Apple Pie

Sn!pe

Jan 23, 2023, 9:08:37 AM1/23/23
An apple pie without the cheese
is like a kiss without the squeeze.

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

~ Slava Ukraini ~

Julian Macassey

Jan 23, 2023, 10:36:13 AM1/23/23
On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:08:35 +0000, Sn!pe <snip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> An apple pie without the cheese
> is like a kiss without the squeeze.

Apple pie is best with creme fraiche, cheese ruins the
apple pie and the cheese.

--
The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos

John Williamson

Jan 23, 2023, 11:04:07 AM1/23/23
On 23/01/2023 15:36, Julian Macassey wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:08:35 +0000, Sn!pe <snip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> An apple pie without the cheese
>> is like a kiss without the squeeze.
>
> Apple pie is best with creme fraiche, cheese ruins the
> apple pie and the cheese.

I love hot apple pie with ice cream.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

William Stickers

Jan 23, 2023, 11:08:08 AM1/23/23
A guilty pleasure of mine is a McDonald's apple pie, I've
not had one for donkey's years though.
Apple Crumble and Custard is my absolute fav.

William Stickers

Jan 23, 2023, 11:10:39 AM1/23/23
Sn!pe wrote:

> An apple pie without the cheese
> is like a kiss without the squeeze.

My older sister used to like cheese and strawberry jam
sarnies.

Kerr-Mudd, John

Jan 23, 2023, 11:15:04 AM1/23/23
Sorry I'm still working my way through a stockpile of Mince Pies (V).

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Adrian

Jan 23, 2023, 12:08:01 PM1/23/23
In message <HhyzL.2053210$nwq3.1...@usenetxs.com>, William Stickers
<bill.s...@innocent.com> writes
>A guilty pleasure of mine is a McDonald's apple pie, I've
>not had one for donkey's years though.

I think I might of had one of those on my first and so far only visit to
that particular establishment in 1981.

>Apple Crumble and Custard is my absolute fav.

Rhubarb Crumble and Custard should be served here within the hour.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops

Mack A. Damia

Jan 23, 2023, 12:31:06 PM1/23/23
On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 17:03:01 +0000, Adrian <bul...@ku.gro.lioff>
wrote:

>In message <HhyzL.2053210$nwq3.1...@usenetxs.com>, William Stickers
><bill.s...@innocent.com> writes
>>A guilty pleasure of mine is a McDonald's apple pie, I've
>>not had one for donkey's years though.
>
>I think I might of had one of those on my first and so far only visit to
>that particular establishment in 1981.
>
>>Apple Crumble and Custard is my absolute fav.
>
>Rhubarb Crumble and Custard should be served here within the hour.

I enjoy rice pudding. I like the ones the supermarket sells along
with yoghurt and several other puddings. Easy-Peasy.

Sn!pe

Jan 23, 2023, 1:07:18 PM1/23/23
My first wife (Danish) liked that too, it's quite usual in
Denmark. When you get right down to it, Branston Pickle
is basically sour, spicy jam. Myself, I rather like a barely ripe
bananana with a chunk of good, strong, vintage Cheddar.

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.
"Germany is the leading European Power."

Viva

Jan 25, 2023, 4:47:35 AM1/25/23
That's how I like mine! But looky here, this is me VictoriaB, using dang google groups because I can't access news.aioe.org. I get this: "A News (NNTP) error occurred: Cannot connect to NNTP server 46.165.242.91 (46.165.242.91:119), connect error 10060."

What's going on? Is everything down?

