1D?

Mr. X

Jul 30, 2019, 3:44:16 AM7/30/19
May I venture to ask what is 1d?

Sn!pe

Jul 30, 2019, 3:48:25 AM7/30/19
Mr. X <pass...@139.com> wrote:

> May I venture to ask what is 1d?

This froup is 1d. HTH

--
^Ï^ My pet rock Gordon just is.

Diogenes of Synope

Jul 31, 2019, 2:46:39 AM7/31/19
On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 15:44:04 +0800, Mr. X wrote:

> May I venture to ask what is 1d?

1d is all that remains after you take 19/11 from a pound. It is one
twelfth of a shilling, one twenty fourth of a florin and one sixth of a
tanner. Probably the price of a cuppa when Celia and Trev were briefly
encountering each other at Carnforth Station.

--
Dodgy

Mr On!on

Jul 31, 2019, 2:57:15 AM7/31/19
Mr. X <pass...@139.com> wrote:

> May I venture to ask what is 1d?

1d is about the study of one dimensional imaging
and the thinking behind it.

--
\|/
(((د))) U+97F1

Mr. X

Jul 31, 2019, 9:05:02 AM7/31/19
Thanks.
As far as I understand it, 1D is not 2D or ND, but my new question is
what is froup. And what does 1D have to do with coins?

Sn!pe

Jul 31, 2019, 12:25:56 PM7/31/19
In old money 1d is one denarius, one 240th of a pound.
1d is a froup, but not all froups are 1d.
Frouping in froups is why we are here.
It is our raison d'être.

Mr. X

Aug 1, 2019, 9:38:34 AM8/1/19
Thank you again for your hard work. It seems that I have a lot of knowledge that I don't understand. Your answer is that I feel my own existence. In this universe, someone has asked a stupid question, and I hope you will understand.

Sn!pe

Aug 1, 2019, 9:59:12 AM8/1/19
If the student is sincere, no question is stupid. Much is
mystery; so it goes. The diligent student who earnestly
seeks enlightenment will ultimately prevail.

Mr. X

Aug 1, 2019, 8:03:21 PM8/1/19
You are the most polite person I've ever met to strangers. I guess your suitable profession is a teacher. Personally, I don't have enough patience to be a teacher. In fact, I retyped your reply to deepen my impression. I was impressed by your English grammar.

Sn!pe

Aug 2, 2019, 3:56:19 AM8/2/19
I trust that you do not flatter to deceive. I am unworthy
to be a teacher; I am still a student with much to learn.

Do not be too impressed by my writing style. The written
word is our only means to give an impression of ourselves
in a public medium like Usenet so it is important to do
the best that we can. Anything less would be like playing
televised pool with dirty fingernails.

--
^Ï^ My pet rock Gordon can be quite pompous.