Trailer for non-existent film is really car advert

0 views
Skip to first unread message

Derek O'Brien

unread,
Jul 7, 2002, 1:37:50 PM7/7/02
to
From Ananova:

A car firm has made a trailer for a film which doesn't really exist.
The trailer directed by Michael Mann and starring Benicio Del Toro is
supposedly for a movie called Lucky Star. But it is actually part of an
advertising campaign for a new Mercedes-Benz range of SL-Class sports cars.
A Mercedes-Benz spokesman said: "Lucky Star is a movie industry first - a
trailer for a film that doesn't exist.
But the company has not ruled out producing a feature length version of the
trailer, which is currently being shown on TV and in cinemas. Mann, who also
made the Will Smith movie Ali, said: "The picture itself I can almost
imagine as a complete motion picture. It feels like Kiss Me Deadly which was
made I think in 1956."
The full director's cut of the trailer can be seen at
www.luckyluckystar.com.

Damn, Debs and I saw this yesterday when we went to see Minority Report. It
*did* look good!

Derek


Paul Harper

unread,
Jul 7, 2002, 1:42:33 PM7/7/02
to
On Sun, 7 Jul 2002 18:37:50 +0100, "Derek O'Brien"
<de...@obrien2001.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>Damn, Debs and I saw this yesterday when we went to see Minority Report. It
>*did* look good!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had me fooled for sure (but then.....) :-)

Paul.

--
A .sig is all well and good, but it's no substitute for a personality

JMS: "SFX is a fairly useless publication on just about every imaginable front.
Never have so many jumped-up fanboys done so little, with so much, for so long."

Michael Greenhalgh

unread,
Jul 7, 2002, 1:56:52 PM7/7/02
to
On Sun, 7 Jul 2002 18:37:50 +0100, "Derek O'Brien"
<de...@obrien2001.fsnet.co.uk> was kind enough to write...I was bored,
so I replied - :

>From Ananova:
>
>A car firm has made a trailer for a film which doesn't really exist.
>The trailer directed by Michael Mann and starring Benicio Del Toro is
>supposedly for a movie called Lucky Star.

I knew it!!

> But it is actually part of an
>advertising campaign for a new Mercedes-Benz range of SL-Class sports cars.
>A Mercedes-Benz spokesman said: "Lucky Star is a movie industry first - a
>trailer for a film that doesn't exist.

I knew it!!

>But the company has not ruled out producing a feature length version of the
>trailer, which is currently being shown on TV and in cinemas. Mann, who also
>made the Will Smith movie Ali, said: "The picture itself I can almost
>imagine as a complete motion picture. It feels like Kiss Me Deadly which was
>made I think in 1956."
>The full director's cut of the trailer can be seen at
>www.luckyluckystar.com.
>
>Damn, Debs and I saw this yesterday when we went to see Minority Report. It
>*did* look good!

I guessed it was for a car ad, they concentrated a lot on the Merc and
had no details on release dates or anything

--
Mike

§₯ΡΕή+₯Χ

unread,
Jul 7, 2002, 3:12:43 PM7/7/02
to
Stardate: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 18:37:50 +0100, "Derek O'Brien"
<de...@obrien2001.fsnet.co.uk> performed a quirkafleeg while saying:

Damn! I thought it was a teaser, I am SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO disapointed
right now :o((((((((

Syn

--

May Wintermute bless your net connection,
keep your data secure and deliver you
from viruses of all types.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages