I think i (already) broke it

Rafael Ourique

Jul 5, 2014, 2:27:06 AM7/5/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
So... i installed alt-f just like the instructions, and now i'm stuck for at least 3 hours with the power led blinking fast, the USB led with both colors (blue+orange... looks purple-ish from afar) and both HD lights otange (i use only one of the slots by the way).

Well, it's just too much time for it to just be checking filesystems.

any help?

Rafael Ourique

Jul 5, 2014, 3:25:15 AM7/5/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
CRISIS AVERTED! (for now)

it hadn't kept the static ip... i had to connect using the name (it also reset the name to DNS320l... go figure)

i'll work on it and if all works right, i'll mark this one as answered and resolved

João Cardoso

Jul 5, 2014, 9:53:58 AM7/5/14

On Saturday, July 5, 2014 8:25:15 AM UTC+1, Rafael Ourique wrote:
CRISIS AVERTED! (for now)

it hadn't kept the static ip... i had to connect using the name (it also reset the name to DNS320l... go figure)

You have *installed* a new OS, not upgraded one, so all settings except disk and data was lost. As expected.

i'll work on it and if all works right, i'll mark this one as answered and resolved

Far from that!

But thanks for reporting back,  there has been 28 downloads of  Alt-F-0.1RC4-DNS-320L-rev-A1.bin and no report at all, so I didn't know if it was working or not!

The minimum needed for a box to work is to have disk and network access. But for me that does not means "supported", much more is need -- system temperature reading, automatic fan control, all buttons and leds working as expected... and from your report none of these seems to be right now!

So, the DNS-320L-rev-A1/A3 is not fully supported, but it works.

There are a lot of things to test, debug and fix, and most means trying and error, as I don't have such a box of my own, so instructions have to be followed, results reported back, doing another try/error cycle... all this taking days or weeks, depending on your technical expertise and linux experience.

Thanks for reporting back,
João