Wall's rubbish

RustyHinge

Aug 10, 2023, 5:22:08 PM8/10/23

Gave carer a shopping-list, a service I appreciat(ed) muchly. *But*, a
small bundle of leeks came back with all greenery chopped off, outer
sheath gorn, and their surfaces all slimy, and adorned wit the label
*Class 2* and priced at £3.32 Unsurprised to see the vendor's name not
on label.

Also I'd asked for 'butcher's sausages' - and was utterly dismayed to
find a pack of boodly Wall's crap. They cooked down to finger-thick
chipolata-sized sticks of something I would *never* have bought myself,
even if they had been the last alleged sausages in the world. I now have
a small pudding basin half full of fat as well as the fingers.

I hope there are no more nasty surprises. Oh, I forgot to mention the
soya mince granules I'd asked for had been substituted by Quorn.

Again!

When given a packet of Quorn,
That mycological porn,
I couldn't donate it
'Cos no person ate it
D.G. later I found it had gorn

--
Rusty Hinge

baz....@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2023, 5:49:28 PM8/12/23
On Thursday, August 10, 2023 at 2:22:08 PM UTC-7, RustyHinge wrote:

> Also I'd asked for 'butcher's sausages' - and was utterly dismayed to
> find a pack of boodly Wall's crap. They cooked down to finger-thick
> chipolata-sized sticks of something I would *never* have bought myself,
> even if they had been the last alleged sausages in the world. I now have
> a small pudding basin half full of fat as well as the fingers.

I've had no success with decent sossidges lately. All I can find generally are "breakfast" or "murple".
BLEAURGH

--
Baz

Mack A. Damia

Aug 12, 2023, 6:33:54 PM8/12/23
On Sat, 12 Aug 2023 14:49:26 -0700 (PDT), "baz....@gmail.com"
<baz....@gmail.com> wrote:
That's what you get for living in the Frozen North, although I don't
know why you can't get pork sausages imported from Argentina.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Raw-Pork-Sages-argentinianh/21128450?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0

Costco always has them, different brands, too.

Mack A. Damia

Aug 12, 2023, 6:38:07 PM8/12/23
P.S. For the pork sausage taste, rinse your mouth well after eating
the moose nuggets.

Sn!pe

Aug 12, 2023, 7:05:59 PM8/12/23
baz....@gmail.com <baz....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hiya, Bazzie! I haven't seen you in ~ages.~ How are you doing?
Apart from being starved of decent sossidges, obvs. My current
fave is pork with sage, heavy on the On!on gravy.

--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Mack A. Damia

Aug 13, 2023, 2:24:16 PM8/13/23
On Sat, 12 Aug 2023 14:49:26 -0700 (PDT), "baz....@gmail.com"
<baz....@gmail.com> wrote:

In Vancouver, and they will ship:

https://www.celtictreasurechest.com/sausages/index.php

baz....@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2023, 5:42:36 PM8/14/23
On Saturday, August 12, 2023 at 4:05:59 PM UTC-7, Sn!pe wrote:

> Hiya, Bazzie! I haven't seen you in ~ages.~ How are you doing?
> Apart from being starved of decent sossidges, obvs. My current
> fave is pork with sage, heavy on the On!on gravy.

Doing well thanks!
Glad to see you are still wadding in here.
I will have to try the butcher locally next but they aren't open on my days off.
A Baz can not live by eggs alone!

--
Baz

Mack A. Damia

Aug 14, 2023, 6:14:22 PM8/14/23
On Mon, 14 Aug 2023 14:42:34 -0700 (PDT), "baz....@gmail.com"
<baz....@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, August 12, 2023 at 4:05:59?PM UTC-7, Sn!pe wrote:
>
>> Hiya, Bazzie! I haven't seen you in ~ages.~ How are you doing?
>> Apart from being starved of decent sossidges, obvs. My current
>> fave is pork with sage, heavy on the On!on gravy.
>
>Doing well thanks!
>Glad to see you are still wadding in here.
>I will have to try the butcher locally next but they aren't open on my days off.
>A Baz can not live by eggs alone!

But your butcher uses moose nuggets in his sausages.

You'll enjoy them, I know.

Ben Newsam

Aug 18, 2023, 4:19:54 PM8/18/23
baz....@gmail.com wrote, though the Organization header says "":
I've mostly given up hope with sossidges recently. The only ones I can
stand are labelled "Lincolnshire", which seem to have an acceptable
blend of herbs and spices. I think I might look into making my own....
--
Ben

RustyHinge

Aug 18, 2023, 7:40:31 PM8/18/23
On 18/08/2023 21:19, Ben Newsam wrote:

> I've mostly given up hope with sossidges recently. The only ones I can
> stand are labelled "Lincolnshire", which seem to have an acceptable
> blend of herbs and spices. I think I might look into making my own....

Not difficult: I used to do so using a funnel and a wooden spoon.

First get your sossidge-skins from a friendly butcher. (The one you get
the meat from seems best bet)

Mince meat to desired consistency, add rusk. I dry stale bread and
comminute it with a pestle and mortar.. Measure out herbs and spices,
salt &c, On!on, garlic &c.

Mix.

Slip sossidgeskin onto funnel and with the handle of the wooden spoon,
push the mix into the skin, allowing the skin to be dragged out of your
grip as it fills.

Nip and twist the skin to form 'links'.

You can get a lot of useful ingredients from Healthy Supplies
healthysupplies.co.uk, including IIRC mushroom powder, herbs and
spices.possibly texturedvegetable protein, &c.

baz....@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2023, 3:41:01 PM8/22/23
On Friday, August 18, 2023 at 1:19:54 PM UTC-7, Ben Newsam wrote:

> I've mostly given up hope with sossidges recently. The only ones I can
> stand are labelled "Lincolnshire", which seem to have an acceptable
> blend of herbs and spices. I think I might look into making my own....

I have tried making my own with an attachment on my Kitchenaide Mixer. I needed to use more fat though.
May try again soon with recipe.

--
Baz

RustyHinge

Aug 24, 2023, 6:01:22 AM8/24/23
Most of my sausage mixes contain very little fat, so you need extra rusk
and extra (thick, rubbery, bouncy) jelly/stock.

Ben Newsam

Aug 31, 2023, 10:50:55 PM8/31/23
baz....@gmail.com wrote, though the Organization header says "":

>On Friday, August 18, 2023 at 1:19:54?PM UTC-7, Ben Newsam wrote:
>
>> I've mostly given up hope with sossidges recently. The only ones I can
>> stand are labelled "Lincolnshire", which seem to have an acceptable
>> blend of herbs and spices. I think I might look into making my own....
>
> I have tried making my own with an attachment on my Kitchenaide Mixer. I needed to use more fat though.
>May try again soon with recipe.

Please persist, and let us all know how you get on.
--
Ben

Ben Newsam

Aug 31, 2023, 10:51:48 PM8/31/23
RustyHinge wrote, though the Organization header says "Diss
Organisation":

>On 22/08/2023 20:40, baz....@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Friday, August 18, 2023 at 1:19:54?PM UTC-7, Ben Newsam wrote:
>>
>>> I've mostly given up hope with sossidges recently. The only ones I can
>>> stand are labelled "Lincolnshire", which seem to have an acceptable
>>> blend of herbs and spices. I think I might look into making my own....
>>
>> I have tried making my own with an attachment on my Kitchenaide Mixer. I needed to use more fat though.
>> May try again soon with recipe.
>
>Most of my sausage mixes contain very little fat, so you need extra rusk
>and extra (thick, rubbery, bouncy) jelly/stock.

Sounds revolting, but of course the proof of the pudding...
--
Ben