Can you freeze an egg?

VictoriaB

Sep 27, 2021, 6:42:54 AM9/27/21
Would you have guessed that eggs are one of the
foods that freeze well? Eggs can also be frozen
raw or cooked. You cannot freeze them in the
shell, but simply crack them and place in a
freezer safe container. You can even use an old
ice cube tray to freeze egg whites or egg yolks
separated for certain recipes. Eggs can freeze up
to a year!

v - still can't boil an easy one to peel
--
https://www.thefarside.com/

Ben Newsam

Sep 27, 2021, 8:40:59 AM9/27/21
VictoriaB wrote, though the Organization header says "Aioe.org NNTP
Server":

>Would you have guessed that eggs are one of the
>foods that freeze well? Eggs can also be frozen
>raw or cooked. You cannot freeze them in the
>shell, but simply crack them and place in a
>freezer safe container. You can even use an old
>ice cube tray to freeze egg whites or egg yolks
>separated for certain recipes. Eggs can freeze up
>to a year!

I never knew that! Something to try.
--
Ben

Themi

Dec 14, 2021, 6:10:00 PM12/14/21
speaking of strange things you can do with eggs, I once saw someone peel
an egg while it was raw only leaving the skin. At the end the egg was
able to hold in all the liquid with just the skin on it's own like a
very fragile water balloon. Apparently the same effect can be achieved
by simply letting an egg sit in vinegar for a week or so because the
vinegar dissolves the egg shell.