ntfs usb data copy (via alt-f interface) failure for large folders (cp invalid option)

Filip Goc

Jan 21, 2014, 3:40:47 AM1/21/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

All works fine for me when I'm testing the functionality with a bunch of files and folders around couple hundred MB, but I get "cp invalid option" error when I try to copy larger batches.

full error:

Copy 2.0GB from “ImntIFG_passlMusicl-_Swing_-” to “ImntlmdOlPublic/RWIMusic”

cp: invalid option -- BusyBox vl.20.2 (2013-03-17 19:50:30 WET) multi-call binary. Usage: cp [OPTIONS] SOURCE... DEST Copy SOURCE(s) to

DEST -a Same as -dpR -R,-r Recurse -d,-P Preserve symlinks (default if -R) -L Follow all symlinks -H Follow symlinks on command line -p Preserve file

attributes if possible -f Overwrite -i Prompt before overwrite -1,-s Create (sym)links

Can anyone please explain the error message to me?
Thanks!

alt-f RC3
Win7
runing miniDLNA
installed miniDLNA, NTFS package
2* 3TB drives

João Cardoso

Jan 21, 2014, 10:14:23 AM1/21/14
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:40:47 AM UTC, Filip Goc wrote:
Hi,

All works fine for me when I'm testing the functionality with a bunch of files and folders around couple hundred MB, but I get "cp invalid option" error when I try to copy larger batches.

full error:

Copy 2.0GB from “ImntIFG_passlMusicl-_Swing_-” to “ImntlmdOlPublic/RWIMusic”

cp: invalid option -- BusyBox vl.20.2 (2013-03-17 19:50:30 WET) multi-call binary. Usage: cp [OPTIONS]

hmm, it looks like more a file name (character codes) issue than a 'cp' command (or ntfs-3g) issue.
Can you try using a simple "foobar" name (and folders names) on a greater than 2GB file?

Filip Goc

Jan 21, 2014, 10:57:06 AM1/21/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
It's not one file byt a folder with subfolders and files. It is unfortunately completely undesirable to rename them as they are songs...

I'll try to play around with various names and see what breaks it. And report back. Thanks!

PS exceptional work on alt f! Love it.

Filip Goc

Jan 22, 2014, 1:34:04 PM1/22/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
OK, it was a naming convention issue. The folders were named to graphically stand out. It has not caused an issue before but now it has.

_folder name   | OK
_folder name_ | OK
-_folder name  | fail

Thanks!