Pi-Hole on Alt-F

Akki K

May 10, 2019, 12:11:49 PM5/10/19
to Alt-F
Hi Gurus,
    Have anyone tried installing/running Pi-Hole (or any other Ad-Blocking) on a NAS running Alt-F. If so How did you do it? Is there already a prebuilt package?
I'm trying out Alt-F on a DNS-325 ver A1. I'm pretty sure it has spare CPU/IO to answer some DNS queries :)
Thanks in advance.

adam

May 10, 2019, 12:46:48 PM5/10/19
to Alt-F
I don't see why it wouldn't work. Pihole isn't very cpu intensive

Jc Connell

May 14, 2019, 8:25:07 AM5/14/19
to Alt-F
Did you make any progress on this? I'd like to give it a shot myself.

Nicolas Desveaux

May 14, 2019, 8:29:25 AM5/14/19
to al...@googlegroups.com
I think at this stage it's within our hands to give it a go and post results and eventually a guide to help everyone else.

For me I'd love to but I wonder if it won't make my fan go crazy as right now it's barely sustaining the temps correctly.

Tor Morgan Bårdsen

Nov 3, 2020, 6:11:09 PM11/3/20
to Alt-F
Would love pihole on my old DNS320