can't log in

Thomas Moersch

Dec 25, 2013, 10:12:08 PM12/25/13
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hello, everybody.
I am running Alt-F 0.1RC3 on a D-Link 323.  I installed alt-F about 4 weeks ago.  I created a user, enabled ssh login.  I kept the admin password in KeePassX.  I copied the user's ssh key with ssh-copy-id to the Alt-F server.  The ssh key authentication never worked but I didnd't spend much time on it.
Now I cannot login to the Al-F NAS server using the webinterface or an ssh session.  The ssh daemon is active but I cannot authenticate.
What now?
Any suggestion is welcome as long as they are polite ;-)

Thomas

Cem Basu

Dec 26, 2013, 11:47:47 PM12/26/13
to al...@googlegroups.com
You can try the back button trick (10 sec) to enable telnet to port 26 without password prompt for root.

Thomas Moersch

Dec 27, 2013, 8:11:18 PM12/27/13
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 10:47 PM, Cem Basu <cem...@gmail.com> wrote:
back button trick

Hi, Cem.
I'm afraid I don't understand.  How do I send 10 seconds worth of "backbutton" keypresses to the NAS server?  From the webinterface?  From the ssh login attempt?

Ben Carr

Dec 27, 2013, 8:14:20 PM12/27/13
to al...@googlegroups.com
>> back button trick

> I'm afraid I don't understand. How do I send 10 seconds worth of
> "backbutton" keypresses to the NAS server?

There is a recessed button on the back of the DNS-323, see:

http://sourceforge.net/p/alt-f/wiki/About%20Buttons%20and%20Leds/

Thomas Moersch

Dec 27, 2013, 8:40:03 PM12/27/13
to al...@googlegroups.com
O.K.  I got it.  Sorry, I assumed you were referring to the "backspace".  I was able to get back in.  I tried root insead of admin and it worked.
Thanks for your assistance.
Do you use ssh keypairs to authenticate?  I tried that.  I installed a key but no luck.