lost+found (?!)

Dimitrios G. Panagiotidis

Jun 2, 2024, 1:01:35 AMJun 2
to Alt-F
Hello all, a folder with name "lost+found" has appeared in my DNS323. I have certainly done nothing to change the configuration and I have been very happy in the simple way this D-Link box works with Alt-F. I am suspecting that the box initiated a filesystem check because I noticed the related info about Automatic FSCK is back to their original numbers after initial setup, they were counting down since I installed Alt-F.

1. Can someone please confirm what is this "lost+found" folder. Windows reports zero(0) contents and zero (0) size but the folder is also undeletable from Windows. Do I need this file, how do I read what's inside (IF anything is inside) and what can I glean from doing so?

and,

2. How can I delete this folder? It's included in my daily backup (I guess I could filter it out but I'm not sure if it is a critical component).

Btw, what are a couple of good numbers for
Set mounted filesystems to be checked every

Thank you!

Tom Schmidt

Jun 2, 2024, 9:43:01 AMJun 2
to al...@googlegroups.com
The lost+found directory is a standard part of the Linux EXT filesystems. See https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/18154/what-is-the-purpose-of-the-lostfound-folder-in-linux-and-unix for details.  It is used by the fsck (filesystem check) command to "recover" files that may have been deleted while open by other processes.

Tom

Dimitrios G. Panagiotidis

Jun 2, 2024, 9:56:07 AMJun 2
to al...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick reply Tom so how do i see if there's anything in that folder windows will not let me access it at all and not even delete it!?

--
Dimitrios Panagiotidis
773-744-7717

Tom Schmidt

Jun 2, 2024, 10:11:11 AMJun 2
to al...@googlegroups.com
You would need to login to the system using ssh and run "ls lost+found" to see if it has anything in it.  If you delete it, the next fsck run will recreate it, so it is best to just leave it and ignore it unless you know what you are doing.  Filesystem check (fsck) run frequency is typically once every 180 days by default in Alt-F if I recall correctly (I am aware from home right now so cannot access my system remotely to check).

Tom

Dimitrios G. Panagiotidis

Jun 2, 2024, 10:28:34 AMJun 2
to al...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Tom I'll just leave it as is then. By the way my FSCK default configuration is also 180 days. Cheers!

Dimitrios G. Panagiotidis

Jun 4, 2024, 1:53:25 AMJun 4
to Alt-F
Tom, if I may ask your help one more time, I'm trying to log-in with PuTTY but although I'm using my known userID and password (the same I log in daily into the box), I get access denied. Where can I read more what Alt-F expects so I can log-in and see if that 'lost+found' folder is empty or has anything in it. I want to make sure if FSCK found (or not) any errors in the FS. Btw, would you use that client (PuTTy) or do you have another suggestion? I'm looking for something simple with the least amount of setup/config. Thanks so much!

Tom Schmidt

Jun 4, 2024, 8:44:34 AMJun 4
to al...@googlegroups.com
PuTTY is a great tool, I use it as well as an ssh client on Windows.  Make sure that you are using port 22 and have the SSH box checked for the protocol.  In order to see the lost+found directory contents, you will need to be logged in as root, so use the "root" username and password.  Once logged in, you will have a lost+found directory in each mounted filesystem.  If your RAID partition is mounted as Volume_1, then you can check its contents with "ls /mnt/Volume_1".

Tom

Dimitrios G. Panagiotidis

Jun 4, 2024, 10:13:03 AMJun 4
to al...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tom, I was trying to log-in using my usual Alt-F userID/password,
thinking that since I'm the administrator it should be fine but
apparently I needed root/root; thanks, didn't know that!

My mounted file structure looks like this:

Host: DNS323

Filesystem

Dev: md0

Mounted as: mnt

Labeled as: NAS

so, after successful log-in I type: 'Is /mnt/NAS'

Hopefully that will do it, thanks!

Tom Schmidt

Jun 4, 2024, 10:24:39 AMJun 4
to al...@googlegroups.com
Dimitrios,
    Once logged in as root, the command you would run is "ls /mnt/NAS/lost+found".  Note that "ls" has a lowercase L, not an uppercase I.  "ls" for list is the equivalent to the DOS "dir" command.

Tom

Dimitrios G. Panagiotidis

Jun 4, 2024, 10:27:13 AMJun 4
to al...@googlegroups.com
Tom -

Just tried it and here's something interesting:

The password for root was not root but the same password I use for my account when I normally log-in to the box.
Not sure why, but at least I'm "IN".

However, it does not accept the 'Is' command, here's a screenshot below:

image.png

I'm also attaching a screenshot of Alt-F status page:

image.png

Any ideas? Thanks!
--
Dimitrios G. Panagiotidis
773-744-7717

US Soccer National "E" and "D" Coaching License
Grade 8 "Grassroots" US Soccer Referee
IHSA Certified Soccer and Volleyball Official
PAVO Certified NCAA/NACC Volleyball Line Judge

==

Dimitrios G. Panagiotidis

Jun 4, 2024, 10:31:38 AMJun 4
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tom looks like we sent our last messages simultaneously (lol). I had sort of figured out where the problem was and your feedback confirmed it, but look, I am still not finding the lost+found directory

image.png

?!?
--
Dimitrios G. Panagiotidis
773-744-7717

Tom Schmidt

Jun 4, 2024, 10:37:24 AMJun 4
to al...@googlegroups.com
Dimitrios,
    Linux is case sensitive, your filesystem is mounted on /mnt/NAS, not on /mnt/nas.  You can confirm that by first running "ls /mnt".  The lost+found directory should be in /mnt/NAS/lost+found on your setup.

