I could really have done without this

Bear

Nov 12, 2002, 3:06:08 PM11/12/02
In article <MgQVe8F$ZV09...@scat.demon.co.uk>, ro...@scat.demon.co.uk
says...

> If anybody's in the London area and wants a good dressmaker then I don't
> know of any, but if you want one who will fob you off with excuses,
> charge you a fortune, and leave you in the lurch at the last minute,
> then I certainly know one.

Strewth. Sounds appalling.

OTOH, it's a good advert for just living in sin ;-)=
--
Bastard Bear
These are my own opinions, and not necessarily those of all Bears

Baz

Nov 12, 2002, 3:23:03 PM11/12/02
When out of the night , which was fifty below, and into the din and
glare, there stumbled , Rosie Tavener-Jones <ro...@scat.demon.co.uk>
fresh from the creeks , dog dirty and loaded for bear:
<8<8< not dressmakers scissors>
>I've been struggling with this wedding thing all along but this really
>takes the biscuit and I just don't think I can do any more coping.
>Unless I feel radically different tomorrow, the wedding's off. And
>somehow I don't think that I'll wake up in the morning and think "oh,
>yes, well *that's* not a problem".

Aw shit Rosie! That sucks!
Huge <<<<<HUGS>>>>>
I hope you work it out somehow.

--
Baz............who know all about Murphy and his SF laws

Geoff B

Nov 12, 2002, 3:15:04 PM11/12/02

"Rosie Tavener-Jones" scared me silly with a tale that even Stephen King
would have been proud of...

Jeez -

That sounds a good case for the "Trades Description" act, backed up with a
"merchantable quality" clause plus a side-suit for "mental anguish".

I could represent you, but I'd probably blow it, but I reckon you could at
least reclaim the money . . .

And if not - get very telling photos and make sure _everyone_ sees the
mess she's made.

But I hope the day goes well. Enjoy every moment of it, and make it last as
long as you can!!

All the best,

_______
Geoff B

Snowleopard

Nov 12, 2002, 4:21:51 PM11/12/02
On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 19:30:46 GMT, Rosie Tavener-Jones
<ro...@scat.demon.co.uk> said

<snip>

Oh hell, Rosie...

I can only suggest you find your nearest Monsoon store - they have
some *gorgeous* dresses in there. I've seen several in there which
would do justice to any bride, and you'll be able to find some nice
accoutrements in Accessorise, which should be nearby.

Good luck {{hugs}}

--
Snowleopard *Put the cat out to reply* >^..^<

So baby, kiss me like a drug, like a respirator,
Let me fall into the dream of the astronaut...

Rosie Tavener-Jones

Nov 12, 2002, 2:30:46 PM11/12/02
After weeks of excuses and being generally unreliable - making
appointments then cancelling at the last minute and rescheduling only to
cancel again later - our dressmaker finally came round today with the
allegedly finished articles; one wedding dress for me, one suit for
Stephen. She's done a fair enough job on the suit but my dress is just
appalling. And she charged me a thousand bloody pounds.

I've had a really bad time with her right from the start. She came
highly recommended but there hasn't been a single time I've been to see
her that I haven't fled in tears because she never bloody listens.
After one such occasion, early on, I wanted to sack her, but Stephen
persuaded me not to; he thought she would do a very good job. Well he's
eating his words now. Neither of us can believe what an awful job she's
made of it. It's just awful. She's managed to make it so tight round
the chest that my tits are crushed and the zip is straining, while
elsewhere it's baggy in the most unflattering possible way. And that's
just for starters. There's plenty more wrong with it.

She's had five months to do it, and she left it till the last minute, so
that now we can't do anything about it. We are supposed to be leaving
tomorrow evening, so she's given us about 24 hours to find some kind of
replacement, never mind that our time is absolutely crammed with all
manner of last minute stuff. How the hell were we supposed to know that
we'd need to find a replacement wedding dress at this point? She was
supposed to bring the finished articles round on Friday (and of course
that would have been leaving it late, even if she had managed it) but
no, then she cancelled, and wanted to (inconveniently) come round Monday
morning, then on Monday morning she cancelled and wanted to
(inconveniently) come round Monday evening, and then she cancelled, and
wanted to (inconveniently) come round today. If she'd come round Friday
like she was supposed to, at least we could have stood some chance of
being able to find another emergency dressmaker, and say to her, look,
this is awful, can you fix this? But with one day, there's no way. It
can't be fixed. We're shafted.

