Hallo -allo -llo -lo

BeH

Feb 13, 2023, 9:31:52 AM2/13/23
*Peeks into wundee*

Is there anybody out there...?
Sn!pe? Got a loverly sandworm just for you. Or a nice buttered toast if
you prefer. No Marmite, though. That's illegal.

--
BeH - one is just like the other

Sn!pe

Feb 13, 2023, 1:32:57 PM2/13/23
BeH <beh.on...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *Peeks into wundee*
>
> Is there anybody out there...?
> Sn!pe? Got a loverly sandworm just for you. Or a nice buttered toast if
> you prefer. No Marmite, though. That's illegal.

Hi, yes, still here.
Greetings, Acmeites, I'll come over for a visit soon.
While you're here, would you like a cuppa and a bikkie?

--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

~ Slava Ukraini ~

BeH

Feb 14, 2023, 2:45:48 PM2/14/23
On 13.02.2023 19.32, Sn!pe wrote:
> BeH <beh.on...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> *Peeks into wundee*
>>
>> Is there anybody out there...?
>> Sn!pe? Got a loverly sandworm just for you. Or a nice buttered toast if
>> you prefer. No Marmite, though. That's illegal.
>
> Hi, yes, still here.
> Greetings, Acmeites, I'll come over for a visit soon.
> While you're here, would you like a cuppa and a bikkie?

Sorry I missed it - that would have been lovely. I do on the other hand
have fresh bread now...

Sn!pe

Feb 16, 2023, 8:29:57 PM2/16/23
Toast is always good, oh yes. <https://youtu.be/WJmKStqugMc>

[fu2: 1d]

Sn!pe

Feb 16, 2023, 8:31:01 PM2/16/23
Merlyne <kami...@aol.com> wrote:

> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote>
> > BeH <beh.on...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> *Peeks into wundee*
> >>
> >> Is there anybody out there...?
> >> Sn!pe? Got a loverly sandworm just for you. Or a nice buttered
> >> toast if you prefer. No Marmite, though. That's illegal.
> >
> > Hi, yes, still here.
> > Greetings, Acmeites, I'll come over for a visit soon.
> > While you're here, would you like a cuppa and a bikkie?
> >

> Hey, Sn!pe!
> Nice to see you :)
> My monthly copy of Sn!pe & co. newsletter must have been lost in the mail.
>
> I would like a cuppa. Splash of milk.
> Did you make the cookies yourself?

I like "builders" tea myself - a good, strong Assam brewed for
six minutes with enough milk to turn it just 'off black'. Maybe
sweetened with half a teaspoon of honey if my blood sugar
needs a quick 'n' dirty boost. I like my tea strong enough to
be able to support a vertical spoon unaided. Don't forget to
warm the pot or, if you're like me, a pint porcelain mug.

I'm afraid the bikkies are bought but they're the very best ginger
nuts, ideal for dunking. Go on, take two - more if you like, I have
another packet in the cupboard.

Followup back to Wundee; I'm afraid I've dropped my Acme sub
along with many others in my last housekeeping. You can always
find me here in Wundee though.

Sn!pe

Feb 17, 2023, 8:26:13 PM2/17/23
Merlyne <kami...@aol.com> wrote:
[...]
> >> Hey, Sn!pe!
> >> Nice to see you :)
> >> My monthly copy of Sn!pe & co. newsletter must have been lost in the
> >> mail.
> >>
> >> I would like a cuppa. Splash of milk.
> >> Did you make the cookies yourself?
> >>

> > I like "builders" tea myself - a good, strong Assam brewed for
> > six minutes with enough milk to turn it just 'off black'. Maybe
> > sweetened with half a teaspoon of honey if my blood sugar
> > needs a quick 'n' dirty boost. I like my tea strong enough to
> > be able to support a vertical spoon unaided. Don't forget to
> > warm the pot or, if you're like me, a pint porcelain mug.
> >
> > I'm afraid the bikkies are bought but they're the very best ginger
> > nuts, ideal for dunking. Go on, take two - more if you like, I have
> > another packet in the cupboard.
> >
> > Followup back to Wundee; I'm afraid I've dropped my Acme sub
> > along with many others in my last housekeeping. You can always
> > find me here in Wundee though.
> >

> Not a problem :)
>
> *sips tea*
> OMG! That is strong. I fear it may put hair on my chest...

I can't imagine that you are a Wookie lady, nor yet that you
play one on TV. Whatever, I'm sure a hairy chest would suit
you just fine; you only need the self-confidence to wear it.

> I buy a lot of tea here: <https://www.davidstea.com/ca_en/home/>
> David left the company and started a restaurant called The Mad Radish.

