For Peckover

pabl...@yahoo.com

Jun 23, 2005, 11:51:41 AM6/23/05
Hello, Alex. Long time, no see. A while back, you had this to say:

'Even if you forget about Star Trek, I'm sorry but the new Doctor Who
is going to have to be fecking brilliant (which I am more than certain
it won't be, especially considering that it has John Barrowman in it)
to change the fact that Battlestar Galactica and Stargate: Atlantis are
going to piss on it from a great height.'

Just take a moment to consider the ratings, audience share, and
audience appreciation indices. Moreover, think about the commisioning
of a third series and a second Christmas special.

Now tell me: what condiments would you like to go with your words while
you're eating them?

Heh.

--
MHW

Alex Peckover

Jun 23, 2005, 3:51:01 PM6/23/05

Hmmm, which part shall I eat ? The part where the new Doctor Who is
fucking awful, the part where Battlestar Galactica is the best new
Science Fiction show on TV or the part where you're a disrespectful
little tosser ?

Alex

Michael Greenhalgh

Jun 24, 2005, 3:26:40 AM6/24/05

Do we know who he is? Or is he just one of these random blokes whose
parents forgot to teach him manners?

--
Michael Greenhalgh
http://tripleb.co.uk

EverQuest 2:
Miglok Skreefyre of Venril Sathir, Hunter of Gnolls | Half-Elf Ranger |
Lavastorm
Rayd | Dwarf Summoner | Lavastorm

Loony Goon Circus Guild | http://www.loonygooncircus.com |
http://lgc.eq2guilds.org

City of Heroes:
Shadow Ranger | Mutation Scrapper | Virtue

---

Alex Peckover

Jun 24, 2005, 3:27:45 AM6/24/05
Michael Greenhalgh wrote:
> Alex Peckover wrote:
>
>>pabl...@yahoo.com wrote:
>>

>>>Hello, Alex. Long time, no see. A while back, you had this to say:
>>>
>>>'Even if you forget about Star Trek, I'm sorry but the new Doctor Who
>>>is going to have to be fecking brilliant (which I am more than certain
>>>it won't be, especially considering that it has John Barrowman in it)
>>>to change the fact that Battlestar Galactica and Stargate: Atlantis are
>>>going to piss on it from a great height.'
>>>
>>>Just take a moment to consider the ratings, audience share, and
>>>audience appreciation indices. Moreover, think about the commisioning
>>>of a third series and a second Christmas special.
>>>
>>>Now tell me: what condiments would you like to go with your words while
>>>you're eating them?
>>>
>>>Heh.
>>

>>Hmmm, which part shall I eat ? The part where the new Doctor Who is
>>fucking awful, the part where Battlestar Galactica is the best new
>>Science Fiction show on TV or the part where you're a disrespectful
>>little tosser ?
>

> Do we know who he is? Or is he just one of these random blokes whose
> parents forgot to teach him manners?

It's that MHW guy according to his sig.

Alex

David Wilcox

Jun 24, 2005, 3:28:04 AM6/24/05

<pabl...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

But it's not better than Battlestar Galactica or Atlantis. So why should
he be eating his words?

Dave

David Wilcox

Jun 24, 2005, 3:40:07 AM6/24/05

"Michael Greenhalgh" <spa...@tripleb.co.uk> wrote in message

> Do we know who he is? Or is he just one of these random blokes whose
> parents forgot to teach him manners?
>
> --
> Michael Greenhalgh
> http://tripleb.co.uk
> ---
> MMORPGs
> EverQuest:
> Miglok | Half-Elf Ranger | Venril Sathir
> Rayd | Iksar Shadowknight | Venril Sathir
>
> EverQuest 2:
> Miglok Skreefyre of Venril Sathir, Hunter of Gnolls | Half-Elf Ranger |
> Lavastorm
> Rayd | Dwarf Summoner | Lavastorm
>
> Loony Goon Circus Guild | http://www.loonygooncircus.com |
> http://lgc.eq2guilds.org
>
> City of Heroes:
> Shadow Ranger | Mutation Scrapper | Virtue
>
> ---

He's been here before, we clash.....a bit. :-)
By the way, Michael, your sig is the longest in the history of Usenet!

Dave

Alex Peckover

Jun 24, 2005, 3:44:59 AM6/24/05
David Wilcox wrote:
>>City of Heroes:
>>Shadow Ranger | Mutation Scrapper | Virtue
>>
>>---
>

> He's been here before, we clash.....a bit. :-)
> By the way, Michael, your sig is the longest in the history of Usenet!