I've been struggling with this wedding thing all along but this really
takes the biscuit and I just don't think I can do any more coping.
Unless I feel radically different tomorrow, the wedding's off. And
somehow I don't think that I'll wake up in the morning and think "oh,
yes, well *that's* not a problem".

If anybody's in the London area and wants a good dressmaker then I don't

know of any, but if you want one who will fob you off with excuses,
charge you a fortune, and leave you in the lurch at the last minute,
then I certainly know one.

--
Rosiebint

zeldabee

Nov 12, 2002, 4:34:39 PM11/12/02
Rosie Tavener-Jones <ro...@scat.demon.co.uk> wrote:
[...]

> I've been struggling with this wedding thing all along but this really
> takes the biscuit and I just don't think I can do any more coping.[...]

Really sorry to hear about your trauma with the dressmaker. I hope
something works out for you...it's awful to think that you'll have to
postpone your wedding because of this person's incompetence. :o/

I know it's no comfort, but this reminds me of my cousin and his
betrothed's first attempt to get married last year...their wedding was
originally scheduled to take place September 14--they were going to fly
over there September 12...

I really hope something else works out for you, so I can yell, Znmry Gbi!

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m http://NewsReader.Com/

Cerian

Nov 12, 2002, 4:20:32 PM11/12/02
In article <MgQVe8F$ZV09...@scat.demon.co.uk>, Rosie Tavener-Jones
<ro...@scat.demon.co.uk> writes

>After weeks of excuses and being generally unreliable - making
>appointments then cancelling at the last minute and rescheduling only to
>cancel again later - our dressmaker finally came round today with the
>allegedly finished articles; one wedding dress for me, one suit for
>Stephen. She's done a fair enough job on the suit but my dress is just
>appalling. And she charged me a thousand bloody pounds.

<snipped the horrible stuff>

>I've been struggling with this wedding thing all along but this really
>takes the biscuit and I just don't think I can do any more coping.
>Unless I feel radically different tomorrow, the wedding's off. And
>somehow I don't think that I'll wake up in the morning and think "oh,
>yes, well *that's* not a problem".

I wish I could offer some help here but I can't. Is the dress totally
unsalvageable? Could another local dressmaker maybe let the top bit out
- there are some really clever people around.

Hope it doesn't come to the worst :(

(((hugs)))

--
Cerian

Rosie Tavener-Jones

Nov 12, 2002, 5:10:53 PM11/12/02
In message <MPG.183b7230b...@news.CIS.DFN.DE>, Anna Begins
<anna....@virgin.net> writes
>She charged you - you don't have to actually pay it, do you? Not fit for
>the purpose etc etc?

Guess what - she wanted cash. And now we know why. When it came to it,
I was so upset, I just wanted her out of my fucking house, I wanted her
gone, I wanted to never ever have to have anything to do with her again,
that Stephen handed over the cash. I'd actually already left the house
by then.

>I wish I could tell you that it doesn't matter. I wish I was a better
>dressmaker so I could get the first train to London and help fix it.

Is very kind, but that wouldn't help. We leave tomorrow evening, that's
the problem. I have absolutely no time to do anything tomorrow anyway.
I can't see any solution to this.

>I wish I could pour you a large drink ...

Can't even pour myself a small one. I can't drink at the best of times,
and pregnant ain't the time to start. Otherwise I'd already be at the
bottom of a gin bottle, trust me on this.

>Instead - all I can do is send virtual hugs.....

Thanks :=(

--
Rosiebint

Reverend Shadow

Nov 12, 2002, 5:09:23 PM11/12/02
It's a hyrax of destiny! It's a badger of doom! No, it's just Rosie
Tavener-Jones <ro...@scat.demon.co.uk>, strung out on Red Bull and
yammering about:

>After weeks of excuses and being generally unreliable - making
>appointments then cancelling at the last minute and rescheduling only to
>cancel again later - our dressmaker finally came round today with the
>allegedly finished articles; one wedding dress for me, one suit for
>Stephen. She's done a fair enough job on the suit but my dress is just
>appalling. And she charged me a thousand bloody pounds.

That's horrible! I sure hope you havent' pre-paid.
[...]

