A few tip during firmware upgrade from 0.1RC4.1 to 0.1RC5

Thomas FRANCAIS

Jun 27, 2016, 5:17:23 AM6/27/16
to Alt-F
Dear All,
I met a few issue while updating my DNS-320LW 01.RC4.1 firmware to 0.1RC5 after 1st boot.
I choose to share them and the solutions I found to correct.

1. Debian packages have disappeared and the packages page couldn't install them again
System... ==> Utilities ==> Reboot and check
The nas rebooted itself, checked the hard drives and the status page got OK and my packages were back.

2. Minidlna wouldn't start with a modal box talking about "libavformat.so.54"
Referring to older closed ticket I connected with putty on my NAS and I force-reinstalled some packages:

ipkg -force-reinstall install jpeg-libs
ipkg -force-reinstall install sqlite-libs
==> no effect

I look at google and
ipkg -force-reinstall install ffmpeg-libs
 worked fine.
My media db is building itself back and the nas seems to have resume its standard home duty...