Mrs S would love that site -- it's a pity they don't sell to the UK.
She does have her favourite loose tea shop here in town, though.
She like 'maidens' water', with barely the strength to crawl out
of the pot. My Granny called that kind "water bewitched, tea
begrudged". I think it's from the War time when tea was in very
short supply and rationed.

The Mad Radish, eh? That's the sort of place I would visit just
on the strength of the name.

> Ginger cookies are my favourite.

Quite right too! I actually like ginger biscuits with real stem ginger
pieces baked in and half covered in dark chocolate best, but those
don't dunk well 'coz of the chocolate.

BeH

Feb 18, 2023, 8:14:29 PM2/18/23
On 2/17/23 02:29, Sn!pe wrote:
> BeH <beh.on...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hi, yes, still here.
>>> Greetings, Acmeites, I'll come over for a visit soon.
>>> While you're here, would you like a cuppa and a bikkie?
>>
>> Sorry I missed it - that would have been lovely. I do on the
>> other hand have fresh bread now...
>
> Toast is always good, oh yes. <https://youtu.be/WJmKStqugMc>

Well that was definitely a song. But did they ever butter the toast.
Toast is always better with butter.
(I shall refrain from mentioning Lurpak... ups)

--
BeH - all that is old is new again

Sn!pe

Feb 18, 2023, 8:46:03 PM2/18/23
BeH <beh.on...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> >> Sorry I missed it - that would have been lovely. I do on the
> >> other hand have fresh bread now...
> >
> > Toast is always good, oh yes. <https://youtu.be/WJmKStqugMc>
>
> Well that was definitely a song. But did they ever butter the toast.
> Toast is always better with butter.
> (I shall refrain from mentioning Lurpak... ups)

Toast absolutely must be buttered, preferably with enough so that
you get molten butter up to your elbows. Without wishing to be rude,
I wouldn't use Lurpak, I find it rather bland. I prefer salted Anchor
butter on my toast, with added salt and pepper too. High BP?
Cholesterol? Who cares...

BeH

Feb 20, 2023, 5:28:05 PM2/20/23
On 19.02.2023 02.46, Sn!pe wrote:
> BeH <beh.on...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> Toast is always good, oh yes. <https://youtu.be/WJmKStqugMc>
>>
>> Well that was definitely a song. But did they ever butter the toast.
>> Toast is always better with butter.
>> (I shall refrain from mentioning Lurpak... ups)
>
> Toast absolutely must be buttered, preferably with enough so that
> you get molten butter up to your elbows. Without wishing to be rude,
> I wouldn't use Lurpak, I find it rather bland.

Heh. Not rude. I'm just doing my bit for the export council.

Back when I was a little one (well littler than now) there was no
distinction. Butter was Lurpak and Lurpak was butter. We would go to the
dairy shop next door and ask for 1/2 pound [250g] of butter and the nice
lady would grab her wooden spoon and dig into the half-barrel laying in
its hole in the wall, slap the butter down on the paper on the weight
and hardly ever get it wrong with the first scoop.

Other brands of butter only ever appeared with the discount supermarkets
importing stuff (mostly from Germany).

Nowadays Lurpak seems to be marketed (and priced) as luxury brand here...

> I prefer salted Anchor
> butter on my toast, with added salt and pepper too. High BP?
> Cholesterol? Who cares...

Your arteries care, probably. But living like you're already dead is
kinda pointless. Put some strawberry jam on top of all that butter...

Sn!pe

Feb 26, 2023, 7:16:04 AM2/26/23
BeH <beh.on...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nowadays Lurpak seems to be marketed (and priced) as luxury brand here...
>
> > I prefer salted Anchor butter on my toast, with added salt
> > and pepper too. High BP? Cholesterol? Who cares...
>
> Your arteries care, probably. But living like you're already dead is
> kinda pointless. Put some strawberry jam on top of all that butter...

Or Cheddar cheese and Branston pickle, yum.
In fact, yum and double yum; yum^n, even!

--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

If you want peace, prepare for war.

Sn!pe

Feb 26, 2023, 7:16:05 AM2/26/23
Merlyne <kami...@aol.com> wrote:

[...]

> >> *sips tea*
> >> OMG! That is strong. I fear it may put hair on my chest...
> >>

> > I can't imagine that you are a Wookie lady, nor yet that you
> > play one on TV. Whatever, I'm sure a hairy chest would suit
> > you just fine; you only need the self-confidence to wear it.
> >

> *cough*
> I think I'll be keeping my shirt on...

