her what was this
about she said it was the policy they had and that there where no
exceptions, to me this is just another way to squeeze a couple more
dollars out of the people that are coming to them with the hope that
they will help them, it is Bull Crap! IS THIS FAIR??? more important
IS THIS LEGAL??????? Isn't she interfering with a court order by
refusing me MY documents??? The court order states that they are
REQUIRED to give me ALL the papers that concern me or my adoption
INCLUDING identifying information! it says nothing about contacting
anyone! I am SO MAD AND CONFUSED??? PLEASE HELP!!!!! Does any body
know what to do???? I could contact an attorney but I am seriously
running out of money here!!! This has been so stressful, expensive
and long! I'm wondering if it's worth it :(
Good luck to all on your searches! And if you read this and know what
to do please give me a hand cause I'm totally lost!
Sincerely, Trish

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

AngelsLostInAdop...@yahoogroups.com

[This message contained attachments]

Message: 8
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:54:39 -0600
From: "Gerry Gaulden" <scorp...@cableone.net>

I have a friend who has that phone book, will email him
Evans...@cs.com and he will give it to ya. Love gg:o)

Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:34:31 -0500
From: "Sheila Hart" <har...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: SS#'s

Your ss# is issued from the state you applied for it in. It has
nothing
to do with the state you were born in. I was living in Indiana (but
not
born there) when I applied for & got my ss card. My daug & son were
both born in Indiana & got their SS cards, not when they were born but

when the IRS started requiring them for tax filing purposes. All of
our
#'s are Indiana #'s.

[This message contained attachments]

Message: 10
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:20:09 -0500
From: "marge fortney" <teewe...@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Re: I'm back and I met them all.

I am so happy for you this is a great story and I pray we all have
such
great reunions
take care and God Bless
marge
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 06:59:40 -0000
From: "Trish" <iso_bir...@yahoo.com>

Thanx to everyone for the support, I will be contacting the attorney
that helped me open the records tomorrow. It's even more frustrating
since I live in Oregon and I can't go down and speak to this lady
face to face. I will keep everyone posted on what happens. Thanx
again and good luck to everyone on their searches.

Sincerely, Trish

ISO Birthmom
Ruth Chambers Sharp
Born November 1st 1954 in Texas

Message: 12
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 07:28:56 -0000
From: "jans_on_the_edge" <edge_co...@hotmail.com>
Subject: New info

Hi all I'm back home again.

What a trip to PA for me. I find I look more like my Step Mother's
side of the family. My so called Aunt Bonnie is only 15 years older
than me and since Bonnie is my Step Mom's neice, that makes Bonnie
my Cousin. Bonnie and I look so much alike in our pictures. Get
this, she has an adopted daughter as well. Also during the memorial
dinner for my Adopted Dad that just passed, she came up to me and
touched my face and told me that I am so special to her. This from
a woman that hasn't seen me in about 38 years! Oh God I didn't have
the courage to ask her when mom was sitting almost next to me. Now
another peice also fits, ergo since I am in a recovery group, and so
is Bonnie! My "ism" didn't come from learned behaviour so I have to
have received the gene for it biologically. My uncle Milty says he
will help with all he can but I don't know if he will actually do
this or hinder me more.

Step Mom is making this so hard and I don't know why. She refuses
to acept Adopted Dad is gone and who am I to try and tell her how to
live her life.

Sorry for all the blaa blaa blaa angels. I just had to get this
out. I guess I need some support on the emotional side right now.

Take care, Love and God Bless all of you!

Janet Stiffler
ISO B-Family
2-26-59 Camden, NJ

Message: 13
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:53:32 +0100
From: Miranda Robert <miran...@planet.nl>
Subject: Pilon,February 13 1965 babyboy

Goodmorning
I may have a strange question, but I need to start somewhere ...
My birthname is Sylvain Pilon, born in Hawkesbury Februari 13 1965. My

birthmother is a Pilon, and she should be 52 years now. I dont know
much about my birthfather, he was 17 , came from Quebec lived just
like my
birthmother in the Prescott-Russel area in 1965. My birthmother have
something with her throat what affects her speaking. She have 3 older
sisters and 2 younger brothers. I also have a younger brother he is
born
in the beginning of 1967.
If you can help me please email me ... I live in the Netherlands now .

I want to find them... Please.
Thank you very much for your time to read this email.
Kind regards,
Sylvain Pilon

[This message contained attachments]

Message: 14
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 03:43:53 -0800 (PST)
From: Debra Snyder Rexroad <dss...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Posting.....................