Viva

Jan 25, 2023, 5:00:05 AM1/25/23
On Monday, January 23, 2023 at 10:04:07 AM UTC-6, John Williamson wrote:
~~~
Hello God, it's me Victoria... have you put news.aioe.org asunder? All I get is:

"A News (NNTP) error occurred: Cannot connect to NNTP server 46.165.242.91 (46.165.242.91:119), connect error 10060"

Don't get me wrong Lord, I dearly love using Google Groups.. but I'm settled in my ways.

William Stickers

Jan 25, 2023, 5:54:43 AM1/25/23
AIOE is not working.

I would suggest getting an account at Eternal September.
They won't spam you, I've never had an email from them.
However, that's been a bit doing a bit of now you see me,
now you don't as well. I've got a small block account
with another provider that I don't want. You're welcome
to it. If you would like it email me jl84...@duck.com.

William Stickers

Jan 25, 2023, 5:58:16 AM1/25/23
Mince pies don't seem right unless it's xmas. Do they
taste a bit funny, like gravy on a trifle?

William Stickers

Jan 25, 2023, 5:59:57 AM1/25/23
Adrian wrote:

> In message <HhyzL.2053210$nwq3.1...@usenetxs.com>, William Stickers
> <bill.s...@innocent.com> writes
> >A guilty pleasure of mine is a McDonald's apple pie, I've
> >not had one for donkey's years though.
>
> I think I might of had one of those on my first and so far only visit to
> that particular establishment in 1981.
>
> >Apple Crumble and Custard is my absolute fav.
>
> Rhubarb Crumble and Custard should be served here within the hour.

Mmmmm. I hope it's got a load of sugar in it. Otherwise
is takes the enamel off of my teeth.

William Stickers

Jan 25, 2023, 6:06:59 AM1/25/23
Sn!pe wrote:

> William Stickers <bill.s...@innocent.com> wrote:
>
> > Sn!pe wrote:
> >
> > > An apple pie without the cheese
> > > is like a kiss without the squeeze.
> >
> > My older sister used to like cheese and strawberry jam
> > sarnies.
>
> My first wife (Danish) liked that too, it's quite usual in
> Denmark.

Ah, that explains it. She lived in northern Germany near
the Danish border for a long while.

> , Branston Pickle
> is basically sour, spicy jam. Myself, I rather like a barely ripe
> bananana with a chunk of good, strong, vintage Cheddar.

I prefer my nanas when I can eat them with peanut butter
in a sarnie. I've got a bit of an intolerance to them now
so I don't eat them so often. I had a banoffee pie last
night with no ill effects other than a mouthgasm. I love
banoffee pie.

Julian Macassey

Jan 25, 2023, 7:19:27 AM1/25/23
Strong cheese, like Esrom is great with raspberry jam.

--
Then it told me to reboot my machine. Why should I do that? I
reboot every night -- why should I reboot at that time? - Bill

Julian Macassey

Jan 25, 2023, 7:53:12 AM1/25/23
On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 18:07:17 +0000, Sn!pe <snip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> William Stickers <bill.s...@innocent.com> wrote:
>
>> Sn!pe wrote:
>>
>> > An apple pie without the cheese
>> > is like a kiss without the squeeze.
>>
>> My older sister used to like cheese and strawberry jam
>> sarnies.
>
> My first wife (Danish) liked that too, it's quite usual in
> Denmark.

It is very much so, but usually with raspberry jam and a
sharp cheese. My Danish wife grew up eating it.

I must confess when first confronted with white bread, cheese
and jam at the breakfast table I was somewhat put off. But on trying
that combination was instantly converted.

> When you get right down to it, Branston Pickle
> is basically sour, spicy jam. Myself, I rather like a barely ripe
> bananana with a chunk of good, strong, vintage Cheddar.

The stuff sold in the USA as Cheddar is close to tasteless.

--
“Bob, please get me the names of the Jews, you know, the big
Jewish contributors of the Democrats. … Could we please

Julian Macassey

Jan 25, 2023, 8:06:32 AM1/25/23
On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 11:06:57 -0000, William Stickers <bill.s...@innocent.com> wrote:
> Sn!pe wrote:
>>
>> William Stickers <bill.s...@innocent.com> wrote:

>> > My older sister used to like cheese and strawberry jam
>> > sarnies.
>>
>> My first wife (Danish) liked that too, it's quite usual in
>> Denmark.
>
> Ah, that explains it. She lived in northern Germany near
> the Danish border for a long while.

That part of the world used to be Denmark and Danish is still
spoken there. Some Danes are still grumpy about losing Flensburg to
the Germans.

> I prefer my nanas when I can eat them with peanut butter
> in a sarnie.

You and Elvis.

--
"I think when you’re poor you cut yourself, and when you’re rich
you have plastic surgery.” Jane Fonda - 5 sept 2020 the Guardian