>I've been struggling with this wedding thing all along but this really
>takes the biscuit and I just don't think I can do any more coping.
>Unless I feel radically different tomorrow, the wedding's off. And
>somehow I don't think that I'll wake up in the morning and think "oh,
>yes, well *that's* not a problem".

You've been under an incredible amount of stress over the last few
months, and I can see how you'd react this way, but is the *dress*
really more important than the *wedding?*

>If anybody's in the London area and wants a good dressmaker then I don't
>know of any, but if you want one who will fob you off with excuses,
>charge you a fortune, and leave you in the lurch at the last minute,
>then I certainly know one.

If you give me her name and e-mail address, I might be able to assure
her box being flooded with the most perverse pr0n available <she says
surreptitiously> for weeks and weeks. ;-)
--
Reverend Shadow--thinking everything will sort itself out in the
end....

zol

Nov 12, 2002, 6:00:40 PM11/12/02

"Rosie Tavener-Jones" <ro...@scat.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> After weeks of excuses and being generally unreliable - making
> appointments then cancelling at the last minute and rescheduling only to
> cancel again later - our dressmaker finally came round today with the
> allegedly finished articles; one wedding dress for me, one suit for
> Stephen. She's done a fair enough job on the suit but my dress is just
> appalling. And she charged me a thousand bloody pounds.

Rosie, I am so sorry to hear this. I wish I could do something to help.
Should I have Vinnie and Rocco fly over there and make her "do the right
thing"?

zol---sending hugs and good wishes rosie's way
> Rosiebint

LilPeach

Nov 12, 2002, 2:49:15 PM11/12/02

"Rosie Tavener-Jones" <ro...@scat.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> After weeks of excuses and being generally unreliable - making
> appointments then cancelling at the last minute and rescheduling only to
> cancel again later - our dressmaker finally came round today with the
> allegedly finished articles; one wedding dress for me, one suit for
> Stephen. She's done a fair enough job on the suit but my dress is just
> appalling. And she charged me a thousand bloody pounds.

[snipped sad story]

> If anybody's in the London area and wants a good dressmaker then I don't
> know of any, but if you want one who will fob you off with excuses,
> charge you a fortune, and leave you in the lurch at the last minute,
> then I certainly know one.

Oh, Rosie....oh dear!!

Please feel free to post the phag'f name all over usenet.

Does the UK have the equivalent of our Better Business Bureau? If so, I'd
register a complaint and get my dosh refunded IIWY.

<<<HUGS>>>

--
LilPeach
Posting almost live from jbex.

Bear

Nov 12, 2002, 6:30:52 PM11/12/02
In article <rxnMqBJi...@scat.demon.co.uk>, ro...@scat.demon.co.uk
says...

> In message <MPG.183b7230b...@news.CIS.DFN.DE>, Anna Begins
> <anna....@virgin.net> writes
> >She charged you - you don't have to actually pay it, do you? Not fit for
> >the purpose etc etc?
>
> Guess what - she wanted cash. And now we know why. When it came to it,
> I was so upset, I just wanted her out of my fucking house, I wanted her
> gone, I wanted to never ever have to have anything to do with her again,
> that Stephen handed over the cash. I'd actually already left the house
> by then.

Normally I hate to suggest litigation, as I can't stand it, but in this
case you've got a strong case for suing the bitch for what you paid
*plus* compensation; might not sound good ATM, but wait til you get a
nice holiday in, say, the Caribbean as a result :-)=

Anna Begins

Nov 12, 2002, 3:17:29 PM11/12/02
Rosie Tavener-Jones said:
> After weeks of excuses and being generally unreliable - making
> appointments then cancelling at the last minute and rescheduling only to
> cancel again later - our dressmaker finally came round today with the
> allegedly finished articles; one wedding dress for me, one suit for
> Stephen. She's done a fair enough job on the suit but my dress is just
> appalling. And she charged me a thousand bloody pounds.

She charged you - you don't have to actually pay it, do you? Not fit for
the purpose etc etc?