Probably the best idea for a family newsfroup like Wundee.
[distant, thoughtful look on fizzog]

--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

Sn!pe

Feb 27, 2023, 9:01:17 PM2/27/23
Merlyne <kami...@aol.com> wrote:
[...]
> >> *cough*
> >> I think I'll be keeping my shirt on...
> >>

> > Probably the best idea for a family newsfroup like Wundee.
> > [distant, thoughtful look on fizzog]
> >

> I'll keep you abreast of any changes...

I expect the weather will warm up soon.

BeH

Mar 1, 2023, 4:42:12 AM3/1/23
On 28.02.2023 14.02, Merlyne wrote:
> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in news:1q6uawj.1mp3v42ivxglfN%snipeco.2
> @gmail.com:
>
>> Merlyne <kami...@aol.com> wrote:
>> [...]
>>>>

>>> I'll keep you abreast of any changes...
>>>

>> I expect the weather will warm up soon.
>>

> It always does :)
> I have not seen a red-breasted robin yet.
> But my cat is molting.

I have robins on my bird-feeder most days - when the fricking rat hasn't
scared them away.

BeH

Mar 2, 2023, 5:16:08 PM3/2/23
On 01.03.2023 14.02, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <beh.on...@gmail.com> wrote in
> Sounds like a Country-Western song...

It isn't though. But I have just borrowed a gun[1] from my neighbour to
finally rid me of that pesky rodent once and for all. The murder-boxes
the rat-guy set up isn't working very well.

--
BeH - all that is old is new again

[1] It's only an air-gun - it can still take out an eye (or a rat).

Sn!pe

Mar 4, 2023, 9:36:51 AM3/4/23
Merlyne <kami...@aol.com> wrote:

> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
[...]
> > I expect the weather will warm up soon.
> >

> It always does :)
> I have not seen a red-breasted robin yet.
> But my cat is molting.

I love puddy-tats but alas I've become allergic to them. I much prefer
cats to dogs; you probably wouldn't want to know my opinon of dogs.

--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

We are the punchline to the cosmic joke:
<http://www.last-thursday.org>

BeH

Mar 4, 2023, 1:49:52 PM3/4/23
On 04.03.2023 15.28, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <beh.on...@gmail.com> wrote in news:ttr776$de9b$1...@dont-email.me:
> Like a pellet gun?
Yup.

> You, gangsta, you!
I wear a white hat!
(It's a green beanie but it identifies as a white hat)

Sn!pe

Mar 6, 2023, 10:03:29 AM3/6/23
Merlyne <kami...@aol.com> wrote:

[...]

> What is your opinion of dogs?

Hokay, you asked for it!

Dogs: noisy; hairy; smelly; sharp at one end; shitty at the other.

Dogs have owners; cats have staff. Dogs are dependent but you can
respect a cat. When they master the use of the tin-opener cats won't
need humans at all; the only thing holding them back is the lack of
an opposable thumb.

BeH

Mar 7, 2023, 5:16:56 PM3/7/23
On 06.03.2023 14.17, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <beh.on...@gmail.com> wrote in
> Aw... a beanie... so adorable!

It's a very manly beanie, I'll have you know. In army green...

BeH

Mar 10, 2023, 8:14:51 AM3/10/23
On 08.03.2023 13.18, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <beh.on...@gmail.com> wrote in news:tu8d4m$j0nd$1...@dont-email.me:
> Then no one will see you out in the forest.
> Super stealth!

Exactly - though my bright yellow overcoat might adversely affect the
stealthiness...

BeH

Mar 10, 2023, 5:00:27 PM3/10/23
On 10.03.2023 14.35, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <beh.on...@gmail.com> wrote in
> Avid bird watcher: marks Big Bird off his list.

I don't have a larg orange beak. And my legs are far more reasonably
proportioned relative to my body that BB's.

Sn!pe

Mar 11, 2023, 10:00:08 AM3/11/23

Huh, you call ~that~ a beak? <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

<https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

BeH

Mar 12, 2023, 5:16:05 PM3/12/23
On 11.03.2023 16.00, Sn!pe wrote:
> BeH <beh.on...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10.03.2023 14.35, Merlyne wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> Avid bird watcher: marks Big Bird off his list.
>>
>> I don't have a larg orange beak. And my legs are far more
>> reasonably proportioned relative to my body that BB's.
>
> Huh, you call ~that~ a beak? <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

Looks more like a pair or chopsticks... Now *this* is a bill for serious
work: > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Unaf-J5MM <

BeH

Mar 12, 2023, 5:18:23 PM3/12/23
On 11.03.2023 16.14, Merlyne wrote:
> BeH <beh.on...@gmail.com> wrote in
> The bird watcher took no notice of those things.

That's no way to ornithologise if that's the case...