Julian Macassey

Jan 25, 2023, 8:41:28 AM1/25/23
On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 09:31:01 -0800, Mack A Damia
<drstee...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I enjoy rice pudding. I like the ones the supermarket sells along
> with yoghurt and several other puddings. Easy-Peasy.

For the most decadent rice pud, I highly recommend
Risalamande. A Danish treat served mostly with Christmas dinner.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risalamande

https://nordicfoodliving.com/risalamande-danish-rice-dessert/

--
"It took us (Pushtun) tribals 30 years to find out that we fought
the Russians not for Islam, but for American money." - Manzoor

Julian Macassey

Jan 25, 2023, 8:50:54 AM1/25/23
On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 02:00:04 -0800 (PST), Viva
<prairied...@aol.com> wrote:
> ~~~ Hello God, it's me Victoria... have you put news.aioe.org
> asunder? All I get is:
>
> "A News (NNTP) error occurred: Cannot connect to NNTP server
> 46.165.242.91 (46.165.242.91:119), connect error 10060"
>
> Don't get me wrong Lord, I dearly love using Google Groups.. but
> I'm settled in my ways.

Many hate Google Groups, the Goggle monster tried to hijack
usenet and fucked it up. For example, they don't word wrap.

Fuck the goggle monster.
--
The First World War was a war devoid of any virtue. It arose from
the quagmire of European tribalism. - Paul Keating, former

Kerr-Mudd, John

Jan 25, 2023, 11:41:57 AM1/25/23
On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 13:06:31 -0000 (UTC)
Julian Macassey <jul...@n6are.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 11:06:57 -0000, William Stickers <bill.s...@innocent.com> wrote:
> > Sn!pe wrote:

> >> My first wife (Danish) liked that too, it's quite usual in
> >> Denmark.
> >
> > Ah, that explains it. She lived in northern Germany near
> > the Danish border for a long while.
> >
> That part of the world used to be Denmark and Danish is still
> spoken there. Some Danes are still grumpy about losing Flensburg to
> the Germans.

How many people can even understand the question? </history "joke">

> > I prefer my nanas when I can eat them with peanut butter
> > in a sarnie.
>
> You and Elvis.
>
> --
> "I think when you’re poor you cut yourself, and when you’re rich
> you have plastic surgery.” Jane Fonda - 5 sept 2020 the Guardian

Kerr-Mudd, John

Jan 25, 2023, 11:43:35 AM1/25/23
ITYF hardly any wars are wars that encourage virtue.
It's all about Power.

Adrian

Jan 25, 2023, 1:30:23 PM1/25/23
In message <MY7AL.2844762$miq3.1...@usenetxs.com>, William Stickers
Not sure about "loads", but certainly "enough". The rhubarb was tested
during the stewing phase to ensure that it wasn't too sharp. It did
slip down rather nicely.

William Stickers

Jan 25, 2023, 4:13:34 PM1/25/23
Julian Macassey wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 11:06:57 -0000, William Stickers <bill.s...@innocent.com> wrote:
> > Sn!pe wrote:

> >> My first wife (Danish) liked that too, it's quite usual in
> >> Denmark.
> >
> > Ah, that explains it. She lived in northern Germany near
> > the Danish border for a long while.
> >
> That part of the world used to be Denmark and Danish is still
> spoken there. Some Danes are still grumpy about losing Flensburg to
> the Germans.

Serves them right for exporting Carlsberg.

The borders in Europe have over the centuries gone all
over the place. Take the very German sounding city of
Strasbourg for example. It's French now. Parts of Finland
are now Russian, etc.

> > I prefer my nanas when I can eat them with peanut butter
> > in a sarnie.
>
> You and Elvis.

Uh huh huh.

Did anyone else see the fillum 'Elvis'?

It had rap music in it! <eye rolls>.

William Stickers

Jan 25, 2023, 4:14:32 PM1/25/23
Julian Macassey wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 09:31:01 -0800, Mack A Damia
> <drstee...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Please don't feed the Gimp. It gets all uppity.
Thanks.

William Stickers

Jan 25, 2023, 4:15:02 PM1/25/23
Julian Macassey wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 02:00:04 -0800 (PST), Viva
> <prairied...@aol.com> wrote:
> > ~~~ Hello God, it's me Victoria... have you put news.aioe.org
> > asunder? All I get is:
> >
> > "A News (NNTP) error occurred: Cannot connect to NNTP server
> > 46.165.242.91 (46.165.242.91:119), connect error 10060"
> >
> > Don't get me wrong Lord, I dearly love using Google Groups.. but
> > I'm settled in my ways.
>
> Many hate Google Groups, the Goggle monster tried to hijack
> usenet and fucked it up. For example, they don't word wrap.

