lightwave vs max, job on the line

Jvcleave

May 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/30/99
Ok this is the situation...
I was recently offered a chance for the postion as an animator and really would
like to take it to get my foot in the door.
Problem is that they are using Lightwave, Not Max which is what I know how to
use and what my whole demo reel is composed from.
My situation is that in order to get this job I would probably have to purchase
Max myself and try to work on a freelance basis and this would come as a big
financial risk for me. Another point is how much to ask for pay. How much are
you guys getting paid? There isn't a lot of documentation on this area of 3d
(that I can find) and don't want to be getting ripped off or look like an
arrogant asshole if I ask for a certain amount ($20 hour??).
Any help would be appreciated. Learning Lightwave over the weekend is kind of
out of the question since I have no access to it and there are no training
center in my area.

Thanks in advance
jvcl...@aol.com

Straynjer

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
Don't stress, Max is widely recognised as a package with similar ability
but a significantly steeper learning curve. Tell your prospective
employer this and sell yourself on the basis of your ability to come up
to speed quickly. No harm in you ending up knowing both packages. And
while I have no idea of your local economics, if you can get 60 minutes
out of an hour I think $20/hr is fair for full time. Although as your
employer I would be expecting you to put in lots of your own time
getting up to speed.

jvcl...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2015, 3:17:38 PM1/4/15