Create Alt-F folder

Mark900

Jun 6, 2024, 5:36:27 AMJun 6
to Alt-F
I thought I had followed the correct procedure to create the Alt-F folder, but when I try to start avahi_daemon, I get the message 'Alt-F Folder' not available yet. I obviously have done some detail wrong?

Joao Cardoso

Jun 6, 2024, 9:43:00 PMJun 6
to Alt-F
On Thursday, June 6, 2024 at 10:36:27 AM UTC+1 ma...@w900.co.uk wrote:
I thought I had followed the correct procedure to create the Alt-F folder,

And what procedure was that?

The correct procedure is to use Packages->Alt-F in the webUI, specify one of the offered filesystems available and submit.
The Alt-F folder will be created at the root of the specified filesystem.
You can use any linux filesystem (ext2/3/4) on any disk, but the recommended procedure if to use a dedicated, always plugged USB flash stick
with a linux filesystem. The Disk->Wizard can prepare the USB stick for you,  by selecting from the several disks *only* the USB stick and submitting.