> I've had a really bad time with her right from the start. She came
> highly recommended but there hasn't been a single time I've been to see
> her that I haven't fled in tears because she never bloody listens.
> After one such occasion, early on, I wanted to sack her, but Stephen
> persuaded me not to; he thought she would do a very good job. Well he's
> eating his words now. Neither of us can believe what an awful job she's
> made of it. It's just awful. She's managed to make it so tight round
> the chest that my tits are crushed and the zip is straining, while
> elsewhere it's baggy in the most unflattering possible way. And that's
> just for starters. There's plenty more wrong with it.

Eek!!

<snipped but not skipped>

> I've been struggling with this wedding thing all along but this really
> takes the biscuit and I just don't think I can do any more coping.
> Unless I feel radically different tomorrow, the wedding's off. And
> somehow I don't think that I'll wake up in the morning and think "oh,
> yes, well *that's* not a problem".

I wish I could tell you that it doesn't matter. I wish I was a better

dressmaker so I could get the first train to London and help fix it.

I wish I could pour you a large drink ...

Instead - all I can do is send virtual hugs.....

--
Anna

We are all travellers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we
can find in our travels is an honest friend.
- Robert Louis Stevenson

Ben Newsam

Nov 12, 2002, 5:02:42 PM11/12/02
In message <MgQVe8F$ZV09...@scat.demon.co.uk>, Rosie Tavener-Jones
<ro...@scat.demon.co.uk> writes

>I've been struggling with this wedding thing all along but this really
>takes the biscuit and I just don't think I can do any more coping.
>Unless I feel radically different tomorrow, the wedding's off.

Sorry to hear this. You have my sympathy. Sometimes some horrible Stuff
does get thrown our way, innit?
--
Ben

Dianne van Dulken

Nov 12, 2002, 8:58:59 PM11/12/02
Coyly clenching a rose 'twixt the teeth, Rosie Tavener-Jones
<ro...@scat.demon.co.uk> sang the following in a piercing false
falsetto:
<snip horrible incompetent dressmaker story>

HUGS to you Rosie. That is so dreadful.

But, remember, the wedding isn't only about the dress. It is about
all the people who love you being there to see you really happy.
You'd look gorgeous in a paper bag, really.

HUGS again.

Di
--
Dianne van Dulken
http://www.dogmac.com

Rosie Tavener-Jones

Nov 13, 2002, 1:58:07 AM11/13/02
In message <B9F7371C.2DCB7%jan...@earthlink.net>, jane
<jan...@earthlink.net> writes
>on 11/12/02 2:30 PM, Rosie Tavener-Jones told the world off:

>> It can't be fixed. We're shafted.
>
>oh dear. i'm sorry.
>
>i just hope that now that you've
>had the requisite wedding disaster,
>it's out of the way, and everything
>else will be brightshineyperfect.

*the* requisite wedding disaster? It's been nothing but disasters all
along. Don't get me started. I am so exhausted from having to keep on
trying to summon up the courage to keep on trying, I just can't do it
any more. This one is merely the latest in a long line. I've tried. I
give up.

>you deserve no less.

I made the mistake of thinking that too.

>best wishes!

Thank you.

--
Rosiebint

Vivianne

Nov 13, 2002, 6:11:32 AM11/13/02
In article <MgQVe8F$ZV09...@scat.demon.co.uk>, Rosie Tavener-Jones
<ro...@scat.demon.co.uk> writes

> It
>can't be fixed. We're shafted.
>
>I've been struggling with this wedding thing all along but this really
>takes the biscuit and I just don't think I can do any more coping.
>Unless I feel radically different tomorrow, the wedding's off. And
>somehow I don't think that I'll wake up in the morning and think "oh,
>yes, well *that's* not a problem".

Oh bugger!

I hope you get sorted but remember it is the marriage that counts not
the decorations. Do you have to wear something formal? Why don't you
and Steve get married in bright rainbow colours - like Steve's socks?
You'll certainly stand out in a crowd. Not just socks of course.....

I am reminded of the wedding of a friend of mine - she had the same
difficulty with the cake which was delivered on the morning of the
wedding and was *atrocious*. She was in tears and furious but yours
truly managed to borrow a dummy plaster multi-tiered cake from a local
bakery which looked fantastic. It looked great for the photos and the
guests wondered why the cake they were actually eating had blue
decoration while the cake they saw was all white. I wish there was an
easy solution for your problem as well.

I wish you well - enjoy it for what it is and just think of the stories
you can tell your children. That is not going to help atm though. Wish
I could help.

