Snipe?

Merlyne

Jul 31, 2022, 4:39:46 PM7/31/22
Are you still here?

Sn!pe

Jul 31, 2022, 4:47:25 PM7/31/22
Merlyne <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you still here?

Hi, Merlyne, how are you? It's good to see you after all this time.

--
^Ï^ My pet rock Gordon just is.

~ Slava Ukraini ~

Merlyne

Aug 1, 2022, 2:53:00 PM8/1/22
On Sunday, July 31, 2022 at 4:47:25 PM UTC-4, Sn!pe wrote:
> Merlyne <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Are you still here?
>
> Hi, Merlyne, how are you? It's good to see you after all this time.

I'm ok.
It has been a loooooong time!
The last time I posted to ACME was in December 2007.
I remember it well.
I was rushed to the hospital not long after that with a quote unquote SARS-like virus.
After 3 days, my lungs had almost completely filled up.
When I returned home, after being pumped full of antibiotics and fluids, my computer had died.
I was really sick for about 6 months (she says as she struggles to recover from COVID).

I guess you gave up on Facebook?
I touch base with usenet people on there (plus a few cousins)
The rest of it I don't bother with. I know everyone is dying to see pictures of what I had for lunch :-)
We did have a discussion in the AAEN group about usenet recently.
I think I'm the only one who misses it.
I think often of people who have slipped away, like BeH.
Maybe I should leave a carrot cake cooling on the window sill.

I see from an earlier post that you had open heart surgery.
I hope you are doing well.

M.

David Ditler

Aug 1, 2022, 3:23:44 PM8/1/22
Snipe! ole bird, how are you? I'm BED aka Blue_Eyed_Devil. Been a long time. We've dug a new hole in the permafrost on Facebook if you ever care to visit.

Sn!pe

Sep 5, 2022, 9:04:15 PM9/5/22
David Ditler <David_...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Snipe! ole bird, how are you? I'm BED aka Blue_Eyed_Devil. Been a long time.
> We've dug a new hole in the permafrost on Facebook if you ever care to visit.

BED, you old rascal! It's good to see you. ≈:o)

I'm afraid I don't do Facebook at all now; it's a poor substitute
for good old Usenet so I stay here with the other dinosaurs.

Sn!pe

Sep 5, 2022, 9:04:15 PM9/5/22
Merlyne <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, July 31, 2022 at 4:47:25 PM UTC-4, Sn!pe wrote:
> > Merlyne <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Are you still here?
> >
> > Hi, Merlyne, how are you? It's good to see you after all this time.
> >
> I'm ok. It has been a loooooong time!

First of all, humble apologies for having put this thread on the back
burner and then forgetting about it. I have no excuse except that
I've become and old fart who sometimes finds it difficult to engage
on Usenet these days. If you're still there, I'll try to do better.

> The last time I posted to ACME was in December 2007. I remember it well.
> I was rushed to the hospital not long after that with a quote unquote
> SARS-like virus. After 3 days, my lungs had almost completely filled up.
> When I returned home, after being pumped full of antibiotics and fluids,
> my computer had died. I was really sick for about 6 months (she says as
> she struggles to recover from COVID).

Oh my, that is a ~lot~ to cope with. I'm relieved to say that
so far I've escaped Covid, although I have to be really careful
about catching it because of [boring list of ailments].

> I guess you gave up on Facebook? I touch base with usenet people on
> there (plus a few cousins) The rest of it I don't bother with. I know
> everyone is dying to see pictures of what I had for lunch :-) We did have
> a discussion in the AAEN group about usenet recently. I think I'm the only
> one who misses it. I think often of people who have slipped away, like
> BeH. Maybe I should leave a carrot cake cooling on the window sill.

You're right, I did give up on Facebook, completely deleted my FB
accounts and stuck with dear old Usenet.

> I see from an earlier post that you had open heart surgery.
> I hope you are doing well.

