Anybody using Western Digital Red drives with Alt-F?

michae...@googlemail.com

Feb 19, 2014, 10:01:10 AM2/19/14
after successfully flashing my CH3NAS with Alt-F (0.1RC3) (awesome firmware!), I now move on to the second stage - buying a new, huge disk... :)
I would like to get a 4TB Red disk and later get a second one. So does anyone have experience with these and Alt-F - perhaps with the 2 or 3TB models? I have seen some reports, that the 3TB Greens work, so I am guessing the Red ones will as well. But perhaps someone can give me assurance before trying...
Thanks in advance for any feedback!

stainl...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2014, 1:33:10 PM2/20/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
I had some 2TB Reds in mine for a while.  They ran just fine--I even had them in a RAID 1 mirror without any issues.

michae...@googlemail.com

Feb 24, 2014, 4:11:11 AM2/24/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
For anyone who might be interested: So I went with a 4TB WD Red and it seems to be running fine. I haven't formatted it yet, since I am still validating it, but I don't expect any problems.