--
"We aliens, set apart, reach only with fantasies"

Reverend Shadow

Nov 13, 2002, 3:16:59 PM11/13/02
It's a hyrax of destiny! It's a badger of doom! No, it's just Rosie
Tavener-Jones <ro...@scat.demon.co.uk>, strung out on Red Bull and
yammering about:

[...]

>We've just got back from that meeting, and though she had made some
>changes, it was still a very long way away from being anywhere near
>right. We got our money back.

Wonderful! Let's trash her reputation anyway! <g>

>Stephen's been sick with stress all day, unable to eat, poor lamb. We
>both hate confrontation, and we've had a double dose today. But at
>least, for once, we didn't end up saying "oooh yes, thank you for
>shafting us; please take lots of money, we don't mind being treated
>badly". Honour is satisfied, I think. And *that* is what makes the
>difference for me.

<fx: Rev nods knowingly>

>As for what I wear to the wedding, looks like it's going to be Plan B.
>Or C.

I am exceptionally glad to hear that there is still a wedding. :-)
--
Reverend Shadow--counting the days....

Kathryn Ghent

Nov 13, 2002, 3:59:48 PM11/13/02
In article <BeO2xnDH...@scat.demon.co.uk>, Rosie Tavener-Jones
<ro...@scat.demon.co.uk> whilst juggling cold meatballs quickly typed..

>As for what I wear to the wedding, looks like it's going to be Plan B.
>Or C.

Naked - you know it makes sense.
--
Kathryn

"Cheer up!" they said, "Things could be worse!" So I
cheered up, and sure enough, things got worse .

Loz Pycock

Nov 13, 2002, 4:56:46 PM11/13/02
Mumble, mumble Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:57:38 GMT mumble, Rosie
Tavener-Jones <ro...@scat.demon.co.uk> mumble, "Hello, my name is
Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die", mumble, mumble
wrote:

>Ok, good news. After a hellish night I rang places like the Citizen
>Advice Bureau & the local trading standards office this morning, and got
>the low-down on what I could do about the situation. Then we phoned the
>dressmaker & made clear that we were very unhappy with the dress, which
>was not fit for the purpose, and to cut a long story short, especially
>leaving out the arguing, we made it clear that if the dress hadn't been
>fixed in all its myriad ghastliness by 6pm tonight, then we wanted out
>money back.

>We've just got back from that meeting, and though she had made some
>changes, it was still a very long way away from being anywhere near
>right. We got our money back.

Hurrah! It's all going to get better from now on, because we say so,
and if Fate knows what's good for him, he'll make sure of it as well.

Loz

"'What was your Mother's maiden name'? What was her first name? I don't
know, we always called her 'Ma'!"- Dylan Moran, 'Black Books'
"You've got to fight to the death for the right to live your life."
- Pulp 'I Love Life'

Reverend Shadow

Nov 13, 2002, 4:26:44 PM11/13/02
It's a hyrax of destiny! It's a badger of doom! No, it's just
Kathryn Ghent <kat...@nospam.ghent.demon.co.uk>, strung out on Red
Bull and yammering about:

>In article <BeO2xnDH...@scat.demon.co.uk>, Rosie Tavener-Jones

><ro...@scat.demon.co.uk> whilst juggling cold meatballs quickly typed..
>
>>As for what I wear to the wedding, looks like it's going to be Plan B.
>>Or C.
>
>Naked - you know it makes sense.

ITYM "sky-clad."
--
Reverend Shadow--who could wear a whole lot of sky, to be sure....

Rosie Tavener-Jones

Nov 13, 2002, 3:27:43 PM11/13/02
In message <enc5tu8rta1mjaod2...@4ax.com>, Reverend Shadow
<rcbe...@earthlink.net> writes

>>We've just got back from that meeting, and though she had made some
>>changes, it was still a very long way away from being anywhere near
>>right. We got our money back.
>
>Wonderful! Let's trash her reputation anyway! <g>

I kind of feel inclined not to, now. When it came down to it, she gave
us our money back without arguing. She did ultimately behave
honourably.

>>As for what I wear to the wedding, looks like it's going to be Plan B.
>>Or C.
>
>I am exceptionally glad to hear that there is still a wedding. :-)

Indeed yes, for without our wedding on the 15th, how would you know when
your birthday was? You might miss it, and that would be terrible.....

