Censorship

psychi...@my-deja.com

Nov 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/8/99
NEWS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Steve Sanborn or Elizabeth
Daub
November 2, 1999 (540) 659-4171

Nationally syndicated radio show 'Loveline' censors Rock For Life

Washington, DC: The nationally syndicated radio show Loveline prevented
a portion of its program with Rock For Life guest Tina Whittington from
airing in the Mountain, Central and Eastern time zones last Thursday
after host, Dr. Drew, admitted on live West Coast radio that he
personally supports Rock For Life's pro-chastity, pro-life message.
"We have made several attempts to reach Loveline producer Doris Lee at
KROQ-FM in Los Angeles to find out why they cut Rock For Life from the
program, but all we've heard from her is that I wasn't even on the
show," said Whittington.
Program listeners in the Pacific time zone heard a live discussion
between Whittington and Dr. Drew, who discussed the fact that life
begins at conception and that birth control pills can cause abortions.
Dr. Drew explained that conception is "the moment that the sperm and egg
join," and he told Whittington he understands why RFL would be against
birth control pills, citing that "they may prevent implantation" of a
fertilized egg.
The discussion was removed from the rest of the Loveline programming,
which airs in the Mountain, Central and Eastern time zones the following
day.
"Dr. Drew attempted to speak from the prolife perspective and that's
not popular," said Whittington. "Dr. Drew's recognition that life
begins at conception, however, did not coincide with his support for
emergency contraception, which is a known abortifacient by his own
medical standards.
"At one point, he admitted that birth control pills can cause abortions
and even defined EC and regular birth control pills as the same. I
think the contradiction had the radio network scrambling for the
shut-off button, but since it was live, there was nothing to be done."
Doris Lee can be reached at KROQ-FM in Los Angeles at 818-567-1067.

###
Rock for Life is a division of American Life League, the nation's
largest
pro-life educational organization with more than 300,000 supporters.
Rock for Life / P.O. Box 1350 / Stafford, VA 22555 /
http://www.rockforlife.org

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

hereti...@my-deja.com

Nov 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/9/99
In article <806po0$2ru$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

psychi...@my-deja.com wrote:
> NEWS RELEASE
>
> FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Steve Sanborn or
Elizabeth
> Daub
> November 2, 1999 (540) 659-4171
>
> Nationally syndicated radio show 'Loveline' censors Rock For Life

Oh, please, a bunch of third-rate hacks. They suck. Worst lineup
of putridity in the name of rock since Up With People.

> Washington, DC: The nationally syndicated radio show Loveline
prevented
> a portion of its program with Rock For Life guest Tina Whittington
from
> airing in the Mountain, Central and Eastern time zones last Thursday
> after host, Dr. Drew, admitted on live West Coast radio that he
> personally supports Rock For Life's pro-chastity, pro-life message.

So he's a dipshit, at least he understands that RFL sucks
anteater dicks. And that's the bottom line, they SUCK.

> "We have made several attempts to reach Loveline producer Doris Lee
at
> KROQ-FM in Los Angeles to find out why they cut Rock For Life from the
> program, but all we've heard from her is that I wasn't even on the
> show," said Whittington.

Myabe because the gorp was too lame for AM.

> Program listeners in the Pacific time zone heard a live discussion
> between Whittington and Dr. Drew, who discussed the fact that life
> begins at conception

That is not a fact. It's an opinion, one not shared by most
biologists.

> and that birth control pills can cause abortions.

And burning the flag will make Lenin rise from the grave,
and the EvilEmpire will be resurrected.

> Dr. Drew explained that conception is "the moment that the sperm and
egg
> join,"

"Dr" Drew must not have an MD, because conception is not a moment,
it's a process. One, BTW, that is not detectable in normal
situations.

> and he told Whittington he understands why RFL would be against
> birth control pills, citing that "they may prevent implantation" of a
> fertilized egg.

Most fertilized eggs don't implant in women NOT on the pill,
but what has scientific reality got to do with anything?

> The discussion was removed from the rest of the Loveline programming,
> which airs in the Mountain, Central and Eastern time zones the
following
> day.

Good. Because what "Dr" Drew said was complete and utter bullshit.

> "Dr. Drew attempted to speak from the prolife perspective and that's
> not popular," said Whittington. "Dr. Drew's recognition that life
> begins at conception, however, did not coincide with his support for
> emergency contraception, which is a known abortifacient by his own
> medical standards.

Another lie. An abortifacient can work ONLY after implantation.