Power Recovery CH3SNAS (Conceptronic Grab 'n Go)

Peter Hollenberg

Oct 22, 2022, 5:50:50 PM10/22/22
to Alt-F
Can anyone tell me how to enable Power Recovery so the NAS will power on after a power failure? I've tryed using the toolset:

dns320l-daemon -x EnablePowerRecovery

But it gives "ERR" as output without any logging.

The NAS is detected as:
Model: DNS-323-B1

Rolf Pedersen

Oct 22, 2022, 7:57:32 PM10/22/22
to al...@googlegroups.com

This has been discussed in the group before and since some time ago.  One such thread is as follows and you might find more by searching at the group.  I think prospects are not very promising.
Rolf

https://groups.google.com/g/alt-f/c/ScFXyHzIoPg/m/_xZ4PggsBwAJ

Hell Fish

Oct 23, 2022, 6:09:45 AM10/23/22
to Alt-F
Power Recovery for CH3SNAS is only possible with a hardware mod, see http://dns323.kood.org/hardware:autopoweron, pcb is the same as DNS32 B1
I went with Single capacitor solution (B1 hardware) and it works fine, AFAIR I used some higher than 150uF cap harvested from old, broken hardware.

ALT_F_User

Dec 6, 2022, 3:21:57 PM12/6/22
to Alt-F
I've finally done the mod using a 220uF capacitor, excellent :) I'm able to remote power on the box and schedule power on using a cheap wifi power plug :)

notoneofmyseeds

Dec 18, 2022, 3:55:05 PM12/18/22
to al...@googlegroups.com
On 06.12.22 21:21, ALT_F_User wrote:

> I've finally done the mod using a 220uF capacitor, excellent :) I'm
> able to remote power on the box and schedule power on using a cheap
> wifi power plug :)

do you care to share details on the wifi power plug that's working for
you, please?

thanks a lot.