Happy birthday for Sunday, anyway; I'll be back Monday, probably
married. To someone.

--
Rosiebint

Spuddie

Nov 13, 2002, 6:01:20 PM11/13/02
On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:57:38 GMT out on the very edge of my peripheral
vision, I saw Rosie Tavener-Jones <ro...@scat.demon.co.uk> stick a
finger in the lemon curd and feed it to a badger while saying:

>We've just got back from that meeting, and though she had made some
>changes, it was still a very long way away from being anywhere near
>right. We got our money back.

Well, I am glad of that, at least. Rosie, I'm so sorry for this
trouble you've had to go through. I hope that your wedding day turns
out absolutely wonderful despite all this mess, and many blessings for
the future.

((((((((((((Rosie and Stephen))))))))))))

Cheryl
~~~Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing,
moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just
common sense, dancing.~~~ (William James)

Vivianne

Nov 13, 2002, 6:05:36 PM11/13/02
In article <BeO2xnDH...@scat.demon.co.uk>, Rosie Tavener-Jones
<ro...@scat.demon.co.uk> writes

>As for what I wear to the wedding, looks like it's going to be Plan B. Or C.

Rainbow socks!!!! You know it makes sense.

Baz

Nov 13, 2002, 4:34:57 PM11/13/02
When out of the night , which was fifty below, and into the din and
glare, there stumbled , Rosie Tavener-Jones <ro...@scat.demon.co.uk>
fresh from the creeks , dog dirty and loaded for bear:

>As for what I wear to the wedding, looks like it's going to be Plan B.
>Or C.

I'll put mine in the mail shall I? You can have it, I'll never wear it
again <eg>

--
Baz

Rosie Tavener-Jones

LilPeach

Nov 13, 2002, 3:11:07 PM11/13/02

"Rosie Tavener-Jones" <ro...@scat.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

Extremely glad to hear you got it sorted. Just have the happiest of days,
both of you. Someday, I promise, you will larf about all this.

theBlob

Nov 13, 2002, 7:43:03 PM11/13/02
In article <MgQVe8F$ZV09...@scat.demon.co.uk>, somebody wrote:
[dress *shudder*]

prolly too late but shpx rz
just forget about it for the moment
do what you can any try not to let this penc get you down
remember why you are doing this and try to enjoy yourself with
what you have
don't let some moneygrubbing talentless gjng spoil your day
you're a role player, improvise, roll with the punches and have
a good time despite the difficulties

then when you come back either burn it and forget about it
or take them to small claims court (or Brit equiv) or sue the
thimbles off her

best wishes to you both
and here's your fixed width present

.___________.
| |
___________. | | /~\ |
/ __ __ /| | _ _ |_| |
/ /:/ /:/ / | !________|__!
/ /:/ /:/ / | |
/ /:/ /:/ / |____________!
/ /:/ /:/ / |
/ /:/ /:/ / |
/ ~~ ~~ / |
|~~~~~~~~~~| |
| :: | /
| == | /
| :: | /
| :: | /
| :: @ | /
!__________!/

By: MI...@ib.rl.ac.uk (Someone else and I touched it up a bit.)

blob

Anna Begins

Nov 13, 2002, 4:03:53 PM11/13/02
Rosie Tavener-Jones said:
> Ok, good news. After a hellish night I rang places like the Citizen
> Advice Bureau & the local trading standards office this morning, and got
> the low-down on what I could do about the situation. Then we phoned the
> dressmaker & made clear that we were very unhappy with the dress, which
> was not fit for the purpose, and to cut a long story short, especially
> leaving out the arguing, we made it clear that if the dress hadn't been
> fixed in all its myriad ghastliness by 6pm tonight, then we wanted out
> money back.

Good for you!

> We've just got back from that meeting, and though she had made some
> changes, it was still a very long way away from being anywhere near
> right. We got our money back.

Yay! Not sure what you're going to wear though...

> Stephen's been sick with stress all day, unable to eat, poor lamb. We
> both hate confrontation, and we've had a double dose today. But at
> least, for once, we didn't end up saying "oooh yes, thank you for
> shafting us; please take lots of money, we don't mind being treated
> badly". Honour is satisfied, I think. And *that* is what makes the
> difference for me.

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better about this horrible business.

> As for what I wear to the wedding, looks like it's going to be Plan B.
> Or C.

I'm just relieved to hear that there is going to *be* a wedding!

As for advice to what to wear - when in doubt, wear black :)

Best of luck for the 15th, and when you've recovered, drop me an e-mail -
I have nearly finished the jumper for the sproglet, and want to know
where to send it!

Rosie Tavener-Jones

Nov 13, 2002, 5:47:44 PM11/13/02
In message <9sk5tusf8ai5omid2...@4ax.com>, JJ
<ne...@crydee.demon.co.uk> writes

>>As for what I wear to the wedding, looks like it's going to be Plan B.
>>Or C.
>
>Whatever you choose you'll look gorgeous! :)

Why thank you.

Don't tell anyone, but it looks like it's going to be a shpxvat meringue
after all. Best I could manage at short notice.

>Equally, whatever you choose, your children will make fun of it in
>years to come! ;)

Of course.

--
Rosiebint

theBlob

Nov 13, 2002, 7:47:15 PM11/13/02
In article <BeO2xnDH...@scat.demon.co.uk>, somebody wrote:

[the forces of good triumph]

YAY!

will the money be going onto the bar tab?
i'll be roight over

blob

Baz

Nov 14, 2002, 1:41:17 AM11/14/02
When out of the night , which was fifty below, and into the din and
glare, there stumbled , Rosie Tavener-Jones <ro...@scat.demon.co.uk>
fresh from the creeks , dog dirty and loaded for bear:

>In message <9sk5tusf8ai5omid2...@4ax.com>, JJ

><ne...@crydee.demon.co.uk> writes
>>>As for what I wear to the wedding, looks like it's going to be Plan B.
>>>Or C.
>>
>>Whatever you choose you'll look gorgeous! :)
>
>Why thank you.
>
>Don't tell anyone, but it looks like it's going to be a shpxvat meringue
>after all. Best I could manage at short notice.

You will look lovely Rosie , no matter what.
Best wishes my dear...don't forget to post us the jpgs!

--
Baz

Baz

Nov 14, 2002, 1:39:36 AM11/14/02
When out of the night , which was fifty below, and into the din and
glare, there stumbled , m...@here.com (theBlob) fresh from the creeks ,

dog dirty and loaded for bear:

>don't let some moneygrubbing talentless gjng spoil your day

