Create shared folder

NinjaCross

Nov 24, 2012, 2:47:23 PM11/24/12
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.
I've just installed this amazing firmware, but a simple question struggles me: how do I create new SAMBA folders inside the root path, and then assign them security permissions ?
In the old DNS323 firmware I had a "Volume_1" folder that was the root of every other folder in the FS, and then I created custom subfolders assigning them specific users/groups permissions
Now as I can see, only public (RO & RW) folders, and folders named after existing users are admitted... but I can't find a way to create a folder with a custom name that's shared between different users.
Any help please ?

Joao Cardoso

Nov 24, 2012, 3:11:35 PM11/24/12
to al...@googlegroups.com

can you please give an example, not mixing folders (fs) and shares names (samba)?

Or you might want to go to Services>network>smb ?

NinjaCross

Nov 25, 2012, 2:39:02 AM11/25/12
to al...@googlegroups.com
Oh, God, now I found the Samba settings... sorry, it was in front of my eyes and I didn't see it.
Thanks so much for your suggestion.