It wasn't me who had the surgery, it was my elder granddaughter
in Australia who had it, aged just 11. I'm very glad to say that the
surgery was a complete success and she's back to fully fit and busy
doing what teenagers do as if it never happened. I won't pretend
that I wasn't really worried about her but thankfully it's turned out
fine in the end.

I do hope you're still there, Merlyne, it's lovely to hear from
old friends. ≈:o)

David Ditler

Sep 6, 2022, 10:31:27 PM9/6/22
I spend too much time on the blasted FB.
Do you still do the Software support?
I'm currently doing a physical job, I stuff stuff into little boxes, then stuff that stuff into bigger boxes and chuck'em out the door. (I package high quality eye medications).
Hopefully I will soon be retired.
Best wishes!
BED

BeH

Sep 7, 2022, 12:59:50 PM9/7/22
On 07.09.2022 04.31, David Ditler wrote:

> I spend too much time on the blasted FB.
> Do you still do the Software support?
> I'm currently doing a physical job, I stuff stuff into little boxes, then stuff that stuff into bigger boxes and chuck'em out the door. (I package high quality eye medications).
> Hopefully I will soon be retired.
> Best wishes!
> BED

Well hello there, Mister BED. It's been a while... Where have you been?

BeH

BeH

Sep 7, 2022, 1:24:40 PM9/7/22
On 06.09.2022 19.46, Merlyne wrote:
> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in

HI Merlyne... IT'S ME MARIO^w BeH

[COVID]

> I'm been trying my best to not get Covid. Two and half years was a pretty
> good run :) It's problematic since I am the primary caregiver to my father
> who just finished radiation treatments for melanoma and was also recently
> diagnosed with Parkinsons.

Parkinsons sucks - also the treatments for it (such as they are) kinda
sucks too. My mum had her prescriptions changed every half year or so,
when the efficacy diminished.

> Now I can't get a booster until October (although I'm not sure if I will
> keep getting them since they neither prevent you from getting Covid nor
> prevent you from spreading it). Next Monday, we are being forced back to
> the office 2 days a week. I expect that there will be outbreaks since we
> were told to show up unless we have symptoms. Even in the before-times
> people came to work with the flu and infected everyone. No cure for stupid.

[F*cebook]
I think often of people who
>>> have slipped away, like BeH. Maybe I should leave a carrot cake
>>> cooling on the window sill.

I saw that! Also no more cake for me, sadly...

Anyway F*cebook is the evil and when you all realise this I expect at
full and enthusiastic return to ACME. You may pass that on to whomever.

As -AD- would say: "I'm waiting".

BeH

Sn!pe

Sep 8, 2022, 8:45:41 PM9/8/22
Merlyne <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]
> > I do hope you're still there, Merlyne, it's lovely to hear from
> > old friends. â≈√:o)
> >

> I expect that you will not hear from Bed. I texted him a month ago to say
> that I found you and he had no idea how to see or post on usenet. He had
> surgery for CTS back in June and he says he will retire at the end of the
> year. Maybe he'll get bored enough then to come back.
>
> TTFN

I'm very glad to see that BED is back in the Wundee fold.
It's like old home week in here, and jolly good show! ≈:o)

Sn!pe

Sep 8, 2022, 8:49:56 PM9/8/22
David Ditler <David_...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> On Monday, September 5, 2022 at 8:04:15 PM UTC-5, Sn!pe wrote:
> > David Ditler <David_...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Snipe! ole bird, how are you? I'm BED aka Blue_Eyed_Devil. Been a long
> > > time. We've dug a new hole in the permafrost on Facebook if you ever
> > > care to visit.
> > >

> > BED, you old rascal! It's good to see you. ≈:o)
> >
> > I'm afraid I don't do Facebook at all now; it's a poor substitute
> > for good old Usenet so I stay here with the other dinosaurs.
> >

> I spend too much time on the blasted FB. Do you still do the Software
> support? I'm currently doing a physical job, I stuff stuff into little
> boxes, then stuff that stuff into bigger boxes and chuck'em out the door.
> (I package high quality eye medications). Hopefully I will soon be
> retired. Best wishes! BED

Heck no, I never did software support! I think the helldesk would
drive me crazy. I was a 'puter man in the early '70s on second
generation mainframe hardware but I left in '75 to go into trade
and commerce. I've been practically retired for years and now
fully retired since I sold my business a couple of years ago.

When it comes to retirement, come on in! the water's fine! ≈:o)

Merlyne

Sep 9, 2022, 7:34:24 AM9/9/22
BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:tfak4n$1otb$1...@gioia.aioe.org:

> On 06.09.2022 19.46, Merlyne wrote:
>> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in
>
> HI Merlyne... IT'S ME MARIO^w BeH

OMG! You're alive!

::cancels Plan B::

That's the one where I email Rabbit69 @ every domain.
Actually, I still might do it as an interesting social experiment.

{Mario? I want whatever you're smoking}

> [COVID]
>
>> I'm been trying my best to not get Covid. Two and half years was a
>> pretty good run :) It's problematic since I am the primary caregiver
>> to my father who just finished radiation treatments for melanoma and
>> was also recently diagnosed with Parkinsons.
>
> Parkinsons sucks - also the treatments for it (such as they are) kinda
> sucks too. My mum had her prescriptions changed every half year or so,
> when the efficacy diminished.
>
>> Now I can't get a booster until October (although I'm not sure if I
>> will keep getting them since they neither prevent you from getting
>> Covid nor prevent you from spreading it). Next Monday, we are being
>> forced back to the office 2 days a week. I expect that there will be
>> outbreaks since we were told to show up unless we have symptoms. Even
>> in the before-times people came to work with the flu and infected
>> everyone. No cure for stupid.
>>>
> [F*cebook]
> I think often of people who
>
> I saw that! Also no more cake for me, sadly...
>
> Anyway F*cebook is the evil and when you all realise this I expect at
> full and enthusiastic return to ACME. You may pass that on to
> whomever.

So you say.

OR eventually, you will realise that no one is coming back to usenet and
the only way to interact with other Acmeites is to get Facebook.

From my point of view, FB has some advantages:

1. To post on usenet, I either have to post through Google groups (no
option to not archive the post) or disconnect the mouse and keyboard
from my work laptop and connect them to my personal computer which is
wedged behind the monitors. Seems like a lot of work when I can sit in
the living room and chat with Bed or Ham on my tablet. I can FB any
where: at Starbucks, at the dentist’s, during a boring meeting etc.

2. I have learnt through experience that if someone gropes and/or
fondles me in a froup that a) everyone sees and b) I receive anonymous
hate mail about it. While if someone send me DM in FB, the only people
who see it are me, the NSA and quite possibly Elon Musk[1].

I have watch what I eat and drink as well due to an autoimmune disorder.
And I don't like carrot cake.

::tosses it out::

Strangely, I found a lot of recipes and support on Instagram which I'm
guessing is also (allegedly) evil.
I like looking at the pictures. There's a lot of funny shit on
Instagram.

Merlyne

[1] I don't know it for a fact, I just know it's true.

www.avg.com

Merlyne

Sep 9, 2022, 7:36:21 AM9/9/22
snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just surprised is all.
Google posting is annoying.

Merlyne

BeH

Sep 9, 2022, 5:52:47 PM9/9/22
On 09.09.2022 13.34, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:tfak4n$1otb$1...@gioia.aioe.org:
>
>> On 06.09.2022 19.46, Merlyne wrote:
>>> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in
>>
>> HI Merlyne... IT'S ME MARIO^w BeH
>
> OMG! You're alive!

More or less, yes.

> ::cancels Plan B > That's the one where I email Rabbit69 @ every domain.
> Actually, I still might do it as an interesting social experiment.

I would advise against it. Some very unsavory people use that name. Also
that account as well as the ISP is long gone.

> {Mario? I want whatever you're smoking}

Homerolled Yellow Escort in Rizzla. I'll send you a sample.

>> [F*cebook]
>> I think often of people who
>>
>> I saw that! Also no more cake for me, sadly...
>>
>> Anyway F*cebook is the evil and when you all realise this I expect at
>> full and enthusiastic return to ACME. You may pass that on to
>> whomever.
>
> So you say.
>
> OR eventually, you will realise that no one is coming back to usenet and
> the only way to interact with other Acmeites is to get Facebook.
>
> From my point of view, FB has some advantages:
>
> 1. To post on usenet, I either have to post through Google groups (no
> option to not archive the post) or disconnect the mouse and keyboard
> from my work laptop and connect them to my personal computer which is
> wedged behind the monitors. Seems like a lot of work when I can sit in
> the living room and chat with Bed or Ham on my tablet. I can FB any
> where: at Starbucks, at the dentist’s, during a boring meeting etc.
>
> 2. I have learnt through experience that if someone gropes and/or
> fondles me in a froup that a) everyone sees and b) I receive anonymous
> hate mail about it. While if someone send me DM in FB, the only people
> who see it are me, the NSA and quite possibly Elon Musk[1].

ad a) well, I like to have an audience - for my literary production, I mean.
ad b) that's just weird. I never got any hate mail. Now I feel slightly
deprived...

And it's: NSA, FBI, CIA, Zuckerberg and his minions, as well as every
commercial entity who is willing to pay for it.

> I have watch what I eat and drink as well due to an autoimmune disorder.
> And I don't like carrot cake.
>
> ::tosses it out::
>
> Strangely, I found a lot of recipes and support on Instagram which I'm
> guessing is also (allegedly) evil.
> I like looking at the pictures. There's a lot of funny shit on
> Instagram.

Everything META is evil, yes. Also too, Instagram is old hat - it's all
happening on tiktok now.

> Merlyne
>
> [1] I don't know it for a fact, I just know it's true.

That's a very "F*cebook* kind of thing to say.

BeH

Sn!pe

Sep 10, 2022, 5:40:14 PM9/10/22
Merlyne <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> >> {Mario? I want whatever you're smoking}
> >
> > Homerolled Yellow Escort in Rizzla. I'll send you a sample.
>
> *squeals with delight*
> I love getting free samples in the mail!
> My favourite thing!
>
> I have a 2-3 years supply of cannabis already,
> so it won't get smoked any time soon.

Dang, it's still illegal here. Mind you, I can't smoke it these
days but I reckon I could cook up some good brownies...

Sn!pe

Sep 10, 2022, 5:40:15 PM9/10/22
Merlyne <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in
>
> > Merlyne <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >> >

> >> I expect that you will not hear from Bed. I texted him a month ago to
> >> say that I found you and he had no idea how to see or post on usenet.
> >> He had surgery for CTS back in June and he says he will retire at
> >> the end of the year. Maybe he'll get bored enough then to come back.
> >>
> >> TTFN
> >
> > I'm very glad to see that BED is back in the Wundee fold.
> > It's like old home week in here, and jolly good show! â≈√:o)
> >

> I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just surprised is all.
> Google posting is annoying.

That it is, oh yes indeedy. I see that you're set up on aioe
but you might consider a free account at Eternal September,
it's just a bit less disreputable.

Sn!pe

Sep 10, 2022, 5:43:52 PM9/10/22
Merlyne <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> > Heck no, I never did software support! I think the helldesk would
> > drive me crazy. I was a 'puter man in the early '70s on second
> > generation mainframe hardware but I left in '75 to go into trade
> > and commerce. I've been practically retired for years and now
> > fully retired since I sold my business a couple of years ago.
>
> Makes me think about when I took programming in high school.
> It was COBOL and we had to carry a shoe box full of cards to class.
>
> I often wondered what my usenet people thought I did for a living.
> I don't think I said.

Back in the day, on top of keeping the mainframe happy, I had to
look after things like [spit] card readers, cantankerous things that
they were. AFAIAC the only good thing about punched cards is
they make excellent roaches.

Sn!pe

Sep 10, 2022, 5:48:20 PM9/10/22
Merlyne <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Anyway F*cebook is the evil and when you all realise this I expect at
> > full and enthusiastic return to ACME. You may pass that on to
> > whomever.
>
> So you say.
>
> OR eventually, you will realise that no one is coming back to usenet and
> the only way to interact with other Acmeites is to get Facebook.
>
> From my point of view, FB has some advantages:

Boo! Hiss! I'm never going back to farcebook, not ever,
never, nohow, nope. It would make me break out in hives.

When 2eggs went AWOL to FB I did follow them for a while but
it's just ~too~ annoying to stick with so I permanently [hah!]
deleted my accounts.

BeH

Sep 11, 2022, 10:24:18 AM9/11/22
On 10.09.2022 19.18, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:tfgcje$4vf$1...@gioia.aioe.org:

>>> OMG! You're alive!
>>
>> More or less, yes.
>>
>>> ::cancels Plan B > That's the one where I email Rabbit69 @ every
>>> ::domain.
>>> Actually, I still might do it as an interesting social experiment.
>>
>> I would advise against it. Some very unsavory people use that name.
>> Also that account as well as the ISP is long gone.
>
> Is that what I said?

Said what?

> Your objection is noted. I will store it in the part of my brain which
> used to remember phone numbers.
>
> I knew your former email addresses were decommissioned when I reached
> out back in 2009 or 2010 and the email bounced.

Appropriate for a rabbit-mail...

>>> {Mario? I want whatever you're smoking}
>>
>> Homerolled Yellow Escort in Rizzla. I'll send you a sample.
>
> *squeals with delight*
> I love getting free samples in the mail!
> My favourite thing!
>
> I have a 2-3 years supply of cannabis already, so it won't get smoked
> any time soon.

I hate to disappoint you, but it's a tobacco product. That other stuff
is illegal to grow, own, smoke or trade - also possibly separately
illegal to send by mail or messenger.

>>> From my point of view, FB has some advantages:
>>>
>>> 1. To post on usenet, I either have to post through Google groups (no
>>> option to not archive the post) or disconnect the mouse and keyboard
>>> from my work laptop and connect them to my personal computer which is
>>> wedged behind the monitors. Seems like a lot of work when I can sit
>>> in the living room and chat with Bed or Ham on my tablet. I can FB
>>> any where: at Starbucks, at the dentist’s, during a boring meeting
>>> etc.
>>>
>>> 2. I have learnt through experience that if someone gropes and/or
>>> fondles me in a froup that a) everyone sees and b) I receive
>>> anonymous hate mail about it. While if someone send me DM in FB, the
>>> only people who see it are me, the NSA and quite possibly Elon
>>> Musk[1].
>>
>> ad a) well, I like to have an audience - for my literary production, I
>> mean. ad b) that's just weird. I never got any hate mail. Now I feel
>> slightly deprived...
>
> Maybe your fake email foiled them?
> Whoever is at mos...@home.now got all your interesting mail.
> It was probably from Dane Martin's parents. Somehow he got the idea that
> it was okay to inappropriately touch women.

How on earth would he get that idea. Also how would that be your fault -
I don't remember you ever inappropriately fondling anyone. BED on the
other hand...
In any case I think Dane was well aware of the difference between usenet
and "the real world".

>> And it's: NSA, FBI, CIA, Zuckerberg and his minions, as well as every
>> commercial entity who is willing to pay for it.
>
> It makes me feel loved and validated that someone has taken an interest.
> Really, what are they getting?

You don't know, and you never (one must assume) consented to have the
information shared. That's the thing.

> So they know I like cats and penguins, I have purple hair, read murder
> mysteries and scifi/fantasy stuff and for some bizarre reason share
> links to education survey releases.

And what you buy - or look at and don't buy - online; and possibly even
off-line if you use a credit-card or take part in a loyalty scheme [or
scam - either or]. And so forth.

> We are all constantly being tracked. *They* know everything we look at
> on the internet. And what we talk about because our phones listen to us.
> *They* know what aisles we go down at the grocery store and what we buy.
> They probably know that I went to Starbucks after grocery shopping this
> morning to get a Brown Sugar Oat Americano. I cool with people knowing
> that as long as they don't tell my dietician.

Okay for you, then. I don't want somebody I don't know knowing things
about me that I don't know that they know - and in general if someone
knows something about me I am the only one who should have made that
knowledge available, conciously even.

> Yep. I'm so unhip, I'm amazed my butt hasn't fallen off.
> I'll add 'Go on TikTok' to my bucket list.

You really should. Also nice butt btw.

>>> Merlyne
>>>
>>> [1] I don't know it for a fact, I just know it's true.
>>
>> That's a very "F*cebook* kind of thing to say.
>>
> Unbalanced quotes?
> *breaks out in hives*

Shameful, indeed. I can only blame Thunderbird, my new (and slightly
left-shifted) keyboard, poor eyesight, lack of typing practice and old age.

BeH

BeH

Sep 12, 2022, 6:31:43 PM9/12/22
On 11.09.2022 23.08, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:tfkr2h$fql$1...@gioia.aioe.org:

[email]
>>> Is that what I said?
>>
>> Said what?
>
> What?

I knew you... nah, let's not go there.

>>> *squeals with delight*
>>> I love getting free samples in the mail!
>>> My favourite thing!
>>>
>>> I have a 2-3 years supply of cannabis already, so it won't get smoked
>>> any time soon.
>>
>> I hate to disappoint you, but it's a tobacco product. That other stuff
>> is illegal to grow, own, smoke or trade - also possibly separately
>> illegal to send by mail or messenger.
>>

> *eye roll*

Does that mean you don-t want the sample?

>> Okay for you, then. I don't want somebody I don't know knowing things
>> about me that I don't know that they know - and in general if someone
>> knows something about me I am the only one who should have made that
>> knowledge available, conciously even.
>>

> Ok. So it's ok with you if *I* have FB and Instagram as a consenting adult?
> Good!

Sadly I'm not the almighty God-Emperor of the universe, so sure - go ahead.

>>> Yep. I'm so unhip, I'm amazed my butt hasn't fallen off.
>>> I'll add 'Go on TikTok' to my bucket list.
>>
>> You really should. Also nice butt btw.
>
> Thanks :) Everyone's butt looks fantastic in yoga pants.

I wouldn't know; I haven't seen everyone in yoga pants. Also I've never
had a pair of yoga pants. I do have some bike shorts, but they come with
the diaper-like insert to reduce saddle sore, which probably somewhat
detract from the visual appeal.

BeH

BeH

Sep 14, 2022, 4:59:01 PM9/14/22
On 13.09.2022 22.29, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:tfoc0e$io8$1...@gioia.aioe.org:
>
>> On 11.09.2022 23.08, Merlyne wrote:
>>> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:tfkr2h$fql$1...@gioia.aioe.org:
>>
>> [email]

>>> What?
>>
>> I knew you... nah, let's not go there.
>
> Thank god!

Who?

>>> *eye roll*
>>
>> Does that mean you don-t want the sample?
>
> Of course I want. Did you miss the part about how I like to get free
> samples in the mail?

Right then. I'll see if I can find an envelope...

[F*cebook]

>>> Thanks :) Everyone's butt looks fantastic in yoga pants.
>>
>> I wouldn't know; I haven't seen everyone in yoga pants. Also I've
>> never had a pair of yoga pants. I do have some bike shorts, but they
>> come with the diaper-like insert to reduce saddle sore, which probably
>> somewhat detract from the visual appeal.
>>

> Thanks for the visual :(

You are welcome. At least they are mostly black.

BeH

BeH

Sep 15, 2022, 6:53:45 PM9/15/22
On 15.09.2022 14.19, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:tftfak$12hl$1...@gioia.aioe.org:
>
>> On 13.09.2022 22.29, Merlyne wrote:

[stuff]

> probably
>>>>

>>> Thanks for the visual :(
>>
>> You are welcome. At least they are mostly black.
>>

> Why at least? What happens if they were, say, blue?

The question is what happens when they are white - and drenched in sweat
or rain.

> Black makes you look slimmer. Or so I've heard.

I hope so, but even black can only do so much...

BeH

Sn!pe

Sep 15, 2022, 7:59:31 PM9/15/22
Merlyne <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in news:1py38a2.1exykg1268n49N%
> snip...@gmail.com:
>
> > Merlyne <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >>
> >> *squeals with delight*
> >> I love getting free samples in the mail!
> >> My favourite thing!
> >>
> >> I have a 2-3 years supply of cannabis already,
> >> so it won't get smoked any time soon.
> >
> > Dang, it's still illegal here. Mind you, I can't smoke it these
> > days but I reckon I could cook up some good brownies...
> >

> I find edibles make me paranoid,
>
> A few years I had a tremendous amount of joint pain.
> My doctor (male) told me that it was menopause and prescribed Celebrex.
> It didn't work.
> One of the server guys at work gave me some cuttings off a plant that he
> or his wife used for pain management. I had never grown weed before so I
> enlisted a weird hippie as my grow-op sherpa. The pot helped a lot and I
> was able to sleep through the nights again.
> The next summer the hippie gave me 4 plants of a variety called
> 'Trainwreck' which is very apropos since my life is a trainwreck.
> I looked up that variant and it sounds like something that might fuck
> someone up badly. I haven't tried it yet.

I loved puff all my life but I don't smoke it anymore because [reasons].
I know some vulnerable, wobbly people who used it and it did them no
favours but for stable people who don't overdo things I reckon it's OK.

> Epilogue:
> My doctor finally got me a referral with a dietician after 2 years. She
> figured out that I had a autoimmune disorder and started a course of
> treatment based on diet and supplements. Now I am greatly improved and
> off meds. Apparently the meds the doctor had me on made the condition
> worse.

That's a blessing. I have an autoimmune condition myself. I count
myself lucky that it's comparatively benign and doesn't hurt but it's
boodly inconvenient sometimes. Such is life.

BeH

Sep 16, 2022, 6:37:01 PM9/16/22
On 16.09.2022 19.20, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:tg0ado$1hdm$1...@gioia.aioe.org:

>> [stuff]

>>> probably

>>> Why at least? What happens if they were, say, blue?
>>
>> The question is what happens when they are white - and drenched in
>> sweat or rain.
>
> My concerns when wearing white pants:
> 1. I remembered to wear white undies so they don't show through.
> 2. I don't sit on anything that will ruin my pants.
> 3. I don't spill anything on them that will stain them permanently.

See, that's just to many things to worry about for me. That's prolly why
I don't have any white pants. Good thing too, since I don't think I have
any white underwear either.

>>> Black makes you look slimmer. Or so I've heard.
>>
>> I hope so, but even black can only do so much...
>>
>> BeH
>>

> I'll just stick to my black yoga pants.

The sensible choice...

BeH

BeH

Sep 18, 2022, 6:03:27 PM9/18/22
On 18.09.2022 16.26, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:tg2tqc$mes$1...@gioia.aioe.org:
> It's also a proper lsit.

It is, yes. Also you misspelled lits.

BeH

BeH

Sep 19, 2022, 5:18:23 PM9/19/22
On 19.09.2022 21.22, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:tg84je$c7v$2...@gioia.aioe.org:
> I did that for you.
> I remember how much you liek picking nits.

Awww. Thank you. You shouldn't have...

BeH
- nit count +1