FTP Server per user not working

maxse...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2018, 12:11:43 AM9/18/18
to al...@googlegroups.com
Device: DLINK DNS-323

Issue: I set up a test account with the following credentials:

TestAccount:Password123

I tried to save settings, then try to login to FTP using those above credentials. It says 530 Login incorrect every time in all clients. I made sure inetd has FTP checked and configured.

However, using the credentials below lets me login to some folder:

root:<my admin password> also anonymous login works

Can someone tell me how I can get per user FTP working like my TestAccount? Thank you very much

João Cardoso

Sep 18, 2018, 12:48:42 PM9/18/18
to Alt-F

I can't reproduce your results.
Have you used the webUI to create the new user account Setup->Users? Have you specified the same "nick name" as the "Full name" there? If not, you should login using the "nickname" -- that's the linux user name, read the tooltip.

I have created a user with TestAccount as full name and TestAccount as nick name and Password123, then:

jcard@silver:~> ftp dns-325
Connected to dns-325.homenet.
220 (vsFTPd 3.0.3)
Name (dns-325:foobar): TestAccount
331 Please specify the password.
Password:
230 Login successful.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> pwd
Remote directory: /mnt/md1/Users/TestAccount
ftp>

and the ftp server entry in the System Log (System->Utilities, View Logs) says:

Sep 18 17:37:17 DNS-325 ftp.info vsftpd[1964]: [TestAccount] OK LOGIN: Client "192.168.1.115"