How i can protect my NAS (DNS-320L) with ALT-F (RC6) against ransomware vírus?

Leandro SSA

Sep 27, 2017, 2:53:26 PM9/27/17
to Alt-F
Hi

Please, I need best practices for prevent and protect the File Server NAS against ransonware infections. Anybody can help? Thanks.

Paulo Elifaz Andrielli

Sep 27, 2017, 3:25:43 PM9/27/17
to al...@googlegroups.com
First, we need to understand how you use your NAS:

- Do you use local computers accessing NAS?
- Do you access NAS files using your mobile?
- Do you access NAS from outside your house?

First of all, any device that saves files on NAS should have antivirus or some protection software (you can find many cheap software license... for instance, McAfee has a sale of 6 dollars for one year).

Also..... does this ransomware attacks Linux/UNIX boxes?

[]´s
Paulo