How do I run fsck manually.

Peter Cound

Feb 29, 2016, 1:55:08 AM2/29/16
to Alt-F
I get this error:

Unable to automatically fix md1, mounting Read Only: fsck 1.41.14 (22-Dec-2010)
/dev/md1 contains a file system with errors, check forced.
/dev/md1: Inodes that were part of a corrupted orphan linked list found.

/dev/md1: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
	(i.e., without -a or -p options)

The hard drive status looks like this;

df: /mnt/DISK_IMG: Input/output error
Dev.LabelCapacityAvailableFSModeDirtyAutomatic FSCK in
md1455.6GB
230.5GB
ext3RO-5 mounts or -1131 days
sda4460.6MB
286.5MB
ext4RW18 mounts or 179 days
sdb4484.3MB
454.5MB
ext3RW12 mounts or 179 days
sdc0B
0B
RW

There is probably something really stupid I have neglected to do.

I have to say how much I am loving Alt-F it is superior to the bog-standard DLink software by a mile.
I have just ordered the 320L version. I'm going to set it up with Alt-F out of the box.

Thank you very much.

Pete

João Cardoso

Feb 29, 2016, 7:44:45 AM2/29/16
to Alt-F

On Monday, 29 February 2016 06:55:08 UTC, Peter Cound wrote:
I get this error:

Unable to automatically fix md1, mounting Read Only: fsck 1.41.14 (22-Dec-2010)
/dev/md1 contains a file system with errors, check forced.
/dev/md1: Inodes that were part of a corrupted orphan linked list found.

/dev/md1: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
	(i.e., without -a or -p options)

Disk->Filesystem, relevant fs line, FS Operations>ForceFix is the equivalent of a manual fsck where 'yes' is replied to all questions. Read the warning.
If you have installed Alt-F packages on it, it might refuse unmounting, try right after a reboot after stopping all services.
The sdc filesystem is odd... 0B of capacity, unknown filesystem, and mounted Read Write? What is it?

There is probably something really stupid I have neglected to do.

Not really, filesystems might develop errors, specially if there is a power failure and they are not unmounted properly.