> Hi, My name is Debbie and i'm searching for a 1/2
> brother who was born between 4/54 and 4/56,in the
> Akron/Barberton OH. or Parkersburg,WV area,name at
> birth was supposedly Charles Edward Snyder,but not
> sure as I have got conflicting stories,both
> b-parents
> have passed,anyone on our fathers side is either to
> old/young to remember,and birthmothers family has
> told
> different stories,one will say she had and kept him
> for awhile,others will say she sold him,and some say
> she may have entered the hospital under the adopted
> mothers name,I have both birthparents names. This
> child would more than likely have blonde hair/blue
> eyes
> but could have light brown hair,and probably have
> our
> fathers somewhat large nose.I have heard that it was
> possible he may have been adopted by a Dr. or Lawyer
> and that may possibly resided in PA. at time of
> birth.
> Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!!

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

Message: 15
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:59:10 -0000
From: "pricenicky" <price...@aol.com>
Subject: Birthfathers

I am hoping that everyone having trouble with their birthfathers will
just sit back and take it easy. Write letters, send pictures, etc.
but do it all at their pace. Men absorb things a little differently
than women do. We, my husband and I, have been very fortunate. His
alleged birthfather, Nick, is only 52 and married to a wonderful
woman that I speak to for hours every week. I sent off for the DNA
Test and was planning on taking the drive to them to perform the
test, but Nick said last night that he wanted to come here to visit
with his son. Karen, Nick's wife is so excited! They have four
children that are the same ages as our four children so it will be so
much fun! Nick is working overtime this week to make sure he will
have the entire weekend off. He is so sweet and caring and my husband
really enjoys talking to him. They both knew from their first
conversation that they are father and son. Nick will be the first
family member we will get to see f2f. Karen is taking pictures of my
husband's birthmother's grave and has pictures of her and is getting
a copy of her obituary for us so she can make us a shadow box. You
could not ask for a better birthfather and I guess you would call
Karen a birthstepmother. They said for us to just call them "Dad"
and "Mom".

Nicky

Message: 16
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:46:31 EST
From: seabre...@aol.com
Subject: San Antonio search help

Hi - I need help looking up records concerning my adoption. I was born

in San
Antonio, Bexar County, Texas on 6-8-68. I was placed with my adoptive
parents
at 5 days old. My birth mother was a resident of the Methodist Mission

in San Antonio. I'm trying to locate a copy of the relinquishment
signed by my
birth mother or a copy of the newspaper that advertised the adoption
annoubcement. In the San Antonio area, adoptions notices are publised
in The Daily
Commercial Recorder which is on film at the Institute of Texan
Cultures
in
downtown San Antonio. I have been told that a notice would have been
posted at the
time the infant was relinquished, which beats the daylights out of
looking thru
the next year for adoption only.
I was told it had to be signed by the time I left the Mission Home
with
my
adoptive parents. My adoption was finalized in Maryland and I have the

case
number for the final decree. I was hoping it is the same case number
that started
in Texas. My adoptive name is Jessica Lynn Atwood. The case number I
have is
4716. My adoptive parents are Joel Terry Atwood & Gwendolyn Dale
(Skillin)
Atwood. Any records in the Bexar County courts will be filed under my
adoptive
father's name. If there's any way you can check this out for me I
would
be
totally greatful!! Thanks in advance for any help you can
offer.......Jessica

[This message contained attachments]

Message: 17
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:53:40 -0000
From: "smileschiles" <where...@juno.com>
Subject: in search of Adoptee

Hello Everyone!
I am searching for my birth daughter. She was born in Medford,OR the
23rd of October,1982. I wish to reunite,as I want her to know that we
had not given her up because she was unwanted;but because we wanted
her to have better than what we could provide. She was adopted before
she was even born and I would really like to see "who she is". I Love
You,baby Girl and sincerely hope you were well taken care of. Nanci
Reuter

Message: 18
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:18:25 -0800
From: "paron" <pa...@bendnet.com>
Subject: Re: in search of Adoptee

Oregon has open adoption laws. Please look into it. You can ask for
information.

Lady Patricia in Oregon

Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:20:42 -0500
From: "Julie Phillips" <JPHI...@WOLVERINEWATER.COM>
Subject: Anyone with a classmates account?

If anyone has a membership to classmates, that can send a message to
someone for me on there, I would appreciate it. this is non-adoption
related, just a friend I lost touch with over the years. Please e-mail
me
in private for the name & School if you can send my e-mail addy to
them
for me.
thanks,
Jules P

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c1tj40g/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705768591:HM/EXP=1069351663/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116732>

click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=724052693>

AngelsLostInAdop...@yahoogroups.com

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

[This message contained attachments]

Message: 20
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:31:47 -0600
From: "Groff, Suzie" <suzie...@eds.com>
Subject: RE: San Antonio search help

Jessica,

Hi! I'm from San Antonio although I don't live there anymore... my
mother
does, but her health is really bad. Have you tried to contact the
court
house to see if one of the clerk's could help you? You also might try
contacting the District Clerk's office and explain your situation.
Many of
these clerks are smypathic and might be willing to help you out. If
this
doesn't work, let me know... I'll make some phone calls for you and
try
find someone who could physically drive downtown for you.