Tom

Dimitrios G. Panagiotidis

Jun 4, 2024, 10:46:20 AMJun 4
to al...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, Tom, success!

So now that I'm there, the fact that there's nothing showing means the 'lost+found' is empty? (I hope?!).

Btw, in command prompt F3 prints the previous command. Is there such an equivalent in ssh/linux?!

image.png

==

Tom Schmidt

Jun 4, 2024, 10:51:13 AMJun 4
to al...@googlegroups.com
The up and down arrow keys allow you to scroll through previous commands.  Be very careful what you are doing as root, as you can easily break things if you don't know what you are doing.

Tom

Dimitrios G. Panagiotidis

Jun 4, 2024, 11:03:11 AMJun 4
to al...@googlegroups.com
Of course, I understand that; despite not knowing linux at all, I know logged in as 'root' is dangerous so thanks for the heads up!

To conclude:

1. The recent FSCK did not find (and fix) any filesystem errors OR the 'lost+found' directory would not be empty (correct?!).
2. When connected to Alt-F via PuTTy do I use linux OR ssh commands (or is it the same?). I intend to look up an online tutorial so I can (safely) get up to speed.
3. When I tried to log-in with my usual userID/password why Alt-F denied me access? I know I have added myself in the 'Administrators' group and I am also in the 'root' group.

Enough for one day, I apologize for my ..."novice-ness" (is that even a word?!), now that I resurrected the D-Link, have no choice but trying to learn.

Thanks!
--
Dimitrios G. Panagiotidis
773-744-7717

==

Donkiss Zidane

7:57 AM (1 hour ago) 7:57 AM
to Alt-F
There is a growing number of people who wish to buy shrooms online. It is often hard to tell which form of products to buy since you cannot see it physically. This is sometimes peculiar to newbies who haven’t tried shrooms before. They just don’t know how to go about it. Shroom Edibles are not so popularly discussed as often as you think. A lot of experienced shroom users have not even had a taste of these Psilonauts Psilocybin Chocolate Bar goodness that offer a premium psychedelic trip.

Shroom edibles refer to food products that have been infused with a measured dosage of psilocybin, the active ingredient found in magic mushrooms. Magic mushrooms, also known as shrooms, have a long history and are renowned for their psychedelic effects. In this article, we will delve into the nature of magic mushrooms, the workings of psilocybin, and the appeal of shroom edibles.
Understanding Magic Mushrooms
Magic mushrooms are a distinct type of fungi that contain the psychoactive compound psilocybin. They have been used for social, religious, and medicinal purposes throughout history. Magic mushrooms are known to produce psychedelic effects similar to other hallucinogens such as LSD.

Buy Albino Penis Envy Mushrooms, or “APE,” is a genetically isolated, non-pigmented strain of the famous Polkadot chocolate. But the lack of pigment gives the albino penile envy mushroom a bright white appearance.

Your best online shop to get platinum quality microdosing psychedelics products online, pain,anxiety pills, and research chemicals.
Be 100% assured about the quality and genuineness of the product, and you will also be able to buy quality psychedelics products at a fair price.

Buy Mushrooms Infused Chocolate Bars

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5356?single

Buy Strawberry Rox

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5325

Buy Muha Meds Disposable

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5302?single

Buy C&G Carts

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5293

Buy Persy Snowcaps

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5293

Buy Nug Shatter

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5234

Buy Gold Coast Clear Carts

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5232

Buy Gelato Pop

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5212

Buy Gelato Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5205

Buy Banana Runtz Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5203

Buy Candy Runtz Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5200

Buy Doja Edibles Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5148

Buy Fryd Cart Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5145

Buy Packman Live Resin x Liquid Diamonds Catridges Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5143

Buy 2G Cake Dispoble Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5143

Buy California Gold Coast Cart Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5140

Buy Bloom Surf Disposable Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5060

Buy Pre-rolls Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5004?single

Buy 2g Persy Cart Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4976?single

Buy Edibles Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4940

Buy Cold Fire Juice Carts Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4928

Buy Whole Melt Tropical Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4797?single

Buy Candy Cake Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4688

Buy Golden Teacher Mushrooms Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4677

Buy Piff Bars 3g Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4642?single

Buy Kaws Moonrocks Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4639?single

Buy Frozen Grapes Ice Caps

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4518?single

Buy Rainbow Runtz Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4486

Buy White Runtz Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4348

Buy Torch 2g Live Resin Disposables Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4280?single

Buy Cookie Carts Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4278?single

Buy Guava Gelato Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4136?single

Buy Sour Diesel Snowball Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4058

Buy psilocybin Mushrooms Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4046

Buy Packman 2g Disposable Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4031?single

Buy Jeetter Juice 2g Disposable Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4016?single

Buy Pluto 2g Carts Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4010?single

Buy Candy Piffs Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4007?single

Buy Moonrocks Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/4003?single

Buy Birthday cake Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/3915?single

Buy Sourz Liquid Diamonds Edibles Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/3837?single

Buy Clarity Shatter Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/3835?single

Buy Sauce Bars Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/3827?single

Buy Sugar Wax Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/3819?single

Where to buy Dmt Carts In USA

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5349

Order Happy Mushrooms Edibles In USA

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5354?single

Buy Splitz Live Resin Online

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/3738?single

Where to buy Mushrooms Infused Chocolate

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5375

Buy Polkadot mushrooms chocolate bar

https://t.me/EgUNSNP43FY3MDJk/5374

Buy 1g Disposable Vape Online