Re: Checking in

BeH

Nov 5, 2022, 2:36:48 PM11/5/22
On 04.11.2022 13.51, Merlyne wrote:
> How are you and Mrs. Sn!pe doing?

He's not dead. He probably just forgot about us...

BeH

Sn!pe

Nov 5, 2022, 5:01:03 PM11/5/22
Hi, guys, I'm still here, just lacking inspiration. I'm
watching the snooker at the moment, I'll be back later.

--
^Ï^. My pet rock Gordon just is.

~ Slava Ukraini ~

Sn!pe

Nov 5, 2022, 10:01:59 PM11/5/22
Sn!pe <snip...@gmail.com> wrote:

> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote:
>
> > On 04.11.2022 13.51, Merlyne wrote:
> > > How are you and Mrs. Sn!pe doing?
> >
> > He's not dead. He probably just forgot about us...
>
> Hi, guys, I'm still here, just lacking inspiration. I'm
> watching the snooker at the moment, I'll be back later.

Ronnie O'Sullivan won, yay! He's through to the final tomorrow.

Anyway, Mrs S and I are OK, mostly, TYVM for asking. I had
the Covid a month ago but fortunately it wasn't too bad. I'm
going for my second booster shot tomorrow. I'm getting lots
of doctoring these days because [reasons] but hey ho, I'm
getting old and after a louche life of bad habits that's only
to be expected. It ain't over until the fat lady sings, innit.

How are you guys?

BeH

Nov 6, 2022, 5:26:34 PM11/6/22
On 06.11.2022 03.01, Sn!pe wrote:
> Sn!pe <snip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote:

>>> He's not dead. He probably just forgot about us...
>>
>> Hi, guys, I'm still here, just lacking inspiration. I'm
>> watching the snooker at the moment, I'll be back later.
>
> Ronnie O'Sullivan won, yay! He's through to the final tomorrow.

He's still playing? I suppose snooker is not the most strenuous of
sports. I remember seeing him clearing a table in one go once - in like
90 seconds or something silly. Back when Eurosport was a thing on my telly.

> Anyway, Mrs S and I are OK, mostly, TYVM for asking. I had
> the Covid a month ago but fortunately it wasn't too bad. I'm
> going for my second booster shot tomorrow. I'm getting lots
> of doctoring these days because [reasons] but hey ho, I'm
> getting old and after a louche life of bad habits that's only
> to be expected. It ain't over until the fat lady sings, innit.
>
> How are you guys?

I'm good, all things considered. I made 125 little breadrolls today (for
soup and salat and such) for the ever hungry freezer. Tomorrow is an
estimated 12-14 pizzas... Can you tell I went shopping recently.

BeH

Sn!pe

Nov 6, 2022, 6:09:45 PM11/6/22
BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote:

> On 06.11.2022 03.01, Sn!pe wrote:
> > Sn!pe <snip...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Hi, guys, I'm still here, just lacking inspiration. I'm
> >> watching the snooker at the moment, I'll be back later.
> >>

> > Ronnie O'Sullivan won, yay! He's through to the final tomorrow.
> >

> He's still playing? I suppose snooker is not the most strenuous of
> sports. I remember seeing him clearing a table in one go once - in like
> 90 seconds or something silly. Back when Eurosport was a thing on my telly.

At 47 he's made 15 147s in major tournament play, he's a
tremendous talent. He's just beaten Judd Trump 10 - 6 to
take his fourth Champion of Champions title and £150,000.

> > Anyway, Mrs S and I are OK, mostly, TYVM for asking. I had
> > the Covid a month ago but fortunately it wasn't too bad. I'm
> > going for my second booster shot tomorrow. I'm getting lots
> > of doctoring these days because [reasons] but hey ho, I'm
> > getting old and after a louche life of bad habits that's only
> > to be expected. It ain't over until the fat lady sings, innit.
> >
> > How are you guys?
> >

> I'm good, all things considered. I made 125 little breadrolls today (for
> soup and salat and such) for the ever hungry freezer. Tomorrow is an
> estimated 12-14 pizzas... Can you tell I went shopping recently.