I hate rap.

> Fuck the goggle monster.

Do I have to buy it dinner first?

William Stickers

Jan 25, 2023, 4:15:23 PM1/25/23
Adrian wrote:

> In message <MY7AL.2844762$miq3.1...@usenetxs.com>, William Stickers
> <bill.s...@innocent.com> writes
> >Adrian wrote:
> >>
> >> In message <HhyzL.2053210$nwq3.1...@usenetxs.com>, William Stickers
> >> <bill.s...@innocent.com> writes
> >>
> >> I think I might of had one of those on my first and so far only visit to
> >> that particular establishment in 1981.

> >> Rhubarb Crumble and Custard should be served here within the hour.
> >
> >Mmmmm. I hope it's got a load of sugar in it. Otherwise
> >is takes the enamel off of my teeth.
> >

> Not sure about "loads", but certainly "enough". The rhubarb was tested
> during the stewing phase to ensure that it wasn't too sharp. It did
> slip down rather nicely.

Enough is just right.
My missus once made a rhoobarb crumble and substituted a
lot of the sugar with stevia. Thank gawd for custard.

Adrian

Jan 25, 2023, 4:30:13 PM1/25/23
In message <KZgAL.2925374$SIb3....@usenetxs.com>, William Stickers
<bill.s...@innocent.com> writes
>Enough is just right.
>My missus once made a rhoobarb crumble and substituted a
>lot of the sugar with stevia. Thank gawd for custard.

Used to use Golden Syrup, but it ran out, and I didn't have the energy
to run after it.

Sn!pe

Jan 25, 2023, 4:35:40 PM1/25/23
William Stickers <bill.s...@innocent.com> wrote:

> Julian Macassey wrote:
> > William Stickers <bill.s...@innocent.com> wrote:

> > > Ah, that explains it. She lived in northern Germany
> > > near the Danish border for a long while.
> > >
> > That part of the world used to be Denmark and Danish is still
> > spoken there. Some Danes are still grumpy about losing Flensburg
> > to the Germans.
>
> Serves them right for exporting Carlsberg.

UK Carlsberg is brewed over here, I think.
In Dankmark, Tuborg Hof is the one to drink.

> The borders in Europe have over the centuries gone all
> over the place. Take the very German sounding city of
> Strasbourg for example. It's French now. Parts of Finland
> are now Russian, etc.
>
> > > I prefer my nanas when I can eat them
> > > with peanut butter in a sarnie.
> >
> > You and Elvis.
>
> Uh huh huh.

I heard that Elvis liked 'em deep-fried. Nom-nom!

> Did anyone else see the fillum 'Elvis'?
>
> It had rap music in it! <eye rolls>.

A speling misteak there, I reckon.

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

"Germany is the leading European Power."
~ Slava Ukraini ~

Julian Macassey

Jan 25, 2023, 5:48:26 PM1/25/23
On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 21:13:29 -0000, William Stickers <bill.s...@innocent.com> wrote:
> Julian Macassey wrote:

>> > Ah, that explains it. She lived in northern Germany near
>> > the Danish border for a long while.
>> >
>> That part of the world used to be Denmark and Danish is still
>> spoken there. Some Danes are still grumpy about losing Flensburg to
>> the Germans.
>
> Serves them right for exporting Carlsberg.

I like Carlsberg and Tuborg. Besides beer they are famous for
yeast.

Carlsberg supported the sciences and Tuborg supported the
arts.

> The borders in Europe have over the centuries gone all
> over the place. Take the very German sounding city of
> Strasbourg for example. It's French now. Parts of Finland
> are now Russian, etc.

The days of the Hungarian empire.

--
The internet was a virtual commons, but it got privatized and
that's why we're all on twitter and Facebook now. -

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Jan 26, 2023, 1:30:09 AM1/26/23
On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 21:35:38 +0000
snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

> William Stickers <bill.s...@innocent.com> wrote:
>
> > It had rap music in it! <eye rolls>.
>
> A speling misteak there, I reckon.

Yep, the C is silent.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Viva

Jan 26, 2023, 6:31:12 AM1/26/23
On Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 7:50:54 AM UTC-6, Julian Macassey wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 02:00:04 -0800 (PST), Viva
> <prairied...@aol.com> wrote:
> > ~~~ Hello God, it's me Victoria... have you put news.aioe.org
> > asunder? All I get is:
> >
> > "A News (NNTP) error occurred: Cannot connect to NNTP server
> > 46.165.242.91 (46.165.242.91:119), connect error 10060"
> >
> > Don't get me wrong Lord, I dearly love using Google Groups.. but
> > I'm settled in my ways.
> Many hate Google Groups, the Goggle monster tried to hijack
> usenet and fucked it up. For example, they don't word wrap.

