Cleanup up old RC2(?) and RC3 reloaded files after *finaly* flashed RC3

scaramanga

Jan 23, 2014, 8:39:52 AM1/23/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
I finaly flashed RC3 after using ALT-F for a loooooong time, since RC2. Before that, I used ffp 0.5. Currently, I don't use any ffp packages.
I, obviously, have some left overs which I'd like to clean up. Problem is, I don't know which files/folders I should clear.
The obvious candidates are as following, under /mnt/sda2:
Alt-F
alt
-f
alt
-f-reloaded.log
alt
-f.RC2
alt
-f.log
fun_plug
I think it's safe to say that alt-f.RC2 is my backup from the reloaded RC2 days.
And I can remove fun_plug, right?

The big question is:
alt-f (all lower-case) is the reloaded RC3 Alt-F and is safe to delete, right?
and Alt-F (capitalized) is where Alt-F stores installed packages and other changes to config files and is mounted using that overlay trick aufs thingamajig, right? I should never ever touch that.

Obviously, I'll start by moving those files, and only after a reboot and check that everything's fine - only then I'll delete them.

scaramanga

Jan 23, 2014, 12:23:57 PM1/23/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Now that I've actually bothered to read the REAME file, I know the answer.