NFS Server not starting - continually delaying

Witsend

May 5, 2024, 1:15:07 AMMay 5
to Alt-F

Hello,
On boot up, or if I issue 'rcnfs start' in a ssh session, it gives 'NFS server: delaying NFS start' but never starts.
I've tried to find a config file or something to give me a clue but to no avail.
Any ideas?
This is on a DNS-320.

João Cardoso

May 5, 2024, 2:35:31 PMMay 5
to Alt-F
in the Services->Network->nfs, Configure webui there is a button saying: "Delay NFS start on boot", and if you hover on the checkbutton it even says what it does

Witsend

May 6, 2024, 12:11:39 AMMay 6
to Alt-F
Hello João,
Thank you for your prompt reply and also a wonderful product. I run six DNS-320s and there all on Alt-F :)

I'm aware of the tick box of which you speak. There is a tick in there but it's grayed out and can't be un-ticked. I'll check on the NFS packages folder.

Witsend

May 6, 2024, 12:22:42 AMMay 6
to Alt-F
On checking the Packages it appears that Alt-f isn't installed! I normally run Alt-f from a USB drive, as you've previously suggested, but on checking it's status is 'Inactive'! Further checking now on-going!