Re: Melancholic crosspost

Sn!pe

Sep 14, 2022, 7:59:50 PM9/14/22
[cake dropped, Wundee added]

Merlyne <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am testing the server that Snipe recommended to me.

Good stuff, I'm glad you're on it OK.

> --
> www.avg.com

You could lose the spammy .siggy if you want, It's an AVG setting.
It's like a red rag to a bull to some Usenet purists. [eyeroll]

BTW and JFTR: I like caek and Spandex doesn't suit me (besides,
Spandex is a privilege, not a right). I must admit though that on
the right person, it can be highly decorative. Generally speaking,
mens' cycling teams are not included in that number, standing around
like a bunch* of percent signs as they do.

* Not a luvverly bunch of coconuts, obvs.

--
^Ď^ My pet rock Gordon just is.

~ Slava Ukraini ~

BeH

Sep 15, 2022, 6:34:32 PM9/15/22
On 15.09.2022 14.19, Merlyne wrote:
> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in news:1pyat7j.vsdxruzm0mplN%snipeco.2
> @gmail.com:
>
>> [cake dropped, Wundee added]
>>
>> Merlyne <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am testing the server that Snipe recommended to me.
>>>

>> Good stuff, I'm glad you're on it OK.
>>
>>> --
>>> www.avg.com
>>>

>> You could lose the spammy .siggy if you want, It's an AVG setting.
>> It's like a red rag to a bull to some Usenet purists. [eyeroll]
>
> I unchecked the box in AVG now.
> And during work hours. Shhh!
>

>> BTW and JFTR: I like caek and Spandex doesn't suit me (besides,
>> Spandex is a privilege, not a right). I must admit though that on
>> the right person, it can be highly decorative. Generally speaking,
>> mens' cycling teams are not included in that number, standing around
>> like a bunch* of percent signs as they do.
>>
>> * Not a luvverly bunch of coconuts, obvs.
>>

> I'll need to do more research on this.

Anecdotally some ladies are well pleased to observe cycling teams stand
around in spandex shorts, particularly white spandex shorts, in the rain...

BeH

Sn!pe

Sep 15, 2022, 8:06:42 PM9/15/22
BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote:

[...]

> >> BTW and JFTR: I like caek and Spandex doesn't suit me (besides,
> >> Spandex is a privilege, not a right). I must admit though that on
> >> the right person, it can be highly decorative. Generally speaking,
> >> mens' cycling teams are not included in that number, standing around
> >> like a bunch* of percent signs as they do.
> >>
> >> * Not a luvverly bunch of coconuts, obvs.
> >>

> > I'll need to do more research on this.
>
> Anecdotally some ladies are well pleased to observe cycling teams stand
> around in spandex shorts, particularly white spandex shorts, in the rain...

Right-thinking sports fans avert their eyes, oh yes they do.

--
^Ï^ My pet rock Gordon just is.

~ Slava Ukraini ~

BeH

Sep 16, 2022, 6:12:01 PM9/16/22
Quite. But will nobody think of the children...?

BeH

BeH

Sep 16, 2022, 6:13:15 PM9/16/22
On 16.09.2022 19.20, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:tg099n$1685$1...@gioia.aioe.org:
> I'm sure. The same way some men enjoy wet t-shirt contests.

Possibly. *I* wouldn't know obviously.

BeH