Ephesians 3:20

Brother Desmond (Desi) Edward Coughlan

Jan 28, 2024, 11:13:17 AMJan 28

Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work
within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.

Repent now and accept Jesus Christ into your heart

Mitchell Holman

Jan 28, 2024, 1:40:35 PMJan 28
"Brother Desmond (Desi) Edward Coughlan" <De...@GodSquad.org> wrote in

> Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work
> within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.

"And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou
shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man,
in their sight."
Ezekiel 3:12

Jack Sovalot

Jan 28, 2024, 2:07:35 PMJan 28
LOL. Beautiful.

Andrew

Jan 28, 2024, 7:10:40 PMJan 28
"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message news:XnsB10781E468432...@69.80.101.15...
> "Brother Desmond (Desi) Edward Coughlan" wrote:
>
>> Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work
>> within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
>>

> "And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou
> shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man,
> in their sight." Ezekiel 3:12

Through this and other symbols Ezekiel
was instructed to foretell the siege and
utter destruction of Jerusalem.
_________________________________

"The process of baking in ashes was as old as
the time of Abraham (Genesis 18:6), and
continues in Arabia and Syria to the present
day. The kneaded dough was rolled into thin
flat cakes, and they were placed upon, or hung
over, the hot wood embers of the hearth or
oven. But in a besieged city the supply of
wood for fuel soon fails.

The first resource is found, as still often
happens in the East, in using the dried dung
of camels or of cattle. Before Ezekiel's mind
there came the vision of a yet more terrible
necessity.

"That supply also might tail, and then men
would be forced to use the dried contents of
the "draught houses" or cesspools of
Jerusalem.

They would be compelled almost literally
to fulfil the taunt of Isaiah 36:12. That
thought, as bringing with it the ceremonial
pollution of Leviticus 5:3: 7:21, was
revolting to Ezekiel as it is to us; but he
does not shrink from naming it.

It came to him, as with the authority of a
Divine command, that he was even to do
this, to represent the extreme horrors of
the siege. And all this was to be done
visibly, before the eyes of his neighbours."

http://tinyurl.com/532j9x98

Jack Sovalot

Jan 29, 2024, 12:01:42 AMJan 29
Thank you for sharing that with us, Andrew.

Andrew

Jan 29, 2024, 1:49:08 AMJan 29
"Jack Sovalot" wrote in message news:UiGtN.52225$U1cc...@fx04.iad...
> Andrew wrote:

>> > "And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it
>> > with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight." Ezekiel 3:12
>>
>> Through this and other symbols Ezekiel was instructed to foretell
>> the siege and utter destruction of Jerusalem.
>>
>> "The process of baking in ashes was as old as the time of Abraham
>> (Genesis 18:6), and continues in Arabia and Syria to the present day.
>> The kneaded dough was rolled into thin flat cakes, and they were
>> placed upon, or hung over, the hot wood embers of the hearth or oven.
>> But in a besieged city the supply of wood for fuel soon fails. The
>> first resource is found, as still often happens in the East, in using
>> the dried dung of camels or of cattle. Before Ezekiel's mind there
>> came the vision of a yet more terrible necessity. "That supply also
>> might tail, and then men would be forced to use the dried contents of
>> the "draught houses" or cesspools of Jerusalem. They would be
>> compelled almost literally to fulfil the taunt of Isaiah 36:12. That
>> thought, as bringing with it the ceremonial pollution of Leviticus
>> 5:3: 7:21, was revolting to Ezekiel as it is to us; but he does not
>> shrink from naming it.
>>
>> It came to him, as with the authority of a Divine command, that he
>> was even to do this, to represent the extreme horrors of the siege.
>> And all this was to be done visibly, before the eyes of his
>> neighbours." http://tinyurl.com/532j9x98
>

> Thank you for sharing that with us, Andrew.

Although Israel were the "chosen people", their history
shows the severe judgments from God that came upon
them when they failed (refused) to follow His counsel.

Jack Sovalot

Jan 29, 2024, 9:59:34 AMJan 29
Most notable was the Babylonian conquest. Deuteronomy and the
Deuteronomic History, assembled during Josiah's reign, were amended
about 25 years later to include reasons for their defeat. So we know
what the establishment claimed it was because that's what the Bible
says.

But the common folks in the countryside disagreed. They blamed the
defeat on Josiah's removal of Asherah from the temple. And so, after
they fled to Egypt and erected the Elephantine temple, they included
prominent trappings for Asherah next to her husband Yahweh.