~~~~
I hope you know that I was kidding God, ah hates gurgle groups and will
prolly give up newsgroups if it's all I can get. I've been trying to activate my
old eternal-sept acct. with a new nym but it won't let me past the
Manage Newsgroups part. All I get is a list of eternal-sept crap, including
Test, which I did and it worked fine. But when I clicked on Current Groups
and Refresh - repeatedly - nothing. I have Thunderbird as a back-up but
I can't get that to work either, hah hah on me.

What happened to AIOE? It worked perfectly for years, then I get up one
morning and it's dead, no warning!

So today I may uninstall every dang thing and start from scratch. Life is
really pushing my buttons today.

v - what's that you said about mute?

Sn!pe

Jan 26, 2023, 8:11:55 AM1/26/23
Viva <prairied...@aol.com> wrote:

[...]

> ~~~~
> I hope you know that I was kidding God, ah hates gurgle groups and will
> prolly give up newsgroups if it's all I can get. I've been trying to
> activate my old eternal-sept acct. with a new nym but it won't let me past
> the Manage Newsgroups part. All I get is a list of eternal-sept crap,
> including Test, which I did and it worked fine. But when I clicked on
> Current Groups and Refresh - repeatedly - nothing. I have Thunderbird as
> a back-up but I can't get that to work either, hah hah on me.
>
> What happened to AIOE? It worked perfectly for years, then I get up one
> morning and it's dead, no warning!
>
> So today I may uninstall every dang thing and start from scratch. Life is
> really pushing my buttons today.
>
> v - what's that you said about mute?

I use E-S and find it pretty good. T'bird does have
(easily surmountable) issues with E-S, it's a FAQ:-

<https://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=faq>

- good luck!

William Stickers

Jan 26, 2023, 11:39:34 AM1/26/23
You're seeing only the internal ET groups because you
haven't signed in properly.

In Seamonkey do this.
Window -> Mail & Newsgroups. Account Settings -> Server
settings -> Tick the box "Always request authentication
when connecting to this server". Click OK. Then click
"Manage Newsgroup Subscriptions". Then click "New
Groups". A box will come up for you to enter your Log In
and Password. Fill that in and tick the box "Use Password
Manager To Remember This Password". Then click "Refresh".

vickiebee

Jan 26, 2023, 11:16:31 PM1/26/23
William Stickers wrote:
~~~
> [...]
> You're seeing only the internal ET groups because you
> haven't signed in properly.
>
> In Seamonkey do this.
> Window -> Mail & Newsgroups. Account Settings -> Server
> settings -> Tick the box "Always request authentication
> when connecting to this server". Click OK. Then click
> "Manage Newsgroup Subscriptions". Then click "New
> Groups". A box will come up for you to enter your Log In
> and Password. Fill that in and tick the box "Use Password
> Manager To Remember This Password". Then click "Refresh".

~~~
<waves> Prairie Dove is me, VickieB. Yep, I finally did it - jumped all
eternal-sept's hurdles - petty crap like rejecting the new password
they just gave me - and I hate that that dang captcha thing!

Thank you so much Sn!pe and Stickers (hey, a law firm!) for helping me,
I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you.

v - exhausted and ready for a hot cuppa cocoa and my warming blankie.
--
https://www.thefarside.com/

Sn!pe

Jan 27, 2023, 7:24:48 AM1/27/23
vickiebee <prair...@aol.com> wrote:
[...]
> ~~~
> <waves> Prairie Dove is me, VickieB. Yep, I finally did it - jumped all
> eternal-sept's hurdles - petty crap like rejecting the new password
> they just gave me - and I hate that that dang captcha thing!
>
> Thank you so much Sn!pe and Stickers (hey, a law firm!) for helping me,
> I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you.
>
> v - exhausted and ready for a hot cuppa cocoa and my warming blankie.

Yay! I hope you realise that, just like the Hotel California,
now that you're here there is no escape... ≈:o)

vickiebee

Jan 27, 2023, 8:48:40 PM1/27/23
Sn!pe wrote:
> vickiebee <prair...@aol.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> ~~~
>> <waves> Prairie Dove is me, VickieB. Yay, I finally did it - [..]
>>
>> Thank you so much Sn!pe and Stickers (hey, a law firm!) for helping me,
>> I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you.
>>
>> v - exhausted and ready for a hot cuppa cocoa and my warming blankie.
>>

> Yay! I hope you realise that, just like the Hotel California,
> now that you're here there is no escape... ≈:o)

~~~
Yes! There's that warm smell of colitas and the cool wind in my hair.
This could be heaven or this could be hell.
https://www.thefarside.com/

Mike Fleming

Jan 27, 2023, 9:07:30 PM1/27/23
I used to occasionally gig at a pub in Stafford called The Grapes. It
was very much a music pub, and had assorted lyrics painted on the walls.
One lyric read "Warm smell of colitis rising up through the air". I'm
not sure I'd like to be anywhere near the smell of an intestinal ailment.

vickiebee

Jan 27, 2023, 9:28:05 PM1/27/23
~~~
<giggle>