Plus, I'm sure I've run in to his character on City of Heroes before. :-)

Alex

David Wilcox

Jun 24, 2005, 3:46:41 AM6/24/05

"Alex Peckover" <al...@SPAMOFF.uklinux.net> wrote in message

It's a small world. :-)

Dave

Mel

Jun 24, 2005, 7:44:07 AM6/24/05
David Wilcox wrote:

That's not a sig, it's a novel and I am not buying the book :-)

Mel

Steve Turner

Jun 24, 2005, 8:04:43 AM6/24/05
Alex Peckover said

: pabl...@yahoo.com wrote:
:: Hello, Alex. Long time, no see. A while back, you had this to say:
::
:: 'Even if you forget about Star Trek, I'm sorry but the new Doctor Who
:: is going to have to be fecking brilliant (which I am more than certain
:: it won't be, especially considering that it has John Barrowman in it)
:: to change the fact that Battlestar Galactica and Stargate: Atlantis are
:: going to piss on it from a great height.'
::
:: Just take a moment to consider the ratings, audience share, and
:: audience appreciation indices.

If Battlestar or Atlantis were shown on BBC1 at 7PM on Saturday you can bet
they'd get equally high ratings etc.

:
: Hmmm, which part shall I eat ? The part where the new Doctor Who is
: fucking awful,

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you here Alex. It isn't often that I do, but
I've loved the new Doctor Who. I do appreciate the fact that you haven't shoved
it down our throats every week about how crap you thought it was - unlike other
people with other shows.

: the part where Battlestar Galactica is the best new

: Science Fiction show on TV or the part where you're a disrespectful
: little tosser ?

I have to agree here though :-)

Steve

Alex Peckover

Jun 24, 2005, 8:14:23 AM6/24/05
Steve Turner wrote:
> Alex Peckover said
>
> : pabl...@yahoo.com wrote:
> :: Hello, Alex. Long time, no see. A while back, you had this to say:
> ::
> :: 'Even if you forget about Star Trek, I'm sorry but the new Doctor Who
> :: is going to have to be fecking brilliant (which I am more than certain
> :: it won't be, especially considering that it has John Barrowman in it)
> :: to change the fact that Battlestar Galactica and Stargate: Atlantis are
> :: going to piss on it from a great height.'
> ::
> :: Just take a moment to consider the ratings, audience share, and
> :: audience appreciation indices.
>
> If Battlestar or Atlantis were shown on BBC1 at 7PM on Saturday you can bet
> they'd get equally high ratings etc.

Probably not, actually, but then if Doctor Who was on ITV1 at 7:30pm on
a Wednesday, it wouldn't do 11m like Coronation Street does - ratings
are not an indicator of quality.

If they were, how does that explain the Doctor's 16 year absence from
our screens (not counting that TV movie which was even worse) ? What was
it getting before it disappeared ? 2m on a week night ?

> :: Moreover, think about the commisioning
> :: of a third series and a second Christmas special.
> ::
> :: Now tell me: what condiments would you like to go with your words while
> :: you're eating them?
> ::
> :: Heh.
> :
> : Hmmm, which part shall I eat ? The part where the new Doctor Who is
> : fucking awful,
>
> I'm afraid I have to disagree with you here Alex. It isn't often that I do, but
> I've loved the new Doctor Who. I do appreciate the fact that you haven't shoved
> it down our throats every week about how crap you thought it was - unlike other
> people with other shows.

I wouldn't have said anything at all if people didn't ask me to.

If people enjoy it, let them. It's not very good, but as long as the
Sci-Fi Channel don't buy it and drop Battlestar Galactica for it I'm happy.

(Actually, the Sci-Fi Channel was offered it and turned it down)

> : the part where Battlestar Galactica is the best new
> : Science Fiction show on TV or the part where you're a disrespectful
> : little tosser ?
>
> I have to agree here though :-)

:-)

Alex

Dr Zoidberg

Jun 24, 2005, 8:37:44 AM6/24/05
Alex Peckover wrote:

> If they were, how does that explain the Doctor's 16 year absence from
> our screens (not counting that TV movie which was even worse) ? What
> was it getting before it disappeared ? 2m on a week night ?

It was amazingly shite when it got canned though.

It's almost an entirely different show now and while it hasn't always been
excellent this new series on the whole has been very good.

--
Alex

Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk