Re: Triumphant return...

7 vues

Sn!pe

non lue,
8 sept. 2022, 20:48:4008/09/2022
BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote:

> On 06.09.2022 03.08, Sn!pe wrote:
> >
> > Apologies, I put this thread on the back burner and then
> > forgot about it. ≈:o(
> >
> > Alas, I very rarely see any of the old gang anywhere,
> > although Merlyne, BED and Otter showed up there recently.
> >

> Oh - so that's where they are hiding. I should subscribe there as well.
>
> > I owe them a response too, I'd better get on that right away.
> >

> BeH

Wundee is where it's at, don'tcher know. [xpoast to there]

--
^Ï^ My pet rock Gordon just is.

~ Slava Ukraini ~

BeH

non lue,
9 sept. 2022, 17:33:1409/09/2022
Yeah, it's like a train station compared to acme... *sigh*

BeH

Sn!pe

non lue,
10 sept. 2022, 17:33:5010/09/2022
It's a sign of the times; Usenet is nearly as old as we,
the crumblies who still use it, are.

WTH, I vote for a disreputable old age. Wibble...

BeH

non lue,
11 sept. 2022, 09:24:0211/09/2022
On 10.09.2022 23.38, Sn!pe wrote:
> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote:

>>> Wundee is where it's at, don'tcher know. [xpoast to there]
>>
>> Yeah, it's like a train station compared to acme... *sigh*
>>
>> BeH
>
> It's a sign of the times; Usenet is nearly as old as we,
> the crumblies who still use it, are.

Yebbut it still has a "flavour" of it's own. I may be an old crank but
it's still not the same as all the wonder-apps that show up, is all the
rage for a couple of months/years - MySpace, F*cebook, Vine, Snapchat,
Second World, Instagr*m, tiktok and what have you.
Maybe it's just that all those others was tuned from the start to (or
very soon after was changed into) profitability as the primary design goal.
Or maybe the yout' of today just don't want to read... (They had better
keep off my lawn if they know what's good for them.)

> WTH, I vote for a disreputable old age. Wibble...

MEE TWO!!1!

BeH

BeH

non lue,
11 sept. 2022, 09:25:4811/09/2022
On 11.09.2022 13.53, Merlyne wrote:
> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in

[...]
>>> Yeah, it's like a train station compared to acme... *sigh*
>>>
>>> BeH
>>
>> It's a sign of the times; Usenet is nearly as old as we,
>> the crumblies who still use it, are.
>
> OMG, I'm old!

I though you were 25 and some months... What happened?

BeH

BeH

non lue,
12 sept. 2022, 18:03:1512/09/2022
On 11.09.2022 23.08, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote in news:tfknkr$vov$2...@gioia.aioe.org:
> Though still technically true, I doubt that anyone would believe me.
> I'll be 39 like Jack Benny.

I don't know Jack Benny, but 39 is a nice age. I remember it well. The
Y2K panic was just starting to set in... A memories.

BeH

Sn!pe

non lue,
14 sept. 2022, 20:36:3114/09/2022
BeH <old...@wits.end> wrote:

> On 10.09.2022 23.38, Sn!pe wrote:
[...]
> > WTH, I vote for a disreputable old age. Wibble...
>
> MEE TWO!!1!
>
> BeH

Zackly so; in fact me three !!!1!
0 nouveau message