Using DNS-323 with RC4 as syslog collector

ithrowpicks

Jan 21, 2015, 5:27:06 PM1/21/15
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I would like to use my DNS-323 with Alt-F 0.1RC4 as a syslog collector server.

I want my other devices (router, server, etc.) to send logs to the NAS however I don't see the packages to do it.  Is it possible with this device?

Duke

Jan 29, 2015, 6:42:47 PM1/29/15
to al...@googlegroups.com
It surely is. But you have to either build package yourself or ask here: https://sourceforge.net/p/alt-f/packagerequest/

Btw what package do you need?

ithrowpicks

Jan 31, 2015, 11:24:47 AM1/31/15
Not sure which package would be the best option.  I thought someone surely would have done this already so after doing research without any results I posted the question.

I am not looking for an enterprise grade solution just something that will capture logs in a standard syslog format.

syslog-ng maybe? or anything easy to configure and lite on resources since the DNS-323 isn't very powerful.