I've delegated all that stuff to Mrs S - she's far better at it
than I am.

--
^Ļ^. My pet rock Gordon just is.

~ Slava Ukraini ~

BeH

Nov 7, 2022, 4:46:44 PM11/7/22
>> soup and salad and such) for the ever hungry freezer. Tomorrow is an
>> estimated 12-14 pizzas... Can you tell I went shopping recently.
>>

> I've delegated all that stuff to Mrs S - she's far better at it
> than I am.

There are no-one in this household better at stuff than me...
Also no-one worse, but we won't mention that.

BeH

Sn!pe

Nov 7, 2022, 5:09:02 PM11/7/22
BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote:
[...]

> >> I'm good, all things considered. I made 125 little breadrolls today (for
> >> soup and salad and such) for the ever hungry freezer. Tomorrow is an
> >> estimated 12-14 pizzas... Can you tell I went shopping recently.
> >>

> > I've delegated all that stuff to Mrs S - she's far better at it
> > than I am.
>
> There are no-one in this household better at stuff than me...
> Also no-one worse, but we won't mention that.

Some seek solitude but to others it is a burden.

--
^Ï^. My pet rock Gordon just is.

~ Slava Ukraini ~

BeH

Nov 8, 2022, 4:00:27 PM11/8/22
True enough. Also while I do have a large knotty stick I understand
that's not how one acquire a partner nowadays...

BeH

Sn!pe

Nov 9, 2022, 8:11:44 AM11/9/22
Merlyne <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Some seek solitude but to others it is a burden.
> >>
> > True enough. Also while I do have a large knotty stick I
> > understand that's not how one acquire a partner nowadays...
>
> Bragging about you stick might.

I just stick it to 'em. OTOH, in other situations
I often get the sticky end of the stick.

BeH

Nov 9, 2022, 4:12:52 PM11/9/22
On 09.11.2022 13.23, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:tkeg1a$1bcc$1...@gioia.aioe.org:
> Bragging about you stick might.

I doubt it. Nobody appreciate a good knotty stick any more...

BeH

Sn!pe

Nov 10, 2022, 9:29:37 AM11/10/22
Merlyne <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
> > Merlyne <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> >> Bragging about you stick might.
> >
> > I just stick it to 'em. OTOH, in other situations
> > I often get the sticky end of the stick.
>
> It seems I always get the short end of the stick.

I suppose getting the sticky end might be because I've stuck it
somewhere. That could be the problem with the short end too.

BeH

Nov 12, 2022, 3:56:17 PM11/12/22
On 10.11.2022 13.39, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:tkh54j$dg1$1...@gioia.aioe.org:
> I bet a shaman would.
>
> Be wary of those who are only interested in your knotty stick. They will
> not be inclined to cook for you or fetch your slippers.

Well, I don't have any slippers, so...

--
BeH

Sn!pe

Nov 12, 2022, 5:25:36 PM11/12/22
> It's a me problem: I'm always sticking my neck out for other people.

I know just what you mean: show me a parapet and I can't resist
sticking my head above it.

BeH

Nov 13, 2022, 4:18:49 PM11/13/22
On 13.11.2022 18.50, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:tkp19f$1o97$3...@gioia.aioe.org:
> Okie dokie. Brag away...

It's from an apple tree branch that had to come off. It is indeed very
knotty.

--
BeH

Sn!pe

Nov 14, 2022, 12:43:08 PM11/14/22
Merlyne <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in news:1q1bvj1.qyytia1w254r0N%snipeco.2
> @gmail.com:
> I'm trying to keep my head above water. Tread lightly, tread lightly...

Don't worry, ~I'm~ driving this bus.

<https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0ddhRupNKLF-0NI445QDOft3g#-methode-times-prod-web-bin-4964490a-21ef-11ec-a1fd-37d9030e4d65>