Suzie Groff

Hi - I need help looking up records concerning my adoption. I was born

in
San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas on 6-8-68. I was placed with my
adoptive
parents at 5 days old. My birth mother was a resident of the Methodist
Mission Home in San Antonio. I'm trying to locate a copy of the
[...]

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c6hg9st/M=243273.4156324.5364586.1261774/D=egroup
web/S=1705768591:HM/EXP=1069349618/A=1750744/R=0/*http://servedby.advertisin
g.com/click/site=552006/bnum=1069263218790828> Click to learn more...

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=243273.4156324.5364586.1261774/D=egroupmai
l/S=:HM/A=1750744/rand=578732686>

AngelsLostInAdop...@yahoogroups.com

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

[This message contained attachments]

Message: 21
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:43:03 -0800 (PST)
From: Karen Watson <kyoungq...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Anyone with a classmates account?

Julus, I am on classmates, and home so fire away. Karen

Julie Phillips <JPHI...@WOLVERINEWATER.COM> wrote:If anyone has a
membership to classmates, that can send a message to someone for me on

there, I would appreciate it. this is non-adoption related, just a
friend
I lost touch with over the years. Please e-mail me in private for the
name & School if you can send my e-mail addy to them for me.
thanks,
Jules P

AngelsLostInAdop...@yahoogroups.com

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
AngelsLostInAdop...@yahoogroups.com

[This message contained attachments]

Message: 22
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:39:43 -0800
From: "Magee Shoaff" <sbm...@msn.com>

Send me the info and I will email it to the person.
sbm...@yahoo.com
Magee

Set yourself up for fun at home! Get tips on home entertainment
equipment,
video game reviews, and more here.
http://special.msn.com/home/homeent.armx

Message: 23
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:00:23 -0500
From: "Julie Phillips" <JPHI...@WOLVERINEWATER.COM>

Thanks Karen, I need to e-mail Gary Moore, Warren High School class
off 1985. If you could just let him know I seen him on there (Julie
Singh) and would like for him to e-mail me at
<mailto:jphi...@wolverinewater.com> jphi...@wolverinewater.com I'd

appreciate it very much,
Thanks,
Jules

Julus, I am on classmates, and home so fire away. Karen

Julie Phillips <JPHI...@WOLVERINEWATER.COM> wrote:

If anyone has a membership to classmates, that can send a message to
someone for me on there, I would appreciate it. this is non-adoption
related, just a friend I lost touch with over the years. Please e-mail
me
in private for the name & School if you can send my e-mail addy to
them
for me.
thanks,
Jules P

AngelsLostInAdop...@yahoogroups.com

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

AngelsLostInAdop...@yahoogroups.com

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

_____

Do you Yahoo!?
Protect <http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree> your identity with
Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cosd069/M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705768591:HM/EXP=1069364288/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116719>

click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=281613997>

AngelsLostInAdop...@yahoogroups.com

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

[This message contained attachments]

Message: 24
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:02:32 -0500
From: "Julie Phillips" <JPHI...@WOLVERINEWATER.COM>
Subject: RE: Anyone with a classmates account_Magee

Thanks Magee, but Karen's got me covered.
Jules

Send me the info and I will email it to the person.
sbm...@yahoo.com
Magee

Set yourself up for fun at home! Get tips on home entertainment
equipment,
video game reviews, and more here.
http://special.msn.com/home/homeent.armx

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cbbj3bn/M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705768591:HM/EXP=1069365383/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116719>

click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=626196645>

AngelsLostInAdop...@yahoogroups.com

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

[This message contained attachments]

Message: 25
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:26:52 -0800 (PST)
From: Mindie Affholter <mindi...@yahoo.com>

Jessica,

I live in San Antonio, so maybe I can Help. Also, I have a little
inside help at the Daily Commercial Recorder. With my Job I very often
put
ads in their paper and do promos with them si I may be able to get my
contact to help out to. Let me know what you need. Email me at
mindi...@yahho.com with requested info and I will see what I can dig

up.

Best of Luck
Mindie

seabre...@aol.com wrote:
Hi - I need help looking up records concerning my adoption. I was born

in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas on 6-8-68. I was placed with my
adoptive parents at 5 days old. My birth mother was a resident of the
Methodist Mission Home in San Antonio. I'm trying to locate a copy of