alternative way to power off the DNS 323 under alt-f??

chq...@gmail.com

May 23, 2013, 11:37:49 PM5/23/13
to al...@googlegroups.com

Hi Joao,

I have initial a discussion "Have problem to access to ALL my files after restart" few days ago
But it leaves a problem that the box cannot power off .

I have tried the WebUI, telnet, and press the power button for 6 seconds... All the same: the hard drive are stopped when a "power off" is executed (I can feel from the fans), but the power led does not turn off. the box is kept on. No response to any action after that.

This is a minor issue, but it is still very annoying.

I have flashed back to firmware 1.10 , it can power off correctly. Then I reset the box as factory setting and flash it again as "Alt-f". Still not work.
I have done that back and forth with different options at the "ALT-F" , such as "keep the settings" "remove all the settings (lost IP address, config, etc),", all of them do not work.

I have followed your instruction to convert my drives to EXT4. I have two drives. all the other info can be found in the previous discussion post.
I even tried to remove all the drive to test the box itself, it still has the problem.
Attached is the log file I am using Telnet to operate it.

Is there a way to walk around?
Telnet_commands_log.txt

João Cardoso

May 24, 2013, 12:18:18 PM5/24/13
to al...@googlegroups.com
I don't think so.
All methods (webui, front-button) resort to the 'poweroff' command, that instructs the kernel to poweroff the box. Bellow you can see the final stage of the shutdown process, as viewed from a serial-line console (this is an unclean shutdown!)

~ # poweroff -f
md
: stopping all md devices.
sd
0:0:0:0: [sda] Synchronizing SCSI cache
sd
0:0:0:0: [sda] Stopping disk
Power down.
DNS
-321/323: Triggering power-off...

I really don't know what is happening in your box, and there is nothing I can do to avoid it.
The kernel has different methods of powering off the box, depending on its hardware model, rev-A1, rev-B1 or rev-C1.
You say that you have a rev-B1 board (as printed on the box bottom label and the inner hardware board), and that is also what the kernel detects -- is it wrong?

Also, nobody else complained... sorry

chq...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2013, 11:43:48 PM6/3/13
to al...@googlegroups.com

How can I know whether it is a "rev-A1, rev-B1 or rev-C1"?
the firmware page said:

Firmware Update help

By following this procedure you can brick your box.

However, it was used to successfully flash DLink 1.07, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10 and Conceptronic 1.05b5
and all Alt-F firmware versions on a Rev-B1 board.

An option is offered latter to cancel the procedure, so you can safely proceed for now.

The box is currently running Alt-F 0.1RC3 and its firmware is Alt-F-0.1RC3, kernel 2.6.35.14.

Firmware file to upload:

also, the status page:
System

0.7/1034MB
Name: DNS323Device: DNS-323 rev-B1

Where can I check the board model? and if this is shown wrong, how to fix it and will it possibly let me to power off?

THX,

On Friday, May 24, 2013 12:18:18 PM UTC-4, João Cardoso wrote:

I don't think so.
All methods (webui, front-button) resort to the 'poweroff' command, that instructs the kernel to poweroff the box. Bellow you can see the final stage of the shutdown process, as viewed from a serial-line console (this is an unclean shutdown!)

chq...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2013, 11:49:10 PM6/3/13
to al...@googlegroups.com

I notice at the bottom of the box:

P/N: CNS323A ...  B1

any issue?

Kjeld Vang Larsen

Sep 29, 2014, 2:06:56 AM9/29/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zeng,

were you ever able to find a workaround on this issue?
I patched my 320L yesterday with the ALT-F 0.4RC4, but got the same problem - the device wont turn off.
Might have to revert to the DLINK firmware to bypass the issue.. :/

/K

João Cardoso

Sep 29, 2014, 10:09:38 AM9/29/14
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, September 29, 2014 7:06:56 AM UTC+1, Kjeld Vang Larsen wrote:
Hi Zeng,

were you ever able to find a workaround on this issue?
I patched my 320L

This topic subject says "DNS323", not "DNS320L"

Have you read the top-posted topic "Fixes for the DNS-320L" ?