~~~~~

That gets my vote for righteous rot of the week!
I can even pronounce it......GaJing!

--
Baz

nogginthenog

Nov 14, 2002, 8:05:54 AM11/14/02
Anna Begins wrote:

> Rosie Tavener-Jones said:
> > We got our money back.
>
> Yay! Not sure what you're going to wear though...

> > As for what I wear to the wedding, looks like it's going

> > to be Plan B. Or C.

Well, geting your money back is good. I was going to suggest
telephoning any dressmakers in the area and explaining your
situation... to get a fast job done on the unfinished article,
but you're marrying tomorrow! & you haven't got the thing.
The timescale sort of boots out the alternative, as well,
which was a lightning tour of shops for something "off the
peg" which would do the trick, or could be quickly adjusted.

Good luck with it, anyway. As someone else said, it's the
marriage that's the important thing - the trappings are
just that. However, I can see it's very inconvenient, esp.
if you're going for a big do, which it appears you are.

What is "Plan B"? (if you feel like mentioning it!).

Get your own evilemail.com address at http://www.evilemail.com

nogginthenog

Nov 14, 2002, 10:16:22 AM11/14/02
theBlob wrote:
> take them to small claims court (or Brit equiv)

Erm, it's the same (except it is a normal court, but a "small
claims procedure" in fact, but called the "small claims court
by most).

> or sue the thimbles off her

Oooh, nasty. Can't just apply the clamps for a while?

Ben Newsam

Nov 14, 2002, 8:50:33 PM11/14/02
In message <MPG.183e58107...@news.cis.dfn.de>, Bear
<bastardUND...@yahoo.com> writes
>"I had lunch with Laura and she explained why she and Ted hadn't had
>children ... she said "We got the blood tests back: I have too much
>albumen, and Ted has too much sugar.
>
>We can't have children, but we can make lovely meringues""

ROFL!
--
Ben

Bear

Nov 14, 2002, 8:02:41 PM11/14/02
In article <+q658GOU...@scat.demon.co.uk>, Rosie Tavener-Jones
wibbled...

I'm reminded of the line Kenneth Williams once wrote:

"I had lunch with Laura and she explained why she and Ted hadn't had
children ... she said "We got the blood tests back: I have too much
albumen, and Ted has too much sugar.

We can't have children, but we can make lovely meringues""

theBlob

Nov 15, 2002, 7:16:03 AM11/15/02
In article <MPG.183e58107...@news.cis.dfn.de>, somebody wrote:
>In article <+q658GOU...@scat.demon.co.uk>, Rosie Tavener-Jones
>wibbled...
>
>> Don't tell anyone, but it looks like it's going to be a shpxvat meringue
>> after all. Best I could manage at short notice.
>
>I'm reminded of the line Kenneth Williams once wrote:
>
>"I had lunch with Laura and she explained why she and Ted hadn't had
>children ... she said "We got the blood tests back: I have too much
>albumen, and Ted has too much sugar.
>
>We can't have children, but we can make lovely meringues""

owwwwwww
http://www.prod-ent.freeserve.co.uk/carryon/index.html

blob

theBlob

Nov 15, 2002, 7:20:45 AM11/15/02
In article <200211140716...@fatbabies.com>, somebody wrote:
>theBlob wrote:
>> take them to small claims court (or Brit equiv)
>
>Erm, it's the same (except it is a normal court, but a "small
>claims procedure" in fact, but called the "small claims court
>by most).

i see, we have a separate Small Claims Division of the Local Court
some states have a Small Claims Tribunal

>> or sue the thimbles off her
>
>Oooh, nasty. Can't just apply the clamps for a while?

as a start

blob

Mike

Nov 23, 2002, 11:39:40 AM11/23/02
JJ <ne...@crydee.demon.co.uk> writes

>I'm made up for you! :)

Fancy! ;)

--
Mike

Rosie Tavener-Jones

Nov 25, 2002, 6:31:29 AM11/25/02
In message <n2n2uuk9724src4ls...@4ax.com>, JJ
<ne...@crydee.demon.co.uk> writes

>On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 Mike wrote:
>>JJ <ne...@crydee.demon.co.uk> writes
>>
>>>I'm made up for you! :)
>>
>>Fancy! ;)
>
>LOL!
>
>I'm not sure though... do you think this glittery eye shadow suits me?
><g>
>
>JJ - fluttering his eyelashes

jpegs!

--
Rosiebint

Mike

Nov 25, 2002, 1:36:25 PM11/25/02
JJ <ne...@crydee.demon.co.uk> writes
>On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 Mike wrote:

>>>I'm made up for you! :)
>>
>>Fancy! ;)
>

>LOL!
>
>I'm not sure though... do you think this glittery eye shadow suits me?

I'm sure it suits you just fine... not sure about the shimmering
cleavage enhancer though.

--
Mike

Rosie Tavener-Jones

Nov 25, 2002, 1:41:49 PM11/25/02
In message <9eBv4NBp...@clara.co.uk>, Mike <mi...@clara.co.uk>
writes

Horses for courses, I think it suits our JJ great. But, JJ, perhaps a
different shade of lippy? Not that that one doesn't suit you, it's just
that Cheerslove wears a similar shade, which frankly I find
alarming.....

--
Rosiebint

Rosie Tavener-Jones

Nov 25, 2002, 4:31:58 PM11/25/02
In message <1k45uuc250unu2dc7...@4ax.com>, JJ
<ne...@crydee.demon.co.uk> writes

>On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 Rosie Tavener-Jones wrote:
>>In message <9eBv4NBp...@clara.co.uk>, Mike <mi...@clara.co.uk>
>>writes
>>>JJ <ne...@crydee.demon.co.uk> writes
>[...]

>>>I'm sure it suits you just fine... not sure about the shimmering
>>>cleavage enhancer though.
>
>How do you know about that? <g>

>>Horses for courses, I think it suits our JJ great. But, JJ, perhaps a
>>different shade of lippy? Not that that one doesn't suit you, it's just
>>that Cheerslove wears a similar shade, which frankly I find
>>alarming.....
>
>Urk! Hmm... so what do you think will suit me? Hot pink?

Hot pink with spangly bits maybe? On the plus side, we'll never have
any more difficulty remembering which is your tea